• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Going for a Bold Cressellia got 31/21/28/31/27/31 . Pretty solid but the Attack is high (the only thing Attack does is cause more damage to self when confused or if used with a beat up pokemon) and the Defence / Sp Def are lower than I'd like but the IV set is really solid overall. Should I keep it?

I would probably keep it, but I have low tolerance for reseting.

I would probably keep it, but I have low tolerance for reseting.

I dunno how people do it for perfect IVs either. It takes me ~50 turns on average to catach Cressilia (Quick Ball, Weaken, Ultra Ball x 7, Timer Ball until caught) or if Night (Quick Ball, Weaken, Dusk Ball x11 , Timer Ball until caught) which is the most efficient way possible (apart from trading and using a Repeat Ball x 9 in the place of Ultra Ball).

I dunno how people do it for perfect IVs either. It takes me ~50 turns on average to catach Cressilia (Quick Ball, Weaken, Ultra Ball x 7, Timer Ball until caught) or if Night (Quick Ball, Weaken, Dusk Ball x11 , Timer Ball until caught) which is the most efficient way possible (apart from trading and using a Repeat Ball x 9 in the place of Ultra Ball).

Better than me trying to catch Suicune with a dive ball LOL

A lot of us just use Master Balls.

KtSlime

I need some advice, I just spent 22 pokeballs, 32 super, 25 hyper, 11 quick, 4 gorgeous (luxury) and some miscellaneous other balls catching a Mespirit, should I reset, or is that a small price to pay (I haven't caught any legendaries outside of kanto 3 before) and I should be happy with what I got?

Edit: Masterballs? How do people have more than one masterball?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I need some advice, I just spent 22 pokeballs, 32 super, 25 hyper, 11 quick, 4 gorgeous (luxury) and some miscellaneous other balls catching a Mespirit, should I reset, or is that a small price to pay (I haven't caught any legendaries outside of kanto 3 before) and I should be happy with what I got?

Nah, money is easy to come by; if you're not aiming for particular stats, just take it. You should use an O-Power before attempting to catch Legends though.

Level 100 Technician, perfect IV, EV trained Adamant Breloom with Spore and False Swipe plus Level 3 Catching Power = Legendaries caught in Premier Balls if I wanted to spend more than 10 turns.

Oh, and you obviously keep that Cress.

one_kill

Just leave it. Money is easy to get in this game.

Should you be happy with what you got? Well, that's up to you. Some people want good IVs in the right stats, others want a shiny.

And you can get more Master Balls through Secret Pals.

I like how you don`t have to trade for any of the Mega Stones like in XY. Unlocking Garchompite and Lucarionite is going to be annoying, though.
I traded mine because I wanted them asap lol

KtSlime

Nah, money is easy to come by; if you're not aiming for particular stats, just take it. You should use an O-Power before attempting to catch Legends though.

I really have no idea what an O-Power is. Is that something new to gen 4/5/6?

How do I use it?

Thanks for the advise, yeah, I'm not aiming for any particular stats, I don't battle online, so it should be fine.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I really have no idea what an O-Power is. Is that something new to gen 4/5/6?

How do I use it?

Thanks for the advise, yeah, I'm not aiming for any particular stats, I don't battle online, so it should be fine.
Head to the Mauville Pokemon Center and talk to the dude staring at the map; exit and re-enter until there are no more people. To access your o-powers, head to the PSS and go through the menus to use it. Keep using the O-powers to level them up.

KtSlime

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I love wonder trade haha

Only just unlocked it, loved it in X/Y too

Should I leave my friend code here? So people can add me?

Also, how do I use exp share?

EDIT:

Wait, I need an Eon Ticket to access southern island after elite four? Can't get there any other way?

Going for a Bold Cressellia got 31/21/28/31/27/31 . Pretty solid but the Attack is high (the only thing Attack does is cause more damage to self when confused or if used with a beat up pokemon) and the Defence / Sp Def are lower than I'd like but the IV set is really solid overall. Should I keep it?
Foul play is the one that uses your attack stat. Beat up is number of hits based on party...its competitive usage tends to be gimmick of targeting a Justified team mate to boost their attack sky high.

Depends on how long it took you. In my case I'd keep it but that is because I am rushing to get this over with (I want to start over before the shiny Beldum promo ends and having an imperfect set of legendaries allows me to try them and see if there are any I like).

The consequence of keeping it is you might open yourself up to more KO possibilities. The theory is Pokemon is a game of chance so you want perfect stats to minimise chances (those IVs might make a 1/16 chance a 1/6, say) but the odds of 1/4000 for the 5 IVs and correct nature mean it isn't practical or fun. I'm such a bad player/team builder that my matches don't really come down to those things.

Haven't done Lucarionite yet, I want to have a full berry collection first since its a large part of the battle.
The best thing about having such a collection is trading it over to XY and reading the descriptions (it is the same as the BW one so mentions Unova, I mean the games still have Gen III key items in the data but would it really have hurt just to change it to Kalos for the berries just in case they came back).

Would if I could.
Pokemon global link the berry game has master ball rewards (people are getting it with <10,000 miles spent) or secret base buddies can also find them (you can save here to really depress yourself). Not to mention the lottery.

Does anyone here breed Elegant Vivillons?

Or Meadow, Polar, Tundra, Garden, Icy Snow, Marine...

I breed Garden and I have spare Tundra and Meadow, all 5 IV flawless I believe.

EDIT: Oh yeah, did I ask you for a HP Ice Jolteon-build Eevee once? XD

Last call for Shaymin giveaway

This is one of the Shaymins you can win (once again, thanks to Muku for redeeming these):

00234.png

(The really awesome Timid one. Hmm... might have to do a raffle to see which community gets which Shaymins )

Muku

You're welcome, Aveyn. :) Kind of cool to see a screenshot of it in it's full glory. Kind of wish I could take screenshots like that. Much better than the crappy pictures I have to take. Haha.

Nope, you need that Eon ticket.

Haven't gotten to Tundra yet, but plan on doing it in my JPN AS when I start it. I do however have an Icy Snow if you need it. Was one I was test breeding to make sure I had Icy Snow on my US AS. So it's for show rather than competition. But you're welcome to it.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

Nope, you need that Eon ticket.

So how do I get it? I'm from the UK and barely anyone uses street pass up here (Northumberland)

super excited for the results of this giveaway - what are the current odds at?

PM me your FC and add mine from my profile

we'll bro out

Will do mate :)

Macka

Oh yeah, did I ask you for a HP Ice Jolteon-build Eevee once? XD
Ah yeah, you're that guy. Sorry I never came through on that. HP ice is such a pain to get that I kept putting it off, and then I got busy irl and completely forgot about it. :/

So how do I get it? I'm from the UK and barely anyone uses street pass up here (Northumberland)
You could try reddit's r/eonticket. Might get lucky that somebody is reasonably close and willing to meet up. Otherwise, I've heard there's ways to set up your router so it acts like a fake Nintendo spotpass thing. Here, this explains it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgi30LpbRa0

Haven't gotten to Tundra yet, but plan on doing it in my JPN AS when I start it. I do however have an Icy Snow if you need it. Was one I was test breeding to make sure I had Icy Snow on my US AS. So it's for show rather than competition. But you're welcome to it.
I'm actually after 5IV (-Atk) Scatterbugs inside their ball (so that I can hatch it under my OT). :/

Ah yeah, you're that guy. Sorry I never came through on that. HP ice is such a pain to get that I kept putting it off, and then I got busy irl and completely forgot about it. :/

That's fine : P

When I have time, I should try RNGing a HP Ice Ditto. Kind of annoyed because I can't find the encounter tables for White, so I don't know which slot Ditto is in.

Before that though... I'm working on a female HP Fire HA Eevee. Why do I punish myself? >__<

Did you want any old Vivillons or competitive ones? I may have Meadow/Tundra breeding rejects (although I'll need to evolve them to be sure, since they could just be ball parents).

EDIT: Okay, I can only help with the Garden since the others are already hatched. I think I have some competitive eggs already for a previous request.

Macka

Before that though... I'm working on a female HP Fire HA Eevee. Why do I punish myself? >__<

EDIT: Okay, I can only help with the Garden since the others are already hatched. I think I have some competitive eggs already for a previous request.
I have a male HP Fire Eevee if you need a parent? 31/even/31/30/31/30

I'd love the Garden! Although what ball is it in?

Edit: I actually have a Timid Anticipation dream ball female Eevee with the necessary egg moves, but it has 31/even/31/29/31/30. Could be useful as a parent if you aren't very far along yet?

ffdgh

I breed Garden and I have spare Tundra and Meadow, all 5 IV flawless I believe.

EDIT: Oh yeah, did I ask you for a HP Ice Jolteon-build Eevee once? XD

Last call for Shaymin giveaway

This is one of the Shaymins you can win (once again, thanks to Muku for redeeming these):

http://serenesforest.net/img/pkmn/00234.png[img]

(The really awesome Timid one. Hmm... might have to do a raffle to see which community gets which Shaymins )[/QUOTE]

Time to try my luck!...at the very last second lol.

I have a male HP Fire Eevee if you need a parent? 31/even/31/30/31/30

I'd love the Garden! Although what ball is it in?

Edit: I actually have a Timid Anticipation dream ball female Eevee with the necessary egg moves, but it has 31/even/31/29/31/30. Could be useful as a parent if you aren't very far along yet?

Nest Ball : )

I'll be heading out to town soon, so I'll probably have to catch you tomorrow/later.

I have a HP Fire male Eevee already, fortunately, and I'm just on the last legs now. I think I may have got a HP Fire female once during this run, but its Sp. Attack IV was too low : /

But if you don't mind (and want the Garden egg), I'll take the female Dream Ball parent in case I ever want a HP Fire Dream Ball Eevee (I'm currently working on Premier Ball): P

MicH

... And with Virizion finally caught I mow have every non-cover legend caught with near-flawless IVS in luxury balls. Good lord it was tedious, but Mannix feels awesome :D

Muku

I'm actually after 5IV (-Atk) Scatterbugs inside their ball (so that I can hatch it under my OT). :/

No worries. Just figured I'd offer it since it met my requirement already. A lot of folks here seem to collect them so thought it might be same case here. Will be some time before I get around to hatching competition Scatters in terms of Icy anyway. Another night of rejections by Latias. Good luck on getting one! :)

Not sure how many test Scatters for IVs though, then go back to save for the eggs. Lot of work. But that's why I kind of feel like some of the way Scatters should change. Ugh.

LaNaranja

Finally beat the story with this kick ass team:
I think I am going to do the Delta episode next, then finish up the pokedex, then get back into breeding. I want to make one of those snazzy looking Beedrills.

Yesterday was so great. Kyurem, the Pixie Trio and Tornadus all with worthwhile IVs and didn't take particularly long. Today has been 3 hours of fucking Entei being dogshit.

Gamefreak. Make synchronize >75% for legendaries. Not going +Speed nature means I'm getting way too many false positives (as I'm only able to scout if the 5C3/6C3 part rolled in my favor on turn one not the 1/2 synchronise resulting in wasting ages on useless Lonley or timid Entei for example...).

This latest one decided to take 60 balls (I have catching o-power level 3, I'm normally done within 20) and what did I get for my efforts:
IVs: 30, 31 / 14, 15 / 30, 31 / 0, 1 / 14, 15 / 30, 31
What a pile of shit.

There, I've complained to GAF!
Edit:
IVs: 30 / 22, 23 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 Whatever, I am done with this...now onto Regigias which now upon reading what slow start does makes my speed scout useless :lol: (it is Regigias so I don't really care much how it turns out)

Has anyone transferred a Pokemon from the original RS with a bunch of contest ribbons?
What does the description say? Unfortunately for me, I don't have any Pokemon from RS with contest ribbons.

Better than me trying to catch Suicune with a dive ball LOL

I caught Articuno in Leaf Green with a Great Ball and caught Suicune in SoulSilver with a Dive Ball.

Don't believe in the you that believes in me and don't believe in the me that believe in you. Believe in the you that believes in yourself.

Also, how do I use exp share?

If you haven't figured it out by now, you go into your key items folder and turn it on/off. After a pokemon faints the pokemon that participated will receive full experience points. Experience Share will then give half of the experience to non-participating members.

I caught Articuno in Leaf Green with a Great Ball and caught Suicune in SoulSilver with a Dive Ball.

Don't believe in the you that believes in me and don't believe in the me that believe in you. Believe in the you that believes in yourself.
Lol. I caught one last night and already have it set up, so all is well.

Macka

Fuuuuucccckkk. Closed my 3DS and when I opened it again like five minutes later, it said 'the game card has been removed'. It hadn't even been knocked...

At last I have Battle Resort access. Finally got a 26/ 5 x 31 Jolly Rayquaza. Now I just need to get a Platinum Flag and then get to breeding and doing Battle Maison. Might take some time out to complete X/Y first though.

Syntsui

I have a Modest synchronizer you can borrow now or if you can wait until tomorrow I can breed you one to keep. Up to you. My FC is 4253-3526-7631
I just added you, my FC is in my profile. If you can borrow me now it would be great, I will use it to get mine then I return it to you in 10 minutes tops.

L.O.R.D

~1400 RA and ...

INSTANT MASTER BALL

i am done with shiny legendary Pokemon

the only reason i was Patient with this pokemon , because i was able to run a way all the time
i can't stand soft reset thing , take too much time

Top Bottom