• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Muku

Wow, so many people have a complete living dex here. I'm inspired, where do I start?

Do you have Pokebank? Was a life saver for me. I started by throwing things in boxes, then sorting them by National Dex #. Was easiest way for me to figure out what I needed. Time consuming but totally worth it.

Someone sent me a flawless Quiet Honedge on Wonder Trade.

I don't know what to think.

"Man, breeding these must be easy these days."

But more seriously, this sort of thing is why I sometimes regret being unable to thank the sender after a wonder trade.
I remember getting a quint japanese Gyarados over wonder trade once. It got me started with the masuda method seeing how this was before pokebank was released.

"Man, breeding these must be easy these days."

But more seriously, this sort of thing is why I sometimes regret being unable to thank the sender after a wonder trade.
I remember getting a quint japanese Gyarados over wonder trade once. It got me started with the masuda method seeing how this was before pokebank was released.

You can "Nice" a trader, maybe? They'll appear in your Acquaintances for easy tracking.

I usually do that, although sometimes I don't check the Pokemon until later and I'm like "cool, thanks" in my head.

Either way, I usually send off decent to great breeding fodder myself, so I consider that "thanks" for anything good I get : P

woolley

I've got a bunch of Bulbasaur that I need to get rid of if anyone wants one.

Females
lvl.36 Overgrow 31/31/31/31/31/31
Lvl.1 Overgrow 31/31/31/31/31/31

Lvl.1 Chlorophyll 31/31/31/31/31/xx
Lvl.1 Chlorophyll 31/31/xx/31/31/31

Male
Lvl. 1 Chlorophyll 31/31/31/31/31/31
Lvl.45 Overgrow 31/31/31/31/31/31

Lvl.1 Overgrow 31/31/31/xx/31/31

Wichu

The Pokémon GL usage stats have updated, and I'm having fun looking through them.

Apparently I'm the number one user of Gogoat in Triples (assuming nobody else is insane enough to use Grass Pelt over Sap Sipper).
iHsovO1.png

Also, other Cacturne user (whoever you are), you are awesome. Cacturne is listed as the most common teammate for Florges because both players using Cacturne also use Florges :p

More people should play Triples!

Syntsui

Females

Male

Is any of them Calm or Bold? If so I would like it. I posted my good pokes a couple pages ago, let me know if you need any.

GulAtiCa

See that tends to get posted around. Also another but can't remember exactly what one that is. Quickest way for IVs might be to snag a 6IV Ditto for breeding purposes.

Edit: Though, if you have any questions I'm sure we'd all be able to help ya. :)

Thanks! This helps me a lot. Though I have a question. Currently I am using a foreign Ditto with perfect IV in Attack and Speed. And thus using "Power Anklet" on the Ditto to make sure it passes down the Speed IV at the very least. But of the 5 Eevees it produced, only one had a perfect IV in Speed. So I'm a little confused..

Either way, I usually send off decent to great breeding fodder myself, so I consider that "thanks" for anything good I get : P

This is really the best way to use Wonder Trade. I only send out stuff that's 4IV+, has a wanted HA, is shiny, or is something a little fun like a Scatterbug. All the 0IV Torrent Froakies and Rt. 2 Fletchlings I receive are released back into the wilds of Kalos.

Added you both, I'm 2595-2150-0338

Gotcha. :)

By the way, how hard is it to get a Mudkip in this game? If anyone has a spare one, I'd be more than happy to take it off their hands.

Can't wait for those Gen III remakes to come out. Mudkipz all up in this bitch.

Macka

If anyone wants a female Froakie with the Protean ability, at least 5 perfect stats and hatched in Luxury Ball with the egg move Toxic Spikes, let me know. I've been breeding for a shiny Protean Froakie and so have around 30 of them.

116 away from a kalos livingdex (minus legendaries/events of course)

Taking a break from breeding so I can use the daycare for getting the remaining pokemon.

Using my 6IV jp ditto also helps me get some rather decent pokemon in the process lol.

PBalfredo

Females

Male

If anyone wants a female Froakie with the Protean ability, at least 5 perfect stats and hatched in Luxury Ball with the egg move Toxic Spikes, let me know. I've been breeding for a shiny Protean Froakie and so have around 30 of them.

I could use a Protean Froakie and Chlorophyll Bulbasaur. I'll be on in a few hours if you guys still have them.

0001-3764-1620
IGN: PBalfredo

Muku

Thanks! This helps me a lot. Though I have a question. Currently I am using a foreign Ditto with perfect IV in Attack and Speed. And thus using "Power Anklet" on the Ditto to make sure it passes down the Speed IV at the very least. But of the 5 Eevees it produced, only one had a perfect IV in Speed. So I'm a little confused..

Been a while since I've used single stat items
and even then it was only short term while I was breeding Fennekin before someone gave me a 6IV JPN Ditto here
, but the Eevee itself can still pass down it's stats. I wonder if somehow it's stats in Speed are taking over the Ditto's? Is your Eevee holding anything?

Also, if you'd like a 6IV JPN Ditto to make things easier, can hook ya up with one.

Wow, so many people have a complete living dex here. I'm inspired, where do I start?

Breed a ton of Scatterbugs, like 8+ boxes. Then, deposit them in the GTS asking for a pokemon you can't get in game by yourself.

Meanwhile, catch all the pokemon you can, including the ones in the friend safaris. Catch extra's to breed/evolve them to get all the forms.

That should get you everything save the legendaries. For those, you'll either have to transfer copies from previous games, if you have them, or request help from a clonner or genner from somewhere.

Doing that got me my first living dex (also marked the first time I've bothered to complete the pokedex - and I've been playing since the beginning) in a little over a month, not including time spent beating the game.

One of the reasons why many people are probably working on living dex's is due to pokebank.

The luxury of instantly transferring a living dex to each new game sounds amazing. Saves 90% of the effort and just need to get the new pokemon

Muku

Breed a ton of Scatterbugs, like 8+ boxes. Then, deposit them in the GTS asking for a pokemon you can't get in game by yourself.

Meanwhile, catch all the pokemon you can, including the ones in the friend safaris. Catch extra's to breed/evolve them to get all the forms.

That should get you everything save the legendaries. For those, you'll either have to transfer copies from previous games, if you have them, or request help from a clonner or genner from somewhere.

Doing that got me my first living dex (also marked the first time I've bothered to complete the pokedex - and I've been playing since the beginning) in a little over a month, not including time spent beating the game.

Just curious, what Vivillon pattern do you have? Also, do you mark it with a note when putting on GTS or no?

Curious about how others go about it. I have Monsoon, so don't have any problem trading them off or marking them as such, though imagine with more popular ones they aren't marked.

Just curious, what Vivillon pattern do you have? Also, do you mark it with a note when putting on GTS or no?

Curious about how others go about it. I have Monsoon, so don't have any problem trading them off or marking them as such, though imagine with more popular ones they aren't marked.

Polar, and no, I never marked what type it was. I did ask for 'Kalos born' pokemon while filling the central/coastal/mountain dex; it was generally effective.

But it doesn't really matter since your region is listed when you deposit a pokemon. Those looking to complete their Vivillon collections probably have some idea which region they need and which ones they already have.

Muku

Polar, and no, I never marked what type it was. I did ask for 'Kalos born' pokemon while filling the central/coastal/mountain dex; it was generally effective.

But it doesn't really matter since your region is listed when you deposit a pokemon. Those looking to complete their Vivillon collections probably have some idea which region they need and which ones they already have.

But your region doesn't mean you have what your region has. Or if a region has multiple of something, then what? Japan has three different ones I believe: Elegant, Monsoon, and Tundra. So it wouldn't exactly tell me what theirs was.

Plus, I've restarted Y with my 3DS with a region so that when I started up a new game I'd have Sandstorm. Then changed my region back to US. I think that's why some folks tend to mark theirs. At least that's why I mark mine. I don't trade my Monsoon on my JPN copy often, usually do it on my US copy.

I have polar pattern and I just dump it into the GTS without any note. When I was pattern hunting, I just went straight for the vivillons, I bumped into too many people putting false notes on their scatterbugs.

Taking one with no note at least makes you take the gamble of getting the scatterbug. Those putting false notes should just burn in hell lol. (Damn you that was from hawaii and sent me a modern pattern scatterbug!)

Muku

I have polar pattern and I just dump it into the GTS without any note. When I was pattern hunting, I just went straight for the vivillons, I bumped into too many people putting false notes on their scatterbugs.

Taking one with no note at least makes you take the gamble of getting the scatterbug. Those putting false notes should just burn in hell lol. (Damn you that was from hawaii and sent me a modern pattern scatterbug!)

Yeah, for the longest time I was putting up Vivillon only so folks knew what they were getting into. But evolving them on scale I was putting them up became a hassle. Moved to Scatterbugs with notes. Was afraid my notes would be ignored, because like you, I'm tired of folks putting up incorrect notes. But so far folks have been still taking the Scatters. Maybe not as quickly as Vivillon, but it's all good. Not in a rush. I try to give folks a reason to at least try to trust notes again. :(

But your region doesn't mean you have what your region has. Or if a region has multiple of something, then what? Japan has three different ones I believe: Elegant, Monsoon, and Tundra. So it wouldn't exactly tell me what theirs was.

Plus, I've restarted Y with my 3DS with a region so that when I started up a new game I'd have Sandstorm. Then changed my region back to US. I think that's why some folks tend to mark theirs. At least that's why I mark mine. I don't trade my Monsoon on my JPN copy often, usually do it on my US copy.

Don't think Japan has Tundra (at least according to this or this).

I see your point but I think you're in a bit of a minority when it comes to starting a new game just to switch regions. As mentioned, I also went straight to the Vivillon's on the GTS when collecting; there was simply no way to be sure the scatterbug was what it was stated to be.

Muku

Don't think Japan has Tundra (at least according to this or this).

I see your point but I think you're in a bit of a minority when it comes to starting a new game just to switch regions. As mentioned, I also went straight to the Vivillon's on the GTS when collecting; there was simply no way to be sure the scatterbug was what it was stated to be.

Maybe not Tundra (although one map I use as reference lists it as Tundra), but imagine Hokkaido has a different one than mainland Japan. But I find a lot of pattern lists that I've used all seem to vary from each other a bit.

And yeah, I might be in the minority of restarting for a specific pattern... but trading is something that also affects it. Someone gets a Scatterbug from someone else then trades it again on GTS/WT without having evolved it. Can't take it for granted what you think you're getting is what you're really getting. I don't imagine trading being a minority thing.

But I hear ya. When I was Vivillon collecting I went straight to Vivillon on GTS as well. I tend to market to the competitive side of folks when dealing with Scatterbugs on there. Plus to be honest I didn't want to go level it. Not to see it wasn't what it was supposed to be, but just because I didn't want to have to go take it out to get what I wanted. Both sides cater to different needs. It's interesting though.

EDIT: Just checked the lists you linked. Don't think anyone has edited any of these since initial wave. :( Sandstorm also comes from Saudi Arabi (where I set mine).

I've used several sources. Here for a map for a visual and here.

But I hear ya. When I was Vivillon collecting I went straight to Vivillon on GTS as well. I tend to market to the competitive side of folks when dealing with Scatterbugs on there. Plus to be honest I didn't want to go level it. Not to see it wasn't what it was supposed to be, but just because I didn't want to have to go take it out to get what I wanted. Both sides cater to different needs. It's interesting though.

Yeah, it's a collection within a collection.

Having a relatively rare type helps a lot though. In my experiences, putting a polar Vivillon was a lot less effective than just putting up a no-note scatterbug. Could have just been a coincidence but a female scatterbug would get me just about anything (aside from legendaries) while the Vivillon form were hit or miss (given the same time frame and especially if they were male). The few monsoon Vivillon's I've seen on the GTS were wanting a legendary in return.

The majority of scatterbug I bred were done with a 6IV ditto holding a destiny knot and a 5IV Vivillon. I never checked the IV's though.

Muku

Yeah, it's a collection within a collection.

Having a relatively rare type helps a lot though. In my experiences, putting a polar Vivillon was a lot less effective than just putting up a no-note scatterbug. Could have just been a coincidence but a female scatterbug would get me just about anything (aside from legendaries) while the Vivillon form were hit or miss (given the same time frame and especially if they were male). The few monsoon Vivillon's I've seen on the GTS were wanting a legendary in return.

The majority of scatterbug I bred were done with a 6IV ditto holding a destiny knot and a 5IV Vivillon. I never checked the IV's though.

Yeah, Monsoon I toss up on GTS ask for legendaries. I keep extras around for folks. But thing is, I don't really need anything at this point. But what I'd like to do is put them up and ask for a specific Vivillon pattern in return. But alas, this system is horrible. And if you put a note asking for something specific first troll that comes by will give you trash. Though, shortly, to get rid of a few extra Monsoon I may just put them up for basically nothing. Going to have to make room for some Sandstorm soon.

You should check IVs. The Scatters will appeal to competitive folks. And for folks who just want to collect 5/6IV Scatters for whatever reason. Maybe next step up from just having a collection is having a collection with 5/6IV. Something I've been pondering replacing my collection with anyway. I would trade folks here for their Scatters if they were 5IV.

Though, if anyone wants 5IV Monsoon, I've got some to share. Also have a few 6IV Monsoon for trade.

GulAtiCa

Been a while since I've used single stat items
and even then it was only short term while I was breeding Fennekin before someone gave me a 6IV JPN Ditto here
, but the Eevee itself can still pass down it's stats. I wonder if somehow it's stats in Speed are taking over the Ditto's? Is your Eevee holding anything?

Also, if you'd like a 6IV JPN Ditto to make things easier, can hook ya up with one.
Pretty sure the eevee wasn't holding anything. Anyways I'd love a 6iv pin ditto. That be great.

Muku

Pretty sure the eevee wasn't holding anything. Anyways I'd love a 6iv pin ditto. That be great.

Sure thing. My FC is in my profile (use the non JPN one). I'll add you as well. Just let me know when you're on and I'll hop on. 3DS I use now is my secondary so not online on it often enough.

Aad

Do you have Pokebank? Was a life saver for me. I started by throwing things in boxes, then sorting them by National Dex #. Was easiest way for me to figure out what I needed. Time consuming but totally worth it.

I don't have Pokebank just yet but thanks for the idea!

Thank for the advice, I was going to post how the GTS has gone to shit over the past few months so I bred a few Scatterbugs and deposited them in the GTS as you suggested and it works wonders! I think I'm even going to start collecting all the Vivillion forms now. Modern type is my native one btw is anyone wants one.

Macka

Any specific reason for a [non English] 6IV Magikarp? Just a curious.
I want to try Time Machine breeding. It needs to be foreign for the Masuda method to work, and preferably 6IV so it's easier to tell which stats were passed down.

Muku

I want to try Time Machine breeding. It needs to be foreign for the Masuda method to work, and preferably 6IV so it's easier to tell which stats were passed down.

Hm never heard of that method. Will have to take a look into it. But why a 6IV Magikarp over say a foreign 6IV Ditto?

Edit: I see method about it mentions Magikarps, but I can't imagine it only works with them. I guess I don't quite get it. If you have a 6IV anything and breed it with something it doesn't take much to get a 5IV.

Edit 2: Will see what I can do for you on that front for a Magikarp in any case.

Top Bottom