• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

I now have shiny Cresselia from SRing. Didn't take too long, and IVs are decent, so I'm happy. Almost couldn't breathe when I saw it lol

I'm tempted to do more but there aren't any more good shinies left in the game

Congrats, I wish I could get Ho-oh shiny but without Regenerator it is useless.

EDIT: Just got a 31/0/31/31/31/31 Timid Diancie.

lupinko

Is there going to be another GAF tournament?

I can put up a Hoopa as the top prize.

Also I can put up other prizes as well.

And yes, I didn't forget about the long delayed Deoxys bonanza, I'll get to that soon, I know it's a dead horse by now.

And that Deoxys giveaway is also a Mew giveaway as well.

Unless people object to that and suggest that Mew should be given away separately.

Also anyone interested in Ageto Celebis or Wishmaker Jirachis, those are available for trade, for just one Gen 6 caught/bred Kalos-Hoenn native shiny of any kind, not powersaved/save editored.

Sajjaja

So ORAS is on sale for $30 where I live and idk which version to get as I'm realllly tempted to get it.

I think I like Groudon more than Kyogre but I like Dialga better than Palkia and Lugia better than Ho-Oh.

Also, how often are pokemon events where they giveaway legendaries like Arceus? I don't wanna feel like I'm being punished for not having the game earlier.

Adviisseee meeeee.

lupinko

So ORAS is on sale for $30 where I live and idk which version to get as I'm realllly tempted to get it.

I think I like Groudon more than Kyogre but I like Dialga better than Palkia and Lugia better than Ho-Oh.

Also, how often are pokemon events where they giveaway legendaries like Arceus? I don't wanna feel like I'm being punished for not having the game earlier.

Adviisseee meeeee.

For the North American version you can get free Shiny Rayquaza via wifi until September 14th. Rayquaza is shiny locked in ORAS.

Usually North America is boned when it comes to events, but they did giveaway Diancie like a couple of weeks ago via wifi.

PokeGAF gives away legendaries and event mythicas from time to time.

lupinko

Alright, I guess I'll continue with my hunt for a Jolly Ray - since I prefer speed over higher attack. I never played Gen 3-5 so I'm still finding out new stuff I never knew of.

V-Create isn't that important for Physical of Mixed Rayquaza anymore due to Mega Rayquaza/Dragon Ascent.

Also Rayquaza has always been better physical or mixed than it was Special (which is still good), you just can't waste Dragon Dance.

Also Overheat is still decent with the absence of V-Create on physical or mixed Rayquazas.

gosox333

I just spent 20 ultra balls on this motherfucker Elekid I found on a mirage mountain

Did I just have awful luck or are some mirage Pokemon abnormally hard to catch?

Anustart

Anyone have a female honedge in a luxury ball? Wanting a honedge on my team but that's the first thing.

Wasted a bunch of time breeding before I realized my female was in a normal ball.

Kyzer

Banned
I got to Groudon and stopped playing because of work and stuff, and had kind of lost interest. I didn't know how much the eon flute picked things up,..and that wally battle wow

Seil

Do the mirage places count as "mystery terrain"?

I noticed on this calc there's a tick for that, which drastically reduces the catch rate.

It's a mystery because they don't actually know what is represented by that check. In Gen V, the dark grass had a catch rate modifier based on the total number of Pokemon you'd caught. I think that check is the same thing, except we have no idea when it's actually used. If nothing else, having 600 or so species registered as captured would bring the catch rate to normal anyway in that situation, I think.

Anyone have a female honedge in a luxury ball? Wanting a honedge on my team but that's the first thing.

Wasted a bunch of time breeding before I realized my female was in a normal ball.

Do you still need one? If it can be female and in a luxury ball, I have it(with its HA in situations where that's also possible).

JoeM86

CMu9o0DXAAE9-Jq.png
CMu9oyBWEAAAXkd.png

Anustart

It's a mystery because they don't actually know what is represented by that check. In Gen V, the dark grass had a catch rate modifier based on the total number of Pokemon you'd caught. I think that check is the same thing, except we have no idea when it's actually used. If nothing else, having 600 or so species registered as captured would bring the catch rate to normal anyway in that situation, I think.

Do you still need one? If it can be female and in a luxury ball, I have it(with its HA in situations where that's also possible).

I dont have it yet :3 I get off work at 6 central time tonight, be around around 645?

Cindro

That shiny Wishmur is surprisingly gorgeous. I can't remember how rad Exploud looks peppered with some sage green, but I'll bet it's so awesome that all the ladies come running and...

295.png

... oh

Well, congrats anyway Joe :p

Qurupeke

I finished the team for the Pikachu competition, this will be fun. I've made some mistakes because I left team building for the last minute so I'm missing a Mega Ampharos and a Heliolisk with HP Ground(or any Pokemon with HP Ground, as it was bothersome). I don't really expect a lot but at least I've made a BR Pikachu so I hope that we'll get the Endeavor one.

Just for the sake of it, my team is: Heliolisk, M Manectric, Eelectross, Jolteon, Electrivire and Pikachu. I fear that I'll find quite many Electrivires with EQ and adding Pikachu, the battles will probably be kind of repetitive.

Also, hyped for Worlds tomorrow.

Growlie19

Did my first five battles for the Pika Tournament. Won all five as well. Here's the team:

Mascot the Pikachu. Holds a Light Ball. Lonely nature. Lightning Rod. Fake Out, Volt Tackle, Knock Off, Reversal. Haven't used him yet, but I want to throw him in at least one battle before the end.

Mowdok the Rotom-Mow. Holds a Life Orb. Modest nature. Levitate. Leaf Storm, Hex, Pain Split, Will-o-Wisp. Used to destroy Stunfisk and Lanturn, or to burn physical attackers.

Buzz Buzz the Galvantula. Holds a Focus Sash. Timid nature. Unnerve. Bug Buzz, Energy Ball, Sticky Web, Protect. Usually sent out first with Electivire, who have swept three of my five opponents on their own.

Surge the Electivire. Holds an Expert Belt. Jolly nature. Motor Drive. Earthquake, Rock Slide, Fire Punch, Ice Punch. Rips through everything with EQ.

Flattery the Stunfisk. Holds Leftovers. Quiet nature. Static. Earth Power, Scald, Sludge Bomb, Fissure. Hasn't seen use yet either. Fissure is filler.

Candace the M-Ampharos. Holds Ampharosite. Static -> Mold Breaker. Hasty nature. Agility, Thunderbolt, Dragon Pulse, Power Gem. Speeds up, then goes to town.

I faced a defensive Eelektrik, which i did not expect. Luckily, Fire Punch got a burn, which finished it off eventually. Everything else seemed like standard fare.

I just spent 20 ultra balls on this motherfucker Elekid I found on a mirage mountain

Did I just have awful luck or are some mirage Pokemon abnormally hard to catch?
Elekid and Magby just have really low catchrates, around the same as Reshiram and Zekrom in Gen 5 (not in ORAS, they were changed to the more common legendary rate). This was especially obvious in BW2 where they placed them around the second gym and you only had like three Pokeballs and one Greatball.

Seil

Elekid and Magby just have really low catchrates, around the same as Reshiram and Zekrom in Gen 5 (not in ORAS, they were changed to the more common legendary rate). This was especially obvious in BW2 where they placed them around the second gym and you only had like three Pokeballs and one Greatball.

Same catch rate as Eevee, starters and so on. Higher catch rate than Ditto. Okay chance of catching at low HP with just a Pokeball(not a good chance, 1/4 at best with no status conditions etc, but still that's not terrible). 20 Ultras would be fairly bad luck, even if you were throwing them at full health.

Qurupeke

I ended up 9-6 on the Pikachu competition. 2 of the loses were against Eelectric with Coil, to my surprise.Also, I saw Pikachu with Feint and Knock off, moves I ignored, but knock off was really good. My Eelectross js pretty good but it sucks there are so many Pokemon with Intimidate. Also, Electrivire is by far the most used. I really hope that Pikachu will manage to be on the 3 most used.

JoeM86

I was doing really well, then went off for a bit to go for a jog, came back and bam...loss after loss. Yikes. At 5-6 at the moment.

Andrefpvs

WAAAAH! I forgot to make a team for the Pikachu Cup :(

I'll probably just bring in a random Pikachu and some other untrained Electric types, and get the 3 matcheslosses just to qualify for the prize :/

WAAAAH! I forgot to make a team for the Pikachu Cup :(

I'll probably just bring in a random Pikachu and some other untrained Electric types, and get the 3 matcheslosses just to qualify for the prize :/

Same, except I've been waaaay too busy.

Just gonna go with any random Electric types I catch. So I guess Electrike and Plusle/Minin in ORAS. Maybe I'll raid my Friend Safari as well.

Top Bottom