• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Usobuko

Banned
Aw yeah, got a perfect 31/31/31/x/31/31 Jolly Prankster Riolu w/ Blaze Kick, High Jump Kick, Crunch and Bullet Punch in the first batch. Thank goodness

Time to breed a special one. Anyone got any Riolu/Lucario with Vacuum Wave?

Does your rejects has these egg moves? Pass one to me please.

No ice punch in gen 6, thanks gamefreak.

macklelol

Man, that was some bullshit freeze, right there.

GGs Panzon. Should probably use a spinner/defog user so Talonflame doesn't get wrecked by rocks.

ALM5252

Aw yeah, got a perfect 31/31/31/x/31/31 Jolly Prankster Riolu w/ Blaze Kick, High Jump Kick, Crunch and Bullet Punch in the first batch. Thank goodness

Time to breed a special one. Anyone got any Riolu/Lucario with Vacuum Wave?

I got a Riolu with Vacuum Wave, six actually, and only one with prankster.

Panzon

Man, that was some bullshit freeze, right there.

GGs Panzon. Should probably use a spinner/defog user so Talonflame doesn't get wrecked by rocks.

My Pokemon Y copy where I had all my good teams were erased and Im just putting random teams together now. You wrecked me though no excuses from me. Incredible team you have there

Usobuko

Banned
I got a Riolu with Vacuum Wave, six actually, and only one with prankster.

Don't you guys want Nasty Plot ( egg move ) to go along with it?

I like this set.

Nasty Plot
Vacuum Wave
Flash Cannon
Dark Pulse

No Aura sphere because people rarely dare to switch in with something that can't take fighting-stab for fear of Close Combat. No way of telling if Lucario is phy.atk or sp.atk sweeper too.

Wait: Nvm, that's a level up move, not an egg move.

Muku

Haha, saved ya some time. Last couple days been having pretty good luck. *knocks on wood* Was going for a little of everything to see how quickly it runs out. If anyone is still interested in stuff on the list, whether I have it or not, send me a PM. Easier that way.

Also, going to let old list slide and update it from here right now just to get rid of rest of what I have.

x1 Keldeo
x2 Darkrai
x2 JP 6IV Ditto
x1 JP 6IV Shiny Ditto
x1 Jirachi
x1 Victini
x1 Meloetta
x1 Genesect
x1 Arceus
x1 Deoxys
x1 Shaymin
x1 Manaphy
x1 Mew

Remember, PM folks. Easier than spamming up the thread, heh. :( That and shows me who is on right now and who isn't, since I had a lot of PMs when I got on this morning. Giving them out as folks can nab them. But if what you want isn't on list, send me a tell anyway. We can talk about it.

ugoo18

Just had a battle against 1 talonflame and 5 Larvitars.......

Opponent instantly forfeited after i sent out Carbink :/

I'm not exactly sure what she was trying to do with the team.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Maybe she clicked the wrong team when it came time to choose between battle box and party?

one_kill

She was hatching eggs and accidentally clicked Party instead of Battle Box.

I tried to select to battle again with her but she declined and then disconnected.
Something came up or she saw your team and didn't want to battle you, then something came up :p

Chopper

Haha, saved ya some time. Last couple days been having pretty good luck. *knocks on wood* Was going for a little of everything to see how quickly it runs out. If anyone is still interested in stuff on the list, whether I have it or not, send me a PM. Easier that way.

Also, going to let old list slide and update it from here right now just to get rid of rest of what I have.

x2 Keldeo
x2 Darkrai
x2 JP 6IV Ditto
x1 JP 6IV Shiny Ditto
x2 Jirachi
x1 Victini
x1 Meloetta
x1 Genesect
x1 Arceus
x2 Deoxys
x1 Shaymin
x1 Manaphy
x1 Mew
Could I nab that shiny 6IV ditto?!

Is garchomp worth it? I'm looking down the list of ground Pokemon to put on my team and seeing that it can go dragon plus have a mega option seems awesome.

ugoo18

That settles it. I will use the god ditto you gave me and breed it.

Edit: what evs do I max with him? Isn't drag attack and ground special atk?

His SpA isn't too great, it's his Atk that sets him apart. His speed is pretty decent as well and his HP isn't too bad.

I personally went Atk and Speed.

Korosenai

It's not really split into what type it is depending on what stat its good at.

It just has really good attack, doesn't have anything to do with him being dragon or ground.

So like Ugoo said, go for attack and then ev train it in attack and speed.

Usobuko

Banned
Garchomp has 102 base speed, even though it's kinda cookie-cutter, not utilising this speed that trolls all the 100 speed folks is kinda wasteful. Thus, max speed EVs.

Types aren't seperated into Attack or Special Attack any more. Each attack is now either physical or special, so you don't have to worry about all Fire attacks being useless on a big physical attacker, for example. You can just use a physical Fire move.

I hope I totally didn't just misunderstand what you were saying...

I'm starting a tournament tomorrow, and I'm only allowed one Pokémon throughout all four or so rounds (No Megas, legends, or psuedos)... so what Pokémon do I go with? Do I use Cloyster, who can wreck almost anyone that doesn't have priority? Do I try Nidoking who has great coverage and Special Attack, but lacks great speed and survivability?

halp PokéGAF!

CrimsonN0

I'm starting a tournament tomorrow, and I'm only allowed one Pokémon throughout all four or so rounds (No Megas, legends, or psuedos)... so what Pokémon do I go with? Do I use Cloyster, who can wreck almost anyone that doesn't have priority? Do I try Nidoking who has great coverage and Special Attack, but lacks great speed and survivability?

halp PokéGAF!

Eh, Cloyster could die first turn to pretty much any Special Elec or Grass attack.
And Nidoking might only get one attack off.

Mabye a BoltBeam Porygon2 with Eviolite. And either Tri Attack, Recover, or Trick Room for its other moves.

backlot

halp PokéGAF!

I don't understand. It's a tournament where you only use a single Pokemon?

Eh, Cloyster could die first turn to pretty much any Special Elec or Grass attack.
And Nidoking might only get one attack off.

Mabye a BoltBeam Porygon2 with Eviolite. And either Tri Attack, Recover, or Trick Room for its other moves.
I run a Sash and Shell Smash. That's why priority and weather would wreck it. I also literally just bred that Porygon2. Lol. It could be pretty good...

I don't understand. It's a tournament where you only use a single Pokemon?
Yup. And it has to be the same throughout the entire thing.

I'm also thinking about running my Imposter Scarfed Ditto. Lol. Too troll-ish?

Korosenai

I run a Sash and Shell Smash. That's why priority and weather would wreck it. I also literally just bred that Porygon2. Lol. It could be pretty good...

Yup. And it has to be the same throughout the entire thing.

I'm also thinking about running my Imposter Scarfed Ditto. Lol. Too troll-ish?
That literally sounds like the weirdest tournament ever.

Also, scarfed ditto would be awesome. You should do it.

Top Bottom