• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

doop_

Banned
People are really shitting on his design in the gaming thread,I think it looks really cool. So are home hoopa and diancie a trio or independent.

I believe they are independent mons - Diancie is the Mew-like (aside from points moved into def/sdef, but remaining 600 BST), and Hoopa/Volcanion are just extras.

Muku

Oh god, they still do have Charizard Pikachu. Okay, I gotta find a way to get one now. Kicking myself I didn't get one before I left but moneyz. ;_; Because this Build-A-Bear version is just god awful.

lupinko

Oh god, they still do have Charizard Pikachu. Okay, I gotta find a way to get one now. Kicking myself I didn't get one before I left but moneyz. ;_; Because this Build-A-Bear version is just god awful.

It's a new Yzard chu, but still Yzardchu, there is also Xzard chu now.

Muku

Remember I still live here...

Could you PM me a list of those G3 safari zone mon?

I know. My problem is money at the moment still. Christmas takes all dat little money. Also, not idea how to even go about sending money for stuff like that now. :/

lupinko

I know. My problem is money at the moment still. Christmas takes all dat little money. Also, not idea how to even go about sending money for stuff like that now. :/

Oh whenever is fine, and you can just PayPal, that's how I'm helping another poke gaffer with an event OR. ;)

Edit: Oh right I discovered that you can get another Manaphy egg in Ranger. But you will need an external device to properly delete the game save (making a new save just overwrites the original which limits the cart to only 1 Manaphy egg).

Muku

Oh whenever is fine, and you can just PayPal, that's how I'm helping another poke gaffer with an event OR. ;)

Yeah, I don't PayPal anymore. I have an old account from way back when that I got access into again earlier this year, but after reading horror stories about it, just not sure I want to jump into that again.

lupinko

Yeah, I don't PayPal anymore. I have an old account from way back when that I got access into again earlier this year, but after reading horror stories about it, just not sure I want to jump into that again.

PayPal is still okay for me but I understand!

I can also accept trades like with Amazon.com (US) gift cards for example. Lol

Anyone else planning on participating in the 2016 VGC?

I just started researching teams today and I've decided that I am definitely way behind already. So many more options since the last time I played, so it's going to take a while to feel ready.

Firestorm

Anyone else planning on participating in the 2016 VGC?

I just started researching teams today and I've decided that I am definitely way behind already. So many more options since the last time I played, so it's going to take a while to feel ready.
I just slapped together some Pokemon on Showdown earlier to do my first battle. Watched a few friends play on Showdown too. Trying to figure out the Non-Restricted / Non-Mega slots is interesting.

Ahnez

I hope they give mega stones its own category in the next game

There are so many of them already lol its hard to navigate on the item category

Ahnez

Nope. Maxsoft/Singapore events are NA and JPN. Taiwan/Hong Kong events are PAL, JPN and TWN.

Ah cool

I guess it will be through that distribution site like hoopa/diancie/ray (wobox? it was something like this)

Its nice, I will try to get one

(At least in my head) Arceus is the single hardest event to get :p I will be happy if I get one

Muku

Cool, but I'm kinda sad it probably won't be shiny.

Taiwan and Korea only got non-shiny Arceus, so I suspect SEA are getting the same trreatment.

That said, I'd never said "no" to Arceus
on a pogo stick : P

Bwa hahaha.

Actually got Arceus back in last gen. So really hope it can potentially be shiny, but doubt it. I'll probably miss the event anyway. :(

Ah cool

I guess it will be through that distribution site like hoopa/diancie/ray (wobox? it was something like this)

Its nice, I will try to get one

(At least in my head) Arceus is the single hardest event to get :p I will be happy if I get one

Yeah, that would make the most sense. (It's Woobox, IIRC)

My hardest is Meloetta or Genesect; in fact, I'm missing Meloetta and it's the only mythical I need.

I have around 4 or 5 Arceus from the Japanese movie event during Summer, while trying to play the Shiny Arceus lottery.

Ahnez

Yeah, that would make the most sense. (It's Woobox, IIRC)

My hardest is Meloetta or Genesect; in fact, I'm missing Meloetta and it's the only mythical I need.

I have around 4 or 5 Arceus from the Japanese movie event during Summer, while trying to play the Shiny Arceus lottery.

Almost got the name right lol

Well, I don't really know :p I just think it is, I don't even know why

Is there a way to know the time it will begin? lol

I don't think it will last very long :p

If I remember correctly, previous similar distributions started at about 10:00am UTC. I don't think a time has been confirmed yet though. It will definitely not last very long, the shortest Woobox event lasted only 14 minutes.

I'm sure someone will post here if a time gets confirmed later though.

Does anyone have any 5IV Legendaries already? I would normally try to catch my own, but I foolishly already captured about 80% of the competitive ones, because I assumed that they would never be legal for tournaments.

I'm almost considering starting a new save file on my Ruby, but I figured I would give this a chance first.

lupinko

Does anyone have any 5IV Legendaries already? I would normally try to catch my own, but I foolishly already captured about 80% of the competitive ones, because I assumed that they would never be legal for tournaments.

I'm almost considering starting a new save file on my Ruby, but I figured I would give this a chance first.

I have a 5IV flawless Timid Latias that I took almost forever to SR for, 0-3 Atk (the stat not needed). Not shiny but meh, I can go for a shiny Gen 6 Latias some other time.

I also have my OG Emerald Mild Shiny Latias still. <3

Hatchtag

Banned
I have a digital copy of Alpha Sapphire. How would I go about changing the SD card it's on without losing all my save data? i mean, i got the national pokedex filled up and all. I think the SD card's bugged because it doesn't work at all and smash sometimes doesn't work.

I've been slacking. Only thing I remember having is a flawless Latios, but that's easy since it has a 100% sync rate.

I have all the box legendaries uncaught (including Rayquaza), but I'm lazy to SR for them >___<

I'm not opposed to begging for what I need (obviously), but I would prefer to contribute if I can. If we have a few people interested though, it wouldn't be a horrible idea to maybe pool our efforts a bit. That way we could split up some of the time and effort that it takes to SR for all of these.

But yeah, I'm definitely going to do a LOT more testing on Showdown before starting to SR. I made the mistake of breeding a lot of stuff last time and then didn't even use 90% of it for my actual team.

backlot

I plan to just beg online for everything but got none on hand right now. Will prototype on Showdown first. I really wanna use Lugia for old times' sake...

This is what's topping the ladder right now: http://scrublab.blogspot.ca/2015/12/1214-top-50-showdown-vgc-2016-teams.html

(hey look who's only on 5 teams yet everyone who doesn't play competitively freaked out about when the ruleset was announced)

I'd love to see some write ups on Crobat and Ditto. Really cool to see them in VGC.

Azuran

Banned
I plan to just beg online for everything but got none on hand right now. Will prototype on Showdown first. I really wanna use Lugia for old times' sake...

This is what's topping the ladder right now: http://scrublab.blogspot.ca/2015/12/1214-top-50-showdown-vgc-2016-teams.html

(hey look who's only on 5 teams yet everyone who doesn't play competitively freaked out about when the ruleset was announced)

It's obvious that most people that complain about competitive play don't actually play the game. I always knew Rayquaza was going to be underwhelming in Doubles seeing how everything is bulkier and has protect.

The fact that Yveltal seems to be finding success is actually making me want to build a team around him. I thought he was going to be terrible with Xerneas being a popular pick in this format.

Firestorm

I'd love to see some write ups on Crobat and Ditto. Really cool to see them in VGC.
Ditto is bugged on Showdown right now I believe. Primal Reversion should activate after Imposter so Ditto can currently turn into Primal Kyogre and Groudon when it should only be turning into the regular formes.

For Crobat, Scott's been hypin it up with Inner Focus / Quick Guard / Taunt / Tailwind / Super Fang: https://twitter.com/NBNostrom/status/676584651104739329

Ditto is bugged on Showdown right now I believe. Primal Reversion should activate after Imposter so Ditto can currently turn into Primal Kyogre and Groudon when it should only be turning into the regular formes.

For Crobat, Scott's been hypin it up with Inner Focus / Quick Guard / Taunt / Tailwind / Super Fang: https://twitter.com/NBNostrom/status/676584651104739329

I had been thinking about Crobat as well. I really like that set and it also takes care of a lot of the problems my current team idea has. I'll definitely be trying that out.

Carl7

ebevan91

Try to go to one of the nicer McDonalds.

It was just remodeled a few months ago. Has nice seats, big screen TVs, and everything. Double drive through. It says it has wifi there but I just wasn't picking it up on my 3DS. Others in the restaurant were using wifi so I'm guessing it was a problem with the 3DS.

Closest McDonald's after that is like 20 minutes away. This one's only about 3.

The Facebook distribution for the recent Hong Kong/Taiwan shiny Jirachi has been announced. It will be distributed on Dec. 23rd at 10:30UTC. Like the Arceus event it is unlikely to last longer than 30 minutes. It will be available for consoles with the PAL, JPN and TWN regions.

Source: http://www.nintendo.tw/event/pokemon_event_2015jirachi.htm

Phew, I was worried it'd be after Christmas. Expect regular reminders from me during the day of the distribution : )

Also, I think you meant "Diancie" not "Arceus". Unless you were referring to Maxsoft Arceus, but I'm fairly confident that'll last longer than 30 mins, since it's scheduled for multiple days.

Phew, I was worried it'd be after Christmas. Expect regular reminders from me during the day of the distribution : )

Also, I think you meant "Diancie" not "Arceus". Unless you were referring to Maxsoft Arceus, but I'm fairly confident that'll last longer than 30 mins, since it's scheduled for multiple days.
Possibly, but the Arceus Facebook post says there are limited codes and knowing this community, I don't think it will last very long. It's best to expect the worst or people might miss the event. :)

Top Bottom