• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

~1400 RA and ...

INSTANT MASTER BALL

i am done with shiny legendary Pokemon

the only reason i was Patient with this pokemon , because i was able to run a way all the time
i can't stand soft reset thing , take too much time

Grats! I second the dislike of soft resetting. ORAS is way worse than the old games, too because of the load times between intro cinematic/menus/etc. I wonder if the N3DS will improve such things.

Grats! I second the dislike of soft resetting. ORAS is way worse than the old games, too because of the load times between intro cinematic/menus/etc. I wonder if the N3DS will improve such things.

I really hope it does, but XY/ORAS's responsiveness and loading issues either seem intentional or bad programming.

I really hope it does, but XY/ORAS's responsiveness and loading issues either seem intentional or bad programming.

Well the N3DS will almost certainly not effect the framerate in battles or anything like that, but there's plenty of precedent for load times being improved by these sorts of hardware upgrades. I think there's a pretty good bet we'll see some improvement.

Muku

~1400 RA and ...

INSTANT MASTER BALL

i am done with shiny legendary Pokemon

the only reason i was Patient with this pokemon , because i was able to run a way all the time
i can't stand soft reset thing , take too much time

Congrats! One day I hope to see that. One day. I wouldn't be so frustrated or disheartened if it didn't take forever for some of this shit to get through.

Macka

Nah, Mega Beedrill is kind of terrible. It has fairly poor coverage and dies to pretty much anything. Sure it's fast, but most priority attacks murder it.

Aw yeah, lets do this

Nah, Mega Beedrill is kind of terrible. It has fairly poor coverage and dies to pretty much anything. Sure it's fast, but most priority attacks murder it.
Bug/Poison/Ground/Dark hits everything neutrally but without Protect it doesn't start with that delicious base 145 speed and like you said priority takes it out regardless. Still, it's one of the better examples of how megas can turn no name pokemon into beasts

celebi23

bhJzhWk.jpg
qxLCsiP.jpg

OJjj5dM.jpg

Whelp, done getting flags :p Nice way to start off the new year :D Got my own little berry gatherer army :D Come check out my base at the Secret Meadow :D

Aw yeah, lets do this

Bug/Poison/Ground/Dark hits everything neutrally but without Protect it doesn't start with that delicious base 145 speed and like you said priority takes it out regardless. Still, it's one of the better examples of how megas can turn no name pokemon into beasts

They did have to "cheat" to turn Mega-Beedrill into a beast though, he's pretty much the only Mega that loses points from a "useless" stat (his already abysmal Sp Atk) and puts it into a good stuff and his stat distribution for the Mega-Boost is more lopsided than most too. It does got to show that its not BST so much as stat distribution that makes a pokemon a beast though.

This game just makes me happy, it's so fun :) I already have 11 hours logged and I only have two badges. So glad I finally went ahead and bought this, I was iffy. The game is actually a little challenging with EXP share turned off (well...at least more challenging).

This game just makes me happy, it's so fun :) I already have 11 hours logged and I only have two badges. So glad I finally went ahead and bought this, I was iffy. The game is actually a little challenging with EXP share turned off (well...at least more challenging).

Yeah, I used Exp Share during this game but it breaks it, I had Elite 4 level pokemon before Mossdeep. They really didn't account for it like they did in X/Y (which still overlevelled you a chunk but not to the same ridiculous extent).

I do wish you could rematch the Gym Leaders post game though. It'd be nice to see them get a similar sort of role to the type masters on the Battle Resort, so that between them, the Elite 4 and the Champion you had post-game level challenges of all types.

Syntsui

Wow... Just wow... I've caught a Modest Kyogre with like 6 Dusk Balls and when I see it it has 5 perfect IVs but of course they had to fuck up its SDef with only 5 IV.

Soooo close to a perfect Kyogre... I had to reset, it's useless with that SDef =(.

stolin

I just completed my legit National Pokedex with full 719. Just using these imaged for reference, does anyone know what/how to get that missing icon complete? Is that a Number Seen icon? The #4 on the top image or the Number Seen 11 on the bottom.

capture6.jpg

L.O.R.D

I just completed my legit National Pokedex with full 719. Just using these imaged for reference, does anyone know what/how to get that missing icon complete? Is that a Number Seen icon? The #4 on the top image or the Number Seen 11 on the bottom.

capture6.jpg
the seen icon is always grey
because you saw it, not catch

Crayolan

Got 43 super battles into the maison for the first time, they start throwing legendaries at me, and I lost because I didn't know maison terrakions are scarfed. Even worse, the opponent's last pokemon literally had 1 hp left when the battle ended. Fucking maison is such a timesink, I just wanna fight Wally. =(

Does anyone known if a Shedinja from a HA Nincada has its Hidden Ability (which is also Wonder Guard) or does Shedinja always get a non-Hidden Ability when generated ? It would only matter for breeding HA Nincada in practice and even then not much since none of Nincada's egg moves come from Shedinja.

JoeM86

Does anyone known if a Shedinja from a HA Nincada has its Hidden Ability (which is also Wonder Guard) or does Shedinja always get a non-Hidden Ability when generated ? It would only matter for breeding HA Nincada in practice and even then not much since none of Nincada's egg moves come from Shedinja.

Yeah, abilities are done with slots. If Nincada has a Slot 3 ability (the Hidden slot), then so will Shedinja

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Am I missing anything from not being able to visit the Southern Island as I don't have an Eon Ticket?

Wow... Just wow... I've caught a Modest Kyogre with like 6 Dusk Balls and when I see it it has 5 perfect IVs but of course they had to fuck up its SDef with only 5 IV.

Soooo close to a perfect Kyogre... I had to reset, it's useless with that SDef =(.

I caught a 5IV Zygarde with Defense around 28. I saved that shit with the fury of a thousand suns.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance

Take out Priority Pokemon and it can be a decent threat. Especially with U-turn.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
He requires too much going his way compared to other Megas. It's a fun thing if you set him up, but he's too fragile and there's too much priority in the meta right now.

That's why you have 5 other pokemon. Course if you just want to win all the time just grab yourself a Mega Rayquaza.

Forkball

Just beat the 5th gym. I really like the design and gimmicks of these gyms. You can tell they got really creative with them in XY as well.

Hours of water incoming...

Letep

At which point in the game are you able to set up secret bases? After finding them, of course. Is there a special item needed?

At which point in the game are you able to set up secret bases? After finding them, of course. Is there a special item needed?

Between the 3rd and 4th Gym. No items needed to enter an existing base but you need a pokemon ability (Secret Power) to setup a new secret base.

I'm looking to get a complete set of legit Hidden Ability pokemon ( I have a fairly decent collection of HA pokemon myself from Gen V/VI):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lbi7v9cbz9mviv3/HA Checklist - Filled.xlsx?dl=0

I'm looking for legit (non-clone) HA Pokemon that I'm missing and will trade bred legit HA possessing Pokemon that I have in exchange.

The pokemon on the sheet marked B/B2 are from Black/Black 2 Dream World or Dream Radar mainly so some of them have Dream World exclusive moves, I don't have a list of those moves but if there's something specific you're interested in I can look and see if I've got it.

I do have legendaries on that sheet but that's for my record keeping, I'm not willing to trade those, nor do I expect anyone to offer me HA Legendaries though I am interested in Legit (non-clone) Unnerve Mewtwo and can offer legit (non-clone) Dream Radar Legendaries (including the ones requiring Gen IV cartridges) in exchange (via using Dream Radar and White 2 and resetting both) if anyone has a spare.

I'm willing to offer Dream Radar legendaries in exchange for particularly rare legit non-clone HA pokemon too (like the Japanese event ones).

upandaway

I'm hitting a crisis of not finding any Pokemon to add to my party. My party is a sole Ralts right now and he's barely hanging in there, poor guy.

Yrael

I'm looking to get a complete set of legit Hidden Ability pokemon ( I have a fairly decent collection of HA pokemon myself from Gen V/VI):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lbi7v9cbz9mviv3/HA Checklist - Filled.xlsx?dl=0

I'm looking for legit (non-clone) HA Pokemon that I'm missing and will trade bred legit HA possessing Pokemon that I have in exchange.

The pokemon on the sheet marked B/B2 are from Black/Black 2 Dream World or Dream Radar mainly so some of them have Dream World exclusive moves, I don't have a list of those moves but if there's something specific you're interested in I can look and see if I've got it.

I do have legendaries on that sheet but that's for my record keeping, I'm not willing to trade those, nor do I expect anyone to offer me HA Legendaries though I am interested in Legit (non-clone) Unnerve Mewtwo and can offer legit (non-clone) Dream Radar Legendaries (including the ones requiring Gen IV cartridges) in exchange (via using Dream Radar and White 2 and resetting both) if anyone has a spare.

I'm willing to offer Dream Radar legendaries in exchange for particularly rare legit non-clone HA pokemon too (like the Japanese event ones).

I have a number of Protean Froakies and Anticipation Eevees (with Egg Move Wish) that I can trade.

I have a number of Protean Froakies and Anticipation Eevees (with Egg Move Wish) that I can trade.

I already have an Anticipation Eevee ( I obviously haven't proofed my spreadsheet properly) but I'm definitely interested in the Froakie, is there anything you want in return ?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Question about transferring from Y to AS: I have a few Eevees and some evolution stones. I know items don't transfer over, so should I be evolving my Eevees and sending them over that way? I'd hate for these stones to go to waste.

Thanks!

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Question about transferring from Y to AS: I have a few Eevees and some evolution stones. I know items don't transfer over, so should I be evolving my Eevees and sending them over that way? I'd hate for these stones to go to waste.

Thanks!

Get the latest patches and you can transfer over items.

Top Bottom