• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Welp, I picked the worst time to get banned. Missed out on all the Bank madness and trades going on the past 2 weeks.

Such a touching side story. It happened to me in real life. A puppy was born to a breeding family who was giving them away. I adopted one and gave it to my 84-year-old grandfather. He lived to see 86 mostly because of the companionship. I love and miss him dearly. But you know how dogs and people can look alike? Since I adopted the dog at his passing, I see my grandfather's face almost every time the dog looks straight at me.

;_;

Welp, I picked the worst time to get banned. Missed out on all the Bank madness and trades going on the past 2 weeks.

Welcome back!

Tom and Jack-Jack

Ob2Gh9P.jpg

MicH

Finally decided to breed a Garchomp #mainstreampokesyo

Never used one, but I will try him out, if only for Battle Maison and Battle Spot

one_kill

What kind do you have? I have a dachshund that got fat. I call him Ball Park (hot dog) because he plumped (when we cooked him). Thanks again for letting me borrow your stuff. 700/718 and growing.
Ah it's a mini foxie x jack russell
It was pretty cute when it was a puppy, now it's moody and sassy haha

And no worries. If you need anymore help, just ask. I've just discovered PokeCheck too. It's great :x

MicH

Make sure you breed Iron Head onto it. Outspeed and OHKO those pesky fairies.
I think I've managed to accumulate 4 or 5 Gible breeding rejects over time (almost all with Outrage, Iron Head and Iron Tail), so I got that covered. Thanks for the suggestion, I was unsure of what my fourth move should be on him

Meanwhile.. 10 female Friend Safari Gabites later and no Rough Skin :(

ugoo18

Has anyone brought over Lt. Surge's french Pikachu into X and Y?

I'm kind of curious about whether it does anything of significance since X and Y are based on France.

Is there a reason to farm money other than those expensive clothes?
Buy writs in battle chataeu (500k gets the full set of silver gold and black for frequent level +20 trainers*) and vitamins (its makes horde EV training for basic bulids slightly faster as I never have to use super training) is what I use my money for.

Basically I use money to save time...

*-Though you only really want to fight gym and elite 4 for money and furosade girls for EXP.

ugoo18

Buy writs in battle chataeu (500k gets the full set of silver gold and black for frequent level +20 trainers*) and vitamins (its makes horde EV training for basic bulids slightly faster as I never have to use super training) is what I use my money for.

Basically I use money to save time...

*-Though you only really want to fight gym and elite 4 for money and furosade girls for EXP.

Isn't restaurant Le wow much better for money and exp?

With a lvl 4 energy recharge and an amulet coin doing rotation battles i can go in using EXP power lvl 3 and prize money power lvl 3. You can get upto 60K from 2 of the battles if i remember correctly and 24k from the others which considering it only costs 90k to start is pretty great.

All the Le Wow pokemon are lvl 63 if i'm not mistaken so give your party that you want to train lucky eggs + exp share + exp power lvl 3 and you'll level up all of them a lot faster than you would in the Chateau. Also those Balm Mushrooms you get are awesome to sell, you get quite a bit of money selling them.

I've maxed out my money with several hundred balm mushrooms still to sell if need be just from Restaurant le wow.

Isn't restaurant Le wow much better for money and exp?
I don't think its better for time spent when you're at the best rank in chateau (so can get black writ).

I think a foreign Pokemon on the front lines gets about 138-163k EXP (I took a picture somewhere but number is that ballpark) from le wow using powers and eggs. It is about 5 trainer battles and all the dialogue which take several turns. In the front line in chateau (unrealistic for low levels) vs. level 55 or 65 Audino is about 50k and 90k per single battle (vs 2 level 55, 3 level 65) and they are easy to sweep (preferably with what you are levelling up). I still need to try it with the unevolved boost for level up evolve Pokemon to see if I can get it higher.

As for money. Using the money power on elite 4 gets 100k per battle. As long as you make over 500k in the day you use it doesn't matter (I have 8 million and over 100 of each vitamin already, if I go down to zero money I could have like 300+ but whats the point?).

Maybe le wow is better if you are constantly playing while Chataeu is better for a 5 minute break (see if trainers you want are there, leave if not fight if are).

MicH

I think I wanna try Masudaing a shiny Honedge. I'm crazy, especially considering how my Nidoran hunt was a failure :(

I think I'm gonna go for a Brave one, as I like the standard King's Shield / Shadow Sneak / Sacred Sword / Swords Dance. Never actually bred an Aegislash either, so I'm already behind on this one, just like Garchomp

... and Talonflame, but I'm NEVER gonna breed one of those!

Thanks, second attempt was successful. Yay, Lansat Berry!!!
Oh man, you gonna grow some more of them berries? I would love one of each and I will give you whatever you want! :eek: :p

JoeM86

New things announced:

PGL Season 3 Special Battle Rules:
Battle Period: February 25th 2013 - May 13th 2014
Battle Type: Double Battle
Pokémon Restrictions: Kalos Pokédex Only
Pokémon Restrictions: Pokémon caught or hatched in Pokémon X & Y only
Banned Pokémon: Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, Mewtwo

Exactly the same as Season 2, offering a way to test your teams in VGC rules.

In addition to that, there will be more PGL maintenance next week:
Japan: Feb 25th 05:00-18:00
UK: Feb 24th 20:00 - Feb 25th 09:00
US EST: Feb 24th 15:00 - Feb 25th 04:00
US PST: Feb 24th 12:00 - Feb 25th 01:00

After which, they're adding back the features to check the most used Pokémon in Rating Battles.

OceanBlue

New things announced:

PGL Season 3 Special Battle Rules:
Battle Period: February 25th 2013 - May 13th 2014
Battle Type: Double Battle
Pokémon Restrictions: Kalos Pokédex Only
Pokémon Restrictions: Pokémon caught or hatched in Pokémon X & Y only
Banned Pokémon: Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, Mewtwo

Exactly the same as Season 2, offering a way to test your teams in VGC rules.

In addition to that, there will be more PGL maintenance next week:
Japan: Feb 25th 05:00-18:00
UK: Feb 24th 20:00 - Feb 25th 09:00
US EST: Feb 24th 15:00 - Feb 25th 04:00
US PST: Feb 24th 12:00 - Feb 25th 01:00

After which, they're adding back the features to check the most used Pokémon in Rating Battles.

Are Moltres, Articuno, and Zapdos banned? Were they banned before?

I feel like the most common fairies I see are Mega Mawile, Azumarill, and Klefki, and Iron Head isn't going to help much against those lol.

Well you have Earthquake for Mawile and Klefki. Azumarill you just have switch out of no matter what.

Actually, Iron Head is probably only useful if you're running Choice Band. If you are, I know for sure you can OHKO Slyveon, Florges, Clefable and Whimsicott.

Woah, I just got 3 shinies in about 1.5 hours of walking in friend safari.
Pancham, Pyroar(f) and Braixen.
Shiny Charm + Friend Safari ain't no joke.

Edit:
Azumarill can only switch into an earthquake twice at best and that needs quite some luck. Life Orb Garchmop 2HKO's always. Garchomp after a Sword Dance has a good chance to OHKO with EQ without Life Orb and 100% chance with Life Orb.

Dr.Hadji

Don't know if this would be the place to ask. But does anyone have any decent IV (don't need max anything but I don't want butt) Jolly and or Adamant Digletts lying around anywhere. Have a new idea for a strat, but don't want to invest time into breeding til I know its viable. On ok Dugtrio should be enough for decent testing.

Dandalf

Neo Member
Man, after hatching two shiny Flethclings in 431 eggs this 800 egg Noibat attempt feels like it's taking forever.

Granted, I was a little lucky with the two Fletchlings, but if the Smogon school of thought that the Shiny Charm and Masuda odds are down to ~1:450, I have to be on a streak of bad luck.

C'mon you stupid, teal Noibat...

Hindl

Out of curiosity, has anyone tried doing a Nuzlocke run on X/Y? It's actually really cool with so many from Gen 1 available early on. I just started a run and it's been a lot more entertaining after getting burnt out from pokemon a month ago

Out of curiosity, has anyone tried doing a Nuzlocke run on X/Y? It's actually really cool with so many from Gen 1 available early on. I just started a run and it's been a lot more entertaining after getting burnt out from pokemon a month ago

I would if Nintendo would allow multiple save files already!

JulianImp

The only thing that'd put me off from eventually doing that is the fact there's no way to keep items between playthroughs, unless you had a second game and console or a friend you could trade pokémon holding the items to.

Seriously, being able to keep pokémon through pokémon bank is all nice and dandy, but blocking items doesn't make much sense, even less so now that TMs aren't one time use items.

Korosenai

The only thing that'd put me off from eventually doing that is the fact there's no way to keep items between playthroughs, unless you had a second game and console or a friend you could trade pokémon holding the items to.

Seriously, being able to keep pokémon through pokémon bank is all nice and dandy, but blocking items doesn't make much sense, even less so now that TMs aren't one time use items.
Im still going by my theory that, because you cant put items in Pokemon Bank, they did it so they can get rid of mega evolution next gen if they want to. Since it seems to be a Kalos only thing, i could see them doing it.

SeZMehK

I have completed my living dex up to unova. I am now working on my kalos pokedex. Woo Almost there. I should have it done tonight. Does any one have a tyrantrum and or auruorus (sp?) they don't need? :x

Edit: Nevermind, I got a tyrantrum from the GTS. :x

How do people go about with their MMs? By getting a lot of eggs and depositing/releasing them or soft resetting? I kinda want to try the soft reset method...

macklelol

How do people go about with their MMs? By getting a lot of eggs and depositing/releasing them or soft resetting? I kinda want to try the soft reset method...

Soft reset method is a pretty good way to do it. You'll have pretty much infinite hatching O-Power if you do it that way.

Hindl

Yeah it's really fun but goddamn does this bring the issue of save files to the forefront. I don't wanna pay an extra $40 to have a second save file. But I guess they have no real incentive to implement it

Yeah it's really fun but goddamn does this bring the issue of save files to the forefront. I don't wanna pay an extra $40 to have a second save file. But I guess they have no real incentive to implement it

I may be in the minority here, but I would absolutely love a New Game+ mechanic introduced. Preferably one that allows me to keep my pokemon and items from the original play through. And as a cherry on top allow randomization and nuzlocke rulesets to be implemented by the game if I so choose. (Akin to Xcoms New Game+ mode.)

Pokemon is already replayable as hell but this would literally make it my game of the forever.

Hindl

I may be in the minority here, but I would absolutely love a New Game+ mechanic introduced. Preferably one that allows me to keep my pokemon and items from the original play through. And as a cherry on top allow randomization and nuzlocke rulesets to be implemented by the game if I so choose. (Akin to Xcoms New Game+ mode.)

Pokemon is already replayable as hell but this would literally make it my game of the forever.

This is one of the best ideas I've seen. I approve

RoySFNR

So, I just missed out on a Heatran on the GTS because I couldn't bring myself to trade away one of my Ingame teammembers I used to beat the Elite 4. I also tend to breed every Pokemon I want to use competitively with a member of that team wherever possible in order to atleast have some part of them carry over.

I think I might have a problem lol. Anyone else feel sentimental over their first set of pokemon in a game?

So, I just missed out on a Heatran on the GTS because I couldn't bring myself to trade away one of my Ingame teammembers I used to beat the Elite 4. I also tend to breed every Pokemon I want to use competitively with a member of that team wherever possible in order to atleast have some part of them carry over.

I think I might have a problem lol. Anyone else feel sentimental over their first set of pokemon in a game?

Nothing wrong with that; I do the same thing. I'm breeding an entirely new competitive team by breeding each one with the 6IV Ditto. Of course I have to use the offspring for breeding to make them better, but in my heart I know they are descendants of my original story team.

Top Bottom