• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

pariah164

Please don't hate me.

36 minutes between Scraggy and Gulpin. All I'm trying to do is EV train my HP.

AAAAAAAAAAH

tumblr_m13luvDrvp1qbw0gqo1_500.gif

I QUIT.

And I don't know what a Shiny Charm is/how to get it.

thetechkid

So I'm having trouble with the mega stones. I did the stuff with battling the rival and talking to Sycamore afterwards, and I've checked the time on my 3DS, but whenever I go to any of the locations for mega stones none are there.

DaBoss

So I'm having trouble with the mega stones. I did the stuff with battling the rival and talking to Sycamore afterwards, and I've checked the time on my 3DS, but whenever I go to any of the locations for mega stones none are there.
They only appear when at 8PM I think. I know they will be there only for an hour.

pariah164

Well, I know I barely have any Gen III Pokemon, so... Will anyone with a Shiny Charm already be willing to help me fill out my Dex, once I transfer my Bank Pokemon over? Not to keep, just trade, get Dex info, trade back.

DaBoss

I think I remember one of the requirements being you have to complete 1 battle in the Battle Maison. I'm not quite sure.

Sigmaah

Well guys, I guess my Pokemon journey ends here.

Had my DS like 2 days ago on my kitchen table, picked it up and moved it, now I can't find it. My memory is so bad that I can't even remember where I put it when I moved it from the table. Had everyone in the house look with me but it's not turning up. Been looking for like, 2 days now and just no luck. I'm thinking maybe my baby sister touched it, can't ask her where it is if she did touch it since she wouldn't remember. Sad to say it but I think it's gone for good.

I will miss you all and this thread, had a lot of fun with all of you in our journey together. I love PokeGAF.

If it turns up, you already know I'll be back. I'll keep looking for it and won't give up for now. I really do hope it turns up. Peace for now homies.

pariah164

Had my DS like 2 days ago on my kitchen table, picked it up and moved it, now I can't find it. My memory is so bad that I can't even remember where I put it when I moved it from the table. Had everyone in the house look with me but it's not turning up. Been looking for like, 2 days now and just no luck. I'm thinking maybe my baby sister touched it, can't ask her where it is if she did touch it since she wouldn't remember. Sad to say it but I think it's gone for good.

I will miss you all and this thread, had a lot of fun with all of you in our journey together. I love PokeGAF.

If it turns up, you already know I'll be back. I'll keep looking for it and won't give up for now. I really do hope it turns up. Peace for now homies.
Aww bb. D: I hope you find it! *sends good vibes your way*

MicH

I've spent the last five hours hatching Nidorans while watching TV/youtube videos and my patience is just about out. Urghhhhhhhhhhh. I'm seeing blue Nidoran males everywhere

Yup and Yup, I've looked up videos and guides to make sure I did everything and I haven't missed any of the steps.

The last thing I can think of if you did everything is to wait around the Anistar sundial just before 8pm. If the gears start turning and the light shines through the center, you'll know it's game on to hunt mega stones. If not, ????

Well damn. I am deeply sorry for your loss. I sincerely hope you find it intact soon. You'll be missed until then. Thank you for everything you've shared with us over the months.

Usobuko

Banned
Do you need the Porygon 2 back? Btw, the suicune is one of my spare so you don't have to give me anything. On a unrelated note, I just quit against a focus slash compound eyes vivillon that proceed to sleep my entire party. I have an answer if he just sleep one of my pokemon, not my entire team.

MicH

Do you need the Porygon 2 back? Btw, the suicune is one of my spare so you don't have to give me anything. On a unrelated note, I just quit against a focus slash compound eyes vivillon that proceed to sleep my entire party. I have an answer if he just sleep one of my pokemon, not my entire team.
You can keep it as I got a clone of my own.

I fought against someone with a Sash Drifblim that continued to Minimize and then baton passed (because I kept missing) to a Roserade that put my whole team to sleep. Whenever I woke up I kept missing and she put me back to sleep. Fuck that

thetechkid

The last thing I can think of if you did everything is to wait around the Anistar sundial just before 8pm. If the gears start turning and the light shines through the center, you'll know it's game on to hunt mega stones. If not, ????

Can I just adjust my 3DS time and try again tonight or will that affect anything?

thetechkid

Adjusted the time and nothing happened at 8pm. Doubled checked all of the requirements even though I went through the event with Sycamore to upgrade the ring and nothing.

Adjusted the time and nothing happened at 8pm. Doubled checked all of the requirements even though I went through the event with Sycamore to upgrade the ring and nothing.
And you fought your rival at the northernmost part of Kiloude City, did a couple battles at the Battle Maison and watched the cutscenes where the ring is upgraded, and the sundial still won't move?

Edit - Are you absolutely sure the 3DS is at 8pm or 2000 hours, not 8am or 0800?

ugoo18

And you fought your rival at the northernmost part of Kiloude City, did a couple battles at the Battle Maison and watched the cutscenes where the ring is upgraded, and the sundial still won't move?

Edit - Are you absolutely sure the 3DS is at 8pm or 2000 hours, not 8am or 0800?

Isn't the rival a daily event?

If he adjusted his time wouldn't that lock him out from a rival battle for 24 hours?

thetechkid

Yeah I did the Battle Masion stuff, then battled the rival, and saw the upgrade scene. And I triple checked that the time was 8pm.

Isn't the rival a daily event?

If he adjusted his time wouldn't that lock him out from a rival battle for 24 hours?
Only one way to find out.

thetechkid, do you have Absolite? Have you received every other NPC gift mega stone? (Gengarite, Aerodactylite, Ampharosite, Gardevoirite, Abomasite)?

Muku

Are you already in the area a stone should be when you hop in after 8pm? If so, try zoning out and back in. It won't be there otherwise.

thetechkid

Wait what are the npc gift mega stones required in order to find the other ones? The only ones I have so far are for Lucario and my 1st gen starter.

Are you already in the area a stone should be when you hop in after 8pm? If so, try zoning out and back in. It won't be there otherwise.

I've flown out and returned several times.

Muku

Wait what are the npc gift mega stones required in order to find the other ones? The only ones I have so far are for Lucario and my 1st gen starter.

I've flown out and returned several times.

Hmm. And NPC gift ones aren't required. I've not gotten any except for Lucario and a few that I've gone out and found.

You might just have to wait 24-48 hours for the clock to reset. I have no idea any more why they're not shining for you. That sundial should be churning and burning.

God damn it, I'm done with these Nidorans. I can't take this anymore :( IT'S NEVER GONNA HAPPEN. Moving on...

Sorry MicH. I feel like breeding for shiny Pokemon is just asking for premature death of 3DS buttons.

MicH

You might just have to wait 24-48 hours for the clock to reset. I have no idea any more why they're not shining for you. That sundial should be churning and burning.

Sorry MicH. I feel like breeding for shiny Pokemon is just asking for premature death of 3DS buttons.
Yeah, I don't know what I was expecting. I had such good luck with my Ralts and seeing other people get theirs so fast I thought I could too. But nope. Eh, ah well. I would probably rather try and get a Kalos Pokemon shiny anyway

Yeah, I don't know what I was expecting. I had such good luck with my Ralts and seeing other people get theirs so fast I thought I could too. But nope. Eh, ah well. I would probably rather try and get a Kalos Pokemon shiny anyway

OMG Ralts is my current breeding project. I want one normal and one shiny female Telepathy Gardevoir. If the shiny comes out Trace or Synchronize, fine. But if it's male, god help that poor little Ralts.

MicH

OMG Ralts is my current breeding project. I want one normal and one shiny female Telepathy Gardevoir. If the shiny comes out Trace or Synchronize, fine. But if it's male, god help that poor little Ralts.
Haha, mine is a male Trace one with perfect Attack and average Speed. Could've been better, but I like to run Scarfed Gardevoir. Really nice if you trace something nice like Sheer Force

I recently got ahold of a tutored Hyper Voice Gardevoir so that's gonna be my mega build :D

Usobuko

Banned
So do we have these dittos here?

HP Fire 31/30/31/30/31/30
HP Ice 31/30/30/31/31/31
HP Flying 30/30/30/30/30/31
HP Rock 31/30/30/31/30/30

If not, I'll try trading for them and spread it around in PokeGAF, just like the God Ditto.

one_kill

Last night I had a pretty good Wonder Trade session, so I'm going to have another tonight. Hope I get some more cool Pokemon :p

Top Bottom