• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

tiijj

So if they're giving away Mew for the VC versions, does this mean that bug was patched?

Hmmm.

Or does it just mean that they want an official distribution for officialness sakes?

Relying on an esoteric bug to get the only event legend for Gen 1 is a bit ghetto lol.

In Japan, they are giving away Mew code for the original version and for XYORAS.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=190385508&postcount=127

I thought you can only get the mew code if you buy any of the 2DS bundle, I ordered three LOL. Luckily you can get it (according to people here) from buying/downloading the vc. Save me some money LOL

In Japan, they are giving away Mew code for the original version and for XYORAS.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=190385508&postcount=127

I thought you can only get the mew code if you buy any of the 2DS bundle, I ordered three LOL. Luckily you can get it (according to people here) from buying/downloading the vc. Save me some money LOL

Everything I've heard says that downloading/buying the eShop version only gets you the XYORAS code.

To get a Mew for the original version you need to buy the 2DS bundle to get a pass. Additionally the pass then has to be given to a local store in Japan where a Mew will then be manually traded to your game.

Sources:
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/VCAMAP/2ds/
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/VCAMAP/present/

Then again I could be wrong as I'm relying on translations.

tiijj

I guess, I really didn't care about the original vc games. I only want mew on ORAS, since it can be stored on the pokebank for future pokemon games. Although, we're not sure if the vc ones can be traded or stored on the pokebank, highly likely it can't. Anyway, I didn't read much about. You're most likely correct.

I should've been clear that I was referring to the 2DS bundle. The only reason why I'm interested in vc right now is that I can get mew for ORAS LOL.

lupinko

When I get home I'm going to preorder the Blue 2DS bundle at PC Tohoku, maybe buy the other three at other stores.

And then buy many copies of VC version for codes
to keep for myself

Pokemon is probably the only reason why it's justified to have multiple consoles. Lol

...You're going to buy a full set of games on each Japanese console you own, aren't you?

I'll be buying JPN Blue for my Mew though. Been interested in that version for a long time but there was no practical legal way to play it.

Hegarol

I will buy both Red and Yellow on my 3DS and Blue on my second one.

Lets hope I will get three Mew codes by that :)

@Lupinko: Did you check for another Zorua egg to hatch?

lupinko

I will buy both Red and Yellow on my 3DS and Blue on my second one.

Lets hope I will get three Mew codes by that :)

@Lupinko: Did you check for another Zorua egg to hatch?

I'll check when I get back to my computer, I'm on holiday right now in Tokyo and Yokohama.

Gruco

Banned
So, I lost my 3DS about a year ago and have been out of the Pokemon scene since. Thanks to Pokemon Bank, I didn't end up losing too much, just enough to get a little frustrated. Just realized I missed the Hoopa event and am vaguely interested in trying to catch up again. Can anyone help me with any of the following:

Hoopa, Shaymin, Celebi, Jirachi, Diancie, Contrary Serperior, or a breeding Ditto? Happy to help with anything people are looking for.

Muku

I mainly ask as I want some kind of way to try to farm a shiny Ditto. I know chaining is probably best, but I get too frustrated with that that I'm not going to even bother. :(

Edit: Cresselia has made it quite clear that 2015 is not her year. What an asshat. :( Hopefully in 2016...

Muku

Speaking of upcoming redemption times, when does the Maxsoft Arceus and Shiny Jirachi ones end? I have already claimed mine but curious.

Ahnez

Well we survived a whole numbered year without a mainline pokemon release

.. I just began with this series with X - what happened to me? lol

Ahnez

You started with X? :O You going to pick up the VC origial games? :)

I will try :p

Its hard to me to use eshop, with no credit card that works and no way to buy prepaid cards, I have to ask friends to buy things to me with their cards..

And, well.. Technically I started with diamond, but it didn't click back then - I just finished the story and stopped lol

Muku

With shiny charm it's what, 1/5xxx or something, right? So darn tired from work I can't even think straight. And Cresselia is pissing me off.

Edit: I know it cuts it down for breeding and wild Pokemon, and I assume the # for wild runs with legendaries too, right? Since well, they're in the wild. Though think it's 3xxx something for wild. Though #'s changed for XY so I feel kind of lost. I am just trying to figure out how much Cressie is trying to break my will. Is it sad I keep the Serebii page open of Cresselia just to remind myself one day it'll show in that green color?

Seil

With shiny charm it's what, 1/5xxx or something, right? So darn tired from work I can't even think straight. And Cresselia is pissing me off.

Edit: I know it cuts it down for breeding and wild Pokemon, and I assume the # for wild runs with legendaries too, right? Since well, they're in the wild. Though think it's 3xxx something for wild. Though #'s changed for XY so I feel kind of lost. I am just trying to figure out how much Cressie is trying to break my will. Is it sad I keep the Serebii page open of Cresselia just to remind myself one day it'll show in that green color?

Gen VI doubled the base rate, improving it from 1/8192 to 1/4096. I think we still don't actually know the effects of Shiny Charm and Masuda Method etc for Gen VI, though there's evidence pointing toward rates just being double previous generations in general, so Shiny Charm on wild Pokemon would be roughly 3/4096. So like 1/1365, in theory.

Edit: For the sake of it: The Shiny Charm previously worked by adding 2/8192 to the rate, bringing it to 3/8192, or ~1/2731 rounding up. From what we can tell, it feels like it still behaves this way, still adding 2, just 2/4096 instead.

Muku

Gen VI doubled the base rate, improving it from 1/8192 to 1/4096. I think we still don't actually know the effects of Shiny Charm and Masuda Method etc for Gen VI, though there's evidence pointing toward rates just being double previous generations in general, so Shiny Charm on wild Pokemon would be roughly 3/4096. So like 1/1364, in theory.

Okay, thank you. I remember it being fuzzy for not really knowing actual effects of it all. Wasn't sure if that was still same. Not surprised. Hm okay, in theory sounds good on paper. Just hope this ends up being my longest one. 1/1364 is promising, but seems a bit low. At least feels low for the legendaries I've tackled so far. But maybe it's my luck as well.

c-murph

Started breeding Eevees this morning and ended up with two shinies practically back to back, within like 20-25 eggs of each other.

One is male in a heal ball with Perfect 4IVs and Run Away. The other is female in a heal ball with 5 Perfect IVs (-SpA) and Anticipation. Both are Bold with egg moves Wish, Yawn, Curse, and Synchronoise.

Muku

Started breeding Eevees this morning and ended up with two shinies practically back to back, within like 20-25 eggs of each other.

One is male in a heal ball with Perfect 4IVs and Run Away. The other is female in a heal ball with 5 Perfect IVs (-SpA) and Anticipation. Both are Bold with egg moves Wish, Yawn, Curse, and Synchronoise.

Nice, congrats! :)

I have a preorder of each coloured 2DS, and I'm not so sure why. I hope I can redeem the Mew trade ticket and trade it to my main 3DS as opposed to one of the 2DSes.

Also, I went to the Pokemon Center the other day, and I got Sableye (local wireless this time). Did anyone else go? What did you get?

I wonder what happens if you get a double up. Can you delete the card unredeemed and attempt to receive the mystery gift again?

I have a preorder of each coloured 2DS, and I'm not so sure why. I hope I can redeem the Mew trade ticket and trade it to my main 3DS as opposed to one of the 2DSes.

Also, I went to the Pokemon Center the other day, and I got Sableye (local wireless this time). Did anyone else go? What did you get?

I wonder what happens if you get a double up. Can you delete the card unredeemed and attempt to receive the mystery gift again?

No, the game saves a hidden record. You need to wipe your game.

Muku

Praise Arceus!

I didn't think today would be the day either. Nearing the end of my run for Cresselia today. I only do so many in a day as not to over do it every day. Though for a while I took a break. Couple weeks ago got back to it. On try # 3,583... Cresselia shone for me. Just managed to get it into a Pokeball as well which is awesome. Though did have the Master Ball in queue in case she was running out of moves. (She still had 11 Aurora Beams, 25 Mists, 6 Future Sights, and 16 Slashes to go though.)

I can now get off this podunk island and go redeem a bunch of events at PC before figuring out which one to go for next.

IMG_2471_zps4biqdjlm.jpg

Muku

:O congrats

Just out of curiosity.. How many times have you played (activity log) this game? lol

Thank you! :)

That is a good question.. haha had to go find activity log. I never used it and hid it on myself. :( Drumroll please...

Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
Play Time: 281:00 (second)

Not surprising. I know Pokemon X is first. Yep.

Pokemon X
Play Time: 933:30 (first)

Though I know X also has some play time on my original 3DS as well, so doesn't speak the whole story for that game. I have long ago maxed out timer on the game itself.

My actual save time within Alpha Sapphire is only 36:05.

Looking at times played, not sure how it calculates that. Unless it adds a point each time it saves?

Ahnez

Thank you! :)

That is a good question.. haha had to go find activity log. I never used it and hid it on myself. :( Drumroll please...

Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
Play Time: 281:00 (second)

Not surprising. I know Pokemon X is first. Yep.

Pokemon X
Play Time: 933:30 (first)

Though I know X also has some play time on my original 3DS as well, so doesn't speak the whole story for that game. I have long ago maxed out timer on the game itself.

My actual save time within Alpha Sapphire is only 36:05.

Looking at times played, not sure how it calculates that. Unless it adds a point each time it saves?

Well your second is higher than my first (which happens to be AS too lol)

I didn't even knew there was a cap on that timer :p

It adds one to times played every time you open the game (it doesn't count when you reopen it without closing the software)

Muku

Well your second is higher than my first (which happens to be AS too lol)

I didn't even knew there was a cap on that timer :p

It adds one to times played every time you open the game (it doesn't count when you reopen it without closing the software)

Ah okay. Would explain X being at 1,996 (first) and AS at like 300something.

X was first game I'd ever capped out my in-game timer: 959:59

Praise Arceus!

I didn't think today would be the day either. Nearing the end of my run for Cresselia today. I only do so many in a day as not to over do it every day. Though for a while I took a break. Couple weeks ago got back to it. On try # 3,583... Cresselia shone for me. Just managed to get it into a Pokeball as well which is awesome. Though did have the Master Ball in queue in case she was running out of moves. (She still had 11 Aurora Beams, 25 Mists, 6 Future Sights, and 16 Slashes to go though.)

I can now get off this podunk island and go redeem a bunch of events at PC before figuring out which one to go for next.

Congrats!

Huh, it looks like the Pokemon Scrap campaign is returning in 2016. I loved Pokemon Scrap back in 2015.

I wonder if we're getting new Pokemon? Would be amazing if we got easy Meloettas or something.

Ahnez

Ah okay. Would explain X being at 1,996 (first) and AS at like 300something.

X was first game I'd ever capped out my in-game timer: 959:59

Yeah.. Shiny hunting is.. pretty.. time consuming lol

I don't even want all those legendaries shiny.. Actually, its just around 5..

I'm scared :p

I need the shiny charm..

Muku

Yeah.. Shiny hunting is.. pretty.. time consuming lol

I don't even want all those legendaries shiny.. Actually, its just around 5..

I'm scared :p

I need the shiny charm..

I would only tell people wanting to do this to only bother with it in hand first. I want them all shiny for fact they'll have my name and ID attached to them. They look quite nice in the shiny de with my name on them. Going to gather them all in AS first then move to OR for those specific ones.

What ones are you wanting?

Cresselia was my longest one. Kind of scared on the next one considering one before Cresselia wasn't bad. Many more to go though... Currently have shiny now: Latios, Lugia, Heatran, Coballion, Virizion, and Cresselia. Thinking of Terrakion next. Had to adjust my clock to PST finally since it was still on EDT. Didn't want to screw my shinies I was currently farming for. Figure now is a good time for a short break before picking it back up.

Ahnez

I would only tell people wanting to do this to only bother with it in hand first. I want them all shiny for fact they'll have my name and ID attached to them. They look quite nice in the shiny de with my name on them. Going to gather them all in AS first then move to OR for those specific ones.

What ones are you wanting?

Cresselia was my longest one. Kind of scared on the next one considering one before Cresselia wasn't bad. Many more to go though... Currently have shiny now: Latios, Lugia, Heatran, Coballion, Virizion, and Cresselia. Thinking of Terrakion next. Had to adjust my clock to PST finally since it was still on EDT. Didn't want to screw my shinies I was currently farming for. Figure now is a good time for a short break before picking it back up.

I was thinking to get Registeel, Regirock, Regice and Latios

Was thinking about adding the gen 4 lake trio too.. But probably won't lol

Latios because you don't need to actually reset, and those I probably will never use :p

But.. idk.. Don't know if its worth
Anyway, I'll not start before getting the charm

Muku

I was thinking to get Registeel, Regirock, Regice and Latios

Was thinking about adding the gen 4 lake trio too.. But probably won't lol

Latios because you don't need to actually reset, and those I probably will never use :p

But.. idk.. Don't know if its worth
Anyway, I'll not start before getting the charm

I think it's worth the time investment. But that's me, I'm crazy, haha. I didn't mind the Eon Ticket Lati@s. On AS it only took turn 207 to get it to pop. Was expecting the long wait. Figures one of the shortest ones was one of the easier ones to get. >< (Lugia came in at turn 176 as the shortest.)

Think the Lake Trio are going to be the pain in the rear. Especially with those flakey time frames. :/ Uxie with that one hour time frame and Azelf with that shitty late night / early morning time frame. I might be tempted to change time to EST again when that time comes just because not sure I can give up sleep for god knows how long for that asshole.

Ahnez

I think it's worth the time investment. But that's me, I'm crazy, haha. I didn't mind the Eon Ticket Lati@s. On AS it only took turn 207 to get it to pop. Was expecting the long wait. Figures one of the shortest ones was one of the easier ones to get. >< (Lugia came in at turn 176 as the shortest.)

Think the Lake Trio are going to be the pain in the rear. Especially with those flakey time frames. :/ Uxie with that one hour time frame and Azelf with that shitty late night / early morning time frame. I might be tempted to change time to EST again when that time comes just because not sure I can give up sleep for god knows how long for that asshole.

Yeah.. the time frames are the major problem..

Well, I'll see, if I don't descend into insanity.. lol

Muku

Yeah.. the time frames are the major problem..

Well, I'll see, if I don't descend into insanity.. lol

I hear ya. It's too easy. Cressie was pushing my to breaking point. :(

Fuuuuuuuudge, Scrap Campaign is back? Going to have to try to pull a miracle out to get some packs or codes or something. I still have my small boatload of Shaymin in the bank waiting for the right time. Though, guess we'll have to see what Pokemon are in this round to see whether it's worth it or not. Loved Scrap Campaign last year.

Hegarol

Got a spare shiny Charmander. (Giveaway on SVExchange, hatched by myself) Someone wants to trade for another shiny with me? :)

I don't. But if I did I'd help folks out.

My main file is 3656. Can't remember my other files.

I have some trade fodder from you so I can determine your TSV. If they're from games you restarted, then it's not really useful XD

&#12512;&#12463; X 2662 (Fletchling)
Muku X 0137 (Scraggy, Pichu, Porygon, Ponyta, Piplup)
Mukumuku Y 1700 (Vivillon)

Muku

My main file is 3656. Can't remember my other files.

I have some trade fodder from you so I can determine your TSV. If they're from games you restarted, then it's not really useful XD

&#12512;&#12463; X 2662 (Fletchling)
Muku X 0137 (Scraggy, Pichu, Porygon, Ponyta, Piplup)
Mukumuku Y 1700 (Vivillon)

Awesome, thank you. :) Wrote them down. Guess I'll need to figure out US AS at some point. But guess it's not too important since usually tied up getting shinies.

Though do know that JPN X was restarted last year at the WHF to farm the shiny Rayquaza, so don't believe that # is the same now. (I've restarted with intention of playing again, just haven't gotten to it yet. Will once my shiny hunts are over in ORAS.)

Is there any tool I can use to determine the probability of meeting these conditions given 3 random perfect IVs:

Calm, Bold: 31/x/29+/31/29+/31
Timid, Modest: 31/x/27+/31/27+/31
Rash, Mild: 27+/31/27+/31/27+/31

I tried to determine the calculation by hand but there were so many possibilities that I knew I would make a mistake in determining the calculation.

Top Bottom