• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Let me ask a question about those Scatterbugs: The pattern is based where they were caught or where they evolve? I got quite a lot of those on the WT and didn't bothered to evolve them yet.

Does anyone have any spare 6IV dittos? I hear they're good for breeding. Let me know what you'd like in return(and I'll see if I could get one). I'm new to breeding.

If this is the wrong thread for this, I'm sorry.

Let me ask a question about those Scatterbugs: The pattern is based where they were caught or where they evolve? I got quite a lot of those on the WT and didn't bothered to evolve them yet.

It's based on where they were caught. I love getting Scatterbugs from WT for this reason. I've been meaning to catch a few of my native Polars to send out sometime.

Muku

@Muku, Nintendo Playstation: I'll be getting the Scatterbugs tonight. I'll just put them in the bank and then start my main save.

Awesome, thank you!

Does anyone have any spare 6IV dittos? I hear they're good for breeding. Let me know what you'd like in return(and I'll see if I could get one). I'm new to breeding.

Just looked, but I am fresh out right now. I'm sure someone else here will be able to help ya though.

Still looking for 5-6 IV Modest/Timid Vivillion to trade for. (anything besides: Elegant, Garden, Polar, Modern, Monsoon and Ocean).

Hey. I was just looking through some extra Vivillon I have and realized the Icy Vivillon I have is Timid and 5IV. Just not sure if you're okay with 5IV spread of 31/31/31/31/31/X. If so, you're welcome to it.

Ultimadrago

Hey. I was just looking through some extra Vivillon I have and realized the Icy Vivillon I have is Timid and 5IV. Just not sure if you're okay with 5IV spread of 31/31/31/31/31/X. If so, you're welcome to it.

I'll gratefully take it! :)

I can breed a high plains one if you still need that. Any preference on ball and gender?

Any ball and female is preferred (though doesn't really matter).

Muku

I'll gratefully take it! :)

Any ball and female is preferred (though doesn't really matter).

Not sure if you can get on now, but I'm online if ya can.

Edit: Oh snap, thank you! :D She's beautiful.

You're welcome! It really is a beautiful pattern. Got lucky getting a 5IV one off GTS. Wasn't marked as such.

v1perz53

Question about passing down balls when breeding. It is my understanding that only a female non ditto parent passes down their ball to the baby. So the only way to change the ball of a pokemon I am currently breeding (Togepi) is to catch a female togepi somewhere in the ball I want (which isn't super easy given that wild ones rarely show up in any game). There is no way to use a non-Togepi pokemon to eventually pass the ball on to the baby. Is this correct or am I missing some trick?

lupinko

For the shiny charm requirement is it to see them all or obtain them all? Since seeing them all I'm a lot closer than obtaining,

Muku

For the shiny charm requirement is it to see them all or obtain them all? Since seeing them all I'm a lot closer than obtaining,

Owned them all. Whether you still own them doesn't matter, but have to own them to get the Pokedex data for which it needs to be considered complete.

Question about passing down balls when breeding. It is my understanding that only a female non ditto parent passes down their ball to the baby. So the only way to change the ball of a pokemon I am currently breeding (Togepi) is to catch a female togepi somewhere in the ball I want (which isn't super easy given that wild ones rarely show up in any game). There is no way to use a non-Togepi pokemon to eventually pass the ball on to the baby. Is this correct or am I missing some trick?

Sounds correct to me.

Edit: Though in this game they aren't in wild per se. You have to have someone with a Fairy Friend Safari to catch 'em. Catch is finding someone with a Fairy FS, and then them actually having Togepi in it. :/

v1perz53

Sounds correct to me.

Edit: Though in this game they aren't in wild per se. You have to have someone with a Fairy Friend Safari to catch 'em. Catch is finding someone with a Fairy FS, and then them actually having Togepi in it. :/

Ahh, my source didn't list friend safari as an option for Togepi, but it totally is one of the options now that I check. Don't have any fairy safaris at all though, oh well. Not gonna go out of my way to change the ball, but if there was an easy way I was overlooking I would have done that. Thanks!

Also, yay my friend safari with a dragonair finally logged on the same time as me, so I can start getting hidden ability dragonites, last part of my competitive team!

fek

Ahh, my source didn't list friend safari as an option for Togepi, but it totally is one of the options now that I check. Don't have any fairy safaris at all though, oh well. Not gonna go out of my way to change the ball, but if there was an easy way I was overlooking I would have done that. Thanks!

Also, yay my friend safari with a dragonair finally logged on the same time as me, so I can start getting hidden ability dragonites, last part of my competitive team!
Which ball do you want your Togepi and are you looking for HA? I can catch a female for you.

Muku

I have one, but checked it and alas. Usual Fairy stuff in it. You might be able to find someone here who has one or might be able to go catch one for you in the ball of your choice.

Edit: Beaten. XD

Forkball

Anyone else wish they gave the option of buying the Battle Maison items with cash? I know they want to encourage people to use the Battle Maison but it is a grind to beat twenty guys for just ONE item. They should make it either 48BP or 100K since you get so much cash in this game.

spiritfox

Anyone else wish they gave the option of buying the Battle Maison items with cash? I know they want to encourage people to use the Battle Maison but it is a grind to beat twenty guys for just ONE item. They should make it either 48BP or 100K since you get so much cash in this game.

$1.99 for 48BP! $99.99 for 500BP!! Best Value!!!

That was what I thought you were talking about at first.

$5 gets a year of PokeBank. Catch a bunch of crap, send it all to the Bank and reap the BP rewards.

Only downside is having to release those Pokemon one by one eventually.

I'd like to use in-game money too.

JoeM86

$5 gets a year of PokeBank. Catch a bunch of crap, send it all to the Bank and reap the BP rewards.

Or, when the year subscription runs out, wait until after the grace period is over, and watch as those Pokémon are deleted forever

one_kill

It's pretty quick though if you've got decent sweepers

Or, when the year subscription runs out, wait until after the grace period is over, and watch as those Pokémon are deleted forever

That's true, but I'd rather not be forced to wait out the entire year. A box delete option would be nice. Dangerous, but nice. I did just think of another method but it involves a second game card to send all the Pokemon to and wipe/start a new save.

Forkball

Well I mean in game money of course.

Trying out my new team. I won 4-0 the first time. Grass Knot Greninja really trolls people. The second time RNG screwed me. Megahorn misses. Hydro Pump misses. Sleep Powder misses. He gets a critical hit. AND HOW IS KLEFKI FASTER THAN GRENINJA AND GENGAR.

Wichu

Well I mean in game money of course.

Trying out my new team. I won 4-0 the first time. Grass Knot Greninja really trolls people. The second time RNG screwed me. Megahorn misses. Hydro Pump misses. Sleep Powder misses. He gets a critical hit. AND HOW IS KLEFKI FASTER THAN GRENINJA AND GENGAR.

Klefki's Prankster ability gives +1 priority to all non-damaging moves (it's the main reason people use it). +1 priority Thunder Wave -> outspeed even with non-priority attacks later.

Forkball

Klefki's Prankster ability gives +1 priority to all non-damaging moves (it's the main reason people use it). +1 priority Thunder Wave -> outspeed even with non-priority attacks later.

So basically my only strategy is to just get paralyzed and then quasi-swept by Mega Pinsir with Return that is 30% boosted thanks to MP's ability and increased attack power.

brb training klefki

Wichu

So basically my only strategy is to just get paralyzed and then quasi-swept by Mega Pinsir with Return that is 30% boosted thanks to MP's ability and increased attack power.

brb training klefki

Klefki is a massive pain to fight. It's not really that good, but sometimes it just ruins you due to dumb luck (priority Swagger argh).

Ground-types usually do well against it if you can avoid hurting yourself in confusion - immunity to Thunder Wave and powerful STAB Earthquake/Earth Power make short work of Klefki. Bonus points if you run Lum Berry to get a free Attack boost from Swagger (any decent Klefki player should switch out as soon as you bring in a Ground-type).

Xatu is a 100% counter to it; its Magic Bounce ability means the only thing Klefki can do to it is a weak Foul Play that Xatu easily Roosts off (other Magic Bounce users get 2HKOed by Foul Play).

Whimsicott/Tornadus/Thundurus all have Prankster and higher Speed, so they can outspeed Klefki and Taunt it before it can spam its priority moves (Thundurus is also immune to Thunder Wave if you switch it in).

brb training klefki

I generally have a ground type on my team for electric immunity. Electric types can't be paralyzed so they work too. But if this is 3v3, yeah, you can't possibly be prepared for everything.

Forkball

FFS I hate cheese tactics. Clefable with Quick Claw, Minimize, and Calm Mind. After just one minimize the battle's over unless the RNG gods are gracious (they are not).

Sleepwalker

FFS I hate cheese tactics. Clefable with Quick Claw, Minimize, and Calm Mind. After just one minimize the battle's over unless the RNG gods are gracious (they are not).

Bullet punch no guard machamp is your friend.

Speaking of which, I'm really in need of a tyrogue, anyone got one? I don't care about his IVs or whatever, just need one for the egg moves.

lupinko

Bullet punch no guard machamp is your friend.

Speaking of which, I'm really in need of a tyrogue, anyone got one? I don't care about his IVs or whatever, just need one for the egg moves.

I can get one for you right now if you're online.

4124-5002-7452 and ingame name is Black Mamba

Once upon a time you could just Aura Sphere that thing.

Then Gen 6 happened.

Also, Quick Claw is cancer and is one of the few things in this game, if not the only thing, that I think is truly deserving of the word "hax".

What kind of pokemon is usually in demand so I can at least somewhat hope to plan for some sort of farming for trading.

And who can help me evolve my graveler into a golem?

lupinko

Once upon a time you could just Aura Sphere that thing.

Then Gen 6 happened.

Also, Quick Claw is cancer and is one of the few things in this game, if not the only thing, that I think is truly deserving of the word "hax".

If you don't mind, while I'm gracious for the Yveltal, I was wondering if you can rename it back its name. Katakana is fine.

Yes I know a 6iv modest is scary to fight and brings the great expression, but yeah if it's ok? If it's asking too much then that's ok too!

one_kill

What kind of pokemon is usually in demand so I can at least somewhat hope to plan for some sort of farming for trading.

And who can help me evolve my graveler into a golem?
Pokemon that could be used to breed competitive Pokemon. So has to have egg moves, beneficial HA and nature, 4-6IVs.

Oh right. I didn't write its nickname correctly anyways. Not a big deal if you get back on. :p
You've got a competitive Yveltal PreyingShark?

I've been training Muku's Vivillon and Sylveon and they've been good to me in the Battle Maison : )

Although stalling with Sleep Powder makes me go all edgy given how fragile Vivillon is. Also ain't got Hyper Beam to test out Pixilate : /

Another thing... worse place to encounter a shiny Pokemon?

During a horde battle when you're EV training? Got no berries to decrease EVs so had to Reset Bag all my hard work >___<

Anyone want a shiny Mareep?

lupinko

Does anyone know if a powersaves like device exist for the old Ds? Or if the 3ds one is backwards compatible? I see that thing sold around here all the time so I figured maybe why not?

FSLink

Banned
Does anyone know if a powersaves like device exist for the old Ds? Or if the 3ds one is backwards compatible? I see that thing sold around here all the time so I figured maybe why not?

It's not backwards compatible. I'm not sure if one strictly for ripping saves exist, but any DS flashcart will be able to rip saves from retail cards no problem if you also buy a slot-2 device.

lupinko

It's not backwards compatible. I'm not sure if one strictly for ripping saves exist, but any DS flashcart will be able to rip saves from retail cards no problem if you also buy a slot-2 device.

Hmm, that might be a problem then since didn't Nintendo crack down heavily on flashcarts/r4 in Japan?

I'm in Japan so it applies, if I was still in Canada this wouldn't be a question.

I've spent the past 2-3 days hatching Ralts eggs hoping for a shiny and so far no dice. And tbh, i'm not even sure if i'll even be using Gardevoir online since you can't get hyper voice on Kalos mons.

Top Bottom