• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Seil

I only caught Kyogre and Rayquaza LOL

At least Reshiram is a mirage spot one

No, the problem is that they are hard to capture, and SRing takes too long :p

But one of those two has a high catch rate in ORAS lol. But yeah SRing it is no fun at all.

entremet

I only caught Kyogre and Rayquaza LOL

At least Reshiram is a mirage spot one

No, the problem is that they are hard to capture, and SRing takes too long :p

This is why I can't stand more legendaries in the meta. You need to do time consuming stuff like SR to get a competitive mon.

JoeM86

. Illegal Pokémon
4.1. Illegally Manipulated Pokémon
o The use of external devices, such as a mobile app, to modify or create items or Pokémon in a player’s Battle Box is expressly forbidden. Players found to have Pokémon or items that have been tampered with will be disqualified from competition, regardless of whether the Pokémon or items belong to that player or were traded for.
4.2. Electronic Hack Checking
o A player’s Battle Box may be checked at any time for illegal Pokémon using an electronic hack check. o If you are unable to connect to the Internet due to device error or are blacklisted from game online functionality you will not be able to participate in the event.
4.3. Manual Hack Checking
o A player’s Battle Box may be manually checked by an organizer or a judge for known hacks as outlined in the appendix below. Only hacks outlined in the Manual Hack Checking Appendix or uncovered through the electronic hack check may be penalized.
4.4. Reporting Suspected Hacks
o Suspected new hacks should be reported to Pokémon Organized Play (POP) through Customer Support – support.pokemon.com
5. Manual Hack Checking Appendix This appendix outlines known hacks which are not currently caught by the electronic hack check.
5.1. Case 1 – Severe Tier 2
o Any of the following Pokémon (with the blue pentagon) that has the listed Hidden Ability
 Landorus: Sheer Force
 Thundurus: Defiant
 Tornadus: Defiant
5.2. Case 2 – Severe Tier 2
o Any Legendary or Mythical Pokémon (with the blue pentagon) that has Hidden Power as a Fighting-type move
5.3. Case 3 – Severe Tier 1
o Any of these Pokémon (with the blue pentagon) that is also shiny  Articuno  Zapdos  Moltres
5.4. Case 4 – Severe Tier 1
o Any Pokémon that lists “From: Day Care helpers” on its summary screen and that is contained in a Master Ball or a Cherish Ball
5.5. Case 5 – Severe Tier 1
o Any of these Pokémon (with the blue pentagon) that has the following real level
o Volcarona under Lv. 59
o Hydreigon under Lv. 64
 Under level 59 if obtained on Victory Road
o Dragonite under Lv. 55
o Mandibuzz under Lv. 54
o Goodra under Lv. 55
o Braviary under Lv. 54
 Under Lv. 45 if obtained while using Soar
o Bisharp under level 52
 Under Lv. 50 if traded for in Snowbelle City
http://support.pokemon.com/FileManagement/Download/07294296edc545bca57c76266cef60fe
Thank god, they're showing that they're serious about hack checks at VGC events. I love that they'll not let you in if you're banned from the PGL. I don't like the part in 4.3 though :/

http://support.pokemon.com/FileManagement/Download/07294296edc545bca57c76266cef60fe
Thank god, they're showing that they're serious about hack checks at VGC events. I love that they'll not let you in if you're banned from the PGL. I don't like the part in 4.3 though :/

They would only show that they are serious about hack checking if the electronic legality checker was any good. Unfortunately the need for manual checks indicates that the electronic legality check is as bad as ever.

entremet

A thought the hacks were so good that it's almost impossible to tell them apart?

At least before the QR exploit was patched?

It tricks GTS and Battle Spot.

Firestorm

Unless you're a moron and using things like a mobile app or QR code yeah it's impossible for the hack check to tell you're hacking unless you do something really stupid. The document covers some things we know 100% are not possible in the game. If there are others that can be verified beyond a shadow of a doubt as impossible, then it can be updated for future as well.

Unless you're a moron and using things like a mobile app or QR code yeah it's impossible for the hack check to tell you're hacking unless you do something really stupid. The document covers some things we know 100% are not possible in the game. If there are others that can be verified beyond a shadow of a doubt as impossible, then it can be updated for future as well.

I'm surprised there's nothing about Gen 6 Dream Balls... especially when they covered Master and Cherish Balls.

Seil

I'm surprised there's nothing about Gen 6 Dream Balls... especially when they covered Master and Cherish Balls.

They covered Master and Cherish because they can't be passed down in breeding. Dream Balls are passed down. It specifically states it's for Pokemon obtained from the daycare, even.

Carl7

VGC 2016 will fail not because it has a terrible metagame( it still debatable), but because very few people can actually get legit mons or will even bother trying.

I'm not against cheating in Pokemon, I don't care. The problem is that if it comes to a point where you NEED IT , then I would rather play something else.

backlot

VGC 2016 will fail not because it has a terrible metagame( it still debatable), but because very few people can actually get legit mons or will even bother trying.

I'm not against cheating in Pokemon, I don't care. The problem is that if it comes to a point where you NEED IT , then I would rather play something else.

Most people used at least two legends for VGC on their team last year. It's not really any different.

I stopped before Hawaii hit midnight. Apparently Mew is being given out with the Japanese 2DS VC bundles.
It will also be given out to those who buy the Japanese Gen 1 VC games. I'm happy there is finally a Mew event, it's been over five years I think. Hopefully it will come to the west.

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/VCAMAP/present/

Also, the Delibird codes are now being given out on the Pokemon Global Link to those who participated in the Festive Feud and took part in three full battles. Just log into the PGL and you should see a notification about it when you select the game that you played with.

lupinko

Thanks linkandzelda!

I guess I only need to buy one 2DS or all four.

I can get multiple VC games since I have two JP 3DS or it'll be three with that blue 2DS. Lmao

And I caught Bulbasaur.

aHNvEJO.jpg

They covered Master and Cherish because they can't be passed down in breeding. Dream Balls are passed down. It specifically states it's for Pokemon obtained from the daycare, even.

Sorry, that wasn't my logic.

I meant they must have heard the complaints about, say, Dream Ball Aegislash at last, last year's VGC and I'm slightly baffled they didn't add a hack check against Kalos dex Pokemon inside Dream Balls.

My point about the Master and Cherish Balls is simply that they're aware balls can be hacked.

Muku

Thanks linkandzelda!

I guess I only need to buy one 2DS or all four.

I can get multiple VC games since I have two JP 3DS or it'll be three with that blue 2DS. Lmao

And I caught Bulbasaur.

aHNvEJO.jpg

OH mah Arceus!! That is so freaking adorable! :O

Seil

Sorry, that wasn't my logic.

I meant they must have heard the complaints about, say, Dream Ball Aegislash at last, last year's VGC and I'm slightly baffled they didn't add a hack check against Kalos dex Pokemon inside Dream Balls.

My point about the Master and Cherish Balls is simply that they're aware balls can be hacked.

Ah gotcha. Yeah they should add something about Pokemon that can't be in dream balls. Not even Pikachu can be in a dream ball with a pentagon mark. I think there was a male HA distribution that was sent to the entree deal and could be caught in one though.

I think all Gen 1-4 Pokemon except Pikachu and starters can be bred in dream balls, a good chunk of Gen V can't and obviously Gen VI can't. Obviously also excluding legendaries and male-only/genderless since they can't be bred in anything but a Pokeball.

c-murph

So, if I have a (presumably hacked lol) shiny 6IV female Gothitelle in a love ball that I got in a trade and use it to breed other 5/6IV Gothitelles in Love balls... those are illegal?

StoneFox

So, if I have a (presumably hacked lol) shiny 6IV female Gothitelle in a love ball that I got in a trade and use it to breed other 5/6IV Gothitelles in Love balls... those are illegal?
In my opinion, no, but it depends if Game Freak considers generated mons different from those that just happened to be bred from generated mons. I use a hacked 6IV Ditto to breed with and not once did the GTS or Battle Spot throw up a red flag, so I consider them legal. It seems like a gray area up to the judges.

In my opinion, no, but it depends if Game Freak considers generated mons different from those that just happened to be bred from generated mons. I use a hacked 6IV Ditto to breed with and not once did the GTS or Battle Spot throw up a red flag, so I consider them legal. It seems like a gray area up to the judges.

So long as the Pokemon produced can conceivably be produced exactly the same through normal gameplay, then it is legal. All legal means is that it can be produced without hacking. There is no grey area between legality and illegality. The grey is whether it is hacked or legitimate. Some would consider it hacked, others legitimate. But that is irrelevant to competitions because there is no way to tell whether a legal Pokemon is hacked or legitimate.

Muku

Think I covered everyone in this thread who said they got a shiny Jirachi code but could not redeem it themselves. If someone pops in this thread and realizes they're in the same situation, send me a PM and I'll help ya out. Just note that your Jirachi will be in JPN if that matters.

Merry Christmas PokeGAF! :)

c-murph

Think I covered everyone in this thread who said they got a shiny Jirachi code but could not redeem it themselves. If someone pops in this thread and realizes they're in the same situation, send me a PM and I'll help ya out. Just note that your Jirachi will be in JPN if that matters.

Merry Christmas PokeGAF! :)

Oh, Muku, are you available to trade today?

Hegarol

As I am not only an avid Pokemon but also an item collector, I am looking for more Relic Gold exclusive to the PGL Delibird.

Can provide almost any other item as a tradeoff.

Muku

dncXyrl.jpg

Mega Tokyo is huge! But I still like Tohoku better.

Hah I was just thinking "Woah, that looks so familiar..." That would be why. XD Went there mid/end of February before leaving. It's massive compared to the other ones. It's cool, but only because selection was bigger. I got a phone/tablet/3DS dongle when I was there for my leaving present. Pikachu on Fuji-san. But I wasn't totally a fan of the layout.

As I am not only an avid Pokemon but also an item collector, I am looking for more Relic Gold exclusive to the PGL Delibird.

Can provide almost any other item as a tradeoff.

I honestly never realised there were item collectors. But isn't it kind of tough since you can hack in items without leaving a trace?

Muku

I honestly never realised there were item collectors. But isn't it kind of tough since you can hack in items without leaving a trace?

Same, I can't say I'm shocked. We all get something different out of Pokemon which is why I love the series so much.

Why are you looking for more Relic Gold, Hega? Just curious. I don't know anything about it.

Hegarol

Well I usually don't trade items because of this problem. I have one of every item in my version all of them collected by myself ;)

But this is a case where its impossible for me to get more than one.

Why are you looking for more Relic Gold, Hega? Just curious. I don't know anything about it.
I want an item dex in every version same as a living pokedex. I have one Relic for AS but need another for X :D

Muku

Well I usually don't trade items because of this problem. I have one of every item in my version all of them collected by myself ;)

But this is a case where its impossible for me to get more than one.

I don't care so much about the item. But I do have a Delibird to collect. Just waiting on damn Cresselia to stop hating me. :( But once I claim it, if you'd like to have its item, you're welcome to it. Delibird will be going into Bank once I claim it anyway.

entremet

So Mew is getting distributed in Japan to coincide with the boxed VC releases of Gen 1, he's included in the packaging via a code--for both Gen 1 and Gen 6.

Hopefully, we get him too. I'm missing him and his distribution has been pretty rare.

Muku

So Mew is getting distributed in Japan to coincide with the boxed VC releases of Gen 1, he's included in the packaging via a code--for both Gen 1 and Gen 6.

Hopefully, we get him too. I'm missing him and his distribution has been pretty rare.

It has. But then some wiseass on FB was like "WHERE WERE YOU DURING HG/SS FOR HIS DISTRO?!" I'm thinking wow, so that makes it okay not to have him again more recently for folks in general? Ugh. Plus I'm pretty sure most of us didn't have the info we have today to keep tabs on events for stuff like that.

Would love to see a Mew, a Meloetta (yeah I know, I missed it *sigh*), and Manaphy. Funny how they end up all starting with M. Also in that order. But hearing the Mew for the event in Japan, hope that means something here. Even if it does it'll probably be some bundle here too, which I don't need/want a 2DS. :(

lupinko

Hey lupinko you should get like 10 of the Pokemon 2DS and give away the spare codes here~

I would just keep them all to myself though. Lol

It has. But then some wiseass on FB was like "WHERE WERE YOU DURING HG/SS FOR HIS DISTRO?!" I'm thinking wow, so that makes it okay not to have him again more recently for folks in general? Ugh. Plus I'm pretty sure most of us didn't have the info we have today to keep tabs on events for stuff like that.

Would love to see a Mew, a Meloetta (yeah I know, I missed it *sigh*), and Manaphy. Funny how they end up all starting with M. Also in that order. But hearing the Mew for the event in Japan, hope that means something here. Even if it does it'll probably be some bundle here too, which I don't need/want a 2DS. :(

<3 that legit movie Meloetta I got in that used copy of Black 2 at Geo.

Ahnez

Well.. At least we know that, if those games are released here with those bundles, maybe theres a chance of this event happening here too.. lol

You get the mew code if you purchase the original vc games, right?
Yes, for XYORAS. It has only been confirmed for Japan but it will almost certainly come to all regions.

The RGBY event on the other hand is exclusive to the 2DS bundle and is less likely to come to the West.

Yes, for XYORAS. It has only been confirmed for Japan but it will almost certainly come to all regions.

The RGBY event on the other hand is exclusive to the 2DS bundle and is less likely to come to the West.

I'm hopeful the Gen 1 Mew event will come to the West, but it may be handled differently (otherwise people will complain about not completing their Pokedex in RBY). That's just my guess anyway.

entremet

So if they're giving away Mew for the VC versions, does this mean that bug was patched?

Hmmm.

Or does it just mean that they want an official distribution for officialness sakes?

Relying on an esoteric bug to get the only event legend for Gen 1 is a bit ghetto lol.

Top Bottom