• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

ffdgh

Rng shinies aside.

Wild ducklett In black one or two. Can't remember.

MM: Scragy, zoura, scyther, and munchlax in black 1.

For X, Safari teddiursa and swadloon. Horde mime jr and swalot.

MM: Charmander, Chimchar, Growlithe(2), Treecko, Eevee, and froakie(2).

MicH

Sorted out all my Kanto Pokemon and put them in order. Still need a lot of first and second stage evolutions, but it's looking good so far! Love this idea!

Drago

Definitely! That really shows how small Gen VI was Pokémon-wise.
Yeah, seriously. I'm actually pretty thankful for that since it made GTS torture minimal, hah, but it really puts into perspective how tiny it was. My mind was kinda blown when I got done with all the gen 6 Pokémon. Makes sense when you have 30 mega Pokémon though.

At least the Pokémon they did introduce were a mostly high quality bunch :)

Muku

Just curious, if I want to subscribe to PokeBank for a year but already am into my free period time, is there a way to do that? Or do I have to wait for the trial to end?

Drago

Just curious, if I want to subscribe to PokeBank for a year but already am into my free period time, is there a way to do that? Or do I have to wait for the trial to end?
Need to know the answer to this as well, I don't see any options to buy while I'm in the free trial.

We have a year to re subscribe before the Pokémon are deleted, right?

DaBoss

We have a year to re subscribe before the Pokémon are deleted, right?
No.
I thought they were deleted as soon as your subscription expires
NO WAY! They aren't that crazy. :p

Q: What happens to my Pokémon if the no-charge trial period ends or my paid pass expires when my Pokémon are still deposited in Pokémon Bank? Will my Pokémon be lost?

A: If your trial pass or annual pass expires and you do not purchase a new pass, you can still withdraw your Pokémon from Pokémon Bank for a set period of time. However, once that set period of time ends, any Pokémon remaining in your Pokémon Bank Boxes will be lost. Be sure to withdraw your deposited Pokémon as soon as possible, or purchase a new annual pass.

http://www.pokemonbank.com/en-ca/faq/

Drago

I thought they were deleted as soon as your subscription expires
I know for a fact that there is a period after a subscription ends where you can withdraw the Pokémon in the bank or resubscribe. I think you have a year but I may have misheard.

Edit: so we don't know, alrighty. Guess I was confusing it with how long PS+ cloud saves stay before they are deleted after a sub ends.

Hoping that the option to buy opens up once the free trial is over because I don't see the option anywhere

StarVigil

Yatta!
qUNYHjI.jpg

Without PokeGAF this wouldn't be possible, thank you very much.
And Muku,
K79Mu0H.gif

I'll wait for you all at Mt. Silver!

Still haven't found a wild shiny, even after getting the shiny charm yesterday. Over 160 hours with X and Y combined too. Feels bad man ;(

I'm sure one will turn up eventually though. Hopefully one I like, lol.

It's all just luck of the RNG, I've run into 5. One in Friend safari, one in terminus cave, two in horde battles EV training, and one MM breeding (only after 5 eggs.)

Teddiursa, Durant, Wingull, Foongus, Inkay respectively. 290 hrs played. If you REALLY want one, just fish chain or MM. :p

JulianImp

So, I played a few singles random ranked matches, reaching a stellar 0-8 record (woo!). I thought I wasn't going to do that bad when I got to win three unranked matches in a row yesterday, but I guess using a mish-mash of pokémon I just imported all the way from Gen 4 with little to no strategy behind my choices set me up to fail against ranked teams.

Anyone got any tips on building decent teams, both for singles and other game modes as well? I'd figure singles mostly relies on having good type coverage and having things that handle different roles (sweepers, walls, support, etc.), whereas doubles is a lot more reliant on having good synergy between your pokémon, right?

Out of my current team, the only two 'mons I think I'll be keeping are Aerodactyl (glass cannon sweeper) and Muk (special wall), but I'm not sure what else I'll be using... for now, I'm thinking about adding a Honedge out of the new pokémon (would it do any good to not evolve it all the way to Aegislash and give it an eviolite?).

Muku

Yatta!
qUNYHjI.jpg

Without PokeGAF this wouldn't be possible, thank you very much.
And Muku,
K79Mu0H.gif

I'll wait for you all at Mt. Silver!

Haha, it's because PokeGAF is so awesome that I could help. I love PokeGAF. You guys are so awesome. And congratulations as well! :)

And your amazing gift to me is awesome. So thank you, too!

Quest1

Haha, it's because PokeGAF is so awesome that I could help. I love PokeGAF. You guys are so awesome. And congratulations as well! :)

And your amazing gift to me is awesome. So thank you, too!

"Everything is awesoooome! Everything is cool when you're part of a team!"

Sorry, couldn't resist haha.

Congrats all!

Usobuko

Banned
Anyway has Karrablast with Knock Off, Drill Run, Iron Head, Mega horn?

Drill Run is egg moves from Gen 6 onwards? Iron Head and Knock Off are Move Tutored from Gen 5? Mega Horn is also another egg move.

Is this set even possible?

macklelol

Drill Run is egg moves from Gen 6 onwards? Iron Head and Knock Off are Move Tutored from Gen 5? Mega Horn is also another egg move.

Yeah, all of those moves except Iron Head is an egg move, and Iron Head is a level up move for Escavalier.

Does a pokemon need to be a certain level for the iv judge to work?

Im trying to use the perfect IV scyther Gillian seed gave me, but the babies I made using a destiny knot and ditto aren't giving me the responses by the judge that I should if 5 ivs transferred successfully.

ugoo18

Does a pokemon need to be a certain level for the iv judge to work?

Im trying to use the perfect IV scyther Gillian seed gave me, but the babies I made using a destiny knot and ditto aren't giving me the responses by the judge that I should if 5 ivs transferred successfully.

Nope

How many IVs does the Ditto and the Scyther have?

Two 6IV Parents will guarantee a 5IV child at worst.

A 6IV Parent and a 5IV Parent will guarantee a 4IV child at worst.

EDIT: Anyone up for multi battles now?

Nope

EDIT: Anyone up for multi battles now?

The ditto is a wild one, so I imagine it has 0

I thought the destiny knot meant 5 IVs transferred for sure. Guess it makes sense that the partner still matters.

Kirlia

Banned
Nope

ugoo is right. I'm not great with statistics, but since the Destiny Knot guarantees a 5 IV transfer...if you were to have a 6IV Ditto and a parent with no perfect IVs, you'd still have a good shot of having at least one perfect IV on the child, I think. The Destiny Knot would pick 5 random IVs from both parents. But in my experience, a 6IV parent and a 0IV parent usually have kids with at least two perfect IVs. Good luck!

one_kill

Yes, I run this set :D
Haven't had much use for Drill Run, but it's nice to have

ugoo18

The ditto is a wild one, so I imagine it has 0

I thought the destiny knot meant 5 IVs transferred for sure. Guess it makes sense that the partner still matters.

You're correct still.

5IVs will be transferred however they are random so depending on the quality of the parents you could get their good and bad ivs if they have any.

With perfect parents 5 perfect IVs will definitely be transferred and then the final IV is random, so it could be a perfect one or it could be a terrible one.

If i remember correctly you have a 1/32 chance of a 6IV baby from 2 6IV parents.

Is the ditto from a friend safari or the Pokemon village?

If it's from a friend safari then it's guaranteed to have at least 2 perfect IVs.

You're correct still.

5IVs will be transferred however they are random so depending on the quality of the parents you could get their good and bad ivs if they have any.

With perfect parents 5 perfect IVs will definitely be transferred and then the final IV is random, so it could be a perfect one or it could be a terrible one.

If i remember correctly you have a 1/32 chance of a 6IV baby from 2 6IV parents.

Thank you everyone for clearing that up for me.

Looks like I need to get an awesome ditto.

EDIT: If I catch a friend safari ditto with two IVs, what are the odds then with a perfect scyther?

EDIT 2: Shit, ditto is in the third slot and I have no one on my list that is normal that I have meet online.

ugoo18

Thank you everyone for clearing that up for me.

Looks like I need to get an awesome ditto.

EDIT: If I catch a friend safari ditto with two IVs, what are the odds then with a perfect scyther?

Odds of a 6IV baby using a 2IV Ditto and a 5 or 6IV parent?

1/307 according to this if using a 6IV parent

http://destinyknot.tk/

For a 5IV parent it's essentially like Matsudaing a shiny with the shiny charm at about 1/1536 (It's significantly worse odds than the shiny if my experience Matsudaing with the charm is anything to go by)

Odds of a 6IV baby using a 2IV Ditto and a 5 or 6IV parent?

1/307 according to this if using a 6IV parent

http://destinyknot.tk/

For a 5IV parent it's essentially like Matsudaing a shiny with the shiny charm at about 1/1536 (It's arguably worse odds than the shiny if my experience is anything to go by)

Thank you.

I am clearly in over my head. I should just settle with the gift Gillian made me and make it a scizor and give up on raising my own.

ugoo18

Thank you.

I am clearly in over my head. I should just settle with the gift Gillian made me and make it a scizor and give up on raising my own.

You can still raise you own.

Anytime you hatch a child with a certain amount of IVs use that child with the perfect parent. You'll eventually end up with your perfect IV child.

Either that or someone here might be able to clone one of the God ditto's that are flying around or if you give me a sec i can Pokegen a 6IV ditto to trade you?

You can still raise you own.

Anytime you hatch a child with a certain amount of IVs use that child with the perfect parent. You'll eventually end up with your perfect IV child.

Either that or someone here might be able to clone one of the God ditto's that are flying around or if you give me a sec i can Pokegen a 6IV ditto to trade you?

Im an idiot for forgetting that.

Having a god ditto would be amazing. It would jump start me on being able to make my perfect dream team.

Are you available tonight?

I am 1289 8226 9509
IGN is Dante

ugoo18

Im an idiot for forgetting that.

Having a god ditto would be amazing. It would jump start me on being able to make my perfect dream team.

Are you available tonight?

I am 1289 8226 9509
IGN is Dante

My FC is 5026 - 4484 - 2541

IGN is Rahl

Any particular nature for the Ditto?

My FC is 5026 - 4484 - 2541

IGN is Rahl

Any particular nature for the Ditto?

according to the table I looked just looked up, im thinking either neutral or modest, since Special ATK will need to cover 3 of my dream team.

Im incredibly grateful for your help though, so I am not picky at all. I will take whatever I can get happily.

ugoo18

according to the table I looked just looked up, im thinking either neutral or modest, since Special ATK will need to cover 3 of my dream team.

Im incredibly grateful for your help though, so I am not picky at all. I will take whatever I can get happily.

No problem, I'll gen a modest one then.

lol yeah

EDIT: Do you need that Kadabra evolved?

I have a few that need to make the jump, yeah. Is that ok? Do you have time?

EDIT: pokeGAF is going to help me make this gen my favorite. You guys are amazing.

DOUBLE EDIT: I just realized im sticking you with a bunch of evolution animations. Im sorry.

ugoo18

I have a few that need to make the jump, yeah. Is that ok? Do you have time?

EDIT: pokeGAF is going to help me make this gen my favorite. You guys are amazing.

DOUBLE EDIT: I just realized im sticking you with a bunch of evolution animations. Im sorry.

No problem, anything else you need?

Do you need the egg back?

Top Bottom