• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Usobuko

Banned
Scarfed Ditto is screwed by bascially anything that stalls.

That's why I can see why Crimson recommend bulky attacker, Porygon 2 with Evolite instead. Bolt Beam has excellent coverage.

CrimsonN0

I'm also thinking about running my Imposter Scarfed Ditto. Lol. Too troll-ish?

Scarfed Imposter Ditto would be interesting for a 1vs1 tournament especially since no Megas are allowed so it wouldn't end up as regular Imposter vs Mega original.
Unless others had the same idea and its ends up with Ditto vs Ditto.

Usobuko

Banned
Curselax

Bold Nature + Lum Berry, 252 Def / 252 Sp.Def
Rest, Curse, Crunch, Return.

You're screwed to anyone that has taunt though or Fighting STAB that ohko within 2 turns even after 1 round of curse. Can consider Bold, Focus Slash Wobbuffet too.

Yeah, it's a really weird tournament. The same Pokémon the entire time. It really makes picking a Pokémon hard.

I don't have a Reuniclus or a Snorlax. =/ That Poryfon sounds really great, as long as a don't fight a strong Fighting mon. It currently has BoltBeam, Recover, and Trick Room. Do I need to change that? Tri Attack could be good for a bit more damage, but I need Recover. Is Trick Room replaceable?

spiritfox

Yeah, it's a really weird tournament. The same Pokémon the entire time. It really makes picking a Pokémon hard.

I don't have a Reuniclus or a Snorlax. =/ That Poryfon sounds really great, as long as a don't fight a strong Fighting mon. It currently has BoltBeam, Recover, and Trick Room. Do I need to change that? Tri Attack could be good for a bit more damage, but I need Recover. Is Trick Room replaceable?

If you're doing 1v1 I think Trick Room is a waste of a turn. Tri Attack for STAB would be good.

CrimsonN0

Thats...a good question.
I have no idea of the usefullness of Trick Room 1vs1.
Test it out, challenge some people on GAF to 1vs1 and see how it works.

Firestorm

Don't do it is my advice. You have no support to set it up which already puts them up a turn and two attacks may be all they need to take you out.

Rotom-Wash? Lum Berry + Rest with Wil-O-Wisp + Thunderbolt + Hydro Pump? Gotta bank on not missing though.

Or just scarf Draco Meteor all the things with something.

Don't do it is my advice. You have no support to set it up which already puts them up a turn and two attacks may be all they need to take you out.

Rotom-Wash? Lum Berry + Rest with Wil-O-Wisp + Thunderbolt + Hydro Pump? Gotta bank on not missing though.

Or just scarf Draco Meteor all the things with something.
Yeah, I just tested out Trick Room, and ask it did was let me get hit an extra time. =/

I don't have a Dragon to Scarf. Lol. And Fairies would wreck it.

What about Conkeldurr with an Assault Vest? Drain Punch does a ton of damage and could heal some of the damage I take.

macklelol

Anyone want to battle?

Yeah, I just tested out Trick Room, and ask it did was let me get hit an extra time. =/

I don't have a Dragon to Scarf. Lol. And Fairies would wreck it.

What about Conkeldurr with an Assault Vest? Drain Punch does a ton of damage and could heal some of the damage I take.
You'd lose to Talonflame or any other strong flying types instantly, though.

Anyone want to battle?

You'd lose to Talonflame or any other strong flying types instantly, though.
Could you do a couple of one on one battles with me? I'm looking to test some guys out.

Dang. There's a reason Pokémon battles consist of more than one Pokémon. DX

lololol

Gotta be prepared for anything
There are no legendaries in the tourney, lol. Also, Knock Off sucks.

3 HP again!

EDIT: Vaporeon is set up bait...

EDIT2: Galvantula is good, but Scolipede or priority would probably wreck it...

EDIT3: Why is Scolipede so good?!

No problem. Just gotta pray your opponents don't pick something that can counter whatever you choose lol.
No kidding. Nidoking can OHKO a lot of things, but can't take super effective stab hits very well. Porygon2 is pretty good, but can't really deal too much damage before dying to powerful Fighting types...

This is so hard! Lol.

backlot

No kidding. Nidoking can OHKO a lot of things, but can't take super effective stab hits very well. Porygon2 is pretty good, but can't really deal too much damage before dying to powerful Fighting types...

This is so hard! Lol.

You could try Wobbufett or something. Just hope to survive and kill things with counter.

I've been looking to see if anyone else has ever been in a weird tournament like this, and it appears I'm not the only one. There are quite a few cheap strategies that might work. Lol.

Alakazam @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Encore
- Disable
- Protect
- Psychic

Okay, this is my extremely annoying Alakazam! Here's what I do: I use protect to see what they do. If they used some status move, i use encore, and if they used an attack move, I use disable. The next turn, I use encore if i used disable last turn, and disable if i used encore last turn. They cannot attack that turn. They will be forced into using struggle, which hurts them with recoil and rocky helmet, while I'm just using Psychic.

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
- Leech Seed
- Hurricane
- Protect
- Substitute
I took a turn to set up leech seed, then hid behind protects and substitutes while it's HP slowly came back

So evil! I may need to grab one of these...

CrimsonN0

I've been looking to see if anyone else has ever been in a weird tournament like this, and it appears I'm not the only one. There are quite a few cheap strategies that might work. Lol.

So evil! I may need to grab one of these...

Huh, those sound interesting.
On the other hand, there are a few pokemon that do outspeed Alakazam in which case he'd just die.
The same with Whimsicott - Leech seed has no effect on Grass/Overcoat pokemon.
Hurricane has a low accuracy and if they just suvive it - I'd guess most Grass pokemon people use also have a Poison attack which Whimisicott would be 4x weak to.

Does anyone have a female Slakoth (Possibly with Night Slash)?

I've decided to go big with a Banded Slaking and Giga Impact/Earthquake/Night Slash. It'll wreck any non-Protect, non-priority sub setter, and non-Sashed mon.

MicH

Started breding my special Lucario and I keep getting 31/31/31/x/31/31. God damn it :( Mother is a 31/x/31/x/31/31 and father is the God Ditto. WHY :p

MicH

This is one of the most hilarious things I've ever seen: http://www.twitch.tv/twitchplayspokemon

Basically, a guy found out how to collect comment inputs from Twitch and use them as inputs for Pokemon games. So you basically have 1,000 people trying to beat a Pokémon games at the same time. It's so bad that it's good!
Been watching/participating in this for a couple of hours and I am having fun and I'm amazed. We were stuck in the grass before Mt Moon for such a long time and I can't believe we're actually in Cerulean! AND we just got a Rattata! Hell yeah!

onslack

Afternoon PokeGaf

I've been away for work this week so use some spare time i had to clone a few pokemon

I have

* 1x 4IV Shiny Heatran with HP Ice
* 2x 6IV Kyogre

Would anyone like one? I dont want anything specific in return, if you have any breeding rejects they'll be fine! If not then anything

PM me with your FC and IGN if you'd like one, include what you would like in the subject title/message section

My FC is in my profile

Also while I'm here -

Hobobloke
Nelo Ice

I still have your Ditto's ready to trade over

JulianImp

Best way to get light clay?

Theif + Compound Eyes + Golett in Route 10?

Even if you don't get the added item rate of Compund Eyes, wouldn't something such as Thief Frisk Banette work better? You'd get items less often, but you wouldn't end up wasting thief on 'mons that don't have an item and could run away from them right away, speeding up the process a fair bit.

Kinokou

Even if you don't get the added item rate of Compund Eyes, wouldn't something such as Thief Frisk Banette work better? You'd get items less often, but you wouldn't end up wasting thief on 'mons that don't have an item and could run away from them right away, speeding up the process a fair bit.

I think a fainted Compund Eyes in the first slot will still give the bonus while running a Frisk Thief on the secondslot.

jelmerjt

:O

W3w1nsj.jpg

Top Bottom