• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Tantalus

Neo Member
can someone help me transfer my mega stones from X to Y.

I can help out if you still need someone. The only thing I ask in return is help with evolving my Phantump to a Trevenant through a trade. Finally managed to get the perfect Phantump, now I just need a way to evolve her.

FC is 5429 7925 3214, IGN is Neil.

Alright. I have:

15 Female Jolly Rattled Magikarp with 31/31/31/xx/31/31
2 Female Jolly Swift Swim Magikarp with 31/31/31/31/31/31
2 Male Jolly Swift Swim Magikarp with 31/31/31/31/31/31
1 Male Jolly Rattled Magikarp with 31/31/31/31/31/31

If you want a specific evolution stone as well, just ask.

MicH

Never tried it in there either. I've always battled really fast. Any tips for team building?

Edit: specifically, how do you keep it on the field for more than the initial five turns?
In doubles you usually only have four Pokemon so it's much easier to maintain the Trick Room. I like to bring to TR setuppers, but one can do the trick if you can maintain it's health well (recovery moves are very good here) or if you switch it out immediately.

Also, be sure to use some non-TR users on the team that can come in and sweep if you lose Trick Room. I like to use Infernape or Weavile for this

NZerker12

I can help out if you still need someone. The only thing I ask in return is help with evolving my Phantump to a Trevenant through a trade. Finally managed to get the perfect Phantump, now I just need a way to evolve her.

FC is 5429 7925 3214, IGN is Neil.

I've added you thanks. No problem I help you get your trevenant.

I've finally completed the Kalos Pokedex. I also just got a 50-win streak in the Battle Maison, so I have a gold Trainer Card now.

I'll go for the National Dex eventually, but Bravely Default just came in, so that's going to be taking up most of my time for a long while.

Great moves for a karrablast to have?! Help!

And what ability do I go for?

Knock Off (Egg), Drill Run (Egg), Megahorn (Egg), Sword Dance, Pursuit (Egg), Iron Head.

Overcoat is it's best ability because of protection from weather damage and powder moves, notably Sleep Powder and Spore. Only available from Gen V.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
So, thanks to Pokémon Bank, I have a bunch of extra perfect German Ditto. 12 for each nature that lowers Attack, Special Attack and Speed (The ones with the -Speed natures have 0 IV in Speed). Does anyone want them? You don't need to offer anything good, though I would appreciate some cloned Y-exclusive Mega Stones.

FC: 0920-1010-8506

LX_Theo

Banned
Hey, so now that the Pokebank is out, I was wondering what is the earliest the game allows you to access it? I intend to do a nuzlocke on my Y version, but I don't want to lose my Pokemon. I rather just put them in Pokebank and get them later. At the same time, I have no intention of using it after the trial expires.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Hey, so now that the Pokebank is out, I was wondering what is the earliest the game allows you to access it? I intend to do a nuzlocke on my Y version, but I don't want to lose my Pokemon. I rather just put them in Pokebank and get them later. At the same time, I have no intention of using it after the trial expires.

It says that you have to have a Pokedex, so I'm assuming you could probably use it right after you get it.

Son Of D

Feels impossible to get a good trade on GTS now. Filling my Pokédex and all people want are legendaries, even for stuff like Minun and Vespiquen.

How to use the GTS 101:

1. Deposit Pokémon, don't Seek.
Seriously. The reason that all you see are asking for legendaries is because all of the reasonable requests get grabbed up right away. Do a quick check for what you want, and if there isn't something reasonable, then deposit.

Tantalus

Neo Member
Feels impossible to get a good trade on GTS now. Filling my Pokédex and all people want are legendaries, even for stuff like Minun and Vespiquen.

I've been looking for a Chimchar on the GTS for a while now, and all anyone seems to want is a Zekrom, Mewtwo or Rayquaza. Didn't think a lowly Chimchar would be worth so much especially after people start breeding them on X & Y, but I guess they are :(

How to use the GTS 101:

Seriously. The reason that all you see are asking for legendaries is because all of the reasonable requests get grabbed up right away. Do a quick check for what you want, and if there isn't something reasonable, then deposit.

I'll give this a try now. Never thought of it that way before.

RoySFNR

I've been looking for a Chimchar on the GTS for a while now, and all anyone seems to want is a Zekrom, Mewtwo or Rayquaza. Didn't think a lowly Chimchar would be worth so much especially after people start breeding them on X & Y, but I guess they are :(

I'll give this a try now. Never thought of it that way before.

I got a ton of chimchars with some decent IV's to boot. You can have one if you want?

Son Of D

How to use the GTS 101:

I think I'll do try this as well. Just use seek when looking for legendaries (and try and wade through all the Celebi/Manaphy/Deoxys etc. requests).

Tantalus

Neo Member
I got a ton of chimchars with some decent IV's to boot. You can have one if you want?

That would be amazing! I don't have much to offer in return, but if you want any of the following, I can send you one.

Adamant Dratini / Marvel Scale
Careful Phantump / Harvest
Adamant Mawile / Intimidate

All have pretty good IV's. FC is 5429 7925 3214, IGN is Neil. Thanks!

KiraFA37

I've gotten some decent breeding rejects if anybody's interested:

5x 5IV Modest Litwick with Flash Fire
3x 5IV Modest Abra with Magic Guard and all three elemental punches
1x 5IV Modest Abra with Synchronize and all three elemental punches
9x 5IV Sableye with Prankster and recover, various natures, 4 of them only miss their IV in speed.
2x 5IV Sableye with Stall and recover, various natures, they only miss their IV in speed which you don't want anyway.
5x 5IV Modest Rotom with Levitate

And these are actually perfect;
7x 5IV Timid Rotom with Levitate, only missing their attack IV.

I don't need anything specific in return, but I'm currently looking for a Exeggcute with their HA. Otherwise I would appreciate pokemon that don't appear in XY or that have their HA.

MicH

Yes! Got my perfect 31/x/31/31/31/0 Quiet Regenerator Slowpoke for my Trick Room team :D I think he will work great alongside my Lightningrod Marowak in a double battle. Gotta watch out for those grass moves, though

RoySFNR

That would be amazing! I don't have much to offer in return, but if you want any of the following, I can send you one.

Adamant Dratini / Marvel Scale
Careful Phantump / Harvest
Adamant Mawile / Intimidate

All have pretty good IV's. FC is 5429 7925 3214, IGN is Neil. Thanks!

I'd love that Mawile. Been intending to breed one for awhile.

My FC is 3797-7253-3772 IGN RoySFNR. Always happy to help out!

Sigmaah

Knock Off (Egg), Drill Run (Egg), Megahorn (Egg), Sword Dance, Pursuit (Egg), Iron Head.

Overcoat is it's best ability because of protection from weather damage and powder moves, notably Sleep Powder and Spore. Only available from Gen V.

Awesome, thank you! Having a guy Pokegen this for me!

Yagami_Sama

Alright. I have:

15 Female Jolly Rattled Magikarp with 31/31/31/xx/31/31
2 Female Jolly Swift Swim Magikarp with 31/31/31/31/31/31
2 Male Jolly Swift Swim Magikarp with 31/31/31/31/31/31
1 Male Jolly Rattled Magikarp with 31/31/31/31/31/31

If you want a specific evolution stone as well, just ask.

One female Magikarp would be good, also if could give me on charizardite y and charizardite x, would be great.

Do you want something in return ?

MicH

Just looked up Escavalier as you guys were talking about him. 20 base Speed. WOW

Might try him out in a Trick Room team

Sigmaah

Just looked up Escavalier as you guys were talking about him. 20 base Speed. WOW

Might try him out in a Trick Room team

That's what I had in mind as well. Getting mine and it's gonna be 31/31/31/31/31/0 but can't get drill run sadly :( oh well

Moveset for him atm is
Megahorn
Counter
Pursuit
Knock off

Should be fun to use! might get rid of counter and put rest or toxic.

macklelol

That's what I had in mind as well. Getting mine and it's gonna be 31/31/31/31/31/0 but can't get drill run sadly :( oh well

Moveset for him atm is
Megahorn
Counter
Pursuit
Knock off

Should be fun to use! might get rid of counter and put rest or toxic.

Drill Run is a new egg move for Karrablast in XY, so you just need to get yourself a male Drill Run Beedrill or Forretress if you want to get Drill Run on it.

Tiamant

I can't decide between these Furfrou trims :(

Pharaoh
676Furfrou_Pharaoh_Dream.png

La Reine
676Furfrou_La_Reine_Dream.png

Kabuki
676Furfrou_Kabuki_Dream.png

Dandy
676Furfrou_Dandy_Dream.png

one_kill

You guys talking about Escavalier? :D

It's pretty badass. I use one with AV. Moves include Iron Head, Knock Off, Megahorn, and Drill Run. It can tank special attacks and a lot of physical ones pretty well. It's excellent when Trick Room is up, but it also doesn't need it.

MicH

You guys talking about Escavalier? :D

It's pretty badass. I use one with AV. Moves include Iron Head, Knock Off, Megahorn, and Drill Run. It can tank special attacks and a lot of physical ones pretty well. It's excellent when Trick Room is up, but it also doesn't need it.
This is the set I wanted to use as well.

And what the hell, is Drill Run a tutor-exclusive move? So he can only get it from Beedrills (or Forretress) that got that move tutored in BW2? Jesus

pariah164

I restarted my game, only have one badge, but I have a friend who offered to help fill my dex tomorrow. It will just be trade, then trade back again; just to get the info, not to keep. Will the information stick till I get the National Dex? Or should I hold off till then?

MicH

I restarted my game, only have one badge, but I have a friend who offered to help fill my dex tomorrow. It will just be trade, then trade back again; just to get the info, not to keep. Will the information stick till I get the National Dex? Or should I hold off till then?
Pretty sure it sticks, but their numbers are gonna be "???" if they're not in the Kalos dex

pariah164

Pretty sure it sticks, but it's number is gonna be "???"
Well, I know the number will be ??? if I actually have the Pokemon in my box, but... Since I'll be returning the Pokemon to them, I'm just worried the info won't stay unless I play literally all day today and get the game to the National Dex point.

MicH

Well, I know the number will be ??? if I actually have the Pokemon in my box, but... Since I'll be returning the Pokemon to them, I'm just worried the info won't stay unless I play literally all day today and get the game to the National Dex point.
Well, the event Torchic did stick, so they should. I am 99% they are still there once you get the National dex

one_kill

Uber matches are SO MUCH FUN. Most matches go by so fast.

Edit:
Speaking of ubers, does anyone have a 5IV Xerneas or a 6IV Cresselia?

MicH

Awww yeah, I got a perfect Brave No Guard Karrablast w/ Drill Run, Pursuit, Megahorn and Knock Off in a luxury ball. 31/31/31/0/31/0

Male, which I like, as I've been getting so many females lately. Female Darmanitan, Conkeldurr and Machamp. Seriously.

Usobuko

Banned
Haha, Me first Draco Meteor backfires on Latios.

Usobuko you keep forgetting me! :'(

On that note, anything in particular you want for the ditto? I don't have much rare other than some 4/5 IV Pokemon

I'm sorry, your ditto has already been done too!

Awww yeah, I got a perfect Brave No Guard Karrablast w/ Drill Run, Pursuit, Megahorn and Knock Off in a luxury ball. 31/31/31/0/31/0

Male, which I like, as I've been getting so many females lately. Female Darmanitan, Conkeldurr and Machamp. Seriously.

Did you breed that, do you have any breeding rejects on this guy?

teeny

Could some kind soul please help me evolve my Porygon all the way to Porygon-Z?

Don't have much in the way to offer as thanks, though, but I'll appreciate it! Having no luck whatsoever on the GTS.

Top Bottom