• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Bladelaw

My team I tried to use Hoenn only:

manectric
Guardivar
Salamance
Campurt
Milotic
Breloom

Pretty solid

Does anyone wanna trade for the ruby exclusives for the sapphire ones? I will never ever ever ever complete the national dex but the Hoeen one seems doable

If you're still looking in about 8 hours I can hook you up. Just post a list of what you need and I'll get Ditto working.

So is there an easy way to go from HG-->Black/Black2/Y-->pokebank-->Omega Ruby? or is it 6 at a time for HG-->Black and 30 at a time to upload to the bank?

If you're still looking in about 8 hours I can hook you up. Just post a list of what you need and I'll get Ditto working.

So is there an easy way to go from HG-->Black/Black2/Y-->pokebank-->Omega Ruby? or is it 6 at a time for HG-->Black and 30 at a time to upload to the bank?

6 at a time for HG -> B/W. A box (BOX 1) at a time to the Bank, which is pretty efficient in B2/W2 where you have mass selection tools but kinda sucks in B/W since you have to move every pokemon to box 1 indivually.

Christopher

Thanks Bladlaw!

I need the starters outside of treecko and anyone exclusive to sapphire I'm coming home soon I'll write a list but thanks so much

ivysaur12

Banned
I'm loving my competitive team at the moment:

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Rock Slide

Heracross (F) @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pin Missile
- Arm Thrust
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Superpower

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 200 SpA / 56 SpD
Modest Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Roost
- Air Slash
- Heal Bell

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Stone Edge
- Earth Power

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 28 HP / 148 SpA / 80 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Wave

I was really unhappy with Choice Scarf Heatran, so Shuca Heatran has been so much better. Togekiss is so much fun to use, I still can't believe she's only BL. Azumarill is SO GOOD.

Bladelaw

I have all the required hardware to go from FireRed to Omega Ruby fortunately HG/SS prevented me from having to go that deep. Aside from Legendaries are there any Sinnoh (D/P/Pt) 'mons that can't otherwise be acquired in Gen 6? What are the essential items in X/Y to move over via trade and not lose to the bank? I have all the mega stones from X/Y and ORAS in my copy of OR.

If not then I'm essentially done. I just need to go through the transfer rigamarole. I'll be using the spreadsheet posted on reddit to check off what I have and then get to breeding and properly complete the living Dex!

My "competitive" team is all Eeveelutions. Realistically it wouldn't do well online against a reasonable team but it's working pretty well in the Battle Maison and dominates in the Mauville Café

Azuran

Banned
HOLY SHIT, I just got a 5IV flawless Landorus! What are the chances?

Adamant 31/31/31/8-9/31/31

FaxWTCJ.jpg

Please hold me GAF. I haven't been this excited about anything in months.

Christopher

• Torchic
  • Mudkip
  • One of The Fossil Guys I believe
  • Lotad
  • Sableye
  • Seviper
  • Lunatone
  • Kyogre - I'll trade him right back! Just for the PokeDex! (if not it's A ok!)

Those seem to be the version exclusives! Thanks x100 and if you need anything let me know as well!

Bladelaw

• Torchic
  • Mudkip
  • One of The Fossil Guys I believe
  • Lotad
  • Lombre
  • Ludicolo
  • Sableye
  • Seviper
  • Lunatone
  • Kyogre - I'll trade him right back! Just for the PokeDex! (if not it's A ok!)

Those seem to be the version exclusives! Thanks x100 and if you need anything let me know as well!

I have:
Torchic (with speed boost if you prefer)
Mudkip
Both fossils
Lotad
Sableye
Seviper
Lunatone
No Kyogre in this Gen I did a similar Dex trade with another GAFer for credit.

I won't know what I'll need until this weekend once I've done the grand consolidation. I know I need Shaymin, Jirachi, and Manaphy though :p
Should be home in an hour and a half.

one_kill

snip

I was really unhappy with Choice Scarf Heatran, so Shuca Heatran has been so much better. Togekiss is so much fun to use, I still can't believe she's only BL. Azumarill is SO GOOD.
Have you considered Assault Vest for Heatran?

Christopher

I have:
Torchic (with speed boost if you prefer)
Mudkip
Both fossils
Lotad
Sableye
Seviper
Lunatone
No Kyogre in this Gen I did a similar Dex trade with another GAFer for credit.

I won't know what I'll need until this weekend once I've done the grand consolidation. I know I need Shaymin, Jirachi, and Manaphy though :p
Should be home in an hour and a half.

hmm I have Jirachi on my old Ruby Cartridge :p I'll be home in an hour too I have to do Overtime but yes lets trade - I have the Jirachi bonus disc for gamecube if you want or need that.

Bladelaw

hmm I have Jirachi on my old Ruby Cartridge :p I'll be home in an hour too I have to do Overtime but yes lets trade - I have the Jirachi bonus disc for gamecube if you want or need that.
Does this mean you have access to multiple jirachi's? I dont want to take your only one but i certainly won't say no.
Friend code is 0817-3770-3428

Frost_Ace

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Rock Slide

Adamant Nature
- Pin Missile
- Arm Thrust
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Superpower

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Roost
- Air Slash
- Heal Bell

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Stone Edge
- Earth Power

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Wave

Why giga drain on gengar? Isn't thunderbolt/focus blast better for coverage? HP ice is an option too
HOLY SHIT, I just got a 5IV flawless Landorus! What are the chances?

Adamant 31/31/31/8-9/31/31

Please hold me GAF. I haven't been this excited about anything in months.
Congrats :D

hemtae

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Rock Slide

Adamant Nature
- Pin Missile
- Arm Thrust
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Superpower

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Roost
- Air Slash
- Heal Bell

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Stone Edge
- Earth Power

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Wave

I think Close Combat is better than Arm Thrust on Heracross unless you really hate the defensive debuffs.

15*5*1.5 = 112.5

120*1.5 = 180

I think Close Combat is better than Arm Thrust on Heracross unless you really hate the defensive debuffs.

15*5*1.5 = 112.5

120*1.5 = 180

Arm Thrust (and its equivalents) are generally used to break Sash/Sturdy/Subs not for power (even with Skill Link they are only BP 75 (Average 66 with Technician, Max of 110)

denx

So I'm an idiot and just realised I haven't yet put my friend code here, so here it is: 3024-7774-4964

I'll also update my profile so evryone can see my friend code. I have Alpha Sapphire, so if anyone wants to trade, hit me up.

ivysaur12

Banned
Why giga drain on gengar? Isn't thunderbolt/focus blast better for coverage? HP ice is an option too

I try to stay away from HP just because it's literally impossible to replicate in the actual game. And Giga Drain is a nice stall when behind a Substitute and works really well for Swampert and Azumarril. Thunderbolt won't cover any of the Fertility Trio and if Talonflame is out, I'm just going to switch into Heatran anyway.

15*5*1.5 = 112.5

120*1.5 = 180

Also something I've been playing with, but I generally don't love debuffs because Heracross would need to switch out afterwards. He's too slow to survive afterwards.

ffdgh

And complaining on gaf saves the day once again! Hello shiny contrary Snivy <3.

Hidden power dragon tho...Oh well I'm still satified.

Muku

will complaining on gaf get me a regular new 3ds announcement for na

I still think it's because NOA hates us. I'd be more willing to get a new 3DS if XL had faceplate changes. Otherwise it's waiting for a non shitty versiont o come out. Meh. :/

Azuran

Banned
Congrats! So jealous

*sits and stares at the 3DS he's been soft resetting for 2+ weeks now*

Sigh, congrats.

Thanks guys! Probably my most special Pokemon so far. I never been big on SR, but I can see now why people do it. The joy you get when you finally get what you're looking for is amazing.

And don't worry Cloggerdude. I'm sure you'll get it soon!

MicH

will complaining on gaf get me a regular new 3ds announcement for na

We can only hope. :'(

I still think it's because NOA hates us. I'd be more willing to get a new 3DS if XL had faceplate changes. Otherwise it's waiting for a non shitty versiont o come out. Meh. :/
I already have a blue new XL but I'm now tempted to get a regular new 3DS as well :p

Sorry guys :( NOA truly sucks and their hate for white is inssne

Oh boy, I forgot I already caught a Heatran in OR, but now I need one for my team and can't soft reset without restarting. this is terrible ;-;

*sits and stares at the 3DS he's been soft resetting for 2+ weeks now*

Sigh, congrats.

Well, patience finally paid off. Got a Landorus with 31/31/31/31/29/31 IV's.

Sucks that the Special Defense wasn't perfect, but I'm definitely not complaining. Literally one point difference in the stat isn't going to kill me..... Right guys? Right?

Christopher

Bladlaw I can't thank you enough I tried to ice you the best pokemon I had lol. Thanks so much for your kindness and helping me complete my pokedex if you need the bonus disc I will send it asap thanks so much again I appreixate your kindness

Bladelaw

Bladlaw I can't thank you enough I tried to ice you the best pokemon I had lol. Thanks so much for your kindness and helping me complete my pokedex if you need the bonus disc I will send it asap thanks so much again I appreixate your kindness
No problem. I wouldn't mind the disk and i'll send it back when I'm done. I just need to figure out what to do with it.

entremet

If you already have it, it's not, heh. Though also good way to farm legit Jirachi for trade bait. :)

I have like 24 of them in my Emerald cart lol.

I don't have DSlite, though. You need both slots to transfer from Gen III onward. They'll probably announce a Jirachi event soon due to ORAS's release, though.

I'm free to help others with evolutions or version exclusives. I have Alpha Sapphire.

Muku

I have like 24 of them in my Emerald cart lol.

I don't have DSlite, though. You need both slots to transfer from Gen III onward. They'll probably announce a Jirachi event soon due to ORAS's release, though.

I'm free to help others with evolutions or version exclusives. I have Alpha Sapphire.

Yeah. No way I'd ever get rid of my lite. One to transfer up if I need, and two it's a color that wasn't in states and it is the superior color of them all.

I dunno, I don't really think they like announcing events outside of Japan. I always get the impression they grit their teeth when they have to. Just as well, US gets GameHell as their choice to handle things.

What makes you think they'll announce Jirachi though? Won't complain either way since I have my Shiny Jirachi, but would like my own legit normal Jirachi. (Never got the Ranch or whatever it was with bonus disc.)

Bladelaw

To use it you just need a GBA and a copy of ruby / sapphire the connection cable and a GameCube ...a lot for one pokemon lol

Does it work with Emerald? I actually have all of that stuff from Zelda four swords.
I wasn't kidding when I said I had all the hardware to get pokémon from GBA-->3DS

EDIT: Upon doing some research Ruby or Sapphire is required. It won't work with Emerald. I need to see if I have my old Sapphire around anymore.

entremet

Yeah. No way I'd ever get rid of my lite. One to transfer up if I need, and two it's a color that wasn't in states and it is the superior color of them all.

I dunno, I don't really think they like announcing events outside of Japan. I always get the impression they grit their teeth when they have to. Just as well, US gets GameHell as their choice to handle things.

What makes you think they'll announce Jirachi though? Won't complain either way since I have my Shiny Jirachi, but would like my own legit normal Jirachi. (Never got the Ranch or whatever it was with bonus disc.)

They've released event legendaries for each remake so far. There was a new Mew event for FireRed/Leaf Green and there was a Celebi event for HG/SS. It's only logical.

Muku

They've released event legendaries for each remake so far. There was a new Mew event for FireRed/Leaf Green and there was a Celebi event for HG/SS. It's only logical.

Hmmm, hope so. I guess events these days HAVE to be better overall. Instead of the one TRU out in middle of nowhere for whatever event Pokemon. I really wish though we could go to wifi stuff instead of serial codes all the time recently with events in States.

Hi guys, I'm wondering if anyone could trade me:

swift swim Poliwag
aroma veil Spritzee
iron fist Timburr
defiant Piplup
hustle Rufflet
solar power Helioptile
regenerator Foongus
shadow tag Gothita

I'd appreciate it

Top Bottom