• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

9KRjZdf.png

Any list without Haxorus is wrong.

This is what I do when I'm bored.

ibslWFMxwFGr38.png

I can agree with this list.

Mainly cause mine is similar lol.

Lilligant, Litwick(Well I went up to Chandelure), Milotic, Vivillon is my number 2, Talonflame would be my number 2 fire, Gardevoir would be my number 2 fairy, Roserade, Froslass, Mega Diancie. Mew would be my number 3 legendary behind Meloetta

ZeroX03

Banned
Just transferred all my stuff over from Pokemon Bank after hours of transferring from as far away as Emerald. The National Pokedex having all the Pokemon sprites at the top looks so nice.

Massimus

Neo Member
Hello PokéGAF, looong time lurker here,

I don't know if this is the right thread but, can anyone help me trade-evolve my hunter?

I don't have much to offer in return, since Red has been the only pokémon game i've played until oras, but ask away, if i have a spare or i can breed it, i'll make it happen.

My FC: 1220-8706-9505

In-game name: Massimus

Crayolan

Just beat the E4 Round 2, they were suprisingly tough, especially Steven (again). E4 continues to be the best part about this game.

And since I just connected to the global link too, I got my team art from the first time around:
L4VKX8T.png

Vileplume looks pretty messed up though.

Anyway, here's a template if anyone wants to do this:

flS2rnO.png

That was fun. Shout outs to Primeape, Zoroark and Gliscor who just barely missed the cut.

Boogiepop

Not to dredge it back up, but for what it's worth I'd probably consider RNG and to a lesser degree "cheating," but they don't really bug me that much. I wouldn't personally mess with them much myself, but if the game pushes me hard enough, like when I needed a version exclusive Mega Stone or two in Y, I don't mind getting something cloned since it's not a huge deal. And I do definitely like to make my Pokemon myself via breeding a decent chunk of the time, since it does make me feel a bit more connected to them for whatever it's worth, so I kind of see where Joe is coming from.

Ultimately though, my biggest problem has always been the question: how handicapped am I by playing it straight? And fortunately, as of Gen VI and the changes to breeding, the answer is not that much. There are still a few things that I'd really, really like to see tuned up to be less frustrating (even with the changes, I kind of doubt I'm going to bother much with legendaries myself, since they still seem like such a pain to even get one "good enough" to compete), though. (Also, Hidden Power is super lame. Has its necessity in so many movesets at least gone down some with the nerf from Gen VI? I haven't kept up?)

Oh, and this reminds me: what significant Move Tutors are still stuck pre-gen VI now?

(Also, TCG Online is frustrating right now primarily because the card game is so messed up in general right now, as you're more or less expected to be able to have a ton of specific EXs to run damn near any halfway competitive deck, which is insane. Never mind the way that they've more or less driven the evolution mechanic out of the game, barring a handful of ones that've held on here or there.)

Regardling TCGO, I have 2 decks that I run regularly. One I run with a Mew EX and Mewtwo EX, the other with the same two plus a Lucario EX. Although I have bought real cards and used codes, those EX's specifically were gotten before I bought the cards and were acquired through regular in-game means.

Both decks have about a 60% win rate, which really isn't bad given whats out there. My psychic deck shuts down a huge majority of other people's decks due to having two Sigilyphs that are immune the EX attacks. Seen many people forfeit the game just seeing one of them on the field. I've even run a joke electric deck with no EX's and just using jolteons to shut down EX's and still had wins.

Getting 5* on each trainer nets a booster, there are a ton of trainer matches in the game. You can run off with something like 40 boosters before you even have to pay for one. Those 40 boosters should help anyone get into a decent deck.

Unlimited, Extended and Standard requires a decent collection. My collection is only at 25% and I can win games. If you play theme deck then it's anyones ball game.

Boogiepop

Regardling TCGO, I have 2 decks that I run regularly. One I run with a Mew EX and Mewtwo EX, the other with the same two plus a Lucario EX. Although I have bought real cards and used codes, those EX's specifically were gotten before I bought the cards and were acquired through regular in-game means.

Both decks have about a 60% win rate, which really isn't bad given whats out there. My psychic deck shuts down a huge majority of other people's decks due to having two Sigilyphs that are immune the EX attacks. Seen many people forfeit the game just seeing one of them on the field. I've even run a joke electric deck with no EX's and just using jolteons to shut down EX's and still had wins.

Getting 5* on each trainer nets a booster, there are a ton of trainer matches in the game. You can run off with something like 40 boosters before you even have to pay for one. Those 40 boosters should help anyone get into a decent deck.

Unlimited, Extended and Standard requires a decent collection. My collection is only at 25% and I can win games. If you play theme deck then it's anyones ball game.
I'll admit that maybe I haven't played enough with what I do have do to getting shut down hard when I tried to break free into normal play with custom decks. Maybe it's about time to try again now that I have a bit more to use, I don't know. And yeah, it definitely does have enough stuff to get a decent number of boosters. I actually do have a halfway sizable collection thanks to just playing a ton of theme deck stuff. It really is an unnecessary dick move that they lock trading on stuff that you acquire in game though. Makes things way harder than they should be while also leaving you with useless cards and whatnot. Oh, and I hope they get offer full pack/equivalent options for all future expansions, since I really don't like those half-packs.

Mostly though they need to actually get the tournament system up and running. They probably gave away too much the few times they beta'd it (which was awesome!), but it's super frustrating to accumulate a ton of tickets that just sit there doing nothing.

I'll admit that maybe I haven't played enough with what I do have do to getting shut down hard when I tried to break free into normal play with custom decks. Maybe it's about time to try again now that I have a bit more to use, I don't know. And yeah, it definitely does have enough stuff to get a decent number of boosters. I actually do have a halfway sizable collection thanks to just playing a ton of theme deck stuff. It really is an unnecessary dick move that they lock trading on stuff that you acquire in game though. Makes things way harder than they should be while also leaving you with useless cards and whatnot. Oh, and I hope they get offer full pack/equivalent options for all future expansions, since I really don't like those half-packs.

Mostly though they need to actually get the tournament system up and running. They probably gave away too much the few times they beta'd it (which was awesome!), but it's super frustrating to accumulate a ton of tickets that just sit there doing nothing.

Right now for 570 coins you can get 3 full boosters that are tradable. And I fully agreed with the tourneys. I'm sitting at over 100+ tickets and they're just gathering dust.

But yeah, any card game, you need to consider whats out there, what you got, and how you can battle it. My psychic deck literally hard counters most EX heavy decks (minus VirGen decks, those are brutal) and pyroar decks. My fighting deck can crush through most anything and if I get good draws I can get my Lucario EX to one shot anything on the field including EX's. (3 fighting energies, machamp boost, fighting band, thats 200 damage a go)

Boogiepop

Right now for 570 coins you can get 3 full boosters that are tradable. And I fully agreed with the tourneys. I'm sitting at over 100+ tickets and they're just gathering dust.

But yeah, any card game, you need to consider whats out there, what you got, and how you can battle it. My psychic deck literally hard counters most EX heavy decks (minus VirGen decks, those are brutal) and pyroar decks. My fighting deck can crush through most anything and if I get good draws I can get my Lucario EX to one shot anything on the field including EX's. (3 fighting energies, machamp boost, fighting band, thats 200 damage a go)

Yeah, bad phrasing on my part I guess. I meant more I hope they keep putting out things like that in the future so that I don't have to deal with the half packs for sets. Though I didn't know those could be traded, so that's nice to know at least!

And yeah, I'll give my collection another good look when I get a chance. I actually do have some good cards, just everything worthwhile I pretty much only have 1 of and it feels like it's hard to mesh things together into a solid, consistent deck. (Also, I have a Mega Lucario... but no regular EX :() Oh well, like I said I'll give it another try and maybe this time around I can make something not terrible!

Summary of SRing for a legendary:

-If you're SRing for a special attacker, you will get excellent spreads for a physical attacker
-If you're SRing for a physical attacker, you will get excellent spreads for a special attacker
-If you're SRing for a specific HP then the game will troll you in every way it can
-If you're SRing for a shiny and go by Macka then the game will just piss on you, yo

I think that about sums it up.

ffdgh

I've had it with this electric cat refusing to shine...I need a bit of mario kart to ease my nerves.
Or fry them completely

DaBoss

Hello PokéGAF, looong time lurker here,

I don't know if this is the right thread but, can anyone help me trade-evolve my hunter?

I don't have much to offer in return, since Red has been the only pokémon game i've played until oras, but ask away, if i have a spare or i can breed it, i'll make it happen.

My FC: 1220-8706-9505

In-game name: Massimus
Yea, this is the right place.

I should be able to in an hour or so. I'll PM you.

Goddamnit

The same damn Umbreon killed me twice now in the Battle Maison.

@Leftovers with Moonlight, Confuse Ray, Curse, Payback.

My team isn't built to deal with it, it stalls out Salamence and Ferrothorne, and Starmie gets rekt by payback.

I have serious issues with Dark Pokemon.

Goddamnit

The same damn Umbreon killed me twice now in the Battle Maison.

@Leftovers with Moonlight, Confuse Ray, Curse, Payback.

My team isn't built to deal with it, it stalls out Salamence and Ferrothorne, and Starmie gets rekt by payback.

I have serious issues with Dark Pokemon.

No bug or fighting moves on your pokes?

Qurupeke

After a break I continue with the games. On Hoenn breeding mood, so I'll start with some essentials like Sharpedo, Salamence, Altaria and Manectric.

No bug or fighting moves on your pokes?

This is my team right now:
Salamence @ Salamencite
Naive, forgot EV build(not random though)
- Dragon Dance
- EQ
- Return
- Fire Blast

Starmie @ Life Orb
Timid, probably 252,252 in sp.atk and Speed
- Psyshock
- Surf
- T-Bolt
- Ice Beam

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Sassy, forgot EVs
- Curse
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Explosion

I could replace T-Bolt for Signal Beam to deal with Dark types with Starmie, but I still can't switch in on them. Pin Missile on Ferro is meh. Mence's build seems optimal to me though. Also thinking of replacing Explosion on Ferrothorn since it almost never pays off(or I can't even get it off).

I wish they could put a 6 pokemon singles mode in the Resort/Maison, I wanted to test bigger teams synergy without getting bodied in the online.

Sassy, forgot EVs
- Curse
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Explosion.

Mine is similar, but I have Stealth Rock instead of Explosion, and I think Leech Seed instead of Gyro Ball, but this one I might have replaced. My first build was going to be Stealth Rocks+Spikes, but I couldn't find a Cacturne in X/Y, even in the Friend Safari IIRC, nobody that I had in my list had it.

I wish they could put a 6 pokemon singles mode in the Resort/Maison, I wanted to test bigger teams synergy without getting bodied in the online.
6 Pokemon teams would be hard to make though, with 3 they can just stick random pokemon in, 6 actually need synergy to work. Also the AI never switches so I don't think it woul be a good test either way.
Mine is similar, but I have Stealth Rock instead of Explosion, and I think Leech Seed instead of Gyro Ball, but this one I might have replaced. My first build was going to be Stealth Rocks+Spikes, but I couldn't find a Cacturne in X/Y, even in the Friend Safari IIRC, nobody that I had in my list had it.
I would have SR over Explosion/Curse if it was 6 on 6, but it's kind of irrelevant in 3v3 vs the never switching AI.

Maybe I should have Leftovers on it though, I need it to tank more hits instead of killing shit, Salamence/Starmie already do that just fine.

6 Pokemon teams would be hard to make though, with 3 they can just stick random pokemon in, 6 actually need synergy to work. Also the AI never switches so I don't think it woul be a good test either way.

I would have SR over Explosion/Curse if it was 6 on 6, but it's kind of irrelevant in 3v3 vs the never switching AI.

Maybe I should have Leftovers on it though, I need it to tank more hits instead of killing shit, Salamence/Starmie already do that just fine.

Yeah, I understand that 6 might be too much. And I was planning on using this Ferrothorn online, so that's why I put SR in there. In the end I almost never battled anyone, but I kept the moves anyway.

ffdgh

This is my team right now:
Salamence @ Salamencite
Naive, forgot EV build(not random though)
- Dragon Dance
- EQ
- Return
- Fire Blast

Starmie @ Life Orb
Timid, probably 252,252 in sp.atk and Speed
- Psyshock
- Surf
- T-Bolt
- Ice Beam

Sassy, forgot EVs
- Curse
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Explosion

I could replace T-Bolt for Signal Beam to deal with Dark types with Starmie, but I still can't switch in on them. Pin Missile on Ferro is meh. Mence's build seems optimal to me though. Also thinking of replacing Explosion on Ferrothorn since it almost never pays off(or I can't even get it off).

Hmmm...mind changing surf to scald? 30% burn saved me quite a bit when using greninja. :D

Hmmm...mind changing surf to scald? 30% burn saved me quite a bit when using greninja. :D

Haha I was actually thinking of changing Surf to Hydro Pump for more damage but I know Battle Maison luck will make me miss it when I need it to hit. I don't think I can get away with Scald's power.

ffdgh

I think the extra power is probably better with Starmie.
probably tho starmie isn't that much weaker than the frog lol.

Haha I was actually thinking of changing Surf to Hydro Pump for more damage but I know Battle Maison luck will make me miss it when I need it to hit. I don't think I can get away with Scald's power.

I stay away from any attacks that are below 90 accuracy...well make that 100. A clutch miss would shatter me. :p

I stay away from any attacks that are below 90 accuracy...well make that 100. A clutch miss would shatter me. :p

Tell me about it, I'm terrified of using my HJK Blaziken in it, one miss and it's possibly over. I've actually hit every critical Fire Blast and Power Whip up until now though, probably jynxed it just now.

Trakan

If I remember correctly Pokemon Platinum had a 2v2 coop battle mode over wifi where you could take on the battle frontier (I forget what it's called in Platinum) and earn BP.

There's nothing like that in this game is there? I wish they'd put that back in.

Top Bottom