• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

KiraFA37

where are you going to do with all the PPs ?
the bank won't make you hold an items
unless, you want to use it on your pokemon

Indeed, going to so check which pokemon I have that have moves that I won't delete and increase their PP, their isn't anything else use full I can use pokemiles on unless I'm going to play that balloon popping game 800 times in a row. Sucks the bank can't hold items, but I can understand it in some aspect.

Boogiepop

Well, I'm officially out of the Gaf tourney. So I'm probably not going to do it right away, but I think I want to start thinking about my next team. My TR team still needs some refinements, but I want to build something fresh.

So: Sun, Rain, or Sandstorm? I don't have any experience with any of them, but I'd like to give one a try. I'm talking doubles, btw. Advice on how to deal with the potential glaring weaknesses that could arise from such things would also be nice.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Well, I'm officially out of the Gaf tourney. So I'm probably not going to do it right away, but I think I want to start thinking about my next team. My TR team still needs some refinements, but I want to build something fresh.

So: Sun, Rain, or Sandstorm? I don't have any experience with any of them, but I'd like to give one a try. I'm talking doubles, btw. Advice on how to deal with the potential glaring weaknesses that could arise from such things would also be nice.

Here's a great rain team article from 2012, there's some new choices that aren't listed but it's a good start. You can use the general tips when thinking about any other weather as well. Just remember to plan for your chosen weather to fail miserably.

CrimsonN0

Anyone have a spare Dubious Disc?

I have a spare Whipped Dream, Shiny Stone, Upgrade, and Protector.
I could just get more BP, but thought I'd ask if anyone went crazy doing the Balloon Popping thing using PokeMiles, and ended up with extras.

KiraFA37

Anyone have a spare Dubious Disc?

I have a spare Whipped Dream, Shiny Stone, Upgrade, and Protector.
I could just get more BP, but thought I'd ask if anyone went crazy doing the Balloon Popping thing using PokeMiles, and ended up with extras.

I have one you can have for free. FC is on my profile, IGN is Calum.

GG Crimson, sorry about the stally ending. I thought I had a chance if you got fully para'd at least once but the hax gods didn't answer my prayers. :p

Focus Energy Kingdra didn't disappoint.

CrimsonN0

I have one you can have for free. FC is on my profile, IGN is Calum.

Thanks.

My FC:5000-3009-5859
IGN: Crimson

I guess send over one of your pokemon without the item and I'll send my Porygon2 over and you attach the Dubious Disc to it and then we trade back?

GG Crimson, sorry about the stally ending. I thought I had a chance if you got fully para'd at least once but the hax gods didn't answer my prayers. :p

Yeah, I was kinda suprised Paralyze didn't stop me once over the 5+ turns.
Just one Paralyzed turn where I couldn't Roost through Earthquake and I'd lose.

JulianImp

After about two and a half hours of breeding, I finally got my hands on a perfect Yamask for my party (31/xx/31/31/31/31, +SpDef -Atk nature)! It took considerably longer than Tangela, but I'm still happy. I still wish I had the egg hatching o-power, though.

Now, it's time to decide on its EV spread and go grind them horde encounters. I guess I'll have to grind the Battle Maison a little bit so I can pick up a Power Lens (I only got the HP, Def and SpDef power items so far).

Also, it's amazing how much faster you can gain BP as opposed to previous generations. I asked for 10 BP rather than 100 pokémiles because I thought they'd be really hard to get like before, but I got enough to buy three power items by simply beating the regular singles ladder.

EDIT: Oh wow. Out of the five eggs I had remaining, one of them has 31/31/31/31/31/31! It's nice, but I'll probably end up running the one with lesser attack IVs to minimize stuff such as confusion damage, since I'll be running a special set.

Muku

Well, was hoping for best on GTS, but it's obvious it is just full of trolls trying to get what they want while trying to screw you out of what you're looking for. Or simply trolling for legendaries like somehow a Chansey = Legendary. Anyone have a Chansey FS or have a HA Chansey for trade?

Usobuko

Banned

Try gimmick stuff like this one.

Garchomp sweeps 11 Pokes

Hey Muku, I think I have some HA Chansey in my bank box, i'll check for ya. Oh and tonight I hatched my 2nd shiny Gible, still female but she had the spread I wanted.

Muku

Hey Muku, I think I have some HA Chansey in my bank box, i'll check for ya. Oh and tonight I hatched my 2nd shiny Gible, still female but she had the spread I wanted.

Awesome, thank you.

Oh, she's beautiful! Just a few short from my shiny charm... then I'll be back to breeding. Can't wait.

Edit: Whew just finished the Kalos Dexes.

Awesome, thank you.

Oh, she's beautiful! Just a few short from my shiny charm... then I'll be back to breeding. Can't wait.

I've been putting off my shiny charm for a while now but i'll get to it eventually. Ok yeah I do have some. Well, 2 actually but yeah.

Muku

Welcome! Actually, can you do me a huge favor and trade evolve my Clamperl? Too lazy to grab my other 3DS.

LOL sure

Edit: I'm usually that lazy too, that's why I keep my second 3DS always at my side. Been nice to be able to trade myself stuff and get it to evolve.

No problem. :) Least I could do!

OMG thank you Nintendo Playstation. I'm out of orbs for EXP opower right now. xD

Stupid question, i'm hoping to breed for HP fire on a Magnezone and I'm trying to remember the right iv spread. Is it even possible to get using my 6 iv ditto or would I have to use something else?

Stupid question, i'm hoping to breed for HP fire on a Magnezone and I'm trying to remember the right iv spread. Is it even possible to get using my 6 iv ditto or would I have to use something else?

It should be 31/xx/31/30/31/30. "xx" is an even-numbered IV. You'll probably need to be really lucky or get a super specific Ditto from somewhere.

Muku

And..... done! Thank you PokeGAF! First time I've ever completed a PokeDex. With PokeBank and not having to do any stupid mini game for them, made it a lot more doable this round.

one_kill

And..... done! Thank you PokeGAF! First time I've ever completed a PokeDex. With PokeBank and not having to do any stupid mini game for them, made it a lot more doable this round.
Ah Muku, sorry I haven't done what I said I was going to do. Things came up that was more important than Pokemon. I'll PM you when things settle down.

Do those specific Ditto's exist? o.o Otherwise i'll just have to ignore HP anything and use mons that don't need it.
Yes, HP Dittos exist. Use PokeCheck if you can.

Is Analytic Starmie only available through Pokebank? Ugh, I just got done breeding a perfect Staryu only to find that Analytic also activates when the opponent switches, which makes it much more attractive than I first thought.

Is Analytic Starmie only available through Pokebank? Ugh, I just got done breeding a perfect Staryu only to find that Analytic also activates when the opponent switches, which makes it much more attractive than I first thought.
AFAIK. I have an Analytic Staryu in a Dream Ball if you want one. Do genderless pass down ball type with Ditto?

Top Bottom