• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

lupinko

No thank you. Looking to see if I can find a legit one out there.
Thanks for the lickilicky!

Really my pearl cart is only being held up by Mespirit due to me wanting a preferred nature of adamant jolly or modest. I had Timid but got greedy.

I want to EV train my mild Hayley Mew, bold Uxie, and timid Azelf for fun.

I got curious so used the damage calc. Sand Stream buffs the SP def of Tyranitar which makes it a non-ideal match up. Using the damage calc..., 252SpA modest and a high swing would work. Choice Specs guarantees it (not sure if you want Sylveon to only be a hyper beam nuke though, seems like a bad idea in 3vs3). If light screen was up, not a chance.

But like you noticed about surviving the first hit, I believe it may be impossible for mega tyranitar to be able to OHKO an undamaged 252HP Sylveon...unless it manages to poison with poison jab or something.

Ah, didn't realise sand buffed Tyranitar. Why's that though? Got to look into it...

I had Choice Specs actually and Sand Stream was already up from earlier, plus spikes, so Sylveon had a lot of HP taken off when it came in.

This was the same battle where I was facing Rotom Wash, Klefki, Greninja and Talonflame moments earlier.

It's a weird and probably totally unoptimal build, but it's meant to be gimmicky and take players by surprise. I usually save it for last (last resort and also less time for opponents to setup) or for taking out a really annoying Pokemon.

So the big question is was Light Screen still up?

Well, I recorded the battle in the VS Recorder, but man does it takes ages to skip ahead. I don't care about the "what if"s so much, but I'm just interested to know if I could pull off a similar stunt in the future : P

Muku

Anyone got any Shiny Stones? I need some to evolve some pokes and when I get around to doing my collection of Florges. :D

While having to play mini games to get shiny stones sucks, it's not as bad as Battle Maison stuff. You can do the "An Opening of Lightning-Quick Attacks!" for a chance of getting a shiny stone for completion of it. Though it is RNG based so could take you all day to get it technically. (Spent forever doing those stupid mini games to make up the evolution stuff I didn't have to finish my dex.)

Guys, can someone trade me the X-Exclusive megastones plus Blazikenite?

I managed to clone a few legendaries I can offer in return. =)
As far as I know they are legit. Just cloned from my Black game.

I also need help evolving my new Feebas and Haunter. Managed to breed with 6 IVs in Kalos. I just have to train them when that happens.

Guys, can someone trade me the X-Exclusive megastones plus Blazikenite?

I managed to clone a few legendaries I can offer in return. =)
As far as I know they are legit. Just cloned from my Black game.

I also need help evolving my new Feebas and Haunter. Managed to breed with 6 IVs in Kalos. I just have to train them when that happens.

I can help evolve your Pokemon. I have a Milotic myself, but never saw it evolving on my screen X D

For the stones I don't have spares, so I can only trade you them if you can clone them.

I can help evolve your Pokemon. I have a Milotic myself, but never saw it evolving on my screen X D

For the stones I don't have spares, so I can only trade you them if you can clone them.

Yeah... I don't think I can. =(

I have that save dongle thing, but I'm too afraid to use it and screw up my game.

JulianImp

Imagine avalugg under the hail with the 50% boost in defense :O

I see nothing wrong with that. I mean, every single weather effect helps its type with some extra boosts (water nerf, fire nerf, extra SPDef, and HP recovery for Grassy Terrain), while all Hail does is damage (and boosting Blizzard's accuracy, I guess). Improving ice-type's defense would be a welcome addition, since most of their weaknesses tend to be physical-based.

Gleethor

Ok so I'm almost done with my national dex, but I'd like to enlist some gaf help here. If anyone has any of the following pokemon that they'd be willing to trade and trade back to help me out I would greatly appreciate it

I still need:

Jirachi
Manaphy
Victini
Meloetta

Anyone who can help can have a shiny rayquaza for their trouble, just PM me. Thanks!

Ok so I'm almost done with my national dex, but I'd like to enlist some gaf help here. If anyone has any of the following pokemon that they'd be willing to trade and trade back to help me out I would greatly appreciate it

I still need:

Raikou
Lugia
Silcoon (have about 8 cascoons -_-)
Regirock
Regice
Jirachi
Electivire
Magmortar
Manaphy
Darkrai
Victini
Tornadus
Thundurus
Landorus
Keldeo
Meloetta
Xerneas

Anyone who can help can have a shiny mew and/or rayquaza for their trouble, just PM me. Thanks!

I could I be......really cheeky and ask for one of those Mews or Rayquazas?

I'm a nice guy.

I still need:

Raikou
Lugia
Silcoon (have about 8 cascoons -_-)
Regirock
Regice
Jirachi
Electivire
Magmortar
Manaphy
Darkrai
Victini
Tornadus
Thundurus
Landorus
Keldeo
Meloetta
Xerneas

Anyone who can help can have a shiny mew and/or rayquaza for their trouble, just PM me. Thanks!
I could let you see Xerneas. :)

Acrylic7

I posted this already I just didn't want it to get lost in the thread.
Does anyone have these Pokemon to trade me? I would really appreciate it.

-Staryu or Starmie with Hidden HA
- Palpitoad or Seismitoad with transfer moves Stealth Rock/Ice Punch)
-Porygon or Porygon 2 with HA
-Poliwag or Poliwhirl with HA and egg move Ice ball.
-Thick Club. Its an item for Cubone and Marowak.
-Muk or Grimmer with HA, and transfer moves Thunderpunch and FirePunch
- Slowpoke HA with transfer move Brine

I would really appreciate the help.

v1perz53

Sorry I can't help with most of the actual hard things, but you can actually get a thick club fairly easily. If you lead with a pokemon with compound eyes, cubone in glittering cave have a 20% chance to hold a thick club, which you can then steal with thief. It only took me like 10 minutes to get a thick club in my first playthrough, but unfortunately I since restarted. I may be able to breed you an ice ball HA poliwag, don't remember if I have a spheal line in pokebank but I have a ton of HA female poliwag. I'll check when I get home.

Sleepwalker

I can breed you an analitic Staryu if you want.

v1perz53

GTS is truly aids, people want legendaries for the most useless mons.

The strategy to the GTS is to put up some random crap you have and ask for what you want. Do not look for what you want and hope to trade something reasonable in return, it never ends up working out. It definitely takes a little longer waiting for people to trade you, but honestly you will be surprised at what you get for nothing. I got all of the gen IV starters by putting up dittos on the GTS. And not even good friend safari dittos, the random crappy pokemon village ones.

Acrylic7

Sorry I can't help with most of the actual hard things, but you can actually get a thick club fairly easily. If you lead with a pokemon with compound eyes, cubone in glittering cave have a 20% chance to hold a thick club, which you can then steal with thief. It only took me like 10 minutes to get a thick club in my first playthrough, but unfortunately I since restarted. I may be able to breed you an ice ball HA poliwag, don't remember if I have a spheal line in pokebank but I have a ton of HA female poliwag. I'll check when I get home.

Man I forgot about compound eyes ability, thanks. And if you can get me that Poliwag I would really appreciate it man. Thanks!

I can breed you an analitic Staryu if you want.

Thanks man, I would really appreciate it.

Sleepwalker

the worst part about it is that it works

I traded scuttlebugs for everything but legendaries. And has been 95% successful.

The strategy to the GTS is to put up some random crap you have and ask for what you want. Do not look for what you want and hope to trade something reasonable in return, it never ends up working out. It definitely takes a little longer waiting for people to trade you, but honestly you will be surprised at what you get for nothing. I got all of the gen IV starters by putting up dittos on the GTS. And not even good friend safari dittos, the random crappy pokemon village ones.

Yeah, I'll try that, been putting some chimchar rejects i've got and they seem to be getting traded at least.

I just wish there was a way to actually communicate with people in this game, or even some sort of currency (not sure how this would work out).

Alright, I'll get on it, will probably have it tomorrow.

JoeM86

Diancie event details confirmed

It will be distributed in theates in Japan from July 19th to September 30th. Diancie is Level 50 and has the moves Diamond Storm, Reflect, Moonblast and Return. It's holding a Normal Gem.

lupinko

Diancie event details confirmed

It will be distributed in theates in Japan from July 19th to September 30th. Diancie is Level 50 and has the moves Diamond Storm, Reflect, Moonblast and Return. It's holding a Normal Gem.

Yay, I should check if I can prepay my movie ticket now. The date for that is in the corocoro I presume?

lupinko

April 19th. You can get Darkrai from then, too!

Yeah I just looked in my corocoro. The wait for Darkrai continues!

And then later Diancie! :D

Edit: here's hoping my NA X can receive Diancie too! If not then I'll just be content with my JP Y Diancie.

Unicorn

Hey all. School semester is winding down and I have some time to play pokemon again! Does anyone have a skrelp with the hidden ability? Preferably male with decent IV? Have a female with toxic spikes and haze waiting for that scaly lovin

JoeM86

Hey all. School semester is winding down and I have some time to play pokemon again! Does anyone have a skrelp with the hidden ability? Preferably male with decent IV? Have a female with toxic spikes and haze waiting for that scaly lovin

Skrelp isn't available with its Hidden Ability as of yet.

v1perz53

Man I forgot about compound eyes ability, thanks. And if you can get me that Poliwag I would really appreciate it man. Thanks!

I have a female hidden ability poliwag with ice ball for you. My FC is in my profile, let me know when you can be online and what your ingame name/FC is. Unfortunately it is Modest nature, not optimal for ice ball, but that isn't too hard to fix.

Ultimadrago

Anyone want a Froakie with Protean? That's a HA right? I keep f-ing getting them through Wonder Trade.

That's its HA alright. If people weren't breeding them like crazy before, they are now with the recent Smash announcement.

Speaking of which I got the 5IV DiveBall Timid Female Protean wanted since the other day. Using Powersaves to make them Shiny.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
That's its HA alright. If people weren't breeding them like crazy before, they are now with the recent Smash announcement.
What Smash announcement? I don't really play games anymore. I just got my 3DS for X.

In other news, I just got a Phione via Wonder Trade. Hope whoever sent it likes my Meditite.

Top Bottom