• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

I'm starting to get a little frustrated with my shiny hunting. I'm at over 600 Shiny Charm MM Charmanders now. I don't plan on giving up until I get a shiny but this is pretty frustrating. Statistically I should've gotten it by now. Oh well, nothing to do but keep trying.

Muku

I'm starting to get a little frustrated with my shiny hunting. I'm at over 600 Shiny Charm MM Charmanders now. I don't plan on giving up until I get a shiny but this is pretty frustrating. Statistically I should've gotten it by now. Oh well, nothing to do but keep trying.

I got over 3,000 Porygons over several tries. None came out shiny. It's a breeding project I have to get back to later. Sometimes it's just horrible crap luck. :(

Ahnez

Two hours to get a sync with the correct nature

TWO HOURS

I got every single other natures before the one I wanted.. including the neutral ones..

SaintRidley

Neo Member
I'm set to work on getting the golems to shine. Brought up a Skill Swap Exeggcute from Gen 3 for breeding so I could Harvest+Leppa with Skill Swap and Bestow for them, just to prevent struggle failure.

Regirock will be the first up.

Muku

I'm set to work on getting the golems to shine. Brought up a Skill Swap Exeggcute from Gen 3 for breeding so I could Harvest+Leppa with Skill Swap and Bestow for them, just to prevent struggle failure.

Regirock will be the first up.

This is why I'm just gathering up Master Balls. Some might think it's cheap or whatever, but if I go through process to finally get them to shine, I'm not losing it. I've tried all so far with other balls, but throw MB towards end (keeping track of moves used and how much of each they have left, since I get the shiny Pokemon damn close to 0 as I can). Still don't have enough for catching all of them in MBs should they require it (all have so far, as they're all stubborn asshats), but have a nice stash in mean time. Traded a friend for another MB earlier today.

SaintRidley

Neo Member
The inability to transfer Master Balls from Gen V to Gen VI is a mild inconvenience. It's not like I have around 15 of them between my Gen IV and V games.

I don't think I've actually used a Master Ball in any game since Pokemon Emerald. I always save them, and prefer to catch legendaries using Poke Balls.

Hegarol

I don't think I've actually used a Master Ball in any game since Pokemon Emerald. I always save them, and prefer to catch legendaries using Poke Balls.
Same for me. I use Pokeballs for legends. I would only use my Masterball for shiny pokemon that are likely to self-ko during battle.

Muku

Yeah, I like the challenge of legendaries in Pokeballs. It's rare I use something other than Pokeball for catching. I usually carry higher ones still should I run out of Pokeballs (used to the day still when 99 was a stack so I forget sometimes I can go over that now). I've not been lucky enough ever to save a MB for a shiny since it wasn't until this generation I have even found them. But can totally understand for the self destructing ones.

lupinko

I just use false swipe + t-wave/spore/sleep powder with capture power. It's been great for catching Latios and Dialga shiny.

Both in premier balls. :D

Edit: just caught it while GAF was down.

kVFNBiR.jpg

My lonely synchronizer failed but it was still good I think:

Impish
30-31/30-31/30-31/0-1/30-31/14-15

I'm undecided on Thundurus, I want to run Knockoff so naive would be a way to go but Timid seems to be the standard now, if not bulky.

I don't know what to run without having to worry about HP Ice.

Any ideas? I decided to just go for shiny Heatran right now.

I started playing Omega Ruby again after a long hiatus and it's been wonderful. I somehow forget how much I love Pokémon, but then I pick it back up and can't stop playing it.

Each time I get back into the games, I dive a little deeper into the mechanics. I think it's about time that I start caring about IVs and breeding mechanics.

Also, I got Pokérus back in HeartGold (my favorite game of all time) and managed to maintain at least a couple of Pokémon with the condition. On the off chance that anyone here doesn't have it, but wants it, let me know!

Muku

I just use false swipe + t-wave/spore/sleep powder with capture power. It's been great for catching Latios and Dialga shiny.

Both in premier balls. :D

Edit: just caught it while GAF was down.

kVFNBiR.jpg

My lonely synchronizer failed but it was still good I think:

Impish
30-31/30-31/30-31/0-1/30-31/14-15

I'm undecided on Thundurus, I want to run Knockoff so naive would be a way to go but Timid seems to be the standard now, if not bulky.

I don't know what to run without having to worry about HP Ice.

Any ideas? I decided to just go for shiny Heatran right now.

Congrats!

Now you mention it, I don't have the O-Powers in ORAS. I feel like i should go get Capture Power, but at the same time it just didn't flow along with the story like it did in XY, so I forget when I finally get done with a shiny.

I do use False Swipe, problem is my luck status inducing things are awful. Normally use Thunder Wave only. Mainly because my luck with sleep is the utter crap. I think one of the Pokemon I carry with me has it, but it's been a while since I've been on the hunt. Just busy.

lupinko

Congrats!

Now you mention it, I don't have the O-Powers in ORAS. I feel like i should go get Capture Power, but at the same time it just didn't flow along with the story like it did in XY, so I forget when I finally get done with a shiny.

I do use False Swipe, problem is my luck status inducing things are awful. Normally use Thunder Wave only. Mainly because my luck with sleep is the utter crap. I think one of the Pokemon I carry with me has it, but it's been a while since I've been on the hunt. Just busy.

Thanks! I just use Capture power from my XY game though. Ah how useful it is to have multiple consoles.

You start out with Capture Power lol

Just level it up by giving it to other people every hour or so for a few days. In ORAS the rest of the O-Powers are gotten by talking to dudes in Mauville's Pokemon Center.

lupinko

I need suggestions on my shiny Naive Bagon, it has rock head, so I wanted to have a set that can be used with both Life Orb or Salamencite.

The IVs are 31/18-19/31/31/31/31, iirc it was 19 for attack last I checked.

I'm going with dragon dance sets for both.

Physical based:
252 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
DD
Double-edge (Mega) / Dragon Claw (Life Orb)
Fire Blast
Earthquake

Special based:
4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
DD
Hyper Voice (Mega) / Dragon Pulse (Life Orb)
Fire Blast
Earthquake

I need the speed investment and I will be using a follow me mon to help set up DD. I really wanted to go physical but it's 19 vs 31 on the IV front, and I'm guessing it's better to go mixed with this particular Salamence.

For the life orb variant I know I have other options:
Hydro Pump
Draco Meteor
Outrage

I can always breed another one, I do have a 6IV parent ready, which reminds me, I have to go breed modest and adamant ones too.

Muku

You start out with Capture Power lol

Just level it up by giving it to other people every hour or so for a few days. In ORAS the rest of the O-Powers are gotten by talking to dudes in Mauville's Pokemon Center.

In ORAS you do? I haven't done ANY trading or anything online with ORAS really, so haven't played with it. Thought I read you had to get it from someone in game though.

Seil

In ORAS you do? I haven't done ANY trading or anything online with ORAS really, so haven't played with it. Thought I read you had to get it from someone in game though.

Yeah, Capture is one of the starting powers in ORAS.

Many, like the hatching power, are acquired via conversations/a "sidequest" involving people in Mauville, mostly in the Pokemon Center.

lupinko

For whatever reason they keep coming at night. I didn't even notice it while I was hatching eggs.

http://youtu.be/F3T65ZM1MN0

Modest 31/16-17/31/31/6-7/6-7

Really bad SpD but it has the HP, Def and SpA, this guy is going on my teams, I honestly don't care at this point. :D

Muku

Well hell. Thank you guys. Going to have to look into leveling it when I can get back into it. Probably won't be able to level it until I catch Coballion but might save me a ton of trouble.

lupinko

Yeah that's what I did, I sent Capture Power Level 2 over to the AS LL from the X XL.

Since my Heatran has lol worthy speed, should I just double down on HP then?

The build I see on smogon is 180 HP / 252 SpA / 76 Spe, should I just go 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe instead or do the smogon build but switch 76 Spe with 76 SPD.

This Heatran will so join my team rotation of VGC shinies (Starly, Scyther, Bagon) and 5IV Flawless not-Shiny Latias.

Edit: WTF!!! Look what just hatched:

M04RPA0.jpg

Wow, that's the ultimate troll.

Bold 31/31/5/31/31/31

It came out hustle but I can ability capsule it to serene grace, I want to use it, but wow, this will be annoying to salvage.

I wanted this to be my follow me support.

Edit: this is going to my shiny collection only, sigh.

WarAdept

Was bored and thought I'd try out cloning in XY/ORAS to troll my brother with 6 Rayquazas. Holy hell, it's super hard to do. Spent nearly 3 hours last night trying with only 1 success.

I think I'd rather just play through the game again and catch the legendary in question, then transfer it to my Bank. At least I'll get some enjoyment out of that.

turbocat

I finally beat both FFVII and Chrono Trigger, both of which I was playing to record podcast episodes on, and today I can FINALLY get back to Pokemon. It's been too long!

I did end up SRing for a good shiny Raquaza, and I got the nature that I wanted, but the spread is nothing to write home about.

So today on my lunch break, I'll be hatching Squirtle eggs! If I had to guess, I've probably hatched about 2000ish thus far with MM and Shiny Charm to no avail.

lupinko, I don't know what your secret is, but if you could pass some of it my way, I would appreciate it!

Anyone have a bloody Mankey? I need to get Seismic Toss onto a Mawile so I can put it onto this Chansey that's in a cool ball and I'm too lazy to grab my 3DS XL and boot up Bank. If I have to I will though.

JoeM86

New Battle Competition

Trick or Treat
CQN3XL7WIAAGITp.jpg

Region: International
Registration Period: October 15th 2015 - October 22nd 2015
Battle Period: October 23rd 2015 - October 25th 2015
Battle Type: Double Battle
Battle Limits: 15 Battles per day
Pokémon Restrictions: Specific Pokémon.
Usable Pokémon: Rattata, Raticate, Ekans, Arbok, Pikachu, Zubat, Golbat, Paras, Parasect, Grimer, Muk, Gastly, Haunter, Gengar, Cubone, Marowak, Koffing, Weezing, Tangela, Mr. Mime, Ditto, Kabuto, Kabutops, Hoothoot, Noctowl, Spinarak, Ariados, Crobat, Umbreon, Murkrow, Misdreavus, Unown, Gligar, Granbull, Sneasel, Houndour, Houndoom, Mightyena, Dustox, Shiftry, Shedinja, Whismur, Loudred, Exploud, Sableye, Mawile, Gulpin, Swalot, Carvanha, Sharpedo, Cacnea, Cacturne, Seviper, Lunatone, Baltoy, Claydol, Shuppet, Banette, Duskull, Dusclops, Absol, Snorunt, Glalie, Drifloon, Drifblim, Mismagius, Honchkrow, Stunky, Skuntank, Spiritomb, Skorupi, Drapion, Croagunk, Toxicroak, Weavile, Tangrowth, Gliscor, Dusknoir, Froslass, Rotom, Purrloin, Liepard, Woobat, Swoobat, Venipede, Whirlipede, Scolipede, Basculin, Krokorok, Krookodile, Sigilyph, Yamask, Cofagrigus, Garbodor, Zorua, Zoroark, Gothita, Gothorita, Gothitelle, Frillish, Jellicent, Joltik, Galvantula, Elgyem, Beheeyem, Litwick, Lampent, Chandelure, Golurk, Zweilous, Hydreigon, Volcarona, Espurr, Meowstic, Honedge, Doublade, Aegislash, Malamar, Phantump, Trevenant, Pumpkaboo, Gourgeist, Noibat or Noivern.
Banned Pokémon: Pokémon not listed above. Pokémon not captured or hatched in X, Y, Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire
Banned Items: Mega Stones
Entry Gift: 10 Rare Candy

This is the Trick or Treat battle. It utilises various Pokémon deemed as scary in order to celebrate Halloween. It's a Double Battle competition and gives 10 Rare Candy if you participate in three or more battles

Before anybody starts plotting their Mega Gengar teams:

【どうぐについて】
この大会では、ポケモンに各種「メガストーン」を持たせることができません。

Can't use megastones in this tournament if I'm reading this right.

JoeM86

Before anybody starts plotting their Mega Gengar teams:

【どうぐについて】
この大会では、ポケモンに各種「メガストーン」を持たせることができません。

Can't use megastones in this tournament if I'm reading this right.

How did I miss that

It's such a shame the Growlithe/Arcanine shiny looks so unremarkable, it's my favourite Pokemon but I prefer the OG look.

I get tempted sometimes to breed a shiny Eevee family, but I don't have the willpower to attempt to get 9 shiny Eevee's. Maybe one day...

Zing

Banned
I will actually be able to participate in these Halloween battles. I just started the game not very long ago and am about halfway through the story. I should have some respectable Pokemon able to team up by then. Although, I'll have to specifically level some up as main team doesn't have any scary members.

lupinko

I've been trying hard to get shiny white Flabebe in one of my breeding projects.

I've caught two shinies in the wild before (red which was lost in last Spring's pokecalypse, and blue) for Flabebe but of course I'd actually like to use Florges in various teams.

Looking at bold white, calm blue HA, red modest and yellow I don't know yet.

Oh right I have a bunch of 5IV flawless white bold Flabebe with egg moves if anyone is interested.

It's why I'm hoarding shiny stones, and I want to run many Togekiss too.

Muku

I imagine it'll have another ID, but curious to see. I hope they do swap it up enough. I liked the Pumpkaboo last year and the Gengar during the time. Made for a nice Halloween celebrating with some ghosties. :)

Zing

Banned
I wish I had played this one before XY. XY had far, far too many Pokemon. I got overwhelmed. I did really enjoy the game, but ORAS is much more relaxing and fun overall.

So I've been rarely collecting GTS traded stats from the Pokemon global link website.

The counter appears to be broken as this has been the value (at least on my end) for at least 10 days: 207,871,839.

Maybe I'll crunch the few data points (410 over 18 months with loads of gaps and some uncertainty as the numbers properly update once an hour and old records don't have the hours listed) I have someday. Yes I'm missing all the important parts like ORAS launch so will be unable to conclude anything useful. I have a feeling about 10,000 trades an hour is a base pulse rate but it was down to around 6500 following one patch.

Top Bottom