• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

StarVigil

Woooohoo, just finished my living pokedex and am looking now for the most passable battle maison/ online battles team. Does anyone have a Dragonite with multiscale or a Dratini Safari?

L.O.R.D

attention poke Bank users
i just got a message to extends my subscription for the bank
i only have 13 days left
soo , 13 + 365 = 378 days left for me

Dandalf

Neo Member
Have you got a setup planned for your Noibat?

Pretty standard setup I think.

NOIVERN
Timid nature - 252 Sp Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
-Draco Meteor
-Hurricane
-Flamethrower
-Boomburst

Anything you guys can think of that I should substitute if/when I hatch a shiny Noibat... Which I hope is sometime soon. I'm at 1,225 eggs now with the Shiny Charm and using the Masuda Method.

Come ooonnnnn!

Usobuko

Banned
Pretty standard setup I think.

NOIVERN
Timid nature - 252 Sp Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
-Draco Meteor
-Hurricane
-Flamethrower
-Boomburst

Anything you guys can think of that I should substitute if/when I hatch a shiny Noibat... Which I hope is sometime soon. I'm at 1,225 eggs now with the Shiny Charm and using the Masuda Method.

Come ooonnnnn!

Unless you're running a rain team, personally, I'll drop hurricane. Sketchy accuracy. I'll run Choice Specs and Switcheroo, it will mess up a lot of sp.def tankers.

JulianImp

So, I realized yesterday that my Tangrowth actually didn't have regenerator... whoops! Luckily, I spotted that before I spent a heart scale to make it remember sleep powder. After lots of breeding, I got another one with the same IV spread (31/31/31/xx/31/31), and am now grinding EVs.

I already got all 252 HP EVs, but should I take advantage of its +Def nature and invest on SpDef EVs to make it not auto-die to special hits, or just dump all the remaining EVs onto Def so it reaches its maximum possible value, 383?

Woooohoo, just finished my living pokedex and am looking now for the most passable battle maison/ online battles team. Does anyone have a Dragonite with multiscale or a Dratini Safari?

Nice job! I just finished breeding some Adamant Marvel Scale Dratini with ExtremeSpeed. I know I have males but I might have a girl for you.

i only have 13 days left

So it extends your time a year and doesn't overwrite the remaining 13 days?

ABR

Unconfirmed Member
So, I realized yesterday that my Tangrowth actually didn't have regenerator... whoops! Luckily, I spotted that before I spent a heart scale to make it remember sleep powder. After lots of breeding, I got another one with the same IV spread (31/31/31/xx/31/31), and am now grinding EVs.

I already got all 252 HP EVs, but should I take advantage of its +Def nature and invest on SpDef EVs to make it not auto-die to special hits, or just dump all the remaining EVs onto Def so it reaches its maximum possible value, 383?

invest in def to make it a physical wall

Does anyone know what the happiness woman in Laverre City says when your pokemon is 100% happiness? She tells me like like spending everyday with me.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Does anyone know what the happiness woman in Laverre City says when your pokemon is 100% happiness? She tells me like like spending everyday with me.

Your Pokemon is at max happiness by that point.

---

From the trading thread:

Anyone got a Timid Meloetta for trade? It's pretty much the only Pokemon I want from the Black/White generation and I'm not finding any good deals for either DS games :-/

If someone has it and wants some Pokemon in particular for trade, let me know. (I can pass a Squrtle with the respective Mega Stone for trade, too)

jelmerjt

Does anyone have a male Defog Scyther or Scizor? :)

I'll send you one of these Mega Stones:

Heracronite
Houndoominite
Aggronite

My friend code: 0018-0514-5258.

Hindl

Hey could someone give me advice on Sylveon? I really wanna use him but I'm trying to figure out if he would work better as a CM bulky sweep or a special wall/Stall.

So far he's got
Wish
Moonblast(Hyper Voice when I can get Pixelate)
???
???

And I can't decide what to put in those last 2 slots, between CM, Protect, Shadow Ball, and Toxic. Protect and Toxic would be a decent stall setup, while CM and Protect would do the same thing but give him more straight power, making him a better wall. CM/Shadow Ball would be a pretty effective special attack, but comes at the cost of vulnerability during Wish off-turn., while CM/Protect would make give him bulkiness and attack, but at the cost of coverage. What do you guys think?

i only have 13 days left

Do they let you do more than a year at a time? I'd rather pay 20$ and put on 4 years then remember to do it annually.

Can you at least leave money in your nintendo wallet and let it auto renew that way?

Quest1

Guys, bravely default is so good. Thanks to Nub and the rest of PokeGAF on my friends list playing it for finally pushing me over the edge. Squenix at it's finest. Which makes me shake my damn head at what FF13 became :(

It's sucked me away so hard from Pokemon tho, and I'm kinda glad. Was almost getting burned out. Had the NuggetBridge match this morning and felt totally refreshed, but I don't think I'm breeding again for a long time. If any one ever wants to battle though, I'm always up for it.

Do they let you do more than a year at a time? I'd rather pay 20$ and put on 4 years then remember to do it annually.

Can you at least leave money in your nintendo wallet and let it auto renew that way?

I can't say for sure since I haven't bought the license yet, but I doubt Nintendo will give the option to purchase multiple years. Then again there may be an option in the main menu to purchase a license. I'm almost certain they don't have a system in place to allow for automatic renewals. I mean, this IS only 2014.

Alchemy

Hey could someone give me advice on Sylveon? I really wanna use him but I'm trying to figure out if he would work better as a CM bulky sweep or a special wall/Stall.

So far he's got
Wish
Moonblast(Hyper Voice when I can get Pixelate)
???
???

And I can't decide what to put in those last 2 slots, between CM, Protect, Shadow Ball, and Toxic. Protect and Toxic would be a decent stall setup, while CM and Protect would do the same thing but give him more straight power, making him a better wall. CM/Shadow Ball would be a pretty effective special attack, but comes at the cost of vulnerability during Wish off-turn., while CM/Protect would make give him bulkiness and attack, but at the cost of coverage. What do you guys think?

Doubles or Singles?

Korosenai

I think i'm going to start my first breeding project for about the past month and a half, in honor of Twitch Plays Pokemon.... Pidgey! Going to try and breed some with Brave Bird/Pirsuit/Defog/Steel Wing and 5 iv's.

Guys, bravely default is so good. Thanks to Nub and the rest of PokeGAF on my friends list playing it for finally pushing me over the edge. Squenix at it's finest. Which makes me shake my damn head at what FF13 became :(

It's sucked me away so hard from Pokemon tho, and I'm kinda glad. Was almost getting burned out. Had the NuggetBridge match this morning and felt totally refreshed, but I don't think I'm breeding again for a long time. If any one ever wants to battle though, I'm always up for it.

You pretty much took the words right out of my mouth. I've spent pretty much all my time playing Bravely Default now, only getting on Pokemon to play my matches. I haven't been able to play my Nugget Bridge match for this round yet though, because my opponent won't get online. This Pidgey i'm about to breed will be my first breeding project in about a month, I just got bored/tired of breeding.

Sigmaah

Can I put evs and Iv's on mons with an action replay? Buddy gave me his old ds with his action replay and a copy of his black and looking to make all my mons through that if possible.

L.O.R.D

finally , my own shiny protean froakie , perfect 5 IV

kecF0HV.jpg

31/31/31/31/31/XX

and XX = 3

xZ2JXQP.png

i am done , i will start begging people at game faqs for a perfect 6IV one

JulianImp

Is anyone up for a 6v6 battle? I'd like to try out the newest additions to my team. Everything I use is UU at best, with several RUs in there, too, but I'm still fine with battling high-tier pokémon.

EDIT: My FC can be seen at my forum profile. 3DS name is Julian, but in-game I go by its katakana equivalent, フリアン.

fek

Is anyone up for a 6v6 battle? I'd like to try out the newest additions to my team. Everything I use is UU at best, with several RUs in there, too, but I'm still fine with battling high-tier pokémon.
Sure, already have you added so just send a battle request to Hibi.

JulianImp

Woah, that was fast! I'm still grinding levels to evolve one of my pokémon, but I'll be ready in about ten minutes (at most).

Edit: That took longer than I had expected, but I'm finally ready. I'd like to ask you guys to send the battle requests, since I'm still working out what the options are in japanese.

L.O.R.D

yes, found one gave me Shiny Greninja HP Fire and egg move toxic spike
yah, i know its been cloned 1000 time
but its soo cool

Korosenai

Nope, my friend who clones stuff for me was busy lately, so no chance for him to do it.
Gotcha. Just figured i'd ask, I forgot about it til now.

sure
add me
i also have god ditto if you want

I've already got the God Ditto, I just remembered you had some Arceus and was gonna see if I could get lucky and get one. You're already on my friends list as well I think.

edit: Thank you! Only thing decent I have right now are 5v Frillish, I haven't bred in a while.

KiraFA37

Long post incoming, you are warned. Guys I've decided to restart my game, luckily I have a place to store my pokemans thank to bank but items are not so lucky. So I have up for grabs the following:
ITEMS:
1x Lucky Egg
1x Eviolite
1x Leftovers
EVOLUTION BY TRADE
1x Razor Fang
4x 2x Razor Claw
1x Light Ball
2x Upgrade
1x Electirizer
1x Protector
4x Reaper Cloth
2x Whipped Dream
1x Sachet
3x Metal Coat
1x Kings Rock
MEGA STONES
Abomasite
Absolite
Aerodactylite
Aggronite (Yclusive)
Alakazite
Ampharosite
Banettite
Blastoisinite
Charizardite Y (Yclusive)
Garchompite
Gardevoirite
Gengarite
Gyaradosite
Heracronite (Yclusive)
Houndoominite (Yclusive)
Kangasknhanite
Lucarionite
Mawillite
Medichamite
Mewtownite Y (Yclusive)
Scizorite
Venusaurite​
EVOLUTION BY STONE
2x 1x Sun Stone
5x 2x Moon Stone
5x 2x Shiny Stone
1x Dusk Stone
4x 3x Dawn Stone​

Send me a PM if interested, I don't need anything in return, just trying to help you guys and save these items from impeding doom. I'm also looking for somebody to take care of my Blaziken with Blazikenite for a couple of days while I restart my adventure.

Chopper

Long post incoming, you are warned. Guys I've decided to restart my game, luckily I have a place to store my pokemans thank to bank but items are not so lucky. So I have up for grabs the following:

Heracronite (Yclusive)
Houndoominite (Yclusive)

Send me a PM if interested, I don't need anything in return, just trying to help you guys and save these items from impeding doom. I'm also looking for somebody to take care of my Blaziken with Blazikenite for a couple of days while I restart my adventure.
I don't mean to be greedy, but I would love these.

JulianImp

Oh, stealth rock got me good! I knew Aerodactyl was as good as dead as soon as you got them out. That scald burn on my Muk as I tried to sub was also a showstopper (it had 2 HP left after subbing).

Second game, I knew it was a scarfed Porygon-Z, and yet I walked into it. It hurt a lot that nothing on my team can take ice beams that easily. Only quick claw shenanigans saved me, but when I was left with Tangrowth and a nearly-dead Cofagrigus against five of your mons I knew I was done for.

It looks like I seriously need a rapid spinner or defog user in here. That, and/or something with priority moves, since scarved stuff that outspeeds Mega Aerodactyl can simply plow through most of my slower team. Sadly, it looks like Aerodactyl won't cut it, with its paper-thin defenses and weakness to rocks, scarves and priority... :/

JulianImp

I just fought a really close match in rated battles against some guy with a Cresselia, Tyranitar and Blaziken. I think he made a few wrong choices over the course of the game that let me take over it eventually, as he was left with a seeded Cresselia that I put to sleep repeatedly. In hindsight, I should've subbed against the obvious Mega Blaziken protect to enable Aerodactyl to survive its next attack and Aerial Ace it to death afterwards (only risking rock helmlet damage from Cresselia).

I don't know if anybody even cares about it, but it being a close game and one of my first few wins made me want to upload its battle video. The code's C69W-WWWW-WWW5-P92F.

Zeppeli

Banned
Trying to play the game solely with Paras since my team is already sitting in bank fully trained but holy fuuuuck is Paras slow.

Bogus

There's a fine line to tread between the familiar and the new when making sequels or iterations of a past theme. Pokemon X / Y reminds me, however, that it isn't an impossible task. As a 26 year-old whose firsthand experience with Pokemon began and ended, more or less, with Red / Blue, I feel as though Pokemon Y has rekindled a forgotten ember and sense of wonder from my childhood.

3D models and environments help to give a surprising degree of personality to these animated little creatures; the attention to detail is so appreciated, especially when viewed alongside the stiff, expressionless sprites of yesteryear (discounting Pokemon Snap, which I thought was the bee's knees and would love to play again someday). Quilladin peeks past the edge of the screen to say hello in Pokemon-Amie, and Nidorina glances over her shoulder for reassurance during battles; it's a natural evolution (har) for a series which places its emphasis on the bonds built between a trainer and their Pokemon. I have less need to imagine a character's mood, because their face and body language show it instead. My inner middle schooler freaked out when Charmander -- now aglow with three dimensions of cuteness -- hopped out of his Pokeball in Aquacorde Town, echoing the humble moment sixteen years ago when I first chose my digital companion and embarked on a monochromatic Gameboy adventure.

Similarities to that adventure abound and are immediately welcomed, from the appearance of recognizable 'mon, to the conventional flow of the routes, towns, gyms, and caves. Even the fascination that opposing trainers have with their shorts has not only survived, but proliferated in my absence from the world of Pokemon. (These folks really love their shorts -- who can blame them!) The twists and improvements to this well-tested formula are what truly hold my interest, though: Natures, items, breeding, hidden stats, and sub-systems stacked upon sub-systems all hint at a shockingly deep and well-realized game that demands as much or as little of a player's time as desired.

On a more obvious level, the online modes fit seamlessly within the game's lore, and they greatly expand the scale of your surroundings. Non-playable characters are limited in number (and they're mostly boring), so when you're allowed to reach out to other players for trading and battling through the internet, the world grows and starts to feel more alive. I realize that connectivity features aren't unique to X / Y, but my memories of playing cooperative or competitive Pokemon involve bulky link cables that I'd consistently misplace or forget to bring with me. Compared to those idyllic times, Y's online features are a revelation. I only wish it were easier (or even possible, in most cases) to send friend requests and to chat with other trainers, but I suppose that's an issue with Nintendo across the board. The Global Link website is pretty neat idea, but it makes me wish for a fully integrated, Pokemon-themed social network where trainers could arrange trades, share experiences and tips, show off screenshots and teams, and form their own gyms for competitive group tournaments (design a badge! challenge another team's gym for bragging rights! etc.!). When Tepigs fly, perhaps, but I like to dream.

I post so rarely on GAF, and I'm not entirely certain what compelled me to enthuse about the game here now. It's just cool to participate in some small way with a community that boasts of so many different people with so many different tastes, all focused on the same piece of entertainment. So thanks for listening!

Top Bottom