• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Edit: I see method about it mentions Magikarps, but I can't imagine it only works with them. I guess I don't quite get it. If you have a 6IV anything and breed it with something it doesn't take much to get a 5IV.
Magikarp are the fastest eggs to hatch in the game so reach the goal (offspring IVs) quickest. I guess 2 Magikarp for faster egg production.

As for the IVs, in the days before there were many 6IV anything this was more important but I always found having to use external tools and reset games to be more hassle than just mass production.

Muku

Magikarp are the fastest eggs to hatch in the game so reach the goal (offspring IVs) quickest. I guess 2 Magikarp for faster egg production.

As for the IVs, in the days before there were many 6IV anything this was more important but I always found having to use external tools and reset games to be more hassle than just mass production.

At least while mass producing you have a chance of 6IVs popping out too.

Okay, I seriously underestimated the rarity of shinies. I got a perfect female Froakie off Wonder Trade and thought why not try for it. 3 days later...

Few months ago I got 2 shiny Riolu's in my first dozen eggs without trying. In retrospect, that was some pretty goddamn insane luck. lol

lupinko

For people that need help with dexes or if you want in general, remember I can provide johto guardians, Sinjoh dragons and Unova's elemental genies.

Muku

Whoa, that was fast! I'm here now...what would you like in return?

Are there any Pokemon you're looking for?

Sorry wasn't around. Only on for a moment now and gone for night. Maybe I can catch you in the morning. Naw. My dex is done. Really only did this to help ya out. So whatever works.

Send me your FC via PM. Use my non JPN one in my profile.

I have one for you, just getting it off Bank. My Friend Code is 4725-8064-6593, I'll be online in a sec. :)

Just wanna say thanks for the Larvitar, it's doing well. Integral part of my team, and with that Outsider bonus it just levels like crazy.

KdSEewb.jpg

I might have a spare, but if I don't I can easily breed one.

And you too, thanks! Took it along with my team for a while, that EXP Share works fast. :lol Mudkip and Marshtomp look increibly derpy in the new engine though, lol. Gonna use it to breed a Mudkip again, get a subscription to the Pokébank, and I'll transfer it to my team when I start a replay.

The downside to having over 700 pokémon available is that there's just so many awesome ones to choose from.

Wanace

I've discovered that putting Unowns on the GTS resulted in me getting the pokemon I wanted in a trade very quickly. I'm just filling up my dex though, not looking for anything special.

Just go to the ruins of Alph in Heart Gold and trade a bunch over.

GulAtiCa

After I evolve Lickitung today, I'll have seen every Pokemon in Kalos! Then onto National Pokedex... lol

Sure thing. My FC is in my profile (use the non JPN one). I'll add you as well. Just let me know when you're on and I'll hop on. 3DS I use now is my secondary so not online on it often enough.

I'll add you tonight. I'll be free tonight after 7 PM or so (I'm on East Coast of USA in case your not in NA). I'll let you know when I'm online after work.

I've discovered that putting Unowns on the GTS resulted in me getting the pokemon I wanted in a trade very quickly. I'm just filling up my dex though, not looking for anything special.

Just go to the ruins of Alph in Heart Gold and trade a bunch over.

Unowns are actually valuable just cause they're only available in gen 3/4

Anyone RE reset training bags?

Bit confused with the question : o

For your previous post, the only tips I know is to make sure your Pokemon has the happy face on the bottom screen, which I think raises the chance of finding bags. But that's about it; it's all down to luck.

You can also play the balloon popping game on the Global Link site, which awards you with the EV reducing berries. It's a bit grindy, but I got a good number of berries trying to get other rewards I wanted, like the Prism Scale.

EDIT: Not trying to pour salt in your wounds, but I just found a Reset bag now X D

Bit confused with the question : o

For your previous post, the only tips I know is to make sure your Pokemon has the happy face on the bottom screen, which I think raises the chance of finding bags. But that's about it; it's all down to luck.

You can also play the balloon popping game on the Global Link site, which awards you with the EV reducing berries. It's a bit grindy, but I got a good number of berries trying to get other rewards I wanted, like the Prism Scale.

EDIT: Not trying to pour salt in your wounds, but I just found a Reset bag now X D

Damn it :D
I spent 30 minutes the other day with several smiling Pokemon and nothing! Nada!

No idea, but you can make Perilous Soup at the Berry Juice Shop if you mix a Kee Berry and a Maranga Berry.

Only can do it once per day but it's something.

The berry guy might sell it occasionally too, but I've never seen it.

If you don't have the berries you can breed them:

http://www.serebii.net/xy/berryfields.shtml

I think I'll try this + continually tapping the Super training screen! Thanks!

ChrisD

Please tell me I'm not the only one who gives normal Pokemon to people on the GTS with "SHINY PLZ!!!!" as their note.

This guy was trading Porygon for like Zangoose or something with that note.

He got a plain Jane Zangoose.

I feel like a monster.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who gives normal Pokemon to people on the GTS with "SHINY PLZ!!!!" as their note.

This guy was trading Porygon for like Zangoose or something with that note.

He got a plain Jane Zangoose.

I feel like a monster.

LOL, you were too kind IMO.

I beat those people up in my head.

Need a little help with my team if anyone has a moment. I don't play competitively, but I do like to battle friends from time to time. I just got to the Kalos Power Plant in Y.

Right now I have:
Lv. 37 Greninja with
Water Pulse
Surf
Rock Tomb
Strength

Lv. 36 Pidgeot with
Agility
Fly
Aerial Ace
Quick Attack

Lv. 41 Ampharos with
Thunder Punch
Discharge
Power Gem
Take Down

Lv. 42 Larvesta with
Ember
Flame Charge
Bug Bite
Take Down

Lv. 39 Malamar with
Foul Play
Psycho Cut
Cut
Psybeam

And a Lv. 36 Goomy with
Body Slam
Bubble
Dragon Breath
Bide

I'm not all that impressed with Goomy, so what could I replace it with to cover my bases? I have an Axew, a Gible, and a Trapinch for potential Dragon types, but I'm certainly open to other types that would work better.

Syntsui

Need a little help with my team if anyone has a moment. I don't play competitively, but I do like to battle friends from time to time. I just got to the Kalos Power Plant in Y.

Right now I have:
Lv. 37 Greninja with
Water Pulse
Surf
Rock Tomb
Strength

Lv. 36 Pidgeot with
Agility
Fly
Aerial Ace
Quick Attack

Lv. 41 Ampharos with
Thunder Punch
Discharge
Power Gem
Take Down

Lv. 42 Larvesta with
Ember
Flame Charge
Bug Bite
Take Down

Lv. 39 Malamar with
Foul Play
Psycho Cut
Cut
Psybeam

And a Lv. 36 Goomy with
Body Slam
Bubble
Dragon Breath
Bide

I'm not all that impressed with Goomy, so what could I replace it with to cover my bases? I have an Axew, a Gible, and a Trapinch for potential Dragon types, but I'm certainly open to other types that would work better.

Both Gible and Axew's last evolution are really powerful, so it just go down to your preference. Axew has access to better/more diverse moves though. Competitively, Gible would be better, but since you don't care that much about that, you will be fine with either of them.

Both Gible and Axew's last evolution are really powerful, so it just go down to your preference. Axew has access to better/more diverse moves though. Competitively, Gible would be better, but since you don't care that much about that, you will be fine with either of them.

I rolled with Haxorus for a while, but I ended up not really liking him, so I'm training my Gible to see if Garchomp is any better. I'm not planning to pay competitively either, I just like creating a varied team of kickass. :D

Also recently switched out my Raichu for an Ampharos, getting his moveset up to speed now, and he's wrecking way more shit than his predecessor (though he does seem to be a lot slower, at least in his Mega Evolved form).

I rolled with Haxorus for a while, but I ended up not really liking him, so I'm training my Gible to see if Garchomp is any better. I'm not planning to pay competitively either, I just like creating a varied team of kickass. :D

Also recently switched out my Raichu for an Ampharos, getting his moveset up to speed now, and he's wrecking way more shit than his predecessor (though he does seem to be a lot slower, at least in his Mega Evolved form).

My Ampharos is a beast, much better than my original Ampharos in the Gold and Silver days. Plus I crack up every time at his Mega Evolution.

I think I'll roll with Axew since I raised a Gible before.

Need a little help with my team if anyone has a moment.
Team looks good, what I'd recommend is clearing up redundancies in the movepools as you level up. Switching out Water Pulse for Night Slash/Quick Attack for Return/etc. would go a long way once you reach the E4. And, obviously, deleting the HM's to clear out space for other moves once you're comfortable with each poke's movepool.

Honestly, I don't blame you for wanting to switch out Goomy and you can't go wrong with any of the three you listed. Haxorus is a glass cannon and is really fun in-game, Flygon is a personal favorite of mine and functions very well as a Physical Sweeper, and Garchomp can alleviate a ton of pressure from the rest of your team, although in my experience he has a tendency to turn into a crutch.
That's by design. Ampharos has always been very slow, especially relative to other electric types.

Gotta love the big ol' electric sheep, though. Especially when he's going through his Glam Rock phase.

It's too bad his facial expression (along with a lot of others) in these games is permanently set to 'derp'.

Team looks good, what I'd recommend is clearing up redundancies in the movepools as you level up. Switching out Water Pulse for Night Slash/Quick Attack for Return/etc. would go a long way once you reach the E4. And, obviously, deleting the HM's to clear out space for other moves once you're comfortable with each poke's movepool.

Honestly, I don't blame you for wanting to switch out Goomy and you can't go wrong with any of the three you listed. Haxorus is a glass cannon and is really fun in-game, Flygon is a personal favorite of mine and functions very well as a Physical Sweeper, and Garchomp can alleviate a ton of pressure from the rest of your team, although in my experience he has a tendency to turn into a crutch.

That's by design. Ampharos has always been very slow, especially relative to other electric types.

Thanks for the tips. While I'm glad they've upped the power of HMs, I wish they just became trainer skills you earn by defeating a gym. I hate having to take up a move slot or using an HM Slave. Ruby/Sapphire is going to be a nightmare with Dive, Waterfall, etc.

Thanks for the tips. While I'm glad they've upped the power of HMs, I wish they just became trainer skills you earn by defeating a gym. I hate having to take up a move slot or using an HM Slave. Ruby/Sapphire is going to be a nightmare with Dive, Waterfall, etc.

Glad I'm not the only one who's annoyed by those HM's and TM's like Rock Smash. I have to waste a move slot on my Gallade, just so I can progress. :(

GulAtiCa

Sure thing. My FC is in my profile (use the non JPN one). I'll add you as well. Just let me know when you're on and I'll hop on. 3DS I use now is my secondary so not online on it often enough.
I'm available now and rest of the night. Just let me know when your online. Ill keep my game online. Thanks again

Muku

I'm available now and rest of the night. Just let me know when your online. Ill keep my game online. Thanks again

I'm on now. I dunno how long I'll be around because I'm heading out to Pokemon Center today to snag a World Cup Pikachu. And of course will drag along my 3DS for dat free Pokemon.

so i'm over here doing some evening wondertrading when suddenly

ogYgEgA.png
ogYgEgA.png
ogYgEgA.png

(i feel bad that they got a crappy volbeat in the trade but we did some trading afterwards so it was cool)

I need to wondertrade more. I received a level 66 Chesnaught yesterday and thought I was lucky. :lol

Wichu

Won't lie, have never really used Kangaskhan before. What's a good nature for its mega evolution?

Adamant is probably the best, but a case can be made for Jolly, or Impish/Careful on defensive builds.

Also apparently I've leveled 53 Pokémon to level 100 without realising it. Dayum, the Chateau makes leveling fast.

Muku

Adamant is probably the best, but a case can be made for Jolly, or Impish/Careful on defensive builds.

Also apparently I've leveled 53 Pokémon to level 100 without realising it. Dayum, the Chateau makes leveling fast.

Hm alright. Thought Jolly might be acceptable under certain conditions. One of the ones I got today is Jolly. But to be honest, thinking about it, I probably won't end up using it anyway. Not sure if these event Pokemon come with 2 or 3 IV at max, but even if they do it's probably random on top of nature. Thinking of making Kanga my next project. So Adamant it is. Thank you!

I'm trying to get my hands on all the starters, right now I've got a Charmander, Totodile, Cyndaquil, Mudkip, Piplup, Froakie and Chespin. I'm checking the GTS, but the things some people are asking for are just insane. :lol An Oshawott for a Rayquaza, seems fair.

lupinko

I'm on now. I dunno how long I'll be around because I'm heading out to Pokemon Center today to snag a World Cup Pikachu. And of course will drag along my 3DS for dat free Pokemon.

Remember you can get multiple Kangas lol why who cares you can!

It's compatible with non-JP games too.

GulAtiCa

Breeding 5IV Eevees feels so nice. The Oval Charm works well to help speed up the process in getting those eggs as well. Going to start going after the national Pokedex soon.

Muku

Remember you can get multiple Kangas lol why who cares you can!

It's compatible with non-JP games too.

Yeah, I got two. One on US X and one on JPN X. Didn't want to drag US Y along in a case to have to worry about it so just didn't bother.

Funny enough got the World Cup Pikachu there... then went to Yodobashi after lunch and they had them there too. Doh! But always fun to go to Pokemon Center. And it was only 70 yen cheaper there anyway, so not like it saved me anything. Plus gave me chance to get the Kangas.

lupinko

Yeah, I got two. One on US X and one on JPN X. Didn't want to drag US Y along in a case to have to worry about it so just didn't bother.

Funny enough got the World Cup Pikachu there... then went to Yodobashi after lunch and they had them there too. Doh! But always fun to go to Pokemon Center. And it was only 70 yen cheaper there anyway, so not like it saved me anything. Plus gave me chance to get the Kangas.

I also have event Scizor from February and the Battle Championship one, same goes for Gengar. So if you want to clone event pokes, you know who to ask.

Anyway for competitive Pokegaf, I am thinking of doing a toxic stall Flygon to be part of my vgc team.

I got the idea from smogon but am changing it a bit.

Jolly (same EV spread tho as smogon)
Roost
Toxic
earthquake
Dragon tail

I would get STAB on both moves, and dragon tail would force switch ins as I'm going to lay spikes and stealth rocks too with Skarmory and Tyranitar.

Good idea or no?

MegaMelon

I also have event Scizor from February and the Battle Championship one, same goes for Gengar. So if you want to clone event pokes, you know who to ask.

Anyway for competitive Pokegaf, I am thinking of doing a toxic stall Flygon to be part of my vgc team.

I got the idea from smogon but am changing it a bit.

Jolly (same EV spread tho as smogon)
Roost
Toxic
earthquake
Dragon tail

I would get STAB on both moves, and dragon tail would force switch ins as I'm going to lay spikes and stealth rocks too with Skarmory and Tyranitar.

Good idea or no?

Have you considered putting dig on there somewhere? Thanks to levitate, you can be immune to earthquake underground, though the thoughtof letting the opponent hae a free turn is a bumber.

lupinko

Have you considered putting dig on there somewhere? Thanks to levitate, you can be immune to earthquake underground, though the thoughtof letting the opponent hae a free turn is a bumber.

I haven't, but it could be something I can consider.

I'm looking at a sandstorm team of Mega Tyranitar, Garchomp, Skarmory, Carracosta, Flygon with Staraptor to scout and smash.

Top Bottom