• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Wichu

My latest shiny. Max IVs in HP and Sp.Atk, the rest are just passable

03054.png

Shiny Chesnaught > regular Chesnaught. The designers did a really good job with 6th gen shinies IMO, especially after the rather disappointing 5th gen shinies.

El_Chino

Zapdos and Moltres are easy to get so long as you can trade for Milotic.

atm, I'm using my Gligar rejects. Before that I've used Vullaby, Elekid, Elgyem, and Baltoy. If you get a pretty high level Pokemon (70+), you can offer them for the mascot legendaries. The Groudon I gave you was acquired by offering a level 78 Milotic which I got for a Vullaby breeding reject.
Ah I see! Would you trade with me so it can evolve into Milotic?

Andrefpvs

Cool shiny, Joe!
___

Guys, I'm trying to breed a Truant team for the Battle Maison. I want to use Whimsicott and Durant, but I still haven't decided on which sweeper to use, or which moves to teach everyone.

Does anyone here have any tips they could share? Thanks!

Qurupeke

Hello, does anyone know how can I register to the upcoming XY Beta competition? I participated on the last one of B2W2 and it says I'm qualified but I don't know how to download the regulations and register my battle box. I'll really appreciate any help.
Anyone...? :/

Keyouta

Not sure if anyone saw it, but GameInformer did an "afterwords" interview with Masuda.

Pretty cool stuff, they talk about the romance with Shauna, possibly putting Megas in future games, Mega Gengar giving them a lot of trouble in rigging, and that Fennekin is Masuda's favorite new starter

Wish they would have asked about X & Y's technical problems. The game is horribly choppy with 3D on, and even with it off, it's still pretty darn bad. I'd like to know if it was time constraints or whatever. Hopefully Z and the eventual R/S remakes are a lot smoother, like Platinum compared to DP.

Soothe Bell + Befriending Power + hold left/right next to Prism Tower.

Also, good luck. Breeding Volt Tackle means you can't use both Everstone and Destiny Knot (I'd use Destiny Knot and try to get lucky with the nature).

Friendship is easy with EV-reducing berries. Feed the berries and it will say (stat) "can't go any lower" until it finally says "It won't have any effect". Enter battle and level it up and it will evolve on max friendship.

Gaf I require a little help to complete my National Dex

Does anyone have -

* Lopunny
* Glameow/Purugly

I just got done breeding these for my Dex, so they're yours if you want them.

I'd chalk up technical issues with Game Freak being Game Freak.

However, they've been relatively quick in addressing some of the more egregious stuff (the Lumiose bug, the unencrypted battles), and have made a much bigger gen-to-gen jump than usual, while still not breaking schedule in terms of release (even bringing the games here faster than before, plus keeping up up-to-date in terms of announcements), so I'm happy.

I do expect better performance for Z though =_=

Firestorm

Was it a dodge? The guy asked about selling rare pokemon and he said never.
He also asked about additional single player content. Masuda just specifically said they'd never sell Pokemon (sounds right) but didn't comment on anything else (smart move as they may or may not have plans to do so and wouldn't want to reveal that here either way).

JoeM86

He also asked about additional single player content. Masuda just specifically said they'd never sell Pokemon (sounds right) but didn't comment on anything else (smart move as they may or may not have plans to do so and wouldn't want to reveal that here either way).

He responded to single player content by referencing Pokémon Bank.

Keyouta

I'd chalk up technical issues with Game Freak being Game Freak.

However, they've been relatively quick in addressing some of the more egregious stuff (the Lumiose bug, the unencrypted battles), and have made a much bigger gen-to-gen jump than usual, while still not breaking schedule in terms of release (even bringing the games here faster than before, plus keeping up up-to-date in terms of announcements), so I'm happy.

I do expect better performance for Z though =_=

I know Gamefreak isn't the most technically inclined, but just because they haven't exactly brought amazing performance before doesn't mean I shouldn't expect better, even if it's their first worldwide release and 3D game. As the creator of a multi-billion dollar franchise, they should be able to hire the technical expertise to help their games develop smoothly. I mean, X and Y can drop down to the single digits in horde battles, which don't even use 3D.

Anyway, they'll obviously get better at using 3D and tweaking their engine down the line. It's nice that since Pokémon is finally in 3D, they can just focus designing new ones, easily being able to port over previous models for new generations.

ReiGun

So I finally finished the main game after getting it last month and now I'm looking to get into breeding and competitive battling. I understand how ev's and iv's work, but I have no idea where to start as far as team composition and movesets. Anyone have any tips or any resources I can look at?

Also, if someone has a friend safari with Ditto and wouldn't mind sharing FC's with me it would be greatly appreciated.

So I was horde training my Frillsh for HP at the Connecting Cave near the Day - care center, and I found a Shiny Whismur in one of the hordes. I guess the Shiny Charm is starting to pay off.

Shiny Charm is no joke.

02/06/14 - Scraggy, Gulpin
02/09/14 - Shelmet, Goomy, Clauncher, Seadra, Poliwhirl. Relicanth, Luvdisc, Octillery (x3)
02/10/14 - Qwilfish, Gyarados (x3), Corphish, Wingull
02/11/14 - Zoroark
02/12/14 - Foongus, Klefki
02/13/14 - Magikarp (x2)
02/14/14 - Espurr
02/15/14 - Roggenrola

octopiggy

Can somebody quick-trade my Porygon with me to get Porygon 2? I have one holding an upgrade ready to go.

FC: 3668-7381-6669, IGN: Steve

edit: done

Kirlia

Banned
Thank God for the Oval Charm. MMing is FAR easier with it.

After/when/if I get shiny Furfrou, I'm thinking of breeding for shiny Espurr again. I can never have enough Espurr or Meowstic.

I JUST ENCOUNTERED SHINY WHISMUR. BY ITSELF. FUCK ME.

KiraFA37

Ohh wondertrading has been so kind to me, several new pokemon I didn't have and a Rufflet, which means I can finally have a Braviary. Wondertrading I love thee...

L.O.R.D

my first shiny victim from the shiny charm + MM combo
WP_20140216_003.jpg

31/31/31/XX/31/31

i think it was less then 100 egg
i liked the oval charm , the eggs really came faster

after IV calculate, his IV is :

31/31/31/20/31/31
his HP is Electric

not bad, not bad at all

I'm beginning to start my first Masuda Method quest for a Modest Shiny Gooey Goomy. The IV guy seems fairly positive about it's parents stats which is good, and I have Acid Armor as an egg move, which I wanted.

Goomy Daddy has a destiny knot, and Goomy Mummy has an everstone, a Modest nature, and the Gooey ability.

I'm good to go with breeding, right? Just need to make sure Goomy Mummy doesn't forget Acid Armor, and replace her if I get an even better female Modest Gooey Goomy baby?

Muku

I'm beginning to start my first Masuda Method quest for a Modest Shiny Gooey Goomy. The IV guy seems fairly positive about it's parents stats which is good, and I have Acid Armor as an egg move, which I wanted.

Goomy Daddy has a destiny knot, and Goomy Mummy has an everstone, a Modest nature, and the Gooey ability.

I'm good to go with breeding, right? Just need to make sure Goomy Mummy doesn't forget Acid Armor, and replace her if I get an even better female Modest Gooey Goomy baby?

Sounds good. If you get a baby female Modest Gooey Goomy that is better than the mom, then yes, replace the mom. Though, why the Goomy dad? You could use a Ditto or anything else within it's egg group(s). Unless you're passing the move down first. But this generation female and male can pass down egg moves. If for IVs because he has really good ones, then that's cool. But if you get a male one that's better than the dad, you'll want to replace the dad too.

Drago

Is there any way to check the stats of your Pokemon in mega form with them not actually being in a mega form, like in the PC or something?

My latest shiny. Max IVs in HP and Sp.Atk, the rest are just passable

03054.png

Lucky... that's one shiny I really want! Shiny Chesnaught makes the design shine, it really should have been the default scheme. Congrats!

Top Bottom