• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Muku

Ooooh, well that is just a confusing term! :p

LOL I thought it was just another term for them too. In ontext I've seen anyway. I knew they were referred to as genies as well, but that's a new one to me too.

So then weather trio and Deoxys. really was hoping it was genies to save me time. XD

Edit: damn you phone raaaaawwwrr

Bleh, another chain break. 104 search level on eevee and still no shiny....

Well, thats it for me for the day...I'll get the shiny eeveelutions eventually.

Toxi

Banned
I got my first shiny ever using the DexNav chaining method.

I usually never nickname my Pokemon, but this one is definitely special. Does anyone have any clever fox related nicknames for a vulpix? The only one I have come up with is Kitsune, Japanese for a fox spirit.
Reynard

Macka

Amaterasu is the best Ninetales name. It's just so perfect
My Arcanine is called 'Shiranui'. I thought it fit well since Arcanine is the 'legendary' Pokemon in the Pokedex, and the story of Shiranui is a legend in Okami. It works as a reference to the game, but also the literal translation of the name is 'unknown fire', which makes it even more awesome.

Anyway, here's a template if anyone wants to do this:

NLe05Ub.png

Mik317

Just picked this up and wow.

The new features are really neat. The DexNav thingy changes the way I approach catching pokemon.

also the music is great...like really really great.

Gen 3 was were I got a bit burnt out (IIRC I never defeated the elite 4...just kinda quit after getting the legendary), so this is going to be kinda new for me too.

Muku

Awwww yiiiisss. New Pokemon TCG set today. Got the extra card in it for the scrap campaign. Now I just gotta get a JPN version of the game. XD

Edit: I actually like the back of the code cards are kind of collectables themselves.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
My Arcanine is called 'Shiranui'. I thought it fit well since Arcanine is the 'legendary' Pokemon in the Pokedex, and the story of Shiranui is a legend in Okami. It works as a reference to the game, but also the literal translation of the name is 'unknown fire', which makes it even more awesome.

Anyway, here's a template if anyone wants to do this:
Show me yours and I'll show you mine.

Firestorm

Awwww yiiiisss. New Pokemon TCG set today. Got the extra card in it for the scrap campaign. Now I just gotta get a JPN version of the game. XD

Edit: I actually like the back of the code cards are kind of collectables themselves.
I didn't realize Japanese players got code cards too. Is TCGO localized for Japan?
I imagine that is shiny locked. Wouldn't be worth it anyway if it's locked to game.
Cosplay Pikachu can be placed in your Battle Box and used online :3

Muku

I didn't realize Japanese players got code cards too. Is TCGO localized for Japan?

Dunno if TCGO is localized for Japan. I play the US version in any case. Code cards are for the Scrap Campaign.
Though would kill for US codes for TCGO, will get them again soon enough I guess.
It started last month with snacky things, but started with a code per pack of the new sets today -- Gaia Volcano and Tidal Storm. Basically sign up for an account, register the codes, and can use up to 20 to get up to a Masterball at code 20. Shaymin is code #1, Keldeo is #7, Victini is #16. Only worth it up to 16 as far as I'm concerned. Can only redeem in JPN version of ORAS though, and only one of each in a game.

Any potential extras I get, I'll probably register new accounts for codes, and then trade off the codes.

Cosplay Pikachu can be placed in your Battle Box and used online :3

Well, why wouldn't it be able to battle online? It's pretty awful though. Thought whole idea would be more awesome, but moves it get are kinda meh especially if you want a specific look/move combo. Game locked I mean in terms of you can put into PokeBank and transfer to another game.

Caught my Kyogre tonight! Lucked out and got a 4th perfect IV (HP, Def, Sp. Def, Speed) along with an okay 25 in Sp. Atk, so I'm pretty happy with that. I even got it in the Premier Ball like I wanted. It was the first one I managed to catch, so it could have been a lot worse.

Now to finish up the main story!

JoeM86

Last time I argued with you about this stupid bullshit you seemed to indicate it was. I listed many ways of differing Pokemon cosmetically without affecting battles so they could retain uniqueness without being detrimental to competitive play but you were adamant that anything like that was "superficial" even though many Pokemon fans pick their favourites based purely on cosmetic reasons and cosmetic features like having a Pokemon follow you around or customizing your trainer are some of the most missed features in the game.

Nobody gives a shit if you, someone who has close to zero tournament experience, requires your Pokemon to have your ID and OT and be absolutely unique and bred to feel connected to it. I used my last team for about two full years with slight modifications. The Slowking and Gastrodon that are core to the team have been together the whole time through. I remember the battles I had with them. I remember my journey with that team. I know the heights that I achieved with that team. They definitely hold a special place in my Pokemon memories. I didn't breed them. Hell, even though I expected to, I didn't even EV them. My friend used to love RNGing and breeding and got me both. They were clones. I gave 'em a new home. I'm very grateful to her for it. That doesn't change how I feel about my Pokemon.

The ridiculousness of your comments is like those who say "YOU SHOULD ONLY PLAY WITH YOUR FAVOURITES."

Please. You're saying you'd devalue the most core parts of Pokemon according to the creators, trading, to support your idea of what Pokemon is about.

And you're just continuing to push for everything to be the damned same, which would make competitive Pokémon horrible. Like it or not, IVs are the genetics of the Pokémon and just because people like you cheated and ruined the system does not mean that the system needs to be removed and that the unique aspect of a Pokémon should be superficial

Yeah, my OT/ID idea was overzealous, but when you have to deal with cheaters, especially ones who don't see it as cheating, it is often necessary. I know it cuts out trades, but when we have people cloning so everyone in certain competitive areas have literally the exact same Cresselia, something needs to be done. Maybe something like a database in official events. When the Battle Box is scanned, it registers all the Pokémon and their specific values. If an identical one comes up, exact same OT/ID/PID/IVs, then all players with it get called up and have to remove that Pokémon. Cloning is wrong, deal with it.

I have had this argument with you many time, it has grown tiresome. You are set in your ways and even believe that the cheating you did last generation was fine, trying to justify it by the fact that because TPC can't trace it and thus ban for it, that it's clearly an "approved" activity.

At least have the integrity to admit what you do is wrong. Cloning is wrong. RNG is wrong (which is why they worked out ways to block it in B2W2 for Eggs (somewhat), and then totally in XY...just like I said they would. Who knew?)...they're just as bad as manually editing the Pokémon in save editors. Just because the IV system may not be perfect (thanks to aforementioned hacking in previous generations) in no way justifies cheating just to keep up.

You can bet that if they had a decent way of tracing clones, they'd be banned too.

I'll try to make one of those, with my own drawings. It will end up as a major clusterfuck, but at least we'll be able to laugh about it, I hope.

Pokemon Art Academy, lend me your strength.

Kinokou

Do we know more about the dexnav now? I search and search without finding any nearby Pokemon 90% of the time. It's very frustrating.

Will you find more quicker if you have a higher search level? How high must it be to get a 50/50 or consistent find rate on the first search?

Does the Pokemon encounter level affect it?

Are there abilities that can make it work better?

Does the size of the grass affect the find rate?

Those are the things I'm hypothesizing about affecting it right now. So does anyone know?

lupinko

I'll try to "scam" more people if it's that easy then, I really need Dusknoir and Rhyperior.

The other day I got a Lugia on Wonder Trade but it was obvious that it was fake. I don't believe in level 5 Lugias but at least I got an extra Master Ball.

Level 5 Lugias in Dream Balls with Multiscale are real dude, that's using Dream Radar on a fresh save with nothing in B2W2.

Source: me, because I farm Dream Radar Legendaries at this level. :p

Tho your WT Lugia could still be fake, meh.

Firestorm

And you're just continuing to push for everything to be the damned same, which would make competitive Pokémon horrible. Like it or not, IVs are the genetics of the Pokémon and just because people like you cheated and ruined the system does not mean that the system needs to be removed and that the unique aspect of a Pokémon should be superficial
I'm going to cut out the rest because that's just you making up your own rules for what constitutes cheating and not based on whatever you pull out of your ass.

How am I pushing for everything to be the "damned same"? What does that mean? I get that you have a poor understanding of the multiplayer in these games but this seems a little beyond me unless other people worked on the sections of your website that have to do with Natures and EVs? Do you know how those aspects of the game work?

Also, I guess you consider competitive Pokemon horrible? I don't think I've said anything that differs from how it's actually played so from my understanding you're saying Pokemon is a horrible multiplayer game right now?

I'm of the impression that competitive Pokemon is very fun when you get down to it. There are hundreds of thousands of people who enjoy it and that's why competitive Pokemon tournaments have seen a 100% year over year growth in both tournament attendance and online stream viewership. I guess it's a good thing the fans don't see the franchise the same way as you and Game Freak continues to improve the series' offerings for competitive players.

Dunno if TCGO is localized for Japan. I play the US version in any case. Code cards are for the Scrap Campaign.
Though would kill for US codes for TCGO, will get them again soon enough I guess.
It started last month with snacky things, but started with a code per pack of the new sets today -- Gaia Volcano and Tidal Storm. Basically sign up for an account, register the codes, and can use up to 20 to get up to a Masterball at code 20. Shaymin is code #1, Keldeo is #7, Victini is #16. Only worth it up to 16 as far as I'm concerned. Can only redeem in JPN version of ORAS though, and only one of each in a game.

Any potential extras I get, I'll probably register new accounts for codes, and then trade off the codes.

Well, why wouldn't it be able to battle online? It's pretty awful though. Thought whole idea would be more awesome, but moves it get are kinda meh especially if you want a specific look/move combo. Game locked I mean in terms of you can put into PokeBank and transfer to another game.
Ah ok! That's cool. Didn't realize they had that sorta tie-in. People do often sell TCGO codes in bulk. I think going price is about $0.30 a code? I got a lot of codes back in the day and now mostly go off whatever I get in packs I get for playing in or staffing tournaments. Finally got my deck all worked out to practice with for Cities.

A lot of people (including myself) were thinking it might not be able to be placed in your Battle Box (like a groomed Furfrou in XY) but it can. Someone might find a use for it :3

Kinokou

Also I don't know if anyone brought it up, but you can find HA Pokemon in hordes but it's rare. I had two instances while sweet scenting from 1-170.

lupinko

Did you want me to redeem your Shaymin? I can do it in my OR game before I wipe it to go shiny mega tokyo farming again.

FIWUnVQ.jpg

I had Squirtle as my water for a long time but I just don't like how that line looks in 3D.

And if you guessed Bug and Water as my favourite types then you'd be right.

Muku

Ah ok! That's cool. Didn't realize they had that sorta tie-in. People do often sell TCGO codes in bulk. I think going price is about $0.30 a code? I got a lot of codes back in the day and now mostly go off whatever I get in packs I get for playing in or staffing tournaments. Finally got my deck all worked out to practice with for Cities.

A lot of people (including myself) were thinking it might not be able to be placed in your Battle Box (like a groomed Furfrou in XY) but it can. Someone might find a use for it :3

Yeah, I've actually heard of the bulk selling of them, but I haven't done online auctions or anything of the sort in a long time. I'd really prefer if I was spending the money on them to actually get the cards to go with them though, haha! I'm a collector at heart. :)

In all honesty, tried TCGO when it debuted back when, but it was awful online and all. Didn't seriously pick it up until came out on iPad. No one I knows plays, so probably don't really need cards, but always enjoyed back in day during my league days putting new decks together. I'd spend hours doing that. So much fun. So guess ultimately I want to do that again, though not sure if you can really do much with decks since online play seems to be limited to premade decks.

Ahhhh, okay. Hadn't realized there was concern for that. Hell, didn't even know a groomed Furfrou couldn't be! :O Once I found out Cosplay Pika couldn't go into PokeBank though, decided it was going into permanent PC storage. :( Want something I can bring up, not locked to a game. ;_; Gotta find something to replace her when I finally get shiny Latias. Just been stuck on the island for a couple weeks so haven't been back to dump her off. :x

Think when I start OR, going by what I find in game. I have an idea of Pokes I want to pick up along the way for my team. :3

JoeM86

I'm going to cut out the rest because that's just you making up your own rules for what constitutes cheating and not based on whatever you pull out of your ass.

No, I'm not making up my own rules on what's cheating. I'm saying that cheating is cheating. Using exploits, external software and/or hardware etc. to get a desired result is cheating everywhere. I don't make that stuff up.

How am I pushing for everything to be the "damned same"? What does that mean? I get that you have a poor understanding of the multiplayer in these games but this seems a little beyond me unless other people worked on the sections of your website that have to do with Natures and EVs? Do you know how those aspects of the game work?

Excuse me? I do not have a poor understanding of the multiplayer in these games. How dare you say that? Just because I can't make it to every damned event does not mean I have a poor understanding. Stop being so elitist. That seems to be your "go-to" move whenever I challenge you on this. You just claim "Oh, he doesn't go to every Premier Challenge so therefore he knows nothing". I know every little thing about them. Just because I don't approve of cheating does not give you the right to attempt to condescend and insult me.

EVs and Natures are part of the whole thing. While they do help to create the individuality, they are not enough. If you had a grasp on competitive Pokémon rather than just cheating to get max IVs, then you would understand this.

I have made the comparison before. IVs are genetics. Some people are more adept at running, others genetically have greater upper body strength. This is just how IVs are for Pokémon. Just because cheating has changed the way we had to deal with them does not mean they should be removed and they would make everything the same.

If you don't want to deal with IVs, that's fine. Use Showdown. However, if you are going to competitively play with actual people, play the bloody game right.

Also, I guess you consider competitive Pokemon horrible? I don't think I've said anything that differs from how it's actually played so from my understanding you're saying Pokemon is a horrible multiplayer game right now?

Absolutely not. Please refrain from putting words in my mouth.

I'm of the impression that competitive Pokemon is very fun when you get down to it. There are hundreds of thousands of people who enjoy it and that's why competitive Pokemon tournaments have seen a 100% year over year growth in both tournament attendance and online stream viewership. I guess it's a good thing the fans don't see the franchise the same way as you and Game Freak continues to improve the series' offerings for competitive players.

I believe you mistake the vocal minority for the majority. A large portion of the viewers and competitors wouldn't cheat, most wouldn't know how. They watch it and play it because it's fun. Most people I have had dealings with agree with me. Many who do use these methods dislike that they have to in order to "keep up". It's not right.

Muku

Did you want me to redeem your Shaymin? I can do it in my OR game before I wipe it to go shiny mega tokyo farming again.

Well holy damn... I got 8 packs today. So I can technically get up to Keldeo. But if I go ahead and let you redeem one, then... when you plan on restarting it? I might take you up on that.

Firestorm

Yes, I am being condescending. I don't think very highly of you or respect your opinions on this matter because I don't think you're knowledgeable in the space yet you continue to try and discuss as if you are. It's the same issue you had in sales-age threads. While I don't think you need to go to every Premier Challenge, I think attending a tournament or two would definitely help you learn more about what you're talking about. It's hard to make the argument that IVs help create distinct Pokémon in a meaningful way more than EVs and Natures without coming off as someone who doesn't know what he's talking about.

I've bred in Pokemon Pearl and Pokemon Fire Red before and settled. Nothing made me feel unique. I couldn't even tell you the IVs I settled for. Hell, Canada's best player never bothered RNGing in 5th gen and settled. Didn't make any of his Pokemon unique either. What made his teams and Pokemon unique were the strategies he employed, the composition of his team, the ways he distributed his EVs, the attacks they had, and the results they achieved over the course of the season as the metagame shifted and the team shifted as well. That was his legacy. Not IVs.

You said the game would be horrible if everyone had the same IVs. Welcome to every Regionals top tables, Nationals top tables, and Worlds. I guess next time I'll let them know that Serebii says they're not actually having fun and that what they're playing is something horrible.

Vocal minority? You're literally the only person on this forum who defends IVs. I'm sorry if people you talk to hate having to soft reset with Synchronizers or use a Destiny Knot and Eviolite to "keep up." Most others would rather not have to do it either.

Anyway, since you have a hard time figuring out what cheating is, this is the official rulebook on cheating:

The use of external devices, such as a mobile app, to modify or create items or Pokémon in a player’s party is expressly forbidden. Players found to have Pokémon or items that have been tampered with will be disqualified from competition, regardless of whether the Pokémon or items belong to that player or were traded for. POP recommends players only use Pokémon that they have raised themselves and items that they have received through normal game play. It is always the player’s responsibility to have legal Pokémon and items during the competition.

A player’s Battle Box may be checked at any time for illegal Pokémon. Any player who fails this check may be immediately disqualified and be unable to participate in the tournament.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I support IVs, besides, gotta get dat Hidden Power/ 0 speed/ 0 attack.

Can we use Legendary Megas on the chart?

Firestorm

Yeah, I've actually heard of the bulk selling of them, but I haven't done online auctions or anything of the sort in a long time. I'd really prefer if I was spending the money on them to actually get the cards to go with them though, haha! I'm a collector at heart. :)

In all honesty, tried TCGO when it debuted back when, but it was awful online and all. Didn't seriously pick it up until came out on iPad. No one I knows plays, so probably don't really need cards, but always enjoyed back in day during my league days putting new decks together. I'd spend hours doing that. So much fun. So guess ultimately I want to do that again, though not sure if you can really do much with decks since online play seems to be limited to premade decks.

Ahhhh, okay. Hadn't realized there was concern for that. Hell, didn't even know a groomed Furfrou couldn't be! :O Once I found out Cosplay Pika couldn't go into PokeBank though, decided it was going into permanent PC storage. :( Want something I can bring up, not locked to a game. ;_; Gotta find something to replace her when I finally get shiny Latias. Just been stuck on the island for a couple weeks so haven't been back to dump her off. :x

Think when I start OR, going by what I find in game. I have an idea of Pokes I want to pick up along the way for my team. :3
I'm just happy that at some point someone crazy might be able to use a cosplay Pikachu at a major event on stream or something.

Honestly TCGO is really terribly designed for getting cards :( I'd easily pay a monthly fee to have access to everything and even pay money for individual cards, but the only way to get cards is packs. They have an in-game currency you can buy called Gems that they've been beta testing in Canada for the past year or so, but the conversion is awful. For the price of one pack, I could buy a real life pack which comes with a code card for a free pack -_- No singles available for purchase either. So I just have to trade a bunch of packs for cards or keep opening packs and hope I get what I want / find stuff for trade. However the trade interface kinda sucks too =/

I think Pokemon is the only online TCG that does let you trade though so that's pretty cool. They understand the appeal of the franchise to traders at least! It's still a fun way to pass time and one of my primary reasons for wanting an iPad.

You can definitely build your own decks for online play. Maybe not in the right screen? The interface is sort of confusing -- especially since the redesign. I'm not a huge fan of the company TPCi seems to have outsourced this project to... I get the challenges of programming something that is supposed to be played on paper and updates every 3 months but ugh it has been so long and it's still so buggy!

If you ever feel like purchasing packs check out:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/VCptcgo/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/VCpokemart/

JoeM86

Yes, I am being condescending. I don't think very highly of you or respect your opinions on this matter because I don't think you're knowledgeable in the space yet you continue to try and discuss as if you are. It's the same issue you had in sales-age threads. While I don't think you need to go to every Premier Challenge, I think attending a tournament or two would definitely help you learn more about what you're talking about. It's hard to make the argument that IVs help create distinct Pokémon in a meaningful way more than EVs and Natures without coming off as someone who doesn't know what he's talking about.

I know EXACTLY what I am talking about. Again, just because my view differs from yours does not mean I am wrong. Do you realise how arrogant you are coming off here? And that's coming from me.
Stop being so elitist. I can know these things without attending a plethora of competitions. I still battle lots of people. I still know exactly what's what.

I've bred in Pokemon Pearl and Pokemon Fire Red before and settled. Nothing made me feel unique. I couldn't even tell you the IVs I settled for. Hell, Canada's best player never bothered RNGing in 5th gen and settled. Didn't make any of his Pokemon unique either. What made his teams and Pokemon unique were the strategies he employed, the composition of his team, the ways he distributed his EVs, the attacks they had, and the results they achieved over the course of the season as the metagame shifted and the team shifted as well. That was his legacy. Not IVs.

Strategies are only a part of it. Strategies should adapt to the genetics of the Pokémon, and that's something that player did. You've essentially proved my point.

You said the game would be horrible if everyone had the same IVs. Welcome to every Regionals top tables, Nationals top tables, and Worlds. I guess next time I'll let them know that Serebii says they're not actually having fun and that what they're playing is something horrible.

Again, you're putting words in my mouth. Please stop it.

Vocal minority? You're literally the only person on this forum who defends IVs. I'm sorry if people you talk to hate having to soft reset with Synchronizers or use a Destiny Knot and Eviolite to "keep up." Most others would rather not have to do it either.

I NEVER said that. I said people felt they had to clone, RNG abuse etc. to keep up, not to use those. How did you even come to the conclusion that I said that?

Anyway, since you have a hard time figuring out what cheating is, this is the official rulebook on cheating:

No, that's what's listed as being enforceable. Cheating is still cheating even if they can't enforce it.

KtSlime

Wait. So all the DyDo drinks with Pokemon labels might have scrap codes? Shit if so I'm gonna grab myself an apple soda.

MicH

Wait, a groomed Furfrou can't be put in the Battle Box? That's odd, any idea why?

Anyway, finally got two Outstanding 31/x/31/x/31/31 HP Grass Numel in the daycare. Time to make that Shiny HP Grass Numel!

EDIT
Furfrou reverts to its standard trim when placed in a box.
Really? That's disappointing. That makes the whole grooming feature useless for me - and I even have a shiny Furfrou

Firestorm

I know EXACTLY what I am talking about. Again, just because my view differs from yours does not mean I am wrong. Do you realise how arrogant you are coming off here? And that's coming from me.
Stop being so elitist. I can know these things without attending a plethora of competitions. I still battle lots of people. I still know exactly what's what.

Strategies are only a part of it. Strategies should adapt to the genetics of the Pokémon, and that's something that player did. You've essentially proved my point.

Again, you're putting words in my mouth. Please stop it.

I NEVER said that. I said people felt they had to clone, RNG abuse etc. to keep up, not to use those. How did you even come to the conclusion that I said that?

No, that's what's listed as being enforceable. Cheating is still cheating even if they can't enforce it.
You're disputing facts, not views. Views is you thinking sneezing while playing is cheating. The effect of IVs in relation to the other factors at play is not a "view."

His strategies didn't adapt to the genetics of his Pokemon. His strategies were the same regardless of his IVs.

I have no idea what you mean by "horrible" for the state of competitive play when people have max IVs then. You just made up gibberish?

Who needs to clone to keep up? Who needs to RNG to keep up? None of my Pokemon in XY were clones nor were they RNG'd. What people are you talking to who are that misguided? They seem to be as out of touch as you.

That's what's listed as cheating. What's enforceable is actually less.

JoeM86

You're disputing facts, not views. Views is you thinking sneezing while playing is cheating. The effect of IVs in relation to the other factors at play is not a "view."

His strategies didn't adapt to the genetics of his Pokemon. His strategies were the same regardless of his IVs.

I have no idea what you mean by "horrible" for the state of competitive play when people have max IVs then. You just made up gibberish?

Who needs to clone to keep up? Who needs to RNG to keep up? None of my Pokemon in XY were clones nor were they RNG'd. What people are you talking to who are that misguided? They seem to be as out of touch as you.

That's what's listed as cheating. What's enforceable is actually less.

Yes, but IVs only became this much of an issue due to cheating. That's the point I have been trying to make.

No, I didn't make up gibberish. Again, you're not reading what I have actually been saying. It really seems like what I've said is an affront to you and you're actually not reading my points, but seeing me as attacking.

Also, basically what you said was that cloning was good, because of people being able to get viable Cresselia easily. That's people cloning to keep up. Lots of people used RNG, PokeGen etc. last gen to keep up. Yes, you didn't RNG abuse in XY, because that's not possible...but you did last gen and we had a loud conversation about how you were insisting that it was legit and would never be blocked.
Also like how careful you were in your wording, saying none of your Pokémon in XY are clones when earlier you were talking about cloning of Cresselia. Did you get one? Also, people do still feel like they need to keep up. Seen lots of people get power saves etc. just so they can "keep up". It's unacceptable, and yet people get away with it because it's hard to trace.

You seem to be of the belief that it's only wrong if they can enforce it. This is not the case. They may not be able to enforce things, but that doesn't stop it being cheating. Accept that you do and have done things that are classed as cheating by the dictionary definition and move on.

Kinokou

A very prolific VGC player got caught out using an Aegislash in a Dream Ball during US Nationals. Aegislash cannot be in a Dream Ball.

Many checked with TPCi and it got confirmed that breeding a Pokémon from a hacked Pokémon means that officially the offspring is not legit.

Ok, I havne't heard about this so good to know.

You're welcome :D I'm already back to breeding in this game :lol Already bred Bagons, Swablus and are currently breeding Jolly Ralts. Next up will be those delicious Adaptability Skrelp and then, if I feel like wasting a whole lot of time, I'm gonna try for a shiny HP Grass Numel :eek:

Aw man, I feel kinda bad. In that timeframe I've gotten two legendary shinies and a Masuda

Can you hook me up with a female adaptability Skrelp? IV's and so one have no importance.

The ridiculousness of your comments is like those who say "YOU SHOULD ONLY PLAY WITH YOUR FAVOURITES."

Please. You're saying you'd devalue the most core parts of Pokemon according to the creators, trading, to support your idea of what Pokemon is about.

Oh, I hate it so much when people are trying to dictate what Pokemon it's ok to like and not there are a ton of Pokemon I would not like at all if I had not played them competitively, like Miltank becoming my favorite normal type.

I think competitive really has value as it broadens your horizon since you can only play the adventure once unless you bother to transfer everything out and reset.

Also when it comes to trading, I think Vivillion is the smartest move made in that department and I hope they work on with that and giving more of the future generation Pokemon aesthetic differences based on real world locations.

At least have the integrity to admit what you do is wrong. Cloning is wrong. RNG is wrong (which is why they worked out ways to block it in B2W2 for Eggs (somewhat), and then totally in XY...just like I said they would. Who knew?)...they're just as bad as manually editing the Pokémon in save editors. Just because the IV system may not be perfect (thanks to aforementioned hacking in previous generations) in no way justifies cheating just to keep up.

You can bet that if they had a decent way of tracing clones, they'd be banned too.

I can't believe you are cloning and RNG in the same category as jail breaking the save file. One of them are clearly not something that is possible to within the "vanilla" game, while the other two are and cloning is possible to even without doing any of game procedures.

At best I will give you that they are a gray area, but it's not outright cheating in the same way as using save editors.

Yeah that's a standard horde mechanic. HAs were available in hordes in XY as well.

I'm so out of the loop now days. Thanks for informing me.

No, I'm not making up my own rules on what's cheating. I'm saying that cheating is cheating. Using exploits, external software and/or hardware etc. to get a desired result is cheating everywhere. I don't make that stuff up.

Joe, why does your site then have (external) tools and instructions I can use to get my desired results if you are so against it?

Examples: base stats, IV calculator, EV yields and in depth information about how to exploit and control them.

Isn't that information obtained by breaking the games open? If you are going to stand by what you are saying then everyone who EV trains outside of super training are cheaters?

Also notice that I'm holding up the "the decent of a cheat is still a cheat" paradigm from the dream ball case since both of them are the offspring of tampering with the game.

Muku

I'm just happy that at some point someone crazy might be able to use a cosplay Pikachu at a major event on stream or something.

Honestly TCGO is really terribly designed for getting cards :( I'd easily pay a monthly fee to have access to everything and even pay money for individual cards, but the only way to get cards is packs. They have an in-game currency you can buy called Gems that they've been beta testing in Canada for the past year or so, but the conversion is awful. For the price of one pack, I could buy a real life pack which comes with a code card for a free pack -_- No singles available for purchase either. So I just have to trade a bunch of packs for cards or keep opening packs and hope I get what I want / find stuff for trade. However the trade interface kinda sucks too =/

I think Pokemon is the only online TCG that does let you trade though so that's pretty cool. They understand the appeal of the franchise to traders at least! It's still a fun way to pass time and one of my primary reasons for wanting an iPad.

You can definitely build your own decks for online play. Maybe not in the right screen? The interface is sort of confusing -- especially since the redesign. I'm not a huge fan of the company TPCi seems to have outsourced this project to... I get the challenges of programming something that is supposed to be played on paper and updates every 3 months but ugh it has been so long and it's still so buggy!

If you ever feel like purchasing packs check out:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/VCptcgo/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/VCpokemart/

TCGO is pretty horribly designed. It's like flash crap on my iPad. So ugly, loads like ass, craps out on me a lot, and indeed can be confusing as hell. Like the gems, which you just cleared up for me, LOL. I'd rather just get physical stuff if paying same price.

Thing with TCGO trading is packs and all you buy with the in-game currency you earn, says you can't trade any of those. Which is okay with me ultimately, because I'm trying to build up my digital collection. But I don't get why even then I can't trade them. I put time into building up my in-game currency since I long maxed out the offline stupid NPC stuff to get coins.

Did they swap over who handles it? Because it's pretty awful. I figure you can make decks and battle friends, but from what I gathered you could only use decks with random strangers online. If not... I might have to look into it further. I've been not putting a deck together because I want to do one based around my fav Eeveelution. But haven't gotten lucky out of the two packs he can come out of. ><

Would have been great before yen dropped through floor, LOL. :( Actually a while back would have been good, but actually in process of packing to move. So soon it won't be a hassle to get But thank you for the links. :)

With the type chart, we putting our favs in each type category? Is it by using to battle or visuals or just our overall favorite?

Edit: As far as I know, there are no drinks in scrap campaign? Dunno though have been waiting on the TCG stuff. :) Dunno if they state at their site but: http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/pokescrap2014/

MicH

Can you hook me up with a female adaptability Skrelp? IV's and so one have no importance.
You sure can! I just finished breeding them so I have a few extras. All are female with Adaptability and in luxury balls. They also have Toxic Spikes because the one I caught happened to have it :lol

Anyway, give me a minute to add you. My FC is in my profile as well. Trainer name is MicH

Kinokou

You sure can! I just finished breeding them so I have a few extras. All are female with Adaptability and in luxury balls. They also have Toxic Spikes because the one I caught happened to have it :lol

Anyway, give me a minute to add you. My FC is in my profile as well. Trainer name is MicH

Want a EV deleting soup berry? I'm not sure what I have on my Y anymore other than that.

Top Bottom