• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

So this isn't strictly ORAS related, but I'll be getting a New 3DS XL next month and I want to pick up a Pokemon game for it. Should I go with ORAS or XY? I haven't played since Diamond, and prior to that I had only ever played Blue and Yellow (apparently I'm an old far now). Dunno how much any of that matters though.

I know nothing really about the last couple iterations of Pokemon games. Would I be fine either way? Does one have a better story over the other? Is ORAS a big improvement over XY?

If you do competitive battling then ORAS is definitely better (More necessary items and a better postgame setup).

I feel ORAS has a better starting pace than XY too (XY has a very late second gym) but ORAS is kinda rushed between the 4th & 5th gym. Storywise ORAS kept me more interested but that's pretty subjective.

Azuran

Banned
So this isn't strictly ORAS related, but I'll be getting a New 3DS XL next month and I want to pick up a Pokemon game for it. Should I go with ORAS or XY? I haven't played since Diamond, and prior to that I had only ever played Blue and Yellow (apparently I'm an old far now). Dunno how much any of that matters though.

I know nothing really about the last couple iterations of Pokemon games. Would I be fine either way? Does one have a better story over the other? Is ORAS a big improvement over XY?

It depends on how much you care about the new Pokemon. If you want to see the new guys from Gen V and VI, then XY is the way to go since ORAS is limited to around 150 or so Hoenn mons while XY has over 400+ Pokemon from all regions during the main game.

On the other hand, ORAS has a better paced story and is somewhat simpler but it's still pretty much the same as it was 11 years ago, while XY is a bit more modern with a little bit of drama thrown in there every once in a while.

Gameplay wise, they're literally the same games, except ORAS has more competitve stuff like Move Tutors and a few more Mega Evolutions if you care about that.

Well, I'm so close. 718. Only one I'm missing is Weavile, since I never bothered getting a Razor Claw and it's part of my breeding projects. That one will have to wait until tomorrow.

Syntsui

Do you have examples? If there's inaccurate information on the site, I'd like to fix it, and I can't without knowing what's wrong.
In regards to the content your site is amazing, but do you intend to improve the site for mobile navigation? It's a bit bad to have to zoom all the time and the screen doesn't adjust either. For what matters your site is the best!

Do you have examples? If there's inaccurate information on the site, I'd like to fix it, and I can't without knowing what's wrong.

In terms of improvements , you should probably do a bit of clean up on the transfer moves section. You're missing some Dream World only moves (like Rock Climb Lickitung) and some pokemon have moves listed there that are available from ORAS tutors.

Muku

You know, trying to SR these Rayquaza on ORAS now, I'm finding another small irk with ORAS as a whole. I don't feel like the nature is easily determined. The colors on the + item and - item are barely there. I've not SR'd for nature on here yet, but finding this to be awful. I'm going to last page of info on it just to confirm/or even know what its' nature is.

Edit: Now I have my own legit Shiny Rayquaza, I don't need the one that used to be in my collection. 6IV + Pokerus, with OT named of Smogons, so assuming complete hack. Caught in Masterball. Nature is Hasty. If anyone is interested in it, let me know.

Yrael

You know, trying to SR these Rayquaza on ORAS now, I'm finding another small irk with ORAS as a whole. I don't feel like the nature is easily determined. The colors on the + item and - item are barely there. I've not SR'd for nature on here yet, but finding this to be awful. I'm going to last page of info on it just to confirm/or even know what its' nature is.

Edit: Now I have my own legit Shiny Rayquaza, I don't need the one that used to be in my collection. 6IV + Pokerus, with OT named of Smogons, so assuming complete hack. Caught in Masterball. Nature is Hasty. If anyone is interested in it, let me know.

I'm interested, if it's still available. Is there a particular Pokemon you'd like in return?

Muku

I'm interested, if it's still available. Is there a particular Pokemon you'd like in return?

It's still available. Anything you'd like to trade really.

Edit: Curse you Latias. I swore I wouldn't leave this island until you were golden, but I have to make a side trip to get these two Pokemon from PC. I'll be back...

JoeM86

In regards to the content your site is amazing, but do you intend to improve the site for mobile navigation? It's a bit bad to have to zoom all the time and the screen doesn't adjust either. For what matters your site is the best!

I am working on a new layout, but it's tricky to find the right balance for web, mobile and navigation.

In terms of improvements , you should probably do a bit of clean up on the transfer moves section. You're missing some Dream World only moves (like Rock Climb Lickitung) and some pokemon have moves listed there that are available from ORAS tutors.

Yeah, the Special moves from previous gens are seldom brought through the generational shift in my dex. I should probably get on that. As for the tutors, I have no idea why that's happening. It shouldn't happen

lupinko

Oh right, just throwing this out there, I've almost perfected the 6IV Ditto automated factory.

Almost since I have to test more for Japanese Dittos.

English is already up and running. Automated for Modest already.

Duplica for ENG and Imite for JPN.

I can definitely hook you up with a Legendary tradeback. Suicune work? And don't worry about the time. It's just something that I kind of want to work on, but I'm in no huge hurry for it.

Edit: You know what is super annoying? Being almost done with your EV training and running into a random trainer that you never cleared. UGGGHHHH

Got your Murkrow ready. My FC is in my profile let me know yours.

Yrael

So today I was soft resetting for a shiny Lugia, and after a short amount of time, I realised I needed to take a break to nip to the loo. Before I did, I thought I'd start one more encounter, and left the 3DS running while I got up to head to the toilet. I paused at the doorway to listen to the encounter music in the very off chance that it would be shiny...

...and sure enough, I heard that telltale sparkle. o_O

I rushed back to the 3DS. Yep, there it was, shiny Lugia in all its pink glory. And it only took about 30 SRs!

r0g6NW9.png

It was a bit of a battle, but I eventually managed to catch it in a Premier Ball. It has a Bold nature, but unfortunately, its HP and Defense are both pretty crappy. >_<

HP: 2-3
Attack: 31
Defense: 6-7
Special Attack: 31
Special Defense: 31
Speed: 22-23

But hey, a shiny Lugia caught so quickly, I guess I can't really complain too much!

Has anyone looked into the in-game traded Pokemon in ORAS yet in terms on IVs? For XY I just looked at it and my assumptions are completely wrong.

For most in-game trades in XY it is nature and 1 IV is guaranteed Perfect (e.g. Joly and Speed for Quackin'), the hotel Eevee is completely random and the Carpe Diem Magikarp is 3 perfects. Now the postgame starter and Diantha are 31 in two stats in 20 in the rest.

The only ORAS data I have is for postgame Shapedo and Camerupt (mine has to be the worst Pokemon I have ever looked at with 6/0/9/10/0/1/5) but those are gifts instead of trades which explains their randomness.

From that you can see what it likely to happen in ORAS.

Muku

Was asked if I took any pictures at WHF. I actually did as well as a few in Shibuya (Pokemon ORAS Cafe), so if anyone is interested in it you can find the pictures here.

Shiny Rayquaza Giveaway

Also, I have gone through my inventory of Rayquaza and I figure I should give away a Shiny Rayquaza here. WHF15 OT, January 25 (2015) as its' date. I can provide the winner with a WC picture with personalized note in picture as proof, so no worries if you're one of those folks who likes to have it. :)

I thought about doing something kind of crazy like Aveyn did for the Shaymin giveaway, but I'm just going to go easy. Just send me a PM with the title Shiny Rayquaza, maybe a quick note on why you'd like it, and will add your name to the hat. :) Going to let this go until end of Jan. 31 Japan time.

entremet

Anyone up for Mascot legendary trade and trade back? I have Kyogre but need to register a Groudon to get my Hoenn Dex finished.

If any OR players are up for it let me know.

lupinko

Was asked if I took any pictures at WHF. I actually did as well as a few in Shibuya (Pokemon ORAS Cafe), so if anyone is interested in it you can find the pictures here.

Shiny Rayquaza Giveaway

Also, I have gone through my inventory of Rayquaza and I figure I should give away a Shiny Rayquaza here. WHF15 OT, January 25 (2015) as its' date. I can provide the winner with a WC picture with personalized note in picture as proof, so no worries if you're one of those folks who likes to have it. :)

I thought about doing something kind of crazy like Aveyn did for the Shaymin giveaway, but I'm just going to go easy. Just send me a PM with the title Shiny Rayquaza, maybe a quick note on why you'd like it, and will add your name to the hat. :) Going to let this go until end of Jan. 31 Japan time.

Hmm, does anyone want me to do a Shiny Deoxys giveaway?

It's not on the level of Gen 6 Pokescrap Shaymin or WHF Shiny Rayquaza but hey it's something right?
Yeah, my vault of Shiny Tanabata 2014 Jirachi is off limits.

Tho I still have the IOUs for whoever won the GAF tourney and the finalist. Those are almost done.

So yeah, any ideas on how to do that giveaway? OT can either be GAF, &#12498;&#12490;&#12479;, NeoGAF, Solana. It could just be four Jaundice Deoxys given away based on each Forme.

Just throwing that out there, lol I'll get the prizes done first. I'm a perfectionist so sue me. Lol

I am working on a new layout, but it's tricky to find the right balance for web, mobile and navigation.

Yeah, the Special moves from previous gens are seldom brought through the generational shift in my dex. I should probably get on that. As for the tutors, I have no idea why that's happening. It shouldn't happen

I'm not 100% sure it was tutor moves but there are definitely move list/egg move/tutor moves/TM appearing in the transfer only section , I only noticed it in passing so I'm not 100% sure what category it was.

Wow! How did you get your mythicals?

Kind GAF-folk.

Shiny Rayquaza Giveaway

I already have that Hasty 6IV (hacked) Shiny Rayquayquay you gave me this summer, so I'm gonna pass. I'd love to have a legit one, but I figure someone who doesn't own one yet should get it.

Good luck to the entrants!

Muku

Kind GAF-folk.

I already have that Hasty 6IV (hacked) Shiny Rayquayquay you gave me this summer, so I'm gonna pass. I'd love to have a legit one, but I figure someone who doesn't own one yet should get it.

Good luck to the entrants!

Rayquayquay? I think I like that name, haha! :)

ffdgh

9 boxes of eggs later, shiny female buneary finally appears...along with a shiny sister from another egg.
KuGsj.gif

Glad that nightmare is over...

Shiny Rayquaza Giveaway

Oh very cool,

I would also like to do a giveaway already giving a few Shaymin's for the tourney but should have some more spares as well as uncloned: bank celebi's,DIancie's and perfect comp shinies (done with SV matching).

any interest guys?

Syntsui

Oh very cool,

I would also like to do a giveaway already giving a few Shaymin's for the tourney but should have some more spares as well as uncloned: bank celebi's,DIancie's and perfect comp shinies (done with SV matching).

any interest guys?

I'd like the Shaymin and Diancie if you have spares. Anything that could interest you in return?

I accidentally killed Deoxys in my Alpha Sapphire and I have been told that I can attempt to catch him again. How would I go about doing this? I assume facing the E4 again but where do I go? The Sky Pillar?

entremet

Oh very cool,

any interest guys?

I'm interested. Again, no rush.

CengizMan

So I have decided to try and get all possible medals in Pokémon Omega Ruby. I have 91 of them right now. Most challenges aren't that hard, but they do require quite some work.

L.O.R.D

question about the The Delta Episode

the meteoroid that is suppose to hit the earth , how big is it ? did they say anything in the game how big is it ?

I guess sometimes good things happen to those who wait. Just got this in less than 100 eggs:

For those that weren't in the X/Y topic, I had more than 7-8k eggs hatched before (IIRC, could be more (near 10k) or less (near 5k), can't remember exactly), and no shiny. Now, in a day that I could judge as a very shitty one (for personal reasons), I got this. 6 perfect IVs, HA.

Thank you, RNG.

I guess sometimes good things happen to those who wait. Just got this in less than 100 eggs:

For those that weren't in the X/Y topic, I had more than 7-8k eggs hatched before (IIRC, could be more (near 10k) or less (near 5k), can't remember exactly), and no shiny. Now, in a day that I could judge as a very shitty one (for personal reasons), I got this. 6 perfect IVs, HA.

Thank you, RNG.

So awesome only happened to me once with a Miltank and I foolishly traded it :(

Syntsui

Not really looking for anything, but I don't have a lot of each so going to limit it to one for each pearson.

both are uncloned and come with full redemption proof.
I'm home right now, I see Diancie is already took so I will have the Shaymin please. My FC is on my profile.

Thank you, RNG.

That's hella awesome man, congrats on the hatch!

ghibli99

Thank you, RNG.
Very nice! Breeding for shiny Pokemon ranks dead last on the list of things I like to do, but ORAS definitely makes the process easier. Can't even do it anymore in XY because of the changes they made.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous of that shiny 6IV Torchic of yours, though. :) Congrats again!

entremet

Very nice! Breeding for shiny Pokemon ranks dead last on the list of things I like to do, but ORAS definitely makes the process easier. Can't even do it anymore in XY because of the changes they made.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous of that shiny 6IV Torchic of yours, though. :) Congrats again!

What specific changes they made to breeding in ORAS?

Thanks, I started doing that because all the other stuff bores me rather quickly. I want to build a competitive team made of shinies, so with that in mind I have a really long way to go, but at least I can get a big mileage from the game.

Top Bottom