• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

On another note, does anyone know what Groups mean in Pokemon Bank? I just saw it today.
Groups are like a second sorting system, for working with certain groups of boxes at a single time. Initially, all the boxes (100) are in Group 1, but you can register them to different groups. For example, say I register Box 1 to Group 2. Now, I can select Group 2, and it'd be like I'm working with a 1-Box PC (with Transfer Box).

What I did, for example, is rename and register 24 boxes to another group, so I can have those separate 24 boxes under one group for the sole purpose of putting a copy of every Pokemon in. I plan to have another group solely for my raised Pokemon, but I have to work on the dex group first :p

Tiamant

Murkrow giveaway!

Murkrow.png

After lots of chain breeding I've got these sweet babies:

Adamant, Prankster, 4-5 IV's

Drill Peck
Whirlwind
Brave Bird
Roost

I have a few with Insomnia and Super Luck so feel free to ask.

DaBoss

Post here when you come online SeZ.
Groups are like a second sorting system, for working with certain groups of boxes at a single time. Initially, all the boxes (100) are in Group 1, but you can register them to different groups. For example, say I register Box 1 to Group 2. Now, I can select Group 2, and it'd be like I'm working with a 1-Box PC (with Transfer Box).

What I did, for example, is rename and register 24 boxes to another group, so I can have those separate 24 boxes under one group for the sole purpose of putting a copy of every Pokemon in. I plan to have another group solely for my raised Pokemon, but I have to work on the dex group first :p
Thank you for the explanation. I was thinking about using a group for the national dex, but I thought it may have been limited to 10 boxes. Glad to hear that isn't the case.

btkadams

i transferred over my complete pokedex from black to the new games. man, they really made it take forever by having you move everything into box 1, open poketransporter to transfer to the pokemon bank, AND THEN have you move the pokemon out of the transporter box into the main pokemon bank boxes. couldn't they have streamlined that a bit?

it feels good to finally have a complete pokedex in x/y. the shiny charm reward is a little underwhelming though. there isn't anything else that you get for completion, right?

i wish there was something more to these games that could keep me coming back. i have no interest in IV/EV training and playing competitively, so there's really nothing beyond completing the game and catching everything. it's not like i haven't gotten my money's worth out of the games (100hrs in x/y combined), but still.

MicH

Does anyone have (or have access to) a female Water Veil Buizel in a luxury ball? I don't have any Buizel friend safaries :/

Kirlia

Banned
I've pretty thrilled right now. I once tried to breed shiny Hawlucha, but gave up after about 100 eggs. After getting the Shiny Charm and Hatching Power Level 3, I decided to try again and ended up getting a female shiny Hawlucha in a little over 50 eggs. She has Unburden, a Jolly nature and 5IVs. The only real disappointment is that the one non-perfect IV is in Attack, but I'm still very happy!

Also, if anyone has access to Sun or Garden pattern Vivillon, I'd love to have one.

Chopper

I CAN DO IT .... I CAN DO IT ...
m5zn_ca750910c4df63b.jpg

this is me right now. 120 pokemon in 1 day
images
I'm currently doing the same. But I'm confused as to what the requirements are to capitalise on all the rewards. I know there's an Oval Charm and a Shiny Charm. But there are crowns for the Pokedex? And you have to actually breed or catch (as opposed to bank) all of the Kalos Pokemon for them to count? Or not? Confusing.

KiraFA37

You need to have their data in the pokedex if I'm correct. Problem is I'm starting the complete the Kalos dex to, mainly for the oval charm. But all the pokemon I train now I wanna give good IV/Natures/Abilities, which implies more breeding and thus time. But I'm doing this to reduce the time between eggs... Arceus damn my OCD!!!

L.O.R.D

I'm currently doing the same. But I'm confused as to what the requirements are to capitalise on all the rewards. I know there's an Oval Charm and a Shiny Charm. But there are crowns for the Pokedex? And you have to actually breed or catch (as opposed to bank) all of the Kalos Pokemon for them to count? Or not? Confusing.

the golden crown maybe the hardest task in the game
all pokemon must be breed or catched in Kalos
i think that doesn't apply to the national pokedex
because one of my friends got it

MicH

the golden crown maybe the hardest task in the game
all pokemon must be breed or catched in Kalos
i think that doesn't apply to the national pokedex
because one of my friends got it
Why aren't there crowns for the regional dexes??? That's weird

Zomba13

I CAN DO IT .... I CAN DO IT ...
m5zn_ca750910c4df63b.jpg

this is me right now. 120 pokemon in 1 day
images

If I can manage to get around to it anyone can. Last ones for me were the version exclusive trade item pink things.

How do you get the crowns for regional? Catch/breed all in Kalos? Wish I knew that in advance. Can you still get the crown if you catch/breed/evolve the ones you missed with ones from Kalos?

Murkrow giveaway!

Murkrow.png

Drill Peck
Whirlwind
Brave Bird
Roost

Can you spare one for me, please? :)

Friend Code: 4124-5030-9094
Trainer Name: Joshua

I can be online in just a moment!

Usobuko

Banned
Battle Spot has so many people with full teams of Legendaries now. I hate Legendaries. Especially the ones that are obviously Pokegened.

I rather face a team full of legendaries than a team that follows Smogon tier and still uses a few legendaries within that tier. I'll never know what to switch in to stuff like Genesect when he can essentially run a phy.atk or sp.atk set.

One wrong prediction in battlespot and you're done. That's 3v3 for you.

JulianImp

Okay, I've just tried my old team out in some random battles, and did okay so far in spite of not even having most of the held items I need. So, anyone up for some singles battles? I'll go and add my 3DS friend code to my profile now to make things easier.

I don't think it learns soft-boiled through breeding, still, thanks for your offer.

Edit: Wait, it is possible for me to borrow and make a copy for myself. I can't believe I rather stubborn when it comes to moonlight vs softboiled although softboiled give it away that it's a Magic Guard Clefable.

Lmao, yea. I got Softboiled and Wish mixed up for egg moves.

Anyways, the Calm one is with a friend atm, but I do have a Physical one that is lacking a few moves and the essential Moonblast. Deal?

I do have a few 5IV Cleffa now. Glad I caught myself after remembering Wish.

Anyone want them? The natures are varied but they have Wish.

(by few, I mean two)

MicH

@MicH: Sorry I didn't have any buizel's in a luxury ball or have a friend safari. :x
:( Thanks for looking

If anyone has one, please let me know!

And my god I just finished EV training and levelling 6 Pokemon, including my shiny Roserade :3 YAY

Son Of D

I seem to have exhausted the Moon Stone supply in Kalos somehow. What's a quicker way of getting them? Super training, Lunatones or a Pickup army?

I didn't think about that. I should do this with my PokeDex boxes.

JulianImp

Murkrow giveaway!

Murkrow.png

Drill Peck
Whirlwind
Brave Bird
Roost

Do you still have any of those left? I'd like to get my hands on one of them.

Usobuko

Banned
Cofagrigus mummy ability is situational useful.

Just has a match with Mega Mawile. It used Play Rough and has its ability has changed from Huge Power to Mummy. Then you proceed to either WoW it or Knock Off incoming switch.

:( Thanks for looking

If anyone has one, please let me know!

And my god I just finished EV training and levelling 6 Pokemon, including my shiny Roserade :3 YAY
I got you. Just give me a minute to catch one from the Safari. Do you need a hidden ability or anything?

MicH

Yeah, Super Training can be good for obtaining stones, but it can also be a bitch. I've had to do so many sessions before getting a stone, but just now it only took me two tries to get a shiny stone

Oh yes, Water Veil please! Thank you so much :D Are you looking for anything in particular?
If you have a spare Luxury female Whismur or member of the Togepi line, that'd be cool. If not, no worries! ^-^

EDIT: Found one! Send me a request when you're ready.

Usobuko

Banned
Lmao, yea. I got Softboiled and Wish mixed up for egg moves.

Anyways, the Calm one is with a friend atm, but I do have a Physical one that is lacking a few moves and the essential Moonblast. Deal?

I do have a few 5IV Cleffa now. Glad I caught myself after remembering Wish.

Anyone want them? The natures are varied but they have Wish.

(by few, I mean two)

It's okay because I do have 5IV Cleffa so you can pass around these breeding prospects to others.

MicH

If you have a spare Luxury female Whismur or member of the Togepi line, that'd be cool. If not, no worries! ^-^

EDIT: Found one! Send me a request when you're ready.
I may have a Togepi but I need to check first. I'm on my way to bed though, so we may have to trade tomorrow if that's okay

EDIT Ah great timing :D give me a min

I am a freaking idiot.

I totally forgot that Pokebank doesn't let Pokémon hold their hold items.

I put in all the Pokémon I had on my physical X version into the Pokebank so I can eventually put my battle team in my digital Y battle box when I start a new save but I left their hold items on them and got rid of my X game with the items still on it.

I am a freaking idiot.

I totally forgot that Pokebank doesn't let Pokémon hold their hold items.

I put in all the Pokémon I had on my physical X version into the Pokebank so I can eventually put my battle team in my digital Y battle box when I start a new save but I left their hold items on them and got rid of my X game with the items still on it.
Dang! Sorry dude... that's rough.

Thanks for the Loudred, MicH!

Top Bottom