• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Drago

This is what we know:

W3w1nsj.jpg
OK, cool. Guess we'll know for sure in a few months then. I hope the movie comes westward even quicker than previous ones did.

The design of it really irks me. `~`
I think it would look a lot better without the boulder

Boogiepop

I've never bothered with them before, but since this gen has been kind to me (yay lottery): PP up vs. PP max. There's no differences outside of PP Max filling it up faster, yeah (IE, it looks like PP max just equals three PP ups)?

MicH

OK, cool. Guess we'll know for sure in a few months then. I hope the movie comes westward even quicker than previous ones did.

The design of it really irks me. `~`
I think it would look a lot better without the boulder
That really bugs me too. I hate that boulder, give her legs or something

Usobuko

Banned
What's Diancie base stats?

Wi1cFOU.jpg

If it isn't EV trained, the def and sp.def is certainly 125+. Very low HP though, like 45 or something.

Wichu

What's Diancie base stats?

Wi1cFOU.jpg

If it isn't EV trained, the def and sp.def is certainly 125+. Very low HP though, like 45 or something.

My guess 50/100/150/100/150/50 - the only stat that doesn't fit that is Speed, which might have a couple of EVs.

Usobuko

Banned
My guess 50/100/150/100/150/50 - the only stat that doesn't fit that is Speed, which might have a couple of EVs.

Good guess. I think that's the case too. I think the picture doesn't has flawless IV spread or is EV trained or a combination of both.

Diancie's gained Moonblast and Diamond Storm, a physical Rock-type attack. 100 power and 95% accuracy. So it's time to MM a -Spd & + Def/S.Def/Atk/Sp.Atk nature.

Oswen

Anyone with a spare Sturdy Carbink?IVs don't matter, I just spent hours in this cave with no luck, i even got two shiny Mime jr.
You can have one of them for the Carbink!

MicH

I love EV training in this game. It is so quick! I just EV trained 6 Pokemon with four different EV spreads in less than an hour. I can never go back to pre-horde battles EV training. Even Super Training is pointless with these!

Usobuko

Banned
I love EV training in this game. It is so quick! I just EV trained 6 Pokemon with four different EV spreads in less than an hour. I can never go back to pre-horde battles EV training. Even Super Training is pointless with these!

One by one or you do them at one go?

Muku

I still have the following if anyone is interested:

x1 Keldeo
x1 Jirachi
x1 Manaphy

Send a PM if interested.

MicH

One by one or you do them at one go?
I usually breed a lot then EV train in bulk, usually in bunches of two or tree whatever matches (ex I trained my physical and special Lucario together because they both needed Speed, so I just put the Power Bracer on one and the Power Lens on the other).

Also I FINALLY got your stuff. Sorry for the (very) long wait. Let me know whenever you're ready to pick it up

Kirlia

Banned
I still have the following if anyone is interested:

x1 Keldeo
x1 Jirachi
x1 Manaphy

Send a PM if interested.

You know, I've wondered for a while...are event Pokemon able to be Wonder Traded? My inclination is towards no, but it'd still be interesting if it were possible.

Usobuko

Banned
I usually breed a lot then EV train in bulk, usually in bunches of two or tree whatever matches (ex I trained my physical and special Lucario together because they both needed Speed, so I just put the Power Bracer on one and the Power Lens on the other).

Also I FINALLY got your stuff. Sorry for the (very) long wait. Let me know whenever you're ready to pick it up

Meh, it just dawn on me that I could bulk trained. Does 2 Power Ien work? Like 2 x Power Anklet for Garchomp, Lucario?

Could we trade 3 days later?

Muku

You know, I've wondered for a while...are event Pokemon able to be Wonder Traded? My inclination is towards no, but it'd still be interesting if it were possible.

No idea honestly. I imagine no since you can't GTS them. But I've not tried.

MicH

Meh, it just dawn on me that I could bulk trained. Does 2 Power Ien work? Like 2 x Power Anklet for Garchomp, Lucario?

Could we trade 3 days later?
If you have two, then yes, it works. It's super fast, can't live without it

Sure, just shoot me a PM when you want to trade

Just ate dinner, ill be back home in about 6 minutes.

edit: I see you're offline now, i'll try to catch you later when you come back. Also, thanks for cloning me another one!
Our timing is so great. Lol.

I'm on now, and probably will be for a while.

What's the consensus on Drain Punch vs Power-up Punch on Mega Kanga? Seems like both have some really great benefits. I've personally used Power-up Punch only, but I'm thinking about the pros of Drain Punch.

Havent been following Pokemon at all, really, but with Bank Ive been wanting to get as close to finishing a Pokedex as I can. Is there any chance someone could trade/tradeback the event Legendaries with me sometime? Those are the only ones I feel like I have zero access to right now.

What's the consensus on Drain Punch vs Power-up Punch on Mega Kanga? Seems like both have some really great benefits. I've personally used Power-up Punch only, but I'm thinking about the pros of Drain Punch.
Power Up is basically Swords Dance with base 60 damage. Much better than Drain in my opinion.

Enjoy the Ditto Nub! Good luck with the breeding.

Wichu

How does someone have Diancie? Hacked in?

Yep. I think that's from the source that gave the info to PokéBeach.

There are three people/teams that I know of that have hacked X/Y - smealum, PokéBeach's source, and the Pokécheck team (IIRC mostly xfr).

xfr only hacked it relatively recently (as a result of smealum refusing to help with Pokécheck's research).

Power Up is basically Swords Dance with base 60 damage. Much better than Drain in my opinion.

Enjoy the Ditto Nub! Good luck with the breeding.

As far as I know, Power-up Punch is only 40, with Drain Punch being 75. If PuP was 60, I don't think this would even need a question. But seeing as how PuP raises your attack, it will quickly hit 60+ bp.

Alchemy

As far as I know, Power-up Punch is only 40, with Drain Punch being 75. If PuP was 60, I don't think this would even need a question. But seeing as how PuP raises your attack, it will quickly hit 60+ bp.

Mega Kang hits twice, once at full power, again at half.

Alchemy

I wasn't sure whether both attacks hit before the damage boost or not. That would be awesome.

First hit gives you +1 stage, so the second attack benefits from the increased attack. Not 100% sure the math works out to it being a 50% boost to the attacks base power though, probably close.

LaNaranja

Hey people I want to use a Furfrou but I can't figure out a build that isn't poop.

Maybe something like this:

Leftovers
Jolly (252 Speed and 252 Attack)
-Cotton Guard
-Return
-Sand Attack
-Sucker Punch

Or perhaps a more defensive build would be better? It is a shame that they didn't give the Pokemon with the customizable appearance better stats and moves :(

JulianImp

First hit gives you +1 stage, so the second attack benefits from the increased attack. Not 100% sure the math works out to it being a 50% boost to the attacks base power though, probably close.

As far as I know, stat up bonuses work in 50% increments, so +1 raises a stat by 50%, and +6 means +300%.

CrimsonN0

Hey people I want to use a Furfrou but I can't figure out a build that isn't poop.

Maybe something like this:

Leftovers
Jolly (252 Speed and 252 Attack)
-Cotton Guard
-Return
-Sand Attack
-Sucker Punch

Or perhaps a more defensive build would be better? It is a shame that they didn't give the Pokemon with the customizable appearance better stats and moves :(
Got no clue.
I've really only fought one and it had Cotton Guard, Rest, and Baby Doll Eyes with a Rocky Helmet.

Alchemy

As far as I know, stat up bonuses work in 50% increments, so +1 raises a stat by 50%, and +6 means +300%.

Its 50% to the Pokemon's Attack stat though, not the base power of the attack. So the more Attack the Pokemon has, the bigger the boost. Adamant Kang would get more then Jolly Kang, so its not scaling the base power of the attack.

Top Bottom