• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

I really don't know if I should be amazed or appalled.

So far 95% of my GTS trades have been a scuttlebug for something. And for the most part I've been getting trades. Some I cancelled, others just took a day instead of 30 mins >_>. I focused on starter/baby forms first, then pokemon that can be gotten via friend safari, but now that I'm even getting evolved pokemon on trades I can't help but wonder what some people are thinking about when making these lopsided trades for my scuttlebugs.

So far 95% of my GTS trades have been a scuttlebug for something. And for the most part I've been getting trades. Some I cancelled, others just took a day instead of 30 mins >_>. I focused on starter/baby forms first, then pokemon that can be gotten via friend safari, but now that I'm even getting evolved pokemon on trades I can't help but wonder what some people are thinking about when making these lopsided trades for my scuttlebugs.

Maybe they like them bugs?

KiraFA37

Probably searching for the ones with the rare patterns. You mean Scatterbug right?

v1perz53

Polar is incredibly common (all of NY/Northeast US), but they wouldn't know from GTS so they are taking a chance hoping it is a rarer one. But yea, GTS is weird I've gotten basically everything by putting up dittos from pokemon village, which are not rare at all.

Yay I got two Shiny Dittos off GTS, except one was false advertising and it was only 2iv.

The 6iv I'm keeping, so 2iv jpn kalos shiny ditto and I think a fre shiny hippowdon are up for trades from me.

I think I'm like at 640 now, so close to that shiny charm!

Congrats on the Dittos! HA Premier Ball Abra and Ivysaur would be fantastic and I can help get you closer to the Shiny Charm if I know what you need.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Right now I've got:

Oshawott
Snivy
Tepig
Piplup
Turtwig
Totodile

Also 2 Froakies w/ Protean (1 JPN, both Male).

Polar is incredibly common (all of NY/Northeast US), but they wouldn't know from GTS so they are taking a chance hoping it is a rarer one. But yea, GTS is weird I've gotten basically everything by putting up dittos from pokemon village, which are not rare at all.

I have been noticing that the vast majority of my trades as of late are everything but ENG pokemon. So I guess trading polars are getting me a ton of foreign pokemon.

lupinko

Congrats on the Dittos! HA Premier Ball Abra and Ivysaur would be fantastic and I can help get you closer to the Shiny Charm if I know what you need.

I got Ivysaur already with Chlorophyll, I'll work on Magic Guard Abra later, I played until like 230am and now i got up at 6am to go
Et ready for work. I gotta make sure this doesn't happen again. Lol

I can put what I'm missing later too.

I've been trading mainly 5iv Axews with Adamant/Mold Breaker and egg moves to get to my goal.

Edit: what I need to get the dex:

Paras
Venonat
Diglett
Machamp - not priority
Tentacruel
Grimer
Krabby
Goldeen
Dragonite - not priority
Spinarak
Skiploom
Sunkem
Sunflora
Unown - not priority
Girafarig
Pineco
Scizor - not priority
Phanpy
Blissey
Wurmple
Silicoon
Beautifly
Cascoon
Lotad
Seedot
Wingull
Surskit
Shedninja
Makuhita
Plusie
Sharpedo
Numel
Vibrava
Cacnea
Cactume
Monferno- not priority
Infernape- not priority
Prinplup- not priority
Starly
Staraptor
Wormadam
Mothim
Cherub
Cherrim
Mismagius
Glameow
Happiny
Garchomp
Finneon
Lumineon
Weavile
Porygon z
Patrat
Pidove
Tranquil
Unfezant
Whimsicott
Liligant
Korokokk
Carracosta
Cincinno
Goth 3rd form
Vannilix
Vaniiluxe

I think that's it for now I gotta get going lol.

Sleepwalker

I got Ivysaur already with Chlorophyll, I'll work on Magic Guard Abra later, I played until like 230am and now i got up at 6am to go
Et ready for work. I gotta make sure this doesn't happen again. Lol

I can put what I'm missing later too.

I've been trading mainly 5iv Axews with Adamant/Mold Breaker and egg moves to get to my goal.

Edit: what I need to get the dex:

Paras
Venonat
Diglett
Machamp - not priority
Tentacruel got him
Grimer
Krabby got him
Goldeen
Dragonite - not priority
Spinarak
Skiploom
Sunkem
Sunflora
Unown - not priority
Girafarig got it
Pineco
Scizor - not priority
Phanpy got it
Blissey
Wurmple
Silicoon
Beautifly
Cascoon
Lotad
Seedot
Wingull got it
Surskit
Shedninja
Makuhita
Plusie
Sharpedo
Numel
Vibrava
Cacnea
Cactume
Monferno- not priority
Infernape- not priority (got him would want it back)
Prinplup- not priority
Starly got it
Staraptor got it

Wormadam
Mothim
Cherub
Cherrim
Mismagius
Glameow
Happiny
Garchomp got it (would want it back)
Finneon
Lumineon
Weavile
Porygon z
Patrat
Pidove
Tranquil got it
Unfezant got it

Whimsicott
Liligant
Korokokk
Carracosta
Cincinno
Goth 3rd form
Vannilix
Vaniiluxe

I think that's it for now I gotta get going lol.

I can help you with these.

lupinko

Yeah I can give infernape and garchomp back as I am breeding them but because I'm trying to breed 6iv shiny axew, it's the reason why I can't easily just get all the baby forms right now.

Sleepwalker

Yeah I can give infernape and garchomp back as I am breeding them but because I'm trying to breed 6iv shiny axew, it's the reason why I can't easily just get all the baby forms right now.

You've been on that shiny grind for forever man lol.

Anyway, i'll be on for a bit, my FC is in my profile so I can help you with this w/e you want.

ngower

Finally beat the game—well, the story part, at least. I know most of you probably finished it like two days after the game came out, but this is the first Pokemon I've beaten since Silver so it's pretty cool. Just like in Silver, I won with Umbreon (who I got through an Eevee from this thread!). Drowning in nostalgia/youth feels right now.

ibt1YKTwsCxJjU.gif

Muku

Finally beat the game—well, the story part, at least. I know most of you probably finished it like two days after the game came out, but this is the first Pokemon I've beaten since Silver so it's pretty cool. Just like in Silver, I won with Umbreon (who I got through an Eevee from this thread!). Drowning in nostalgia/youth feels right now.

ibt1YKTwsCxJjU.gif

That's awesome. Congrats! And Umbreon? Awesome.
Best Eeveelution is best.

Yay I got two Shiny Dittos off GTS, except one was false advertising and it was only 2iv.

The 6iv I'm keeping, so 2iv jpn kalos shiny ditto and I think a fre shiny hippowdon are up for trades from me.

I think I'm like at 640 now, so close to that shiny charm!

You still got dat Hippowdon? :O

Azure J

So after a long time away from the game, I'm trying to get a few Pokemon to make some new teams with. If anyone has the following, would you be so kind as to PM me?

I'm looking for:

Scyther (or any bug in its egg group) with Defog
Hidden Ability Shroomish/Breloom
Gible with Stealth Rock

I can offer high IV Riolu/Lucario, Ferroseed, Infiltrator Zubats, one 4IV Deino, Larvesta and Marvel Scale Dratini.

lupinko

That's awesome. Congrats! And Umbreon? Awesome.
Best Eeveelution is best.

You still got dat Hippowdon? :O

Yes you can have the shinies! :)

You've been on that shiny grind for forever man lol.

Anyway, i'll be on for a bit, my FC is in my profile so I can help you with this w/e you want.

I won't be home for at least 4 hrs as I'm at work. And hey, American Dragon pays the pokebills!

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Double battle Battle Institute is the single most infuriating thing I have ever experienced in a Pokemon game, ever. And I bought Red & Blue on Day 1 and own every game since.

It will drive you mad

Infinite

So after a long time away from the game, I'm trying to get a few Pokemon to make some new teams with. If anyone has the following, would you be so kind as to PM me?

I'm looking for:

Scyther (or any bug in its egg group) with Defog
Hidden Ability Shroomish/Breloom
Gible with Stealth Rock

I can offer high IV Riolu/Lucario, Ferroseed, Infiltrator Zubats, one 4IV Deino, Larvesta and Marvel Scale Dratini.
I have ha shroomish but I you're gonna have to get back to me tomorrow

Muku

Yes you can have the shinies! :)

I won't be home for at least 4 hrs as I'm at work. And hey, American Dragon pays the pokebills!

Just let me know when you're around and yessssss! I have nothing major to offer at the moment but my army of Piplups still. LOL.
This thing can go DIAF along with Ponyta... it's already passed Ponyta in time spent trying to get it to come out shiny.

Though, need anything specific? Would prefer to help if I can. :)

lupinko

Just let me know when you're around and yessssss! I have nothing major to offer at the moment but my army of Piplups still. LOL.
This thing can go DIAF along with Ponyta... it's already passed Ponyta in time spent trying to get it to come out shiny.

Though, need anything specific? Would prefer to help if I can. :)

Yeah I feel your pain, first Mamma lucario and now how to train your New York dragon. :/

At least I'm going to do Misdreavius after this and since I don't want the shiny for it, it's going to be a lot easier for 6iv.

I'll post a full list later of what I still need.

Muku

Yeah I feel your pain, first Mamma lucario and now how to train your New York dragon. :/

At least I'm going to do Misdreavius after this and since I don't want the shiny for it, it's going to be a lot easier for 6iv.

I don't think I've bred a shiny since I've gotten the charm, LOL. Before I jumped into Piplup I was breeding something I didn't want shiny in so made it nice. Might find another I don't want shiny after Piplup. Next shiny I want to work on though is Scyther.

Sad thing is haven't even found wild shinies since Loudred. Maybe that's because I told the game I hate Loudred. :( LOL

Actually what's made Piplup worse is it didn't even take me a while to get 6IV. Got lucky second round of breeding to get a 5IV (with a 4IV parent) and the 6IV Ditto a 6IV popped out. I think it's made it feel painfully longer than it should have.

Sounds good.

Frost_Ace

ibt1YKTwsCxJjU.gif
You have good taste sir!

Ultimadrago

I have my Pokemon Bank so filled since its release. I've gotten literally every Pokemon I've cared about, liked, been intrigued by, dreamed of and then some.

I really would love to see the transfer system work for a Pokemon Stadium type game in the future. My army is READY!

Sure thing. The GTS is amazingly lol worthy with what they're asking for Technician Bullet Seed Brelooms. If it isn't that, it's people trading you for non HA Shroomish/Brelooms.

Just got you a Defog Scizor clone. Can you get online now?

v1perz53

Whats with all the Umbreon love! I can't stand Umbreon, though I mostly attribute that to gold and silver coming out when I was in fourth grade, being super excited for new eevee evolutions and dark type, and buying a strategy guide just to figure out how to get that cool new dark type eevee evolution. Wasn't allowed to play video games at night as a kid, so I had to sneak because of the night evolution, and I had no idea how to get a pokemon with high friendship (strategy guides sucked back then). After a few nights of trying, I finally got my Umbreon! Only to learn that the damn thing's best attack was a 60 power Faint Attack! It was the biggest disappointment of my entire elementary school life. Damn thing was useless in game, which was really all that existed back in GSC days, aside from a random link battle with my brother.

I know that Umbreon is a pretty great tank now competitively, but I have never been able to get over how incredibly let down I was when I first used it, and cannot stand it to this day. Unfortunate, because I think it has a really cool design. I can see how people who first saw it in gen IV would have a different impression though.

Muku

Whats with all the Umbreon love! I can't stand Umbreon, though I mostly attribute that to gold and silver coming out when I was in fourth grade, being super excited for new eevee evolutions and dark type, and buying a strategy guide just to figure out how to get that cool new dark type eevee evolution. Wasn't allowed to play video games at night as a kid, so I had to sneak because of the night evolution, and I had no idea how to get a pokemon with high friendship (strategy guides sucked back then). After a few nights of trying, I finally got my Umbreon! Only to learn that the damn thing's best attack was a 60 power Faint Attack! It was the biggest disappointment of my entire elementary school life. Damn thing was useless in game, which was really all that existed back in GSC days, aside from a random link battle with my brother.

I know that Umbreon is a pretty great tank now competitively, but I have never been able to get over how incredibly let down I was when I first used it, and cannot stand it to this day. Unfortunate, because I think it has a really cool design. I can see how people who first saw it in gen IV would have a different impression though.

Even though I was in college by time Silver came out.. I was also frustrated with Umbreon sucking for damage. To be honest, until recently when I started reading about competitive battling and all did I realize he was a tank. Seems like such a waste. However, he's my favorite Eevee evolution. One of my top favorite Pokemon in general. Just looks like a badass. Just wish I could make one that is more my playstyle which is offensive. :( Plus, he's all about the night. I'm very much a night owl.

Sleepwalker

Thankfully I was just discovering the game by myself and my eevee decided to evolve into Espeon. He proceeded to boss the game.

I love Umbreon tho, the new eevelutions i don't really like much (hate sylveon's design), give me jolteon, vaporeon, espeon and umbreon everyday. Flareon is eh.

Wow, tonight was awesome! Hooked and caught a shiny, brave, intimidate, female Gyarados on Rt.22 and bicycled into a shiny, modest, competitive, female Gothorita in Pokemon Village!

I have these for you right now:

Paras
Venonat
Grimer
Goldeen
Spinarak
Sunkem
Sunflora
Pineco
Wurmple
Silicoon
Beautifly
Cascoon
Makuhita
Sharpedo
Numel
Weavile
Gothitelle

I'm going to bed at the moment so I can open at work in a little while. Maybe we can trade in about 24 hours.

Man, the lack of move tutors is really becoming annoying. Seed Bomb, Leaf Blade, Wood Hammer, Power Whip. You'd think Shiftry would learn at least one of these by level up, but nope! Only gets Seed Bomb through tutor.

Muku

Oh man, that was kind of creepiest horde I've ever seen. 5 Lickitung's rolling around like it's a Miley Cyrus concert.

lupinko

While trying to catch Nintendo Playstation's abra Ha Ina premier ball, I caught a jolly xatu with synchronize, and it's shiny too!

It's not magic bounce but unlike the other Shinies I've caught recently, I think I'll keep her. Not since the start of my X playthru last October with Shiny Pidgey who would go on to be shiny bird jesus have I been excited for a caught shiny.

Guys, which one is a better setup for special attacking Xerneas:

Bold, 252HP, 252Def
Geomancy
Moonblast
Thunderbolt/Psyshock/Focus Blast
Heal Pulse

or

Modest, 252Satk, 252Spe
Geomancy
Moonblast
Thunderbolt/Psyshock
Focus Blast

Shluld I go all attacking/cover from the start or should I lose cover in favor of a lot of staying power?

Edit: Forgot to mention. It's for doubles. Sorry.

Top Bottom