• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

wait, it doesn't affect pokemon hatched from eggs?
The English description has changed between gen 5 and 6 but the Japanese one remains the same. Besides, who knows if it stacks with masuda method if it does affect eggs.

Speaking of which, my Happy hour Smeargle idea has one problem. GTS is full of people offering the same and better (Dark Void). Looks like I might give up the Zapdos I got (I got for Kricketot lol) to get onto the legendary ladder to obtain the shiny charm I don't much care for.

Wichu

I have HP Ice, Fire, and Ground Ditto. I can't trade now, but I'll be around in a few hours.
The English description has changed between gen 5 and 6 but the Japanese one remains the same. Besides, who knows if it stacks with masuda method if it does affect eggs.
Smogon's done some research into this, and it appears that Shiny Charm does stack with Masuda method, giving a roughly 1/450 chance of getting a shiny.

Akai XIII

Do I need to catch/evolve everything to complete the 'dex or is seeing the Pokemon enough?

Going to try to finish the 3 pokedex this weekend.

one_kill

Speaking of which, my Happy hour Smeargle idea has one problem. GTS is full of people offering the same and better (Dark Void). Looks like I might give up the Zapdos I got (I got for Kricketot lol) to get onto the legendary ladder to obtain the shiny charm I don't much care for.
Not sure if you read my earlier post, but you can breed certain Pokemon and chain trade them to get the legendaries you want.

Right now I'm using breeding rejects, but before I used Elekid and Elgyem. I traded those for Rhyperior which I traded for Milotic. If you have a good enough Pokemon you can skip Rhyperior. Anyway, Milotic can easily nab you the XY legendaries (three birds, Mewtwo, and Kalos legendaries). If you want to start getting previous gen legendaries, just get more birds and offer them for one of the Swords of Justice, etc. etc.

Do I need to catch/evolve everything to complete the 'dex or is seeing the Pokemon enough?

Going to try to finish the 3 pokedex this weekend.
You need to have had them at one point.

hupla

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa Pokegaf im so close to finishing my national dex but im stuck missing 4 mon! Just need Unown Hitmontop Reshiram and Thundurus to finish! if anyone would be cool doing trade-trade backs id be super thankful! my FC is 5000-2541-4836

Tiamant

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa Pokegaf im so close to finishing my national dex but im stuck missing 4 mon! Just need Unown Hitmontop Reshiram and Thundurus to finish! if anyone would be cool doing trade-trade backs id be super thankful! my FC is 5000-2541-4836

I'm pretty sure I have all of them, my FC is 1263-5864-8502

If you have any of this you'll make me a happy trainer:

OMASTAR
PORYGON2
VIGOROTH
ARMALDO
SEALEO
EMPOLEON
KRICKETOT
RAMPARDOS
BASTIODON
AMBIPOM
LOPUNNY
TANGROWTH
ELECTIVIRE
MAGMORTAR
TYMPOLE
LILIGANT
EELECTRIK
DUSTOX
SILCOON

OceanBlue

OMASTAR
PORYGON2
VIGOROTH
ARMALDO
SEALEO
EMPOLEON
KRICKETOT
RAMPARDOS
BASTIODON
AMBIPOM
LOPUNNY
TANGROWTH
ELECTIVIRE
MAGMORTAR
TYMPOLE
LILIGANT
EELECTRIK
DUSTOX
SILCOON
I have Porygon2 and Lilligant. I don't have a Rampardos but I have a Cranidos if you want to evolve it real fast.

Tiamant

I have Porygon2 and Lilligant. I don't have a Rampardos but I have a Cranidos if you want to evolve it real fast.

Those 2 are specially hard to find on GTS, specially Porygon2, so it would be great :D

I have a Cranidos, it's just that I'm too lazy, but thanks!

Muku

EMPOLEON
ELECTIVIRE
MAGMORTAR

You looking to keep or just trade? I have these three, but they're in my living Dex so not willing to part with them permanently.

one_kill

Wonder Trade is so awesome right now. Lots of breeding rejects.

With every reject I get, I ponder about the different strategies people are thinking of using.

one_kill

List some unusual ones please.
Nothing out of the blue.

Some rejects were probably used to breed so I'll probably see what moves they had before they were forgotten.

I got a few Durants. I haven't considered how competitive it can be so I'm at least interested as to why someone was breeding it.

But yeah, nothing that unusual.

Tirael

Does anyone have a 3 or 4 IV Tynamo to spare? (Or even 5IV...) GTS has ridiculous requirements for alleged high IV ones. Raikou, Entei, etc.

PM me please if you do.

Or Hidden Ability Nidoran male, high IVs please.

Not sure if you read my earlier post, but you can breed certain Pokemon and chain trade them to get the legendaries you want.
I did spot it, I decided to put up my uneeded and pointless 6 IV Kangaskarn (Early Bird, said so in description) and got an Uxie so I guess I can proceed now...

I got a few Durants. I haven't considered how competitive it can be so I'm at least interested as to why someone was breeding it.
Depends on ability. Truant (HA, have fun in swarms) ones use entertainment. If you then switch to a shadow tag Pokemon you have fairly free rein to set up (or in doubles turn it into 2 on 1 half the time). Problem is it is a bit obvious (should be on your mind if you see say Durant and Gothita in a team).

Hustle likes to have a turn to use hone claws to offset the accuracy problems a little. Swarm feels like a "why didn't you release it instead, would be quicker".

Stats-wise, 4x Fire weakness, bad HP and SpD. Surprisingly quick though (109 base, so jolly+some EVs outspeeds a 0 speed EV Talonflame...I don't know if it can survive brave birds though, defence is good but the HP...).

Its egg moves are terrible (about 6 moves including Thunder Fang but not Fire- or Ice-). I guess Screech is okay for forcing a switch or something.

Can't seem to find these, and apparently everyone on GTS wants a mew for stuff, but you can't trade mews on the gts...

Dialga
Rayquaza(not restarting sapphire and apparenly my 13 year old self had no idea how to play pokemon 3 gens in, dude would take like a week's effort to raise up a thunderwave and a wall high enough to spam ultra balls for an hour.)
Nuzleaf
Omanyte

Help appreciated :) I may find out later that there are other diamond/ruby only things i need but this'll do for now. Don't need to keep, just trade for a moment.

Muku

Can't seem to find these, and apparently everyone on GTS wants a mew for stuff, but you can't trade mews on the gts...

Dialga
Rayquaza(not restarting sapphire and apparenly my 13 year old self had no idea how to play pokemon 3 gens in, dude would take like a week's effort to raise up a thunderwave and a wall high enough to spam ultra balls for an hour.)
Nuzleaf
Omanyte

Help appreciated :) I may find out later that there are other diamond/ruby only things i need but this'll do for now. Don't need to keep, just trade for a moment.

I have 1 Dialga left for trade at the moment. Its a Shiny level 100 with PKRS.

KiraFA37

Dialga
Nuzleaf
Omanyte

I have 3 Omanytes from wondertrading sitting here if you need one, FC is in my profile.

Usobuko

Banned
Is the daily multi battles still an on-going tradition in PokeGAF? Sure would like to see more of these.

I have HP Ice, Fire, and Ground Ditto. I can't trade now, but I'll be around in a few hours.

Could you pass this to onslack, muku, MicH or anyone that wish to spread this in PokeGAF atm? I recall MicH is going to breed a HP Ice helioptile. I won't be free tomorrow due to CNY ( technically, my tomorrow starts 3 hrs later ), if not, I can always wait for these. Is there anything you want btw?

Muku

I'll take these! :) FC is 3196-3268-5426

Do either of you need anythign in particular?

Only non event legendaries I need now is Kyogre and Latias. If you have one that is an extra to trade, that'd be sweet. If not, whatever you'd like to pass my way. Let me take a moment to add you. IGN is Muku.

Edit: Added and online. :)

Only non event legendaries I need now is Kyogre and Latias. If you have one that is an extra trade, that'd be sweet. If not, whatever you'd like to pass my way. Let me take a moment to add you. IGN is Muku/

Still have to transfer up my kyogre and i have like 3 of the red Lati@s in that same game, shuold have em ready for you this weekend!

Anything not in XY generally since I didn't play B/W that much.

Could get you a bunch of those, make me a list!

IGN is Raul btw :)

Muku

Still have to transfer up my kyogre and i have like 3 of the red Lati@s in that same game, shuold have em ready for you this weekend!

You can claim Dialga now if you'd like. Can trade whatever for it. If you'd like to give me the Kyogre over weekend that'd be dandy. Could give you a 6IV Ponyta for it if you like.

KiraFA37

IGN is Raul btw :)

Such a hard question, just pick something out, just happy to help out. My IGN is Calum.

MicH

Is the daily multi battles still an on-going tradition in PokeGAF? Sure would like to see more of these.

Could you pass this to onslack, muku, MicH or anyone that wish to spread this in PokeGAF atm? I recall MicH is going to breed a HP Ice helioptile. I won't be free tomorrow due to CNY ( technically, my tomorrow starts 3 hrs later ), if not, I can always wait for these. Is there anything you want btw?
Thanks for remembering that. I actually managed to get a HP Ice Ditto (but with 0 Attack) that I can clone if you want that one. I'm actually gonna start on that Helioptile right away :D

I'm definitely up for some multi battles today as well. I have so many new Bank mons with tutor moves that I wanna test out (definitely genned/hacked though as they're shiny and have perfect IVs lol). I also got a shiny Nidoran male from Gamefaqs (not Kalos bred though) now that I gave up on getting my own

SeZMehK

Thanks for remembering that. I actually managed to get a HP Ice Ditto (but with 0 Attack) that I can clone if you want that one. I'm actually gonna start on that Helioptile right away :D

I'm definitely up for some multi battles today as well. I have so many new Bank mons with tutor moves that I wanna test out (definitely genned/hacked though as they're shiny and have perfect IVs lol). I also got a shiny Nidoran male from Gamefaqs (not Kalos bred though) now that I gave up on getting my own

Let me get your female nidoran parent, I'll give it a shot for you. :eek:

Usobuko

Banned

Are you still looking for this fabulous with pokebank moves?

Shiny_Weavile_by_Yushiko.png

I just got my hands on it. It has knock off and low kick. The stats are flawless too.

SeZMehK

Oh shit, that's an offer I cannot refuse :p I swear to god if you get it easily, I don't know what I'll do lol. I'll totally clone it for you if you get it though

Lol, I don't have my mifi atm at work so I'll shoot a pm when I am able to trade. :D

Usobuko

Banned
Only non event legendaries I need now is Kyogre and Latias. If you have one that is an extra to trade, that'd be sweet. If not, whatever you'd like to pass my way. Let me take a moment to add you. IGN is Muku.

Edit: Added and online. :)

I am going to get a defog latias soon so if you can wait for it, I'll make an extra copy for you.

Also, whoever that wants the Blazkenite, I got it for you. All that's left is one_kill Victini.

Miutsu

Hey guys, I need some friends for my safari. It's so barren.

My FC:0189-9626-7175
My IGN: Gio

I'll add you when I get home, I have a water safari with Krabby, Gyarados and Frogadier.

FC: 1779-0946-4340
3DS name: Xhanim
In-game name: Gen

I'll add you, FC is on my profile, IGN is Calum. Could you do me a favor and post which type and pokemon I have in my friendsafari?

Also you too!

MicH

Are you still looking for this fabulous with pokebank moves?

Shiny_Weavile_by_Yushiko.png

I just got my hands on it. It has knock off and low kick. The stats are flawless too.
Oh my god I need this in my life. I still hate Game Freak for only giving Weavile Icicle Crash as an egg move in XY so it cannot have tutored moves and Icicle Crash :( Shiny Weavile looks amazing in XY though, moreso than last gen :D

I have a shiny flawless Flygon w/ Fire Punch, Superpower, Outrage and Roost if you're interested in that in return? Oh - and the HP Ice Ditto (with 0 Attack, I believe)

Lol, I don't have my mifi atm at work so I'll shoot a pm when I am able to trade. :D
Thanks for trying this out, if you do get it I owe you big time O.O

Usobuko

Banned
Oh my god I need this in my life. I still hate Game Freak for only giving Weavile Icicle Crash as an egg move in XY so it cannot have tutored moves and Icicle Crash :( Shiny Weavile looks amazing in XY though, moreso than last gen :D

I have a shiny flawless Flygon w/ Fire Punch, Superpower, Outrage and Roost if you're interested in that in return? Oh - and the HP Ice Ditto (with 0 Attack, I believe)

Np, we can set it up later on, I'll send you a PM. You have to wait a couple of days though, I have to do other people stuff first.

That'd be awesome.

Are you able to wait because I think the latias will come on Sunday and the latest I would have it is Wednesday for you. Is that okay? If you are in need of dex completion, I believe many people can help you. I'm just passing a competitive build one with defog from past gen.

ugoo18

What's a good nature for Carracosta?

Was thinking of breeding a Relaxed one since speed isn't exactly it's strong point.

Muku

Np, we can set it up later on, I'll send you a PM. You have to wait a couple of days though, I have to do other people stuff first.

Are you able to wait because I think the latias will come on Sunday and the latest I would have it is Wednesday for you. Is that okay? If you are in need of dex completion, I believe many people can help you. I'm just passing a competitive build one with defog from past gen.

I'll probably get the one from Bacon this weekend, mainly for dex completion. And it'll go in my living Dex. A competitive built one would be awesome though. I'd love to use Latias.

Tiamant

What's a good nature for Carracosta?

Was thinking of breeding a Relaxed one since speed isn't exactly it's strong point.

I went with -speed and +sp def because it is an assault vest build. With solid rock it can take hits like a champ, for example it can survive greninja's grass knot.

Also you'll laugh everytime you see a Talonflame.

ugoo18

I went with -speed and +sp def because it is an assault vest build. With solid rock it can take hits like a champ, for example it can survive greninja's grass knot.

Also you'll laugh everytime you see a Talonflame.

I was thinking of making a sturdy weakness policy build.

Koppai

I think I pretty much have all of the old Pokemon some way or another, it's some of the new ones that I'm probably missing. Gonna spend all weekend trying to transfer Pokémon.

:)

So far sent over the majority of the legendaries like Shiny Dog Trio, etc. :)

Top Bottom