• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

MicH

A question. My Slowking currently knows Slack Off. He can't normally learn this move - only Slowpoke can. If I get rid of it, can I relearn it?

Also if anyone is up for some multi battles, I am up for it :D I wanna try out some of these new Pokemon. A double battle would be cool as well

What's with the use of OHKO moves now?

Before Bank came outside Japan i never saw it and now i've seen Sheer Cold, Fissure and Horn Drill within my last 3 matches on Battle spot.

It's been like that since Bank came out in Japan. I would assume the rise in popularity is either based on retaliation against the Japanese players who used it now that everyone can get some of the more annoying OHKOers, or they just saw it working and decided to copy the sets. I was really tempted to turn my Articuno into the Mind Reader/Sheer Cold set after having to face three people who used OHKO moves against me in a row back in early January, but it just isn't fun to win with something that cheap.

Shiny Suicune from the event that gets Zoroark in B/W is especially annoying to deal with. It has Sheer Cold and even if you have Sash, it can just Extreme Speed on the next turn anyway. You might as well flip a coin when one of those shows up.

ugoo18

A question. My Slowking currently knows Slack Off. He can't normally learn this move - only Slowpoke can. If I get rid of it, can I relearn it?

Also if anyone is up for some multi battles, I am up for it :D I wanna try out some of these new Pokemon. A double battle would be cool as well

I'm up for multibattles.

RoySFNR

GGs RoySNFR. All that sun kinda screwed me over, and Entei getting wrecked at the beginning meant I really had no chance for the rest of the battle. Should probably rethink this team I made up on the spot, haha.

God, that last part of the second battle was so boring and annoying, though. I really should have just forfeited earlier. Probably would've saved us both like 10 minutes.

GGs. There were some great aspects to your team. Once my Charizard went down to rocks and Darmanitan got dropped by recoil and wear, I pretty much ran out of answers for Skarmory which you used to the fullest. I really wanted to forfeit too but I couldn't get myself to do that haha. Just out of curiosity, how many Roosts did you have left? I was down to two so 6 more turns would've ended it probably.

macklelol

GGs. There were some great aspects to your team. Once my Charizard went down to rocks and Darmanitan got dropped by recoil and wear, I pretty much ran out of answers for Skarmory which you used to the fullest. I really wanted to forfeit too but I couldn't get myself to do that haha. Just out of curiosity, how many Roosts did you have left? I was down to two so 6 more turns would've ended it probably.

I had like 2 or 3, but only 3 Brave Birds left. It would've came down to PP stalling, and that was a battle I was going to lose in the end.

ugoo18

0_0 can someone please explain to me how an Empoleon fires a critical hit hydro pump that nearly OHKOs my pokemon from full HP (It was left with 1 HP) while it's defense is at +6 and SpD at +6 with EVs invested in SpD, Def and HP.

macklelol

0_0 can someone please explain to me how an Empoleon fires a critical hit hydro pump that nearly OHKOs my pokemon from full HP (It was left with 1 HP) while it's defense is at +6 and SpD at +6?

Critical hits ignores defensive boosts (and attack drops).

one_kill

Just discovered that the Kyogre I have had a horrible EV spread. It still demolished and tanked a lot of Pokemon in my previous matches. That means it can get a whole heap better. Holy shit.

I used my one reset bag on it. Need to grind to get a few more of those bags. I spent around five minutes trying to get one, but only got soothing bags and a Team Flare bag. Not sure what the Team Flare bag does, but it says it's nice to punch lol

And Muku, just send me a trade request when you're on. I'll be EV training my Kyogre.

Muku

Just discovered that the Kyogre I have had a horrible EV spread. It still demolished and tanked a lot of Pokemon in my previous matches. That means it can get a whole heap better. Holy shit.

I used my one reset bag on it. Need to grind to get a few more of those bags. I spent around five minutes trying to get one, but only got soothing bags and a Team Flare bag. Not sure what the Team Flare bag does, but it says it's nice to punch lol

And Muku, just send me a trade request when you're on. I'll be EV training my Kyogre.

Sweet, thank you. Luck has been kind of shit today, so hoping it picks up with these three.

Edit: Oh wait, you wanted a Victini too, correct? Can trade you one when trade things back.

DaBoss

I've been thinking about this. What does the post-game content exactly consist of?
  • Battle Maison
  • Friend Safari
  • Get the rest of the Mega Stones (I feel locking this to post-game was not a good idea)
  • Looker Quests
  • Catch Legendaries (legendary bird, Mewtwo, Zygarde)
That's all I can think of.

MicH

@MicH
Don't want to battle atm, currently EV training
Huh? I'm not even online :p

But yeah, I'm up for some multis if we can gather more people, ugoo18

EDIT v Oh yeah, I haven't even touched the Chateau. I really should. I've also recently started doing the Inverse battles as I need some more berries. I only have the basic ones :/

Kinvara

I've been thinking about this. What does the post-game content exactly consist of?
  • Battle Maison
  • Friend Safari
  • Get the rest of the Mega Stones (I feel locking this to post-game was not a good idea)
  • Looker Quests
  • Catch Legendaries (legendary bird, Mewtwo, Zygarde)
That's all I can think of.

There's also the Battle Chateau. I'm trying to reach the Grand Duchess rank.

(The lack of post-game content is the worst thing about XY)

one_kill

Huh? I'm not even online :p

But yeah, I'm up for some multis if we can gather more people, ugoo18

EDIT v Oh yeah, I haven't even touched the Chateau. I really should. I've also recently started doing the Inverse battles as I need some more berries. I only have the basic ones :/
Oh my bad. It was the other Michael (Gridlock) haha

There's also the Battle Chateau. I'm trying to reach the Grand Duchess rank.

(The lack of post-game content is the worst thing about XY)
Yeah post game really sucks, but at least the competitive aspect is better.

MicH

I decided I'm totally gonna breed a Gyarados. I've never really used one and today is the day I'm breeding one. My new dilemma is whether I should go Intimidate or Moxie. I may make one of each

one_kill

I decided I'm totally gonna breed a Gyarados. I've never really used one and today is the day I'm breeding one. My new dilemma is whether I should go Intimidate or Moxie. I may make one of each
The ones I've faced are mostly Moxie. They switch in when my Pokemon will die in one go, kill it, then mega evolve the next turn.

MicH

The ones I've faced are mostly Moxie. They switch in when my Pokemon will die in one go, kill it, then mega evolve the next turn.
Yeah, I really like that strategy, but jumping in on a physical attacker with Intimidate is very useful as well.

I am amazed at how easy I'm hatching these Magikarp eggs. No O-Power needed, can't even get five eggs before some have hatched haha

Ultimadrago

I love Gyarados. I have one of each ability (actually two/three with Intimidate). I love Moxie, but Intimidate makes great use of its walling potential.

MicH

I've had some amazing luck getting 6 IV Pokemon lately;

Timid Dry Skin Helioptile w/ HP Ice 31/0/30/31/31/31

Brave No Guard Karrablast 31/31/31/0/31/31/0

And just now:

Timid Compund Eyes Joltik 31/0/31/31/31/31

I didn't even have a Pokemon with 0 Attack at the Day Care, so it was pure luck. Very cool!

jsrv

So there's this guy in my acquaintance list that keeps trading me the same things back and forth. what is he trying to do? I figure it was to add me to his friend list but when I try to register him at the end of a trade it says 'could not be registered.' Am I doing something wrong here?

one_kill

So there's this guy in my acquaintance list that keeps trading me the same things back and forth. what is he trying to do? I figure it was to add me to his friend list but when I try to register him at the end of a trade it says 'could not be registered.' Am I doing something wrong here?
Just ignore him lol

Not worth the trouble

MicH

MY GOD I AM GOING INSANE

Trying to find a female Sturdy Bergmine in a friend safari. Freaking Snovers everywhere and when I finally find a Bergmine it never has Sturdy

*sigh*

one_kill

MY GOD I AM GOING INSANE

Trying to find a female Sturdy Bergmine in a friend safari. Freaking Snovers everywhere and when I finally find a Bergmine it never has Sturdy

*sigh*
I'm currently fighting a dude who's probably afk so I have to keep waiting for the timer to run its course.

I'd d/c, but I don't want him to feel like he "won" so I'm slugging it out!

This is the third time this has happened to me, two of which, including the one I'm fighting now, are from Mexico.

Since the day I got the Shiny Charm, I've been trying to hatch or PokéRadar chain a shiny Goomy.

An hour after I give up hatching for the night and decide to go back to chaining, I'm practicing on a random Shelmet chain.

The third Pokémon in the chain?

cDPqhqa.jpg

I still want Goomy. :(

Sigmaah

Shiny ice punch, knock off conkeldurr and accelgor obtained! got the gliscor and escavalier I wanted too! I think it's time I can finally make a team and play matches!

MicH

In a few hours I managed to breed four perfect Pokemon; Magikarp, Joltik, Murkrow and Bergmite

So easy, so nice. I think I wanna try breeding anElectivire next

Crits are pretty gnarly, at least they only do 1.5x damage now instead of 2x.

I'm super-late to this, but Crits also factor in stat boosts when it is benificial to the attacker. If the attacker's attack has been lowered, then it ignores it. Same if the opponent's defenses has been raised. It also ignores Reflect/Light Screen, but not things like Eviolite, Burns, or Sandstorm's boost.

Quest1

Arright, so I've been up since 8am with nonstop movement. I want nothing more than to lay down and battle. Up for any and all formats, let me know.

jsrv

Just ignore him lol

Not worth the trouble

I was kinda wondering if there was an auto decline setting or something when trying to add another person as an acquaintance -> friend lol

don't think there is though so maybe he just didn't have his friend code set up yet or something.

Firestorm

I'm super-late to this, but Crits also factor in stat boosts when it is benificial to the attacker. If the attacker's attack has been lowered, then it ignores it. Same if the opponent's defenses has been raised. It also ignores Reflect/Light Screen, but not things like Eviolite, Burns, or Sandstorm's boost.
Yep. Basically, they're designed to discourage turtling / stalling.

TWILT

Banned
GGs Chris (Quest1?). I would play more, but gotta sleep now lol.

Fun matches; really don't like Cresselia or Cofagrigus haha.

Xerneas is top tier in ubers for a reason ;)

My ubers team has trouble fighting it even though I have a two Flash Cannon users. I ended up taking out a legenday and switching my Porygon2 in since it handles Xerneas very well.

I thought Scizor eats up Xerneas for breakfast?
because honestly, I'm pretty sure Xerneas' best set doesn't even use Geomancy, nor is it top tier in ubers

generally, Intimidate for doubles, Moxie for singles

Top Bottom