• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Nori Chan

Start off with a Froakie (or whatever in the line) with Protean. If you want moves, breed them on first. If breeding moves on, you'll need a female (since female determines what baby is if you're breeding with other Pokemon in egg group). After you've got a Froakie with everything on it (assuming you want to) then, if you don't already have it at nature you like, breed it with something that has nature you want (Pokemon with nature you want to pass on needs to be holding Everstone). Then you can take that baby with egg moves + correct nature and breed it with Ditto to get it's IVs. JPN 6IV Ditto has been passed around here that has made it easier for many of us. Have Pokemon with nature you want to keep passing on hold Everstone. Other Pokemon can hold Destiny Knot to pass down 5IVs between parents.

Edit: Know there are some pictures lurking in this thread that are good quick reads to get started. Can't remember what page they're on though. :(
So basically I need to first find someone that has a frogadier in someone's safari lol

Muku

Yes, still need one. Are you online?

I can be in a moment. Edit: on now

So basically I need to first find someone that has a frogadier in someone's safari lol

I have two Froakie with Protean left. Both Timid, both 5IVs. One is a level 29 female in a Dive Ball 31/31/31/31/31/x. Another is a level 1 male in a Dive Ball 31/31/x/31/31/31. You're welcome to one if you'd like it.

Mush

Hey guys, so seeing Greninja in the new Smash Bros. trailer (even though I don't play Smash Bros. at all) has inspired me to start a new game with a Froakie instead of Fennekin like I originally chose.

I downloaded the event Torchic when I first got X&Y, since I still have the Wonder Card can I receive the Torchic when I start my new game? Or do I have to pass it on to someone until they can trade it back to me?

Muku

Hey guys, so seeing Greninja in the new Smash Bros. trailer (even though I don't play Smash Bros. at all) has inspired me to start a new game with a Froakie instead of Fennekin like I originally chose.

I downloaded the event Torchic when I first got X&Y, since I still have the Wonder Card can I receive the Torchic when I start my new game? Or do I have to pass it on to someone until they can trade it back to me?

No, the event for Torchic has ended.

Muku

So I can't receive it at the Pokeymans Centre even though I still have the Wonder Card?

You can't receive Torchic anymore because the event for that was via an event. Initially you had to connect to the internet for it. Whether you have the WC for it now or not doesn't matter, because the event is no longer going on that allows you to obtain it.

Mush

You can't receive Torchic anymore because the event for that was via an event. Initially you had to connect to the internet for it. Whether you have the WC for it now or not doesn't matter, because the event is no longer going on that allows you to obtain it.
I see. Thanks.

Muku

Holy crap. Just got a 6IV Feebas off Wonder Trade. Not the best thing ever but kind of crazy. Modest, Oblivious, and no egg moves. If anyone wants it, let me know. I've already got a 6IV Feebas so no need for it.

Edit: Haha wow. Just saw someone as a passerby with message "breeding diancie".

Man, the Smash Bros direct pumped me up to use Greninja more. That black shiny Greninja looks so cool! I think I might breed my normal Greninja. That, or trade it around until I get a member of the Froakie/Frogadier/Greninja family with protean. Sounds like a cool HA.

Muku

Man, the Smash Bros direct pumped me up to use Greninja more. That black shiny Greninja looks so cool! I think I might breed my normal Greninja. That, or trade it around until I get a member of the Froakie/Frogadier/Greninja family with protean. Sounds like a cool HA.

Nori Chan got the male I have but still have the Timid, Protean "level 29 female in a Dive Ball 31/31/31/31/31/x" if you'd like to get started.

Wichu

Wonder Cards only work once (and they're deleted if you start a new game). You'll have to find someone to take care of the Torchic while you restart.

Andrefpvs

Guys, I'm going to go on SoulSilver to catch some Pokémon in Apricorn Balls.

Any suggestions on who I should catch and in which balls? I'm going to try to go for balls that fit them aesthetically :)

Sleepwalker

Holy crap. Just got a 6IV Feebas off Wonder Trade. Not the best thing ever but kind of crazy. Modest, Oblivious, and no egg moves. If anyone wants it, let me know. I've already got a 6IV Feebas so no need for it.

Edit: Haha wow. Just saw someone as a passerby with message "breeding diancie".

I'd love that feebas, been meaning to breed one for a while now.

I

700 on the Pokedex!

I'm so close guys halp! This is all I need.

Hitmonlee
Hitmontop
Slowking
Braviary
Bonsly
Sudowoodo

Pretty please, I will love you forever!

Do you just need to see them or keep em? I have 4 of these, but not up for trade. If you can wait another hour, I can show them to you.

Just need to see them to fill out the dex. I managed to get a Yanmega so don't worry about him.

I'll be around for a while, thanks! FC is in profile and in game name is Nick.

Just need to see them to fill out the dex. I managed to get a Yanmega so don't worry about him.

I'll be around for a while, thanks! FC is in profile and in game name is Nick.

I can show you Bellossom, Ampharos, and Whimsicott if you want. My FC is in my profile (IGN Jaime) and I could hop on now.

Koppai

So I keep seeing events for Europe to get Pokémon (via Serial codes or whatever) why haven't we received any events in NA?

Nori Chan

I can let you have the the Froakie that Muku gave me, but I completely forgot I need a perfect iv ditto from another country :( to get a female froakie

Just came back to this game from a long hiatus... raising an infant takes a lot from gaming time.

My freaking God I want to do breeding, and perfect my pokemon. This is just the start of a long journey down the rabbit hole.

Type2

I'm almost up to the last badge and thenbking about starting to breed some stuff for competitive. I won't be able to find any ditto until after the elite 4 though?
What's this talk about a perfect 6iv one going around? Anyone have it up for trade?

v1perz53

Ugh, I hate when I make a mistake when breeding that costs me a ton of time. Finally bred a 5IV Pinsir only to realize that Quick Attack was actually an egg move, not a level up move, so back to the drawing board. And this new Pinsir female I have with Close Combat and Quick Attack has a 0 in S. Atk, which is fine, but for some reason 90% of my eggs inherit the 0 when I don't care about that stat at all. At least hatching is pretty mindless. Also, the way abilities are passed down is bizarre, though I think there is a difference in ability pass down between male and female even when not talking about hidden abilities, from what I have experienced recently.

v1perz53

Woo, glad I decided to keep trying to get my 5IV Azumarill instead of settling for the one I had with a 28 HP IV, just hatched my first 6IV pokemon! Female, Huge Power, Aqua Jet egg move, Adamant, everything I could ask for. In a net ball too, for some reason I really like pokeballs with raised areas, like Net/Timer, and Great Ball to a lesser extent.

I don't have any breeding rejects, but I could easily breed a 5IV if anyone wanted, though it isn't too hard of a combo to get.

I only need 2 more Pokemon to complete my dex!

Cofagrigus and Hitmontop.

I'm watching GTS like a hawk, but if anyone could show me these 2 it would save some time! I'm so close. ;_;

I've got both, I'll jump online now.

Thank you thank you thank you!

Sorry, I don't even have any breeding rejects to give you cause everything either got traded or released to make space. Phew. That'll be the first and last time I ever attempt this

Ediy: the little crown in the Pokedex ;_;

JulianImp

After breeding and getting a 6IV HA female Hoppip, I happen to have lots of breeding rejects lying around, all of them come in Dream Balls and have four egg moves: Helping Hand, Encore, Cotton Guard and Aromatherapy. I have more males than I have females, the latest batch has the +Spd/-Atk nature and I also have an assortment of all three abilities (both regular ones and Infiltrator).

If anyone wants one, I'd appreciate other female HA Dream Ball pokémon with egg moves in return. I could also trade the females I've used to breed, that have HA and can relearn all four egg moves if you're willing to spend heart scales on them.

Muku

I'd love that feebas, been meaning to breed one for a while now.

Sure, it's yours then. :)

I can let you have the the Froakie that Muku gave me, but I completely forgot I need a perfect iv ditto from another country :( to get a female froakie

You want a 6IV JPN Ditto? I can get you one of those.

EDIT: Got ya one cloned if you'd like it.

How do these natures affect Pokemon?

It has to be a perfect IV ditto from another country?

Nature's allow you to get something that is more tailored for what you're going for. Timid Froakie is going to gain 10% in speed but lose in 10% in attack. Bulbapedia Nature chart

It doesn't matter so much but it will if you competitively compete. There are some neutral natures where nothing is subtracted/added, but really if you're going to be taking on other folks, take advantages where you can, because they will against you.

Perfect IV Ditto is great for breeding. If it's from another country though it helps increase your chances for shiny. Might as well have a foreign Ditto that is 6IV so you can get a bit better chance at them shinies.

HOLY CRAP! Got my first shiny off GTS. Saw it coming over and was like "That is not a normal Bunnelby..." Was met at level 10 (it is level 11 by time I got it) but what kills me is this thing is in a Masterball.

EDIT: Okay, so I'm a horrible liar. Not intentionally though. After my last 5IV/6IV "last chance" give away.. I got busy. Only thing I've been doing lately, when I have time, is breeding Piplup waiting for dat shiny. So, I never got rid of the Pokemon I said I would. I'm going to give them one more chance on here before I get rid of them for real. Need some boxes back. So, if you'd like any of the following, let me know...

Zorua
- All Modest
- All Egg Moves: Counter, Dark Pulse

x2 Males ~ 31/X/31/31/31/31

Charmander
- All Adamant
- All Blaze

x1 Male ~ 31/31/X/31/31/31 ~ Egg Moves: Flare Blitz, Outrage, Crunch, Dragon Rush
x2 Males ~ 31/31/31/X/31/31 ~ Egg Moves: Flare Blitz, Outrage, Crunch, Dragon Pulse

Eevee
- All Bold
- All Egg Moves: Covet, Wish, Yawn, Charm

x4 Males ~ Anticipation ~ 31/X/31/31/31/31
x2 Males ~ Run Away ~ 31/31/31/31/31/31

Piplup
- All Modest
- All Torrent
- All Egg Moves: Icy Wind, Hydro Pump, Feather Dance, Aqua Ring

x2 Females ~ X/31/31/31/31/31
x1 Female ~ 31/31/X/31/31/31
x1 Female ~ 31/31/31/31/31/X
x1 Male ~ 31/31/31/31/31/X
x3 Males ~ 31/31/31/31/31/31

Ponyta
- All Adamant
- All Pokerus
- All Moves: Low Kick, Double Kick, Flame Wheel, Morning Sun

x5 Females ~ Run Away ~ 31/31/31/31/31/31
x6 Females ~ Flame Body ~ 31/31/31/31/31/31
x4 Males ~ Flame Body ~ 31/31/31/31/31/31

Take as many as you want. Just looking to clear up space.

Type2

Sure, it's yours then. :)

You want a 6IV JPN Ditto? I can get you one of those.

EDIT: Got ya one cloned if you'd like it.

Nature's allow you to get something that is more tailored for what you're going for. Timid Froakie is going to gain 10% in speed but lose in 10% in attack. Bulbapedia Nature chart

It doesn't matter so much but it will if you competitively compete. There are some neutral natures where nothing is subtracted/added, but really if you're going to be taking on other folks, take advantages where you can, because they will against you.

Perfect IV Ditto is great for breeding. If it's from another country though it helps increase your chances for shiny. Might as well have a foreign Ditto that is 6IV so you can get a bit better chance at them shinies.

HOLY CRAP! Got my first shiny off GTS. Saw it coming over and was like "That is not a normal Bunnelby..." Was met at level 10 (it is level 11 by time I got it) but what kills me is this thing is in a Masterball.

EDIT: Okay, so I'm a horrible liar. Not intentionally though. After my last 5IV/6IV "last chance" give away.. I got busy. Only thing I've been doing lately, when I have time, is breeding Piplup waiting for dat shiny. So, I never got rid of the Pokemon I said I would. I'm going to give them one more chance on here before I get rid of them for real. Need some boxes back. So, if you'd like any of the following, let me know...

Zorua
- All Modest
- All Egg Moves: Counter, Dark Pulse

x2 Males ~ 31/X/31/31/31/31

Charmander
- All Adamant
- All Blaze

x1 Male ~ 31/31/X/31/31/31 ~ Egg Moves: Flare Blitz, Outrage, Crunch, Dragon Rush
x2 Males ~ 31/31/31/X/31/31 ~ Egg Moves: Flare Blitz, Outrage, Crunch, Dragon Pulse

Eevee
- All Bold
- All Egg Moves: Covet, Wish, Yawn, Charm

x6 Males ~ Anticipation ~ 31/X/31/31/31/31

Piplup
- All Modest
- All Torrent
- All Egg Moves: Icy Wind, Hydro Pump, Feather Dance, Aqua Ring

x2 Females ~ X/31/31/31/31/31
x1 Female ~ 31/31/X/31/31/31
x1 Female ~ 31/31/31/31/31/X
x1 Male ~ 31/31/31/31/31/X
x3 Males ~ 31/31/31/31/31/31

Ponyta
- All Adamant
- All Pokerus
- All Moves: Low Kick, Double Kick, Flame Wheel, Morning Sun

x5 Females ~ Run Away ~ 31/31/31/31/31/31
x6 Females ~ Flame Body ~ 31/31/31/31/31/31
x4 Males ~ Flame Body ~ 31/31/31/31/31/31

Take as many as you want. Just looking to clear up space.
Could I please get a clone of that ditto? I'd be down to grab an evee if they're still available.

Top Bottom