• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

JoeM86

This was just announced

Next week, from Monday February 17th 2014 to Tuesday February 18th 2014, there is to be an incredibly extended maintenance, blocking all PGL features, Ranked Battles, Game Sync etc.

This runs from:

Japan: 17/02/2014 10:00 - 18/02/2014 21:00
UK: 17/02/2014 01:00 - 18/02/2014 12:00
US EST: 16/02/2014 20:00 - 18/02/2014 07:00
US PST: 16/02/2014 17:00 - 18/02/2014 04:00

No reason given, just that the PGL is to be "updated".

El_Chino

Sent ya a PM, but if you're going to bed that's cool. Just respond to one I sent. Will handle rest from there. :)

Edit: It's all good one_kill, think I'm going to stay offline unless I have to go on to trade tonight. Tired of passerbys trying to trade with me this evening.
PM'd

SeZMehK

So, I've been a bit busy. Got some Pokemon to give out. These are currently what I have:

x2 Keldeo
x2 Darkrai
x2 JP 6IV Ditto
x2 Jirachi
x2 Victini
x2 Meloetta
x2 Genesect
x2 Arceus
x2 Deoxys
x1 Shaymin
x2 Manaphy
x1 Mew
x2 Shiny 6IV Mew

Edit: If I run out of something you want, send me a PM about it and we'll talk about it.

Could I have a arceus, manaphy, and Meloetta?

Edit: It's all good one_kill, think I'm going to stay offline unless I have to go on to trade tonight. Tired of passerbys trying to trade with me this evening.
You can disable communication with passerby, acquaintance or friends in the PSS settings (I only found out as I read the manual and promptly disabled passerby as they're always a waste of time, a battle where I'm been picked out as they think I'll lose due to having 0 wins o9r waste of time trades where I spend 5 minutes trying to get them to take something worthwhile "oh I don't want your 4IV Female Fennekin I got a crappy Delphox").

Muku

You can disable communication with passerby, acquaintance or friends in the PSS settings (I only found out as I read the manual and promptly disabled passerby).

Oh really? I'm going to have to look into that. Random trading this generation I feel is pointless. Thank you, will save me grief while on.

Edit: YEEEEESSSSS thank you so much. I can be on and it be quiet!

L.O.R.D

just got another box of GOD Ditto
anyone want to help me distribute him ?
WP_20140213_001.jpg

MicH

Finished sorting my living dex up till Sinnoh. Just need Unova and Kalos. So many holes, oh so many. At least once I have them organized, I just have to catch the remaining Pokemon and put them into the holes. I'm not really in a rus anyway, so it's all good. Just need it done before Z/XY2 comes out

one_kill

By the way, I'm sure you already know this, but that Ditto is hacked, if you care about that kind of stuff. You can't have a Japanese Ditto with that nickname.
Yeah, we all know. It's just nice to have 6IV Dittos around because it makes breeding less tedious.

JulianImp

So, I've been a bit busy. Got some Pokemon to give out. These are currently what I have:

x2 Keldeo
x2 Darkrai
x2 JP 6IV Ditto
x3 JP 6IV Shiny Ditto
x2 Jirachi
x2 Victini
x1 Meloetta
x2 Genesect
x1 Arceus
x2 Deoxys
x1 Shaymin
x1 Manaphy
x1 Mew
x2 Shiny 6IV Mew

Edit: If I run out of something you want, send me a PM about it and we'll talk about it.

I'd love to get my hands on a Genesect, Meloetta or Shaymin, since I never got them trhough events or global distribution, and my pook Shaymin I caught through tweaking in Diamond was blocked from being transferred to Pokémon Bank.

just got another box of GOD Ditto
anyone want to help me distribute him ?
WP_20140213_001.jpg
Does the game's language set whether the pokémon works or not for MM, or is it the region language? I have an English copy set to Japanese. Still, I'd be thrilled to get one of those for personal breeding, if only for passing on its IVs.

By the way, to breed a perfect pokémon, am I supposed to use the Ditto and keep whichever offspring gets more 31s passed on from it until I get one with all IVs set to 31?

spiritfox

I'd love to get my hands on a Genesect, Meloetta or Shaymin, since I never got them trhough events or global distribution, and my pook Shaymin I caught through tweaking in Diamond was blocked from being transferred to Pokémon Bank.

Does the game's language set whether the pokémon works or not for MM, or is it the region language? I have an English copy set to Japanese. Still, I'd be thrilled to get one of those for personal breeding, if only for passing on its IVs.

By the way, to breed a perfect pokémon, am I supposed to use the Ditto and keep whichever offspring gets more 31s passed on from it until I get one with all IVs set to 31?

The game's language, so Japanese Dittos don't work for MM. But English Dittos do for you.

You need to use Destiny Knot, which passes down 5IVs from both parents. You just keep switching in parents with more perfect IVs until you get the spread you want. Getting 6IVs is still up to chance, since the last stat is still randomed, but you don't need 6IVs most of the time.

Muku

PM sent regarding Pokemon.

As for breeding, yeah. Breed a Pokemon with a perfect Ditto. Find out it's IVs. Replace current Pokemon in day care if IVs are better. Sometimes I'll swap it out too if IVs are in better places for what I'm going for as well. (Even if current one is 4IV if new 4IV one I get has it in stats I want I'll replace it.) But it'll get replaced until you have 5IV. 6IV takes a while and some RNG luck, but nice to breed when you have. I use first one to breed with. Any after that is bonus.

What you do is stick Destiny Knot on the Ditto and put Everstone on Pokemon you're breeding to keep it's nature. Before I bother with Ditto though I breed a Ditto with correct nature with an Everstone on it and breed with Pokemon. Get the one Pokemon out of egg then toss it in with perfect Ditto. But if you're going for hidden abilities and stuff can be a bit more time consuming.

L.O.R.D

The game's language, so Japanese Dittos don't work for MM. But English Dittos do for you.

You need to use Destiny Knot, which passes down 5IVs from both parents. You just keep switching in parents with more perfect IVs until you get the spread you want. Getting 6IVs is still up to chance, since the last stat is still randomed, but you don't need 6IVs most of the time.

The game's language ?
i thought you need a pokemon from a different region from the pokemon you are breeding right now
for example
you have US version of pokemon X
and you have french froakie , and this diito ( which is Japanese ditto )

spiritfox

The game's language ?
i thought you need a pokemon from a different region from the pokemon you are breeding right now
for example
you have US version of pokemon X
and you have french froakie , and this diito ( which is Japanese ditto )

Well, yes, but most likely you will be breeding with Pokemon the same language as your game. I guess I should make said it's 2 Pokemon with different languages.

JulianImp

Heh, that god ditto appears to have had some EV training, since its base stats are all the same (except for HP), but none of them match here. I always thought people would keep their breeding 'mons EV-less to make telling them apart from others easier.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
This was just announced

Next week, from Monday February 17th 2014 to Tuesday February 18th 2014, there is to be an incredibly extended maintenance, blocking all PGL features, Ranked Battles, Game Sync etc.

This runs from:

Japan: 17/02/2014 10:00 - 18/02/2014 21:00
UK: 17/02/2014 01:00 - 18/02/2014 12:00
US EST: 16/02/2014 20:00 - 18/02/2014 07:00
US PST: 16/02/2014 17:00 - 18/02/2014 04:00

No reason given, just that the PGL is to be "updated".

Hmm, wonder if we'll get updates on the Ninty Direct. Probably not, though.

I assume it's more hack-filtering stuff, but am hoping they ease the use of the process a bit.

MicH

Aw yeah, got a perfect 31/31/31/x/31/31 Jolly Prankster Riolu w/ Blaze Kick, High Jump Kick, Crunch and Bullet Punch in the first batch. Thank goodness

Time to breed a special one. Anyone got any Riolu/Lucario with Vacuum Wave?

Boogiepop

New Japanese event:

A new distribution event has also been announced. Within next month's CoroCoro, a special Serial Code is to be released. This Serial Code, like the Garchomp one last year, provides access to a special Charizard. If you are playing Pokémon X, it will give you a Charizard holding Charizardite Y. If you are playing Pokémon Y, it will give you a Charizard holding Charizardite X

~Your friendly neighbourhood Serebii

It'd be nice if we could get this one over here. I think we've gotten at least one of these types of events before, were you get something "exclusive" to the other game. Darn mega stones are a pain.

JoeM86

It'd be nice if we could get this one over here. I think we've gotten at least one of these types of events before, were you get something "exclusive" to the other game. Darn mega stones are a pain.

Of all the Gen VI events Japan has had so far, I'd say this one is the most likely to come over.

Dandalf

Neo Member
Dang.

Hatched my second shiny Fletchling last night, still no Gale Wings ability.

First one had Big Pecks and 31/X/31/31/31/31. This second one has Big Pecks and X/31/31/31/31/31.

In the interest of not wanting to see any more Fletchling eggs, I'm just going to use this second one and move forward with my next MM shiny hatch - Noibat.

I hatched 40 eggs last night to get a perfect parent, and so far have one with all 31's and an X in Special Defense. Won't be satisfied with the Noibat parent until it has 6 31's.

Since my Talonflame will have Flame Body, should I skip on teaching him Will-O-Wisp and give him Toxic instead? That way if I take a physical attack it can burn the opponent and I won't have a wasted move slot? I'm think I may go with:

-Brave Bird
-Flare Blitz
-U-turn
-Toxic

Thoughts?

Aw yeah, got a perfect 31/31/31/x/31/31 Jolly Prankster Riolu w/ Blaze Kick, High Jump Kick, Crunch and Bullet Punch in the first batch. Thank goodness

Time to breed a special one. Anyone got any Riolu/Lucario with Vacuum Wave?
That was fast! Awesome job! I guess you didn't have to go mad after all.

Kirlia

Banned

x2 Keldeo
x2 Darkrai
x2 JP 6IV Ditto
x3 JP 6IV Shiny Ditto
x2 Jirachi
x2 Victini
x1 Meloetta
x1 Genesect
x1 Arceus
x2 Deoxys
x1 Shaymin
x1 Manaphy
x1 Mew
x2 Shiny 6IV Mew

Wow, that's a lot of Pokemon. Surprised at how slow they're going. Could you save me a Victini and Genesect, if possible?

x2 Keldeo
x2 Darkrai
x2 JP 6IV Ditto
x3 JP 6IV Shiny Ditto
x2 Jirachi
x2 Victini
x1 Meloetta
x1 Genesect
x1 Arceus
x2 Deoxys
x1 Shaymin
x1 Manaphy
x1 Mew
x2 Shiny 6IV Mew

can I get one of these 6IV dittos?

El_Chino

x2 Keldeo
x2 Darkrai
x2 JP 6IV Ditto
x3 JP 6IV Shiny Ditto
x2 Jirachi
x2 Victini
x1 Meloetta
x1 Genesect
x1 Arceus
x2 Deoxys
x1 Shaymin
x1 Manaphy
x1 Mew
x2 Shiny 6IV Mew

Noooo Shaymin! :( lol PM me when you can.

x2 Keldeo
x2 Darkrai
x2 JP 6IV Ditto
x3 JP 6IV Shiny Ditto
x2 Jirachi
x2 Victini
x1 Meloetta
x1 Genesect
x1 Arceus
x2 Deoxys
x1 Shaymin
x1 Manaphy
x1 Mew
x2 Shiny 6IV Mew

Could you pm me about one of those Shiny Dittos?

MicH

That was fast! Awesome job! I guess you didn't have to go mad after all.
Still gotta breed a special one and breed Vacuum Wave onto one, which means even more waiting for a female, raising happiness and evolve it only during the day. God I hate it :p

Quest1

Still gotta breed a special one and breed Vacuum Wave onto one, which means even more waiting for a female, raising happiness and evolve it only during the day. God I hate it :p

The next time I see you on, you can borrow one I pokecheck'd to speed up your process. Modest/vacuum wave. At least if you don't get one before then!

Top Bottom