• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Zomba13

OK. Just got back into Pokémon beacuse of bank and being able to have all my pokes on X. All my EV trained ones from previous gens. All good.

I decide to give it another go trying for a good IV Shiny froakie with protean. I've got a good IV ditto from a previous gen of a different region, Got a decent enough IV froakie from this gen (Modest with 31 spATK wich the ditto also has according to IV man). Got everstone to pass on modest, destiny knot on ditto. All good. I get a bunch of protean Froakies, no shiny, no biggie. About 2/3 Protean, 1/3 torrent. Odds are on track. Then I get a shiny! But it's torrent. FUCK.
Then I get 4 protean frokies.
THEN I GET ANOTHER GODDAMN TORRENT SHINY.

I wanna break my cart in half and eat the RNG.

EDIT: On that note... Anyone wanna trade a shiny frokie for another shiny starter or any kind? Would like a Shiny Charmander preferably. One frokie has perfect def and sp def (not ideal I know) other has def spAtk Speed.

Kirlia

Banned
OK. Just got back into Pokémon beacuse of bank and being able to have all my pokes on X. All my EV trained ones from previous gens. All good.

I decide to give it another go trying for a good IV Shiny froakie with protean. I've got a good IV ditto from a previous gen of a different region, Got a decent enough IV froakie from this gen (Modest with 31 spATK wich the ditto also has according to IV man). Got everstone to pass on modest, destiny knot on ditto. All good. I get a bunch of protean Froakies, no shiny, no biggie. About 2/3 Protean, 1/3 torrent. Odds are on track. Then I get a shiny! But it's torrent. FUCK.
Then I get 4 protean frokies.
THEN I GET ANOTHER GODDAMN TORRENT SHINY.

I wanna break my cart in half and eat the RNG.

EDIT: On that note... Anyone wanna trade a shiny frokie for another shiny starter or any kind? Would like a Shiny Charmander preferably. One frokie has perfect def and sp def (not ideal I know) not checked the other one yet.

I have a shiny Blastoise and Charizard, if you want one of those. I also have a shiny male Gardevoir.

Usobuko

Banned
Asked for a Bisharp on GTS and offered a Mudkip before heading out and when I got home I checked and got this:

dsc_023607sna.jpg

Adamant Nature with Defiant. Was transferred from BW/BW2. I'd say it's incredibly likely it was hacked/cloned. Can't complain though.

Great moveset, terrible nicknamed :/

Just realized Transporter would probably block "Smartass", "Dumbass" and "Jackass" the Meganium, Typhlosion and Feraligatr from being migrated. "Rock Hard" the Graveler would probably make it though.

I must have thought myself a comedian in 2011.

Zomba13

I have a shiny Blastoise and Charizard, if you want one of those. I also have a shiny male Gardevoir.

Shiny Charizard if possible please.
I'll give you the one with the better IVs. It's Male. Any nickname you want it to have?

My FC is: 5155-2898-0702

MicH

Just realized Transporter would probably block "Smartass", "Dumbass" and "Jackass" the Meganium, Typhlosion and Feraligatr from being migrated. "Rock Hard" the Graveler would probably make it though.

I must have thought myself a comedian in 2011.
I think they'll get transferred, their nicknames will just be removed

Kirlia

Banned
Shiny Charizard if possible please.
I'll give you the one with the better IVs. It's Male. Any nickname you want it to have?

My FC is: 5155-2898-0702

Oh, wow! That's super nice of you. Name it Nick Rox, okay? Unfortunately, I can't nickname the Charizard, and I don't know what its IVs are, but it is yours. I'll be able to trade in ABOUT an hour. My FC is in my profile and my IGN is Aimee. :)

Zomba13

Oh, wow! That's super nice of you. Name it Nick Rox, okay? Unfortunately, I can't nickname the Charizard, and I don't know what its IVs are, but it is yours. I'll be able to trade in ABOUT an hour. My FC is in my profile and my IGN is Aimee. :)

NP about the nickname or IVs. I'll add you and be hatching more frokies till then lol.

MicH

Porygon 2 users, you'll be using evolite anyway but which nature is better. Bold Trace defensive or Modest Download?
'm only using Trick Room Porygon2, but I would go with Modest. He's quite beefy as it is with Eviolite

EDIT Oh yeah, I haven't used Download yet, only Trace

Alchemy

Porygon 2 users, you'll be using evolite anyway but which nature is better. Bold Trace defensive or Modest Download?

Bold Trace easily. Trace is the most amazing thing in the world for Pory 2. Throwing back Intimidates and abusing Flash Fire is glorious.

Griss

So I beat this game when it came out, then put it down. Downloading Pokebank has made me pick it back up though.

So a couple of questions:
How do you get the pokebank Celebi?
What's the best place to level Pokemon to 100? I'm thinking either the Battle Chateau or Restaurant Le Wow, but I'm sure you guys have already figured this out.
Does your 'friend' have to be online to get hidden ability pokemon in the friend safari or does it just give you a better chance of said pokemon?

Thanks for any answers. I read some of your breeding posts above and it's gibberish to me. Me, I catch pokemon, ask the talent guy if they're good, and if they're in the top tier and a species I like they get added to my team. Don't have the patience for more than that. But once I get a team of about 8-10 level 100 pokemon together I think I might have a go at breeding a couple of my very favourites for perfect IVs.

EDIT: Can you have a 'refresh people in the building' writ and a 'level up the pokemon' writ active at the same time? What's the best combo?

So I beat this game when it came out, then put it down. Downloading Pokebank has made me pick it back up though.

So a couple of questions:
How do you get the pokebank Celebi?
What's the best place to level Pokemon to 100? I'm thinking either the Battle Chateau or Restaurant Le Wow, but I'm sure you guys have already figured this out.
Does your 'friend' have to be online to get hidden ability pokemon in the friend safari or does it just give you a better chance of said pokemon?

Thanks for any answers. I read some of your breeding posts above and it's gibberish to me. Me, I catch pokemon, ask the talent guy if they're good, and if they're in the top tier and a species I like they get added to my team. Don't have the patience for more than that. But once I get a team of about 8-10 level 100 pokemon together I think I might have a go at breeding a couple of my very favourites for perfect IVs.

EDIT: Can you have a 'refresh people in the building' writ and a 'level up the pokemon' writ active at the same time? What's the best combo?

I haven't used a single restaurant but I like Battle Chateau and Victory Road to level. Silver and Gold Writs of Invitation stack with one Challenge Writ (Black is best once you unlock it through climbing the ranks).

Your friend must have beaten the game and been online at the same time as you to unlock Hidden Abilities in friend safari.

Oswen

Took me hours to transfer an entire living dex + personal "competitive" mons boxes + random stuff from B/B2, feels good to have access to all my stuff.
Still better than what i had to do for things like D>SS and B>B2, it took days to catch low level critters and then trade entire boxes, one mon at a time, God bless the bank.

Since the Bank is going to be used for all future games I guess most people will just pay those 5 bucks everytime new games release in order to transfer everything, hopefully they'll make it a bit smoother with future updates, it works nicely as of now but it feels a bit clunky, touch controls would have been great.

To get the best out of the Battle Chateau you need to buy the Gold, Silver and Red/Black(when you unlock it) writs at the same time. Gold increases the payout, Silver increases the trainer refresh rate and Red/Black increases the levels which also increase the money as payout scales with the levels of the Pokémon a trainer uses.

Just stick EXP O Power Lv 3, EXP Share on, and Lucky Eggs on everything and you'll be leveling up really quickly in the Chateau especially when you find trainers with 3 Lv. 65 Audino!

Zomba13

:D Thanks for the trade ^.^

Griss

To get the best out of the Battle Chateau you need to buy the Gold, Silver and Red/Black(when you unlock it) writs at the same time. Gold increases the payout, Silver increases the trainer refresh rate and Red/Black increases the levels which also increase the money as payout scales with the levels of the Pokémon a trainer uses.

Just stick EXP O Power Lv 3, EXP Share on, and Lucky Eggs on everything and you'll be leveling up really quickly in the Chateau especially when you find trainers with 3 Lv. 65 Audino!

Okay, that's pretty much what I've been doing. Just got my Gardevoir to Lvl 100 and fully EV trained. 1 fully trained pokemon done! And she has a 31 IV in Sp Atk too, just caught wild. Neutral nature. For a pokemon I caught while progressing the game she's pretty good, happy with how she's turned out. Mega-evo is a bonus.

I haven't used a single restaurant but I like Battle Chateau and Victory Road to level. Silver and Gold Writs of Invitation stack with one Challenge Writ (Black is best once you unlock it through climbing the ranks).

Your friend must have beaten the game and been online at the same time as you to unlock Hidden Abilities in friend safari.

So let me get this very clear - once my friend has beaten the game and was online at the same time as me, hidden abilities unlock for that particular friend safari, and STAY unlocked, even if my friend is subsequently offline? For example, I've caught Protean Froggydeers in a particular friend safari, so I know that one meets the criteria. Is it always unlocked now, or do I still need to wait until that guy is online.

Sorry for being pedantic, but the difference is crucial.

Kirlia

Banned
Ugh the GTS is worthless now, everyone just wants event pokemon now....

Which is pure idiocy on all of their parts. Even without an event ribbon, no event Pokemon can be sent over GTS. Why does Game Freak even allow the option to ask for special Pokemon on GTS?

Muku

Last night dabbled a little. So I have the following for grabs:

x2 Shiny 6IV Mew
x1 Darkrai
x1 Shiny Dialga w/ PKRS (Lv100)

If anyone has a Kyogre or normal Dialga to trade, that'd be sweet. Neither one was allowed to migrate from Black to X yesterday. >< Funny the normal Dialga was hacked but the shiny wasn't. Had my thoughts pinned on wrong one. If not, that's cool too, and I'll take what you're offering.

Adrian121

Ugh the GTS is worthless now, everyone just wants event pokemon now....

I don't know why they don't disable the ability to request those Pokemon. It's completely pointless since they cant be traded over the GTS anyway, so why allow them to be requested?

Does anyone happen to have a spare Shaymin? I can trade a level 100 Deoxys for it.

Which is pure idiocy on all of their parts. Even without an event ribbon, no event Pokemon can be sent over GTS. Why does Game Freak even allow the option to ask for special Pokemon on GTS?

Yeah makes no sense at all. Bunch of crazy kids I guess lol

I don't know why they don't disable the ability to request those Pokemon. It's completely pointless since they cant be traded over the GTS anyway, so why allow them to be requested?

Does anyone happen to have a spare Shaymin? I can trade a level 100 Deoxys for it.

Lol If I had a nickel for every person I've seen that wants a mew I'd be rich!

After all these years the old rule of GTS being useless unless you're making a reasonable offer yourself rings true. Too many people with no sense of value, and I have a feeling its not just the young kids who don't know any better who contribute to that. I don't get why GF still hasn't implemented a filter that prevents you from asking for impossible Pokemon though.

JulianImp

So, I've got about eighteen boxes worth of stuff I'd like to transfer from my Diamond cart, which means I'll have to play that annoying transfer minigame from Diamond to W/B2, and then do the whole Box 1 transfer thing at least eighteen times.

The only thing I don't like is how you can't store items on the bank (pehaps in a separate box?), since it makes resetting the game quite a hassle, as you'll have to get the mega stones, training and breeding items and all that stuff all over again. I have lots and lots of PP Ups on Diamond that I'll probably have to spend rather on any of my (slightly) competitive pokemon rather than keeping them there, where they'd be completely useless.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Does anyone have a speedboost Carvanha or Sharpedo I can borrow for breeding? I can breed you an extremespeed dratini for the trade.

pariah164

I got the Shiny Charm yesterday, and this little guy today.

My second ever random shiny, and the first since a Bibarel six years ago in Diamond version.
God fucking dammit.

MY KINGDOM FOR A RANDOM SHINY. Just one. I've been playing since the original Red and Blue versions and never ever got a real shiny. All events. :< ALL MY SAD.

MicH

God fucking dammit.

MY KINGDOM FOR A RANDOM SHINY. Just one. I've been playing since the original Red and Blue versions and never ever got a real shiny. All events. :< ALL MY SAD.
:(

I've gotten four random shinies so far; Tentacruel in Sapphire, Wobbuffet (in the damn safari zone!) in Ruby, Furfrou in Y and a week or so ago, the Scraggy in a horde in X.

Get that shiny charm :D

So let me get this very clear - once my friend has beaten the game and was online at the same time as me, hidden abilities unlock for that particular friend safari, and STAY unlocked, even if my friend is subsequently offline? For example, I've caught Protean Froggydeers in a particular friend safari, so I know that one meets the criteria. Is it always unlocked now, or do I still need to wait until that guy is online.

Sorry for being pedantic, but the difference is crucial.

That's right. Once a particular safari has been validated with both criteria, HA is unlocked until you delete that 3DS friend or restart the game with a new save.

Reaping the benefits of Pokemon Bank. All caught myself, except the shiny. Those were the days.

Can't only Unown-I and Unown-V be legitimately shiny?

Top Bottom