• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

octopiggy

17 more pokemon until my pokedex is completed. 16 of which are legendaries.

Can somebody quick-trade a Porygon with me to get Porygon 2? I have one holding an upgrade ready to go.

edit: FC: 3668-7381-6669, IGN: Steve

If you don't mind waiting, I got the Gardevior and I can clone for you. Comes with Destiny Bond.

But yes, my wish list is still defog togekiss and softboiled clefable. Heh, gen 3 move tutor.

You're in huge luck.

I am 90% sure I have a Softboiled Clefable.

Do you mind a Clefairy? The Clefable I have is EV trained.

...if Clefairy can learn it via breeding.

Usobuko

Banned
You're in huge luck.

I am 90% sure I have a Softboiled Clefable.

Do you mind a Clefairy? The Clefable I have is EV trained.

Heh, thanks. Anything goes in evolution line, which nature is it and what iv does it have? Preferably I would prefer bold/calm nature. I'm busy atm, got to go off for a while.

Heh, thanks. Anything goes in evolution line, which nature is it and what iv does it have? Preferably I would prefer bold/calm nature. I'm busy atm, got to go off for a while.

The one I have is Calm and is pretty much perfect unless you want Phys. Offensive Clefable too.

I can breed a ton by later on today.

mylasthope

Neo Member
Do we need to see all the legendary birds to finish the Kalos pokedex? Serebii says #151 is Articuno and I'm only seeing Zapdos. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I won't ever see Articuno in my game if I see Zapdos, right?

The one I have is Calm and is pretty much perfect unless you want Phys. Offensive Clefable too.

If you have any extras, I'd love one as well. :)

one_kill

Do we need to see all the legendary birds to finish the Kalos pokedex? Serebii says #151 is Articuno and I'm only seeing Zapdos. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I won't ever see Articuno in my game if I see Zapdos, right?
That dex actually extends to 153, but only 150 is counted to "complete" it... I think. It's been a long time since I finished so I don't remember lol.

Want some advice on getting Articuno and Moltres? Milotic is good bait. You can easily get the three birds by offering Milotic. As for getting Milotic, I've been using some of my breeding rejects, but in the past I've used Elekid, Elgyem, and Baltoy.

mylasthope

Neo Member
That dex actually extends to 153, but only 150 is counted to "complete" it... I think. It's been a long time since I finished so I don't remember lol.

Want some advice on getting Articuno and Moltres? Milotic is good bait. You can easily get the three birds by offering Milotic. As for getting Milotic, I've been using some of my breeding rejects, but in the past I've used Elekid, Elgyem, and Baltoy.

Thanks for the clarification. I'll try to find someone with an electabuzz safari then. :)

L.O.R.D

i have a very long journey to get the golden crown for every pokedex
if i didn't extend my subscription for the bank, what will happen to my pokemon in the bank ?

edit:
What happens to my Pokémon if the no-charge trial period ends or my paid pass expires when my Pokémon are still deposited in Pokémon Bank? Will my Pokémon be lost?

If your trial pass or annual pass expires and you do not purchase a new pass, you can still withdraw your Pokémon from Pokémon Bank for a set period of time. However, once that set period of time ends, any Pokémon remaining in your Pokémon Bank Boxes will be lost. Be sure to withdraw your deposited Pokémon as soon as possible, or purchase a new annual pass.

http://www.pokemonbank.com/en-us/faq/

oh shit

freoleo29

Wow, Contrary Serperior is not allowed in battle spot same as other HA starters, just got booted out of it,
usually i would be fine with this but if you are going to hack check then do it before the Pokemon is in my game :\
Also i may aswell try to get the rest of the starter's with HA so wish me luck on getting them through bank :p

SeZMehK

Wow, Contrary Serperior is not allowed in battle spot same as other HA starters, just got booted out of it,
usually i would be fine with this but if you are going to hack check then do it before the Pokemon is in my game :\
Also i may aswell try to get the rest of the starter's with HA so wish me luck on getting them through bank :p

You can use it against friends.

freoleo29

You can use it against friends.

Yeah i know, that was the main reason i bothered getting them but i wanted to get use to it before i started wrecking my mate ;)
I guess its fair because they are hacked but lets face it everything is hacked now
Honestly would've preferred a full cut off this gen but lets save that argument for a different time :p

Wichu

Well, if you're knowingly abusing a bug in the hack checker, you don't really have the right to be annoyed that your hacks get flagged as hacked later on :p

Usobuko

Banned

I don't think it learns soft-boiled through breeding, still, thanks for your offer.

Edit: Wait, it is possible for me to borrow and make a copy for myself. I can't believe I rather stubborn when it comes to moonlight vs softboiled although softboiled give it away that it's a Magic Guard Clefable.

El_Chino

Debating if I should trade a shiny lvl 100 Deoxys I've stumbled upon and does anyone want a shiny Suicune? I'm looking for Rayquaza or Ho-oh in return.

RoySFNR

So I just had someone use Mega Khangaskhan on me on battlespot.

This wouldn't be that weird except well... it started using Fire Blast and Shadow Ball on me. I literally have no idea what is going on. Those Japanese people and their weird sets..

This wouldn't be that weird except well... it started using Fire Blast and Shadow Ball on me. I literally have no idea what is going on. Those Japanese people and their weird sets..
And now I start to understand why I managed to get a legendary for my unwanted 6IV one...
it was adamant and early bird

Edit: 60 SpA...it is like using Toxic Spikes on Greninja. It also seems like I got Karns base stats wrong in my planning, I thought it had 70 Spd and so invested in HP instead...

one_kill

Debating if I should trade a shiny lvl 100 Deoxys I've stumbled upon and does anyone want a shiny Suicune? I'm looking for Rayquaza or Ho-oh in return.
What's the nature and IVs of your shiny Suicune?

Was he/she any good?

RoySFNR

And now I start to understand why I managed to get a legendary for my unwanted 6IV one...
it was adamant and early bird

Edit: 60 SpA...it is like using Toxic Spikes on Greninja.

Yeah that caught me too. I freaked out and quickly attempted to look up his SpA because I was in with a defensive Aegislash. It was a nice attempt though and I can see how it can catch some pokemon off-guard but still..

Was he/she any good?

Not sure, he had a bit of bad luck with my sets but that Khan probably would've gotten my Aegislash down had it not get up a sub on his Heracross.

El_Chino

What's the nature and IVs of your shiny Suicune?
Nature is Relaxed and I'm not good with IVs calculations lol but what I can tell is that its Level 50 and its individual stats are as follows: HP 171, Atk 93, Def. 133, Sp. Atk 113, Sp. Def is 127 and speed is 92.

Wichu

Fire Blast on Mega Kangaskhan has a ~50% chance of burning if it connects - that could definitely catch some things off guard. Also fucks over Ferrothorn that likes to switch in :)

Just hatched a Shiny Evee!

47qQHsN.jpg

Does anyone have a spare thunderstone? I have a few 4IV Evees to trade for it,

Korosenai

He's too good! My team had no synergy haha.

Edit: omg murdered first turn!

Your Pinsir is shiny.... i'm so jelly.

edit: Dang, should have just went for extreme speed.

edit2: Nevermind haha. GG's man! You want to play some again later? I need to go eat lunch now.

Quest1

Let's run it back. I'll use my vgc team, these random things aren't working haha.

Edit: yeah sure, I have work in a little bit, but if the office is empty I'm down lol. Or maybe we'll play on showdown or something. I clearly need doubles practice haha.

Korosenai

Let's run it back. I'll use my vgc team, these random things aren't working haha.

Edit: yeah sure, I have work in a little bit, but if the office is empty I'm down lol. Or maybe we'll play on showdown or something. I clearly need doubles practice haha.

Yeah, we can play again in a bit. I'll post again later when i'm ready, or we can just play tonight when you get off work.

Mumups

Hi guys, if I get a Golurk from the bank with the elemental punches move tutored on will I be able to breed it in X/Y to get a perfect Golurk with the elemental punches as egg moves or will I have to breed the Golurk inside black2/white2?

MicH

Hi guys, if I get a Golurk from the bank with the elemental punches move tutored on will I be able to breed it in X/Y to get a perfect Golurk with the elemental punches as egg moves or will I have to breed the Golurk inside black2/white2?
Sadly, no. Tutor moves cannot be passed down through breeding :(

Zomba13

Anyone got an Aromatisse they will trade with me for my Swirlix with the whip cream and back? Just need those two and I'll have a full dex.

On right now, FC: 5155-2898-0702

EDIT: Never mind. The Quilava I put on the GTS finally traded for an Aromatisse and I managed to trade that for a Slurpuff on the GTS.

Pokédex Complete!

DaBoss

I have EV reducing berries ready for SeZ and MicH.

People who generally use legendaries on (free) Battle Spot don't really have any strategy other than use legendaries.
Yeah i know, that was the main reason i bothered getting them but i wanted to get use to it before i started wrecking my mate ;)
I guess its fair because they are hacked but lets face it everything is hacked now
Honestly would've preferred a full cut off this gen but lets save that argument for a different time :p
That's not true and it isn't justification to start using hacks either.
My nickname on Pokemon Y...

uuqxj7w.jpg
lol

SeZMehK

I have EV reducing berries ready for SeZ and MicH.

People who generally use legendaries on (free) Battle Spot don't really have any strategy other than use legendaries.

That's not true and it isn't justification to start using hacks either.

lol
Oh cool. How many trades? I've got nothing interesting to give atm. Haven't bred anything new. :/

DaBoss

Woah, thank you so much for this :D How many trades are we talking about? And are there anything in particular you want in return?
Oh cool. How many trades? I've got nothing interesting to give atm. Haven't bred anything new. :/

And I don't really care what you give in return. I don't think I've bred or did stuff for the past 3 weeks lol. I just only do the GAF tourney battles.

EDIT: Did Pokemon Bank stuff and am still ordering my National Dex in order.

EDIT: Did Pokemon Bank stuff and am still ordering my National Dex in order.
Doing this takes a ridiculous time commitment with my massive collection of unsorted Pokemon, lol

Sort of wish you could filter and highlight results from the search like you can in the XY PC... or even make a custom filter from which you can then say "move all this to box A".

DaBoss

Thanks for the Pokemon, MicH. Check to make sure every stat is covered with those berries.
Doing this takes a ridiculous time commitment with my massive collection of unsorted Pokemon, lol

Sort of wish you could filter and highlight results from the search like you can in the XY PC... or even make a custom filter from which you can then say "move all this to box A".
Yea, I wish it did this.

On another note, does anyone know what Groups mean in Pokemon Bank? I just saw it today.

And as for my progress, I just need to fill in the blanks by hatching Pokemon and stuff.

Top Bottom