• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Gravijah

photomar04125557amnkzws.jpg

hello world

upandaway

f soulsiver, really. can't beat those goddamn kimono girls. my meganium suuuuuuuucks.
I don't think I've ever had a Meganium in my team... and I choose Chikorita every other time I play.

You're not supposed to evolve Bayleef, man. You're supposed to use him like that. Bayleef's one of my favorites and I hate Meganium.

HGSS are the most fun without using any of the starters though

upandaway

By the way do we know about any suspicious trading code in B&W (like how Johto was in DPPt)? I hope they won't make us import for B2&W2...

OMG Aero

By the way do we know about any suspicious trading code in B&W (like how Johto was in DPPt)? I hope they won't make us import for B2&W2...
I don't see why there would be any problem trading from B&W to B&W2 in the same way that there wasn't a problem trading from Diamond and Pearl to Platinum.

The only issue is that you won't be able to trade Black Kyurem and White Kyurem and any other potential new forms to B&W but that's to be expected.

upandaway

I don't see why there would be any problem trading from B&W to B&W2 in the same way that there wasn't a problem trading from Diamond and Pearl to Platinum.

The only issue is that you won't be able to trade Black Kyurem and White Kyurem and any other potential new forms to B&W but that's to be expected.
I'm thinking about things like new attacks, abilities and locations (which would need to be inside B&W for trading). I don't really want the games to be just a new single player quest though I guess it's possible.

I wonder if they'll expand on the battle facilities like in the 3rd version titles too.. it might not happen if it's in a new region

OMG Aero

I'm thinking about things like new attacks, abilities and locations (which would need to be inside B&W for trading). I don't really want the games to be just a new single player quest though I guess it's possible.

I wonder if they'll expand on the battle facilities like in the 3rd version titles too.. it might not happen if it's in a new region
I really wouldn't expect new stuff like that.
There are already unused attacks in Black and White that were clearly put there because they had Black and White 2 in mind (Freeze Shock and Ice Burn) so they aren't going to add more now, any new abilities (Aside from the Unova Dream World abilities which Black and White already have the data for) would be restricted to new forms which wouldn't be compatible with Black and White in the first place, and new locations either wouldn't have Pokemon to catch or would not be mentioned in a Pokemon's stat screen (I'm pretty sure if you trade a Giratina caught in Platinum's Distortion World to Diamond or Pearl the catch location is changed to "Faraway Place" so the same thing would happen here).

Seriously though, until we hear otherwise you are just setting yourself up for disappoint if you expect more in this game than the standard third version additions. A new region especially is almost certainly not going to happen.

upandaway

I really wouldn't expect new stuff like that.
There are already unused attacks in Black and White that were clearly put there because they had Black and White 2 in mind (Freeze Shock and Ice Burn) so they aren't going to add more now, any new abilities (Aside from the Unova Dream World abilities which Black and White already have the data for) would be restricted to new forms which wouldn't be compatible with Black and White in the first place, and new locations either wouldn't have Pokemon to catch or would not be mentioned in a Pokemon's stat screen (I'm pretty sure if you trade a Giratina caught in Platinum's Distortion World to Diamond or Pearl the catch location is changed to "Faraway Place" so the same thing would happen here).

Seriously though, until we hear otherwise you are just setting yourself up for disappoint if you expect more in this game than the standard third version additions. A new region especially is almost certainly not going to happen.
But this is so weird!!!

I can get a Grey because they're always the definitive one version with everything but would they really just make 2 Greys and call then B&W2?

Wait now that I say it like that it sounds pretty believable...

Kaper

as long as i can get a vs seeker so i don't have a hard time raising weak pokemon post game, im happy.

Seriously, this is my biggest gripe. I've been post game in my copy of SS for the past few months, and grinding on the E4 is really boring to raise new pokemon. I almost deleted my game, just to start over again, which has led me to buying HG instead.

Desmond

I just popped into Undella Town (haven't played in awhile)

I can't remember what rare treasures that guy in the Riches house is looking for. Any help?

Ondore

He's looking for the Relic items in the Abyssal Ruins. Basically, if it's not an Arceus plate, he wants it.

ffdgh said:
poor poor notch eared pichu...forever stuck in hgss
Pichu
Pichu
Pichu is on fire
We don't need no water
Let the motherfucker burn

as long as i can get a vs seeker so i don't have a hard time raising weak pokemon post game, im happy.

Audino and Lucky Eggs take the sting off, though.

I just arrived in Vaughn Mills! I think that I'll give quick updates between rounds. Probably no pics, though, sorry :(

Final team:
Scrafty
Jolteon: Timid, 4/0/0/252/0/252, (Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Volt Switch, Thunder Wave), Item: Magnet, Ability: Volt Absorb
Scizor: Adamant, 248/252/0/4/0, (Bullet Punch, Superpower, X-Scissor, Pursuit), Item: Black Belt, Ability: TECHNICIAN
Togekiss
Gallade
Starmie: Modest, I forget the EVs, (Surf, Psychic, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam), Item: Choice Specs, Ability: Natural Cure

Thanks for the advice, Wiseblade. As you can see, I stayed up all night doing a last-minute rehaul of my team (and studying for my midterms, but that's not as important). Personally, I think it really paid off!

P.S. I also have a Speed Forme Deoxys on hand in case things get REALLY ugly ;)

EDIT: Added info on new party members

My first match starts at 10:30. I'm up against some guy named Isaac Stiller. Looking around, I can already see about 3 chipper kids who are unaware that they are about to have their dreams crushed >:)

(BTW, it's a single-elimination, 16-entrant tournament. Champion gets some as-of-yet unknown prize.)

Man, for such a small tournament, they have one awesome commentator/announcer. He actually shouted "make it rain!" when this guy's Ludicolo used Rain Dance!

Sofo

Finally beat Clair in SoulSilver! That was annoying to be honest. Taught my Feraligatr Avalanche and it was a cake walk (most of my Pokemon were around 38). Jirachi helped a lot too, and Meganium ripped Gyarados apart with one hit!

It was fun, though! My current mission is leveling/getting Lugia and the dog (cat?) legendaries of Johto!

I'm also enjoying Ghastly a lot, too. I had never used ghost types so it's really refreshing! He is 22 now. Ultimately my team will consist in:

• Ghastly
  • Jirachi
  • Meganium
  • Feraligatr
  • Typlosion
  • Dragonair

Is it a good idea?
So any ideas? >: (sorry to quote myself, but this ended in the other page)

ffdgh

since weather is love sooo much online, my jolteon has rain dance and sunny day just in case .

and lol it was that easy?

My next match won't be for a while, so I'm just chilling in the tournament hall and watching 12-year-olds using event Arceuses get raped by people with actual good Pokémon.

ffdgh

My next match won't be for a while, so I'm just chilling in the tournament hall and watching 12-year-olds using event Arceuses get raped by people with actual good Pokémon.

hey hey, its not arceus fault the kiddies cant use his infinite greatness correctly :p

Man, there's this guy named Demitri here, and he scares me. I think he has Kyogre, Heatran, Mewtwo, Salamence, Mienshao, and Conkeldurr. Arceus help me if I need to face him...

EDIT: aaaaaaand, he just crushed a grown man 6-0. My future looks bleak T_T

Top Bottom