• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

MikeMyers

Yeah, interesting...

Heheheheheh...

How does he even work?

I'm assuming:

Just kill the foe with a Hyper beam

Computer asks if I want to switch out, so I switch out and let another Pokemon on my team get EXP, and don't have to deal with recharge.

^ That's what I did with Flareon in Leaf Green. His Hyper Beam was way overpowered for when he debuted (4th gym).

How does he even work?

I'm assuming:

Just kill the foe with a Hyper beam

Computer asks if I want to switch out, so I switch out and let another Pokemon on my team get EXP, and don't have to deal with recharge.

^ That's what I did with Flareon in Leaf Green. His Hyper Beam was way overpowered for when he debuted (4th gym).

Pretty much, but until Slaking it's an uphill climb.

MikeMyers

Got Salamence in Platinum and replaced Crobat with him. Damn, I wish I didn't waste my Roost TM on Crobat now.

Maybe the game considers the ghost version of curse to be an attacking move since it deals damage to the user. Or maybe the taunt wore off.

I used Taunt, and it said he can't use Curse after Taunt.

But right after that he used Curse and it worked.

So I went back to my room this Saturday, and what do I see today?

This package from Japan.
TwiggysLumia900_000103.jpg
Sure enough, the Turtwig plushie I ordered a while back arrived.

He's a pretty awesome guy!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The piplup line is pretty boss but it is still my least favorite starter in gen iv, mainly because it takes forever to get a water move better than Bubble.

Gen IV has the most consistent starter designs, mainly because there isn't a Tepig dragging the average down. None of them are my favourites, but they're uniformly cute and interesting.

So it's possible to get Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect now? I see the US Keldeo event is coming up soon...

I'd still like to trade for all three of the already released Japanese versions if anyone has a way to get a hold of them. That might be too much to ask for though. :/

Wiseblade

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/c/ca/Gyarados_Mouth_Closed.png[img]
^ The reaction of a certain PokeGAF member after noticing you said the best Gen IV starter was Turtwig and not Piplup.[/QUOTE]

I'm not even bothered anymore. I've written most of you off as lost causes.

Top Bottom