• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Has shiny Jirachi ever been distributed outside PAL regions? :p
This gen there has been this event as well as two shiny Jirachi events in Japan (1 local, 1 serial code). Korea and North America haven't had one yet.

Although way back in Gen 3 you could theoretically get a shiny WISHMKR Jirachi but the chance of that actually happening is 1/67,000,000 and it wasn't intended so TPC blocked all Shiny Jirachi through that transporter app.

Possibly, but the Arceus Facebook post says there are limited codes and knowing this community, I don't think it will last very long. It's best to expect the worst or people might miss the event. :)

Makes sense. Yeah, I'd recommend jumping on the distributions ASAP because Pokemon fans everywhere are hungering for mythical events XD

lupinko

This gen there has been this event as well as two shiny Jirachi events in Japan (1 local, 1 serial code). Korea and North America haven't had one yet.

Although way back in Gen 3 you could theoretically get a shiny WISHMKR Jirachi but the chance of that actually happening is 1/67,000,000 and it wasn't intended so TPC blocked all Shiny Jirachi through that transporter app.

I think TPC removed that lock recently, and the NA Colosseum Bonus disc can be RNGed in tandem with RS carts.

You're right about everything else though.

It was just remodeled a few months ago. Has nice seats, big screen TVs, and everything. Double drive through. It says it has wifi there but I just wasn't picking it up on my 3DS. Others in the restaurant were using wifi so I'm guessing it was a problem with the 3DS.

Closest McDonald's after that is like 20 minutes away. This one's only about 3.

https://www.reddit.com/r/3DS/comments/3uiprl/get_hoopa_with_out_mcdonalds_by_changing_your/

TL;DR: if you have a phone with data or a wireless router, change your SSID to "McDonalds Free WiFi" without a password, connect to it with your 3DS, voila Hoopa.

Ahnez

Oh right.

Looking on the serebii database, looks like shiny jirachi never happened in america

Even though I don't have any PAL game, if the distribution is not region-locked I will try to get one code anyway lol why not

Also talking about region lock - Is there anything noteworthy on maxsoft's facebook page? :p why they even put a ragion lock on their facebook page?

Oh right.

Even though I don't have any PAL game, if the distribution is not region-locked I will try to get one code anyway lol why not

Also talking about region lock - Is there anything noteworthy on maxsoft's facebook page? :p why they even put a ragion lock on their facebook page?

Only noteworthy new thing is that they confirmed Arceus' moveset as being Judgement, Perish Song, Hyper Beam and Recover which is different to the analogous Japanese and Taiwanese events. They also hosted the Volcanion reveal video but didn't announce any events in relation to it.

They probably put a region lock in place to stop people from Europe and America getting codes from their events. Hasn't stopped us so far though.

Muku

They lock it down so rest of world doesn't dip into it. But you know, if rest of the world would get these events, folks would be less likely to be going for them. :/ I hope I can nab the one coming up, but doubt it due to work. (Not sure what time PST it'll go up live.)

They lock it down so rest of world doesn't dip into it. But you know, if rest of the world would get these events, folks would be less likely to be going for them. :/ I hope I can nab the one coming up, but doubt it due to work. (Not sure what time PST it'll go up live.)
There are two coming up. Arceus at an unknown time on Dec. 21 and Shiny Jirachi at 2:30am PST on Dec. 23.

Ahnez

OHH I think I got it

They post the link to the distribution site on their facebook, so only those who can see it can claim the codes

Its not really a very safe method lol

Muku

There are two coming up. Arceus at an unknown time on Dec. 21 and Shiny Jirachi at 2:30am PST on Dec. 23.

Crap, thought it'd be really early. Yeah, guess the shiny Jirachi isn't happening. :( Thank you. More wanted the Jirachi. Though hoping the Arceus will be possible shiny lottery.

I knew about that trick. Just worried about using it because if I do it, I want everything to be back to how it was once I finish. Same password, SSID, everything.
Not sure why you would need that but as long as you write down, memorize or otherwise record your SSID and Password you can simply change them back when you've finished.

lupinko

Singapore (and other SE Asian countries) use both North American and Japanese games, hence why those codes can work with games from the Americas.

HK/Taiwan use Japanese games but because of HK's former history of being a British colony, I take it that there are still PAL sales there too. But there is some tricky locking involved as a PAL game set to a language not English (I don't know if it applies to Japanese too, PAL help out here) will not be able to redeem said serial codes.

Also woohoo I'm almost in the same time zone as HK and Singapore. :D

Singapore (and other SE Asian countries) use both North American and Japanese games, hence why those codes can work with games from the Americas.

HK/Taiwan use Japanese games but because of HK's former history of being a British colony, I take it that there are still PAL sales there too. But there is some tricky locking involved as a PAL game set to a language not English (I don't know if it applies to Japanese too, PAL help out here) will not be able to redeem said serial codes.

Also woohoo I'm almost in the same time zone as HK and Singapore. :D
English, Japanese and Korean all work.

Muku

Well, ya never know. Maybe somebody here will be able to work some magic ; )

I hope they don't have like the one time where someone was able to generate a bunch of codes all at once then threw them up on pastebin, LOL. I hope so though. Would be better if this stuff came up on weekend. :p

Carl7

Yvetals sucker punch is completely broken, people are using it with sunglasses and it OHKOs most physical attackers. I think mold breaker should neutralize ALL abilities, not just a few...

The format is hyper centralized to the point that people can get away with using niche Pokemon like Crobat. I don't think anyone didn't expect that to happen.

Yeah, this is basically what made me excited about the format to begin with. I think we're definitely going to see a couple of the same Pokemon on every team, but I expect team diversity overall to actually be higher than last year.

The format is hyper centralized to the point that people can get away with using niche Pokemon like Crobat. I don't think anyone didn't expect that to happen.
Have you not read the NB thread?

...If you haven't, don't. Certain posts in that thread will make you very sad. But yeah I expected some crazy niche stuff due to 3 of your mons being the same every game with most teams.

backlot

Have you not read the NB thread?

...If you haven't, don't. Certain posts in that thread will make you very sad. But yeah I expected some crazy niche stuff due to 3 of your mons being the same every game with most teams.

Yeah, I've read it. Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of the format at this point.

Yeah, I've read it. Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of the format at this point.
I might get really into this format but that's only so I can go to some of the PCs in my area. That and in case Firestorm hosts a VGC '16 GAF tourney.

But otherwise... Eh, I'll probably just mostly continue to feed my newly found Medarot addiction for now.

Azuran

Banned
Yvetals sucker punch is completely broken, people are using it with sunglasses and it OHKOs most physical attackers. I think mold breaker should neutralize ALL abilities, not just a few...

Mold Breaker doesn't neutralize abilities when an opposing Pokemon is attacking. A Pokemon that's able to neutralize all abilities sounds OP as hell.

What ability is it not neutralizing?

Supposedly Fairy Aura and Dark Aura but Mold Breaker has never stopped abilities like that from working.

Firestorm

Ah. Yeah. It allows you to attack through any ability. It doesn't stop abilities from working. I thought maybe there were exceptions to the rule that I didn't know about.

I could consider a VGC '16 tournament to either kick off the new year or start around February-ish?

KingDirk

Man why on earth does Eevee have to have skewed gender ratio...anybody got an HA Eevee with good IVs (heh) they'd be willing to trade? Still sitting on my mountain of Mudkips and other sundry breeding leftovers.

CB Groudon
Adamant, 140 HP/156 Atk/204 Speed
Blades/Sleep Talk

-max attack Primal Groudon 3HKOs with Blades w/o crit
-OHKOs 4/0 Primal Groudon if you don't miss with Blades
-Sleep Talk because come on you're just spamming Blades anyways

#BadIdeas

Carl7

Mold Breaker doesn't neutralize abilities when an opposing Pokemon is attacking. A Pokemon that's able to neutralize all abilities sounds OP as hell.

Supposedly Fairy Aura and Dark Aura but Mold Breaker has never stopped abilities like that from working.

Can mega-gyarados hit groundon with water attacks?

Seil

Can mega-gyarados hit groundon with water attacks?

Certainly, anything can actually. It's Primal Groudon that's able to completely negate water type attacks, and it's not actually its ability that does so but the weather condition it causes. Mold Breaker has no effect on weather conditions, only abilities that directly affect the damage of the user of Mold Breaker.

For example, it allows Ground type moves to affect a Pokemon with Levitate, because the ability would be getting in the way.

It also disables abilities that positively affect the damage of the user's attack, though. Dry Skin is ignored, even when it would be a boost to the user's damage due to using a Fire type attack, for example.

Muku

Man why on earth does Eevee have to have skewed gender ratio...anybody got an HA Eevee with good IVs (heh) they'd be willing to trade? Still sitting on my mountain of Mudkips and other sundry breeding leftovers.

I have a 6IV male Eevee with HA if interested.

c-murph

Started breeding again.

Wanna attempt the battle maison. I just breed a 5IV Adamant Pinsir with Quick Attack. I have a 5IV Jolly Truant Durant from my X/Y days.

Plan on doing a Jolly Garchomp carrying Life Orb next.

Are there any egg moves I want to put on him before I begin? Seems like anything I may want to teach (Outrage, Stealth Rock, Iron Head...) him I can do through ORAS Move tutors now.

Egg Moves - Body slam, Rock climb, Sand tomb? Do I want? Need in general?

Any Battle Maison experts with tips?

Also, Just downloaded Three Hoopas on to my X/Y/AS by changing my SSID. Yay!

lupinko

Started breeding again.

Wanna attempt the battle maison. I just breed a 5IV Adamant Pinsir with Quick Attack. I have a 5IV Jolly Truant Durant from my X/Y days.

Plan on doing a Jolly Garchomp carrying Life Orb next.

Are there any egg moves I want to put on him before I begin? Seems like anything I may want to teach (Outrage, Stealth Rock, Iron Head...) him I can do through ORAS Move tutors now.

Egg Moves - Body slam, Rock climb, Sand tomb? Do I want? Need in general?

Any Battle Maison experts with tips?

Also, Just downloaded Three Hoopas on to my X/Y/AS by changing my SSID. Yay!

I can just give you a 5IV Gible with egg moves, easier to breed or use already, I have them with all abilities too, and in dream balls if you want your own, so yes females too.

KingDirk

I can just give you a 5IV Gible with egg moves, easier to breed or use already, I have them with all abilities too, and in dream balls if you want your own, so yes females too.

Man I will hop on this Gible train. Still have no Garchompite, but hopefully Z won't have insane requirements or I'll get around to playing Y at the right time.

Muku

I see folks on FB claiming the Arceus. This time around I cannot get the page to load though.

Edit: They have woobox IP block now too without saying it? "Check back soon for our fan offer." is all I get. Doesn't say they're out. Doesn't say blocked like their FB page. So not even sure what to make out of it.

NEVERMIND! Someone was giving out a bad link. THIS is the right link for Arceus from Maxsoft! :D

I'm going to assume no chance of shiny on this one? I stupidly redeemed mine on AS, in which I'm still SRing Cresselia. Shoulda done it on my JPN copy, ugh, haha. Ah well.

lupinko

I got one Arceus, seeing if my friends can nab me others.

Edit: I asked Maxsoft for shiny Celebi. Lol

I should have asked for Shiny Meloetta.

lupinko

This :(

But yes lupinko if you could hook me up then that would be awesome.

One of my left over Dialgas or do you want me to do a new one? I was going to set up that one cart for RNG (I'd have to play through it), so me wiping it would delay that. Oh wait I just remembered, DR is not region err I think it is maybe region locked for the US one? I know the Japanese one isn't, I'd have to check.

I'm going to say yes though for both, sorry for the 6th gen one but I can give you any of my spares (let me check) or keep farming until I get the nature you want.

Nah, if I want a DR one I can RNG it myself. :p

It's fine, I'll just use a Pressure Dialga. I really just wanted to know if there was a Telepathy Dialga available so I knew whether or not that was an option when teambuilding. Thanks for answering that for me, because if you of all people don't have a spare then I shouldn't count on being able to get one. lol

Top Bottom