• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Delio

So whats the danger of doing cloning? Im trying to get another 6 IV Ditto but I wonder how dangerous it is and could it corrupt my save or something.

Tiamant

I'm missing these pokes for the Kalos dex:

Tentacruel
Jolteon
Diglett
Poochyena
Patrat
Lotad
Vanillish
Timburr
Swablu

Anyone who can help me a bit?

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
What Pokemon do you guys know benefit from having Assault Vest?

Dragonite?

I use it on my Togekiss. It can take a lot of hits most of the time and you'll at least be able to get a couple of good hits in. Add Dazzling Gleam and a 60% chance of flinch with Air Slash, and it's a beast, especially in Doubles.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
So whats the danger of doing cloning? Im trying to get another 6 IV Ditto but I wonder how dangerous it is and could it corrupt my save or something.

There's always an element of risk of shutting off in a trade menu, but I haven't heard of anyone's save being corrupted.

As for losing the wrong poke, as long as you follow the steps:

1. Iniitiate trade with the 3ds containing the poke you want to lose.

2. Shut off the 3ds which originally contained the poke you wanted to clone (and now is receiving the throwaway) first.

You should be okay. Worst thing that can happen is you complete the trade, then have to swap which 3ds starts trade.

I think I'm starting to find my rhythm lol. Just cloned 3 in 4 tries just now.:')

feels good.

You'll hit those, but then you'll get 10-15 in a row without it working (curse you fennekin), and you'll be praying for the next one to work, lol.

MicH

I swear this game is toying with me. I just got a 6 IV Mawile (because I didn't get a single 5 IV spread I wanted) and just now I got a 6 IV Minccino. Seriously. And then right after a 5 IV one (perfect). I'll use the 5 IV one, but seriously

JackHerer

Yes!!!!

After 2 previous flawed/failure shinies i finally got the ideal Shiny Timid Protean Froakie. Perfect IVs in everything but Attack.

That's awesome. I'm gonna try to Masuda method a shiny or two and I really hope I get lucky and get the right IVs. Froakie is definitely one I will be going for. Greninja is one of the best looking shinies IMO.

I asked the same question here a few days ago and got the same answers. I've since cloned over a ton of pokemon without any issue. Just be prepared to fail many times and have to swap 3DS's that you initiate the trade with.

L.O.R.D

maybe this is old
but just discovered this
the chances that you will encounter a shiny i a horde battle is higher then a single pokemon encounter
when i was EV train my pokemon i encountered 2 shiny pokemon , this is the latest moment in the game that i wish that the pokemon isn't shiny, because , i have to catch it
and to catch it i must kill 4 pokemon ans catch the 5th
and my EV pokemon have Pokerus and macho brace , that almost EVs point wasted on the wrong direction

67ycy.jpg

Spinluck

hey what's the ideal nature to have on a rayquaza?

this one i got with perfect ivs has Gentle.

i guess i should hope for non-physical attacks lol

edit: also, is it possible to use a reset bag on a full trained lvl 100 pokemon? if so, how exactly does redistributing the evs work?

SeZMehK

hey what's the ideal nature to have on a rayquaza?

this one i got with perfect ivs has Gentle.

i guess i should hope for non-physical attacks lol

edit: also, is it possible to use a reset bag on a full trained lvl 100 pokemon? if so, how exactly does redistributing the evs work?
Deposit into pc.

one_kill

Thanks for the replies guys!

I think I'll train a Goodra. I dislike how it looks, but I kinda like it as well.

I would've wanted to do AV Togekiss, but Togekiss is annoying to breed haha

Tiamant

lol, it's amazing, isn't it?

Your Accelgor gave me a lot more trouble than I thought it would. So did Steelix, but that's not surprising when my Starmie was the only thing that could kill it.

Really? I wondered why you didn't just Close Combat it, none of my switches could've take that without losing more than half HP.

macklelol

Really? I wondered why you didn't just Close Combat it, none of my switches could've take that without losing more than half HP.

If you just leave in Steelix and take the Close Combat, you would probably take like 40%, then I would get wrecked by any attack you do or you get a turn to use Stealth Rocks. It's not really a good scenario for Staraptor. If I weakened your Steelix to where I could kill it with Close Combat, I would have done that.

MicH

Oh, god daaaamnnn, just hatched this HP Fire bad boy!

Froakie - #656 (Timid)
HP: 31
Att: 31
Def: 30
SpA: 30
SpD: 31
Speed: 30

Best Froake ever! Seriously considering using a HP Fire Hasty one. Like.. Hasty nature, Scald, HP Fire, U-Turn, Ice Beam

Thoughts?

Can I have a male Vulpix?

Also, does anyone have a Stealth Rock Aron?
I think I only have females :/

Usobuko

Banned
Flygon used Fissure.
It's a one-hit KO!
Mega Venusaur Fainted.

Go Slowbro.

Flygon used Fissure.
It's a one-hit KO!
Slowbro Fainted.

Whelp.

TWILT

Banned
Yeah, Scald's more useful on bulky waters like Milotic and such. Hydro Pump is best for Greninja since he's a sweeper.

DaBoss

But yeah, it does seem like the Shiny Charm boosts Masuda chances as in B2/W2, and the X/Y description is misleading. That's a relief.
What were the chances in X/Y again without the shiny charm? 1/683 right? That's still higher than BW2 with the shiny charm lol. I think it was 1/1024?

one_kill

Is anyone currently playing at night? I want to evolve my Gligar. It's ready to go. You only need to fight one battle at Victory Road or FS to level it up.

Thoughts?
Sounds good to me.

I honestly wouldn't ever run Timid Greninja simply because having the extra damage on U-Turn is cool. Not like the defense drops from Hasty/Naive matter, he dies in one hit from everything anyway.

This is my first ever breeding project. I am quite proud.

Now if SOMEONE could throw me an Ability Capsule that would be much appreciated.

MicH

Sounds good to me.

I honestly wouldn't ever run Timid Greninja simply because having the extra damage on U-Turn is cool. Not like the defense drops from Hasty/Naive matter, he dies in one hit from everything anyway.

This is my first ever breeding project. I am quite proud.

Now if SOMEONE could throw me an Ability Capsule that would be much appreciated.
I like Hasty Greninja too. My current one is a Hasty one, but I think I might try a HP Fire Hasty one with U-Turn, Hydro Pump and Ice Beam as well as the Timid one.

Top Bottom