• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Not on hand, but I can breed any of the starters. I just have a ton of squirtel atm because im trying to get a shiny.
Hey man, I'm at home and my dude's in the union room if you want to take another crack at the Squirtle.

Actually pretty excited, Squirtle was my first starter in Pokemon Blue. Jesus that was like, 14 years ago man.

Boogiepop

...Dick. I just barely won against a Trick Room team, and he disconnected AFTER I won. Grrrr. And it was so awesome, my Rhyperior slotted into his Trick Room and screwed him over. Boo random disconnect guy. Boo.

Edit: Fuuuu I'm dumb. I used Dark Pulse against a Kingdra instead of Dragon Pulse and it lived. Gah.

...Dick. I just barely won against a Trick Room team, and he disconnected AFTER I won. Grrrr. And it was so awesome, my Rhyperior slotted into his Trick Room and screwed him over. Boo random disconnect guy. Boo.

Edit: Fuuuu I'm dumb. I used Dark Pulse against a Kingdra instead of Dragon Pulse and it lived. Gah.

Ragequitters are the worst, especially when they do something as lowbrow as quitting after they've lost. For BW2, I think that GameFreak should implement a Street Fighter/MvC-esque system in which the game keeps track of your ragequits along with your wins/losses, and groups you with people of the same moral calibur. Alternatively, they could just count disconnects as a loss. It would cause some problems if you have a faulty or unstable connection (like me (-.-;), but it would help ensure that ragequitters call it quits for good.

Boogiepop

Haha, trolling trick room teams is amazing. I just plop in my Conkeldurr/Rhyperior and go "oh, you're setting up trick room? Thanks, looks like that just made my pokemon faster than yours."

Last guy I played had out a Jellicent and a Scrafty against my Hydreigon and Conkeldurr. I hit the Scrafty with a Mach Punch, but it had the right berry so it still had a good bit of health left. Then he used trick room. And BAM, my Conkeldurr had the top speed on the field, so it was safe to drain punch his Scrafty the rest of the way dead, pathing the path for Hydreigon to live long enough to take down Jellicent. Of course Hydreigon died too, but then I sent in Rhyperior. :)

Haha, trolling trick room teams is amazing. I just plop in my Conkeldurr/Rhyperior and go "oh, you're setting up trick room? Thanks, looks like that just made my pokemon faster than yours."

Last guy I played had out a Jellicent and a Scrafty against my Hydreigon and Conkeldurr. I hit the Scrafty with a Mach Punch, but it had the right berry so it still had a good bit of health left. Then he used trick room. And BAM, my Conkeldurr had the top speed on the field, so it was safe to drain punch his Scrafty the rest of the way dead, pathing the path for Hydreigon to live long enough to take down Jellicent. Of course Hydreigon died too, but then I sent in Rhyperior. :)

As exemplified by the original draft of my tournament team, I too tend to favour slow, burly Pokémon over fast, weak ones. It brings a smile to my face whenever the opponent uses Trick Room when I have Rampardos on the field. I can just imagine him saying, "how 'bout I sweep your s***" every time.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Watching an archived livestream of Pokemon + Nobunaga's Ambition. While there's at least an 80% chance this will come out, I'm weary since the WiiWare Mystery Dungeon games were never brought over.

But man these comments. There are people thinking this will be the new standard of Pokemon. Do some research people! Visit Serebii once in a while.

Is there actually a big chance of it coming out here? I thought that series was basically a Japanese history SRPG. I'd play the shit out of it, looks so goddamn adorable.

Boogiepop

Bah. Flamethrower actually missed. That probably just cost me the match. And I was actually doing well. :(
Edit: Yup. His damn Glaceon survived as a result and then proceeded to destroy the rest of my team.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Even though it's based off Japanese history...I don't see why it wouldn't sell well to American kids.

Just market it as "Samurai and Ninjas as Pokemon Trainers".

backlot

Even though it's based off Japanese history...I don't see why it wouldn't sell well to American kids.

Just market it as "Samurai and Ninjas as Pokemon Trainers".

I saw somewhere that it didn't even seem to being selling well to Japanese kids. I guess it was mostly college age kids buying it. I wonder if that's the audience they were expecting.

Firestorm

Bah. Flamethrower actually missed. That probably just cost me the match. And I was actually doing well. :(
Edit: Yup. His damn Glaceon survived as a result and then proceeded to destroy the rest of my team.
My last match last night had his Dragonite use Protect 3 times in a row, Muddy Water missed his Politoed which was living with just enough HP to not get killed by his sandstream and heal it with leftovers. He then proceeded to Ice Beam me which left me living with 1HP but froze me so I couldn't KO.

So I went from having 49 Wins and 2 Losses to 50 Wins and 5 Losses in the span of 4 games. I dropped from 1848 as my ranking to 1786 ;_; 3 games. Goddamn. Then the next game someone DC'd. I'll get back to it today. Last night was not my night...

OMG Aero

I just have to ask: are there any other PokéGAFfers who are going to be buying Kid Icarus: Uprising on Friday? I need someone to play multiplayer with because all of my friends and dormmates are bafomdads who spent all of their money on Mass Effect 3.
This post is from a while back but I just got Kid Icarus so if you are still looking for people to play with maybe we could some time.
My friend code is 1418-6802-8519

He's already dead anyways.

XYp9z.jpg

Much ado about nothin'.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I often miss new threads because I just keep checking my subscriptions throughout the day. :/

Yup. It's like a homepage for GAF and all the threads are just the ones you're interested in. Hard to throw yourself into the depths of the forums themselves when you can just click into threads you like.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I've been told I've been banned seven times. Not looking to make it happen again. :p

Anyways, Wisey I am most displeased with your Korra OT. I really don't think we want that kind of quality for the BW2 OT...

Wiseblade

I've been told I've been banned seven times. Not looking to make it happen again. :p

Anyways, Wisey I am most displeased with your Korra OT. I really don't think we want that kind of quality for the BW2 OT...

1) I was in a rush!

2) Am I the only fan of super simple OTs? I feel like a lot of OTs recently have been really bloated. and Image only OTs drive me up the wall. If I can't ctrl+f "release date" and get the release date, then the thread is a complete failure. No excuses.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
1) I was in a rush!

sfSM0.jpg

2) Am I the only fan of super simple OTs? I feel like a lot of OTs recently have been really bloated. and Image only OTs drive me up the wall. If I can't ctrl+f "release date" and get the release date, then the thread is a complete failure. No excuses.

I agree, but that doesn't mean it has to look bad. My SM3DL OT was fairly simple (it looks long now because of all the impressions, but take that section out and that's what it looked like when I posted it.)

For the BW2 OT we'd have to take a different approach. I personally would like to see it completely dedicated to online events. If we can make the OT easy to grasp and always up to date, we'll be able to get a lot more people to get events they'd otherwise miss.

Wiseblade

http://i.imgur.com/sfSM0.jpg[IMG]

I agree, but that doesn't mean it has to look bad. [URL="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=450639"]My SM3DL OT[/URL] was fairly simple (it looks long now because of all the impressions, but take that section out and that's what it looked like when I posted it.)

For the BW2 OT we'd have to take a different approach. I personally would like to see it completely dedicated to online events. If we can make the OT easy to grasp and always up to date, we'll be able to get a lot more people to get events they'd otherwise miss.[/QUOTE]

Completely? We still don't know whether or not BW2 takes place in a different region or of the story differs from BW in any significant way. If it does, OT space should be dedicated to that.

As for event awareness, the best way would be to create a new thread in Gaming each time there's a Wi-fi event and add a link to the OT saying that there's info on DW/other events in the OP. There are tons of people on GAF with Black/White that don't follow or aren't subscribed to t6he OT.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
By completely I meant, completely eventually. At first the OT will of course be devoted to the new stuff, but after a month, switch it over.

TBH I'd be content with how the BW OTs worked out. OT1 for Japanese release, OT2 for international, OT3 for events and online.

Firestorm

I've been banned three times but two of those mods have been de-modded and the last was a misunderstanding! Yay. One of them also got reversed in the middle.

I'm on 22 posts per day and I've only been banned once, and that was for offending Amir0x's honour, so that doesn't count.

So yeah. SUCK IT

Top Bottom