• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Muku

No, any nature is fine. English language would be good though ;)

Hah fortunately both English copies of the game I play in ENG. Only play my Japanese copy in JPN. Will try to get to it later today. About to head out of door for work.

Shiny Rayquaza Event coming to UK and Germany by serial code.
Serebii said:
Following the surprise release last night of the Shiny Rayquaza over the Nintendo Network for North American Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire games, an official release has come out detailing that this distribution is set to end on September 14th giving just over a month to get it. Get it while you can
Edit @ 17:03: It has also been confirmed to run across the UK in Smyths storesfrom August 24th to September 20th 2015 as a Serial Code event. Edit @ 17:34: The German distribution for Rayquaza will run from August 31st to September 28th 2015 at participating retailers. Spanish, French, Italian and other European distributions for Shiny Rayquaza remain unclear

Suspect another ID since its still a few weeks away. Well we will see :)

I can see your event senses tingling. Or is it my imagination? : P

Would be nice if that was the case, but it makes little difference to me. If only it was a month away so we got a repeat of the OCT2014 and NOV2014 Diancie distinction.

Hegarol

Would be nice if that was the case, but it makes little difference to me. If only it was a month away so we got a repeat of the OCT2014 and NOV2014 Diancie distinction.
I only care because it means I can trade some of these codes. If its the same ID they are worth nothing on reddit. ;)

I only care because it means I can trade some of these codes. If its the same ID they are worth nothing on reddit. ;)

Totally understandable. I just don't have much time to trade these days ^^;;

If it was last year when I had more time, I'd be wheeling and dealing 24/7.

For now, I'll be content with Worlds, a Manaphy and Satay King code.

Plus any cool 'mons lupinko has spare XD

Muku

Suspect another ID since its still a few weeks away. Well we will see :)

You still want the US Rayquaza then? If so I'll go with it. If it's another ID maybe I could get an EU Rayray one off ya? :3

Edit: Just realized I had no clue wtf I was writing at time. Long day...

Hegarol

You still want the US Rayquaza then? If so I'll go with it. If it's another ID maybe I could name an EU Rayray one off ya? :3
Yeah I would still take one, if you have a spare.

Absolutely. I should get several codes, so I will reserve one for you :)

Muku

Yeah I would still take one, if you have a spare.

Absolutely. I should get several codes, so I will reserve one for you :)

Awesome! :D Just got home a few moments ago, but going to jump into OR to get your Rayray done. I have my AS one I'm keeping so yeah, you can still have the OR one. :)

Edit: Got your Shiny Rayray. Just let me know when you'd like it. :) Will be here for a bit.

Hegarol

Awesome! :D Just got home a few moments ago, but going to jump into OR to get your Rayray done. I have my AS one I'm keeping so yeah, you can still have the OR one. :)

Edit: Got your Shiny Rayray. Just let me know when you'd like it. :) Will be here for a bit.
Coming online :)

Hegarol

Uggggh I hate this serial code crap. These events never come to Denmark
If I have a spare I can get you one. Depends where exactly the codes will be distributed here in Germany.
But if its MediaMarkt and not just Gamestop, like almost all the time, I should have plenty.

Muku

If I have a spare I can get you one. Depends where exactly the codes will be distributed here in Germany.
But if its MediaMarkt and not just Gamestop, like almost all the time, I should have plenty.

Problem with serial codes is some of us don't have EU consoles. (So I hope you could farm me one off rather than the code. :eek: ) Kind of kick myself though for starting OR already. That's why Shiny Ray is available I'm sure. GF was just waiting for me to no longer have farming copies LOL.

Hegarol

Problem with serial codes is some of us don't have EU consoles. (So I hope you could farm me one off rather than the code. :eek: ) Kind of kick myself though for starting OR already. That's why Shiny Ray is available I'm sure. GF was just waiting for me to no longer have farming copies LOL.
I can redeem it for you. No prob. My OR is only for farming and and an occasional rerun to get some ingame legendaries. ;)

But MicH seem to be in Denmark so he can probably do it himself.

Thx for the NA Rayquaza!

Muku

I can redeem it for you. No prob. My OR is only for farming and and an occasional rerun to get some ingame legendaries. ;)

But MicH seem to be in Denmark so he can probably do it himself.

Thx for the NA Rayquaza!

You're welcome! :) I have a feeling OR will become a farming cart again after I get all these shiny legendaries.... That'll be a while, haha.

MicH

That would be amazing if you could get your hands on an extra code. No worries if you can't though

Skii

Why would you make the Europe version a serial code event instead? So fucking stupid. I don't have the time to go to Smyths to get a bloody pokemon. This is easily the worst thing about these events. We rarely get any decent ones in the West and when we do, they force you to go get a serial code at some store causing inconvenience for no reason.

Oh well, no Rayquaza for me.

Faenix1

Got the Shiny Rayquaza, what's the best nature for it?

I SRed a Jolly one so far but I'm not sure if that's the "ideal" so I haven't saved yet. What's a good IV calculator? So many out there

Faenix1

Now I remember why I don't worry about getting the "best" possible.

SRing for nature is bad enough, SRing for nature AND good IVs is a nightmare. Damn Shiny rare pokemon.. lol

Probably should of kept the first Jolly I came across, his IVs wasn't that bad.

You can always switch WonderCards and get the Rayq first. But thats only going to work if you don't SR it as well :D

Wait, you can switch the cards?

4QmbIBq.gif

OH FUCK SHINY MAGNEMITE

First gen VI shiny encounter and the first I've had in three years of playing lots of Pokemon. About time.

Congrats!

Now I remember why I don't worry about getting the "best" possible.

SRing for nature is bad enough, SRing for nature AND good IVs is a nightmare. Damn Shiny rare pokemon.. lol

Probably should of kept the first Jolly I came across, his IVs wasn't that bad.

I only SR wonder cards for really hard or impossible pokemons, like Shiny Rayquaza (impossible to get one with the pentagon because of the shiny lock), Diancie (event-only pokemon). Shiny Beldum I tried but said meh, I'd rather have one that I bred because I know that the nature will be right and at least 5 IVs will be great.

EDIT: Naughty 31/31/0-5/31/31/31 Rayquaza, should I keep it for a Mixed one?

Faenix1

Trying to get one with all 25+ at least is proving problematic Is it even possible?

Is Ray better as Physical or Mixed? I read something about Physical isnt as good without V-Create - or something - whatever that is. lol

Damnit, got a Naive one with 30 IV in Speed, sigh.

Trying to get one with all 25+ at least is proving problematic Is it even possible?

Is Ray better as Physical or Mixed? I read something about Physical isnt as good without V-Create - or something - whatever that is. lol

Usually physical is better because of Swords Dance / Dragon Dance and Dragon Ascent is a physical move.

I don't really know though, I'm using old info. Been a while since I played the metagame.

Azuran

Banned

V-Create is a move. I wouldn't worry about it since Rayquaza can't even learn that in-game in Gen VI except for that special event one from Gen V.

Faenix1

Alright, I guess I'll continue with my hunt for a Jolly Ray - since I prefer speed over higher attack. I never played Gen 3-5 so I'm still finding out new stuff I never knew of.

Muku

Alright, I guess I'll continue with my hunt for a Jolly Ray - since I prefer speed over higher attack. I never played Gen 3-5 so I'm still finding out new stuff I never knew of.

Think you'll be happy with it. It'll be worth it in the end. :)

Faenix1

Just got a Jolly that's, according to Psypokes, roughly 28/31/31/4/27/31. Can't decide if I should keep trying or keep this one.

That looks like a keeper to me.

I jumped back into breeding myself and started off with Pikachu. In the third round of breeding where I had put together my HP Ice Ditto and trash IV Pikachu the following popped out:

Pichu 31/12/30/31/31/31 (HP Ice) - Lightning Rod - Female

Which is probably the luckiest hatch I've ever had.

Muku

That looks like a keeper to me.

I jumped back into breeding myself and started off with Pikachu. In the third round of breeding where I had put together my HP Ice Ditto and trash IV Pikachu the following popped out:

Pichu 31/12/30/31/31/31 (HP Ice) - Lightning Rod - Female

Which is probably the luckiest hatch I've ever had.

Congrats!

JoeM86

Made a new video of my more defensive strategies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iwp7Wsj_thI

An interesting note, which I was hoping to show in the video is that if you manage to get the first turn set up (so +1 from Magnetic Flux and +3 from Cotton Guard), an Earthquake from Garchomp would do less than a third of Ampharos' health in damage. It just eats it up. It can even survive up to 2 Earthquakes from an Adamant Banded Landorus-T with no further boosts.

Azuran

Banned
I'm down. Thanks! Do you also happen to have a buizel or floated with Aquajet? What's your friend code?

2294 7152 6699

Sorry for the delay, went to check the bank and ended up getting sidetracked. Sorry, I don't have Buizel.

Anyways, my FC is in my profile.

I now have shiny Cresselia from SRing. Didn't take too long, and IVs are decent, so I'm happy. Almost couldn't breathe when I saw it lol

I'm tempted to do more but there aren't any more good shinies left in the game

Top Bottom