• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Bebpo

Banned
Help! I think I'm in trouble

I'm at the snowy town after badge 6 and right before you get there on route 14 there's some breakable walls and I tried to break them only to find I couldn't find the HM skill on any of my pokemon that I use. I know I had it on one of them before because I was rock smashing on the sandy beach on the west side of the world map dozens of hours ago but I must have deleted it at some point because I hadn't used it for so long I forgot it was an HM and I replaced it with a better attack.

So I went to the remember lady and looked through the remember lists of all the pokemon I use and...it's not there either. Can you only remember skill that the pokemon normally learns on its own?

In that case uhmmmm, is there anywhere in the game where I can get another rock smash HM? If not, is not having that map ability going to prevent me from finishing the game later on?

macklelol

Help! I think I'm in trouble

I'm at the snowy town after badge 6 and right before you get there on route 14 there's some breakable walls and I tried to break them only to find I couldn't find the HM skill on any of my pokemon that I use. I know I had it on one of them before because I was rock smashing on the sandy beach on the west side of the world map dozens of hours ago but I must have deleted it at some point because I hadn't used it for so long I forgot it was an HM and I replaced it with a better attack.

So I went to the remember lady and looked through the remember lists of all the pokemon I use and...it's not there either. Can you only remember skill that the pokemon normally learns on its own?

In that case uhmmmm, is there anywhere in the game where I can get another rock smash HM? If not, is not having that map ability going to prevent me from finishing the game later on?

You only really need Surf and Strength (HM03 and HM04 respectively) to beat the game. Rock Smash is a TM (TM94) and is given by an NPC in Amberette Town.

one_kill

Yeah that's where I got it the first time. Now that I've lost it will he give me another?
Sort out your bag

See, even the pros think so!

In all seriousness though, that's what I mean by "with proper setup." Scrafty's a cleanup sweeper meant to be sent out and wreck the opposing team once anything that can threaten him is dead. Only a fool with a deathwish would call on him while Talonflame and the Lame Bros. are still out and about.
A lot of Pokemon used online threaten it though. It probably thrives when trick room is up, but a lot of Pokemon with access to fairy, fighting, and flying moves outspeed it.

Wild shot in the dark here:

Anyone want to help me fill my dex with the special pokemon? You know, Mew, Celebi, etc. If not, its ok. I just hate waiting for bank.

Phew. Went silent for a while here.

I'm doing a binge watch of Sword Art Online (cute anime by the way) while breeding HP Fire Timid Froakie.

I ended up with a 31/10/31/30/31/30 Male Protean Froakie and I think I'll settle with that. Mission Complete.

I do have a question, though. How does Spikes/Toxic Spikes Greninja fare in battle? I mean, Greninja isn't the most durable of mons but I know he is fast. Is the plan for Greninja to just set up one layer and run off?

ffdgh

I'm doing a binge watch of Sword Art Online (cute anime by the way) while breeding HP Fire Timid Froakie.

I ended up with a 31/10/31/30/31/30 Male Protean Froakie and I think I'll settle with that. Mission Complete.

I do have a question, though. How does Spikes/Toxic Spikes Greninja fare in battle? I mean, Greninja isn't the most durable of mons but I know he is fast. Is the plan for Greninja to just set up one layer and run off?

Greninja is more of...get in, wreck havoc with attacks but hey, it could work lol.

ggs mackelol. It took me forever to remember whirlwind is -6 priority. I put it on Swellow instead of Protect since I figured it would activate Flame Orb and help Nidoqueen with phazing. Nope lol. I was so mad and confused when Starmie outsped it.

Also, it was cool when Alakazam traced Regenerator and came back full health next time he switched in. :p

PK Gaming

Spikes Greninja is kind of niche. To start, its one of the best offensive Pokemon in the game, so it should always be attacking. It really doesn't have to time to set up Spikes, especially considering how frail it is. It's kill or be killed!

Oh and its completely useless in 3v3 / VGC*

macklelol

ggs mackelol. It took me forever to remember whirlwind is -6 priority. I put it on Swellow instead of Protect since I figured it would activate Flame Orb and help Nidoqueen with phazing. Nope lol. I was so mad and confused when Starmie outsped it.

Also, it was cool when Alakazam traced Regenerator and came back full health next time he switched in. :p

GGs. I didn't expect Nidoqueen to start phazing, that really threw me off. And Avalugg's bulk. God damn. Even with poor typing, god damn.

I was actually curious about tracing regenerator. Now that I see it works, gotta be careful around those pesky Porygon2's with my Tangrowth.

I'm also looking for Foul Play Vullaby, Softboiled Clefable. Moonlight is bad alternative.

I'll go breed a Vullaby for you, I'll just need a few minutes.

How would you even get Softboiled Clefable? And if you wanted to use Unaware, you'd be forced to use Moonlight.

Usobuko

Banned
I'll go breed a Vullaby for you, I'll just need a few minutes.

How would you even get Softboiled Clefable? And if you wanted to use Unaware, you'd be forced to use Moonlight.

I'm going Magic Guard for that one. Softboiled from LG/FR's Move Tutor. Whelp, thanks gamefreak.

Thanks btw, I'm trying to form my first 6v6 team.

GGs. I didn't expect Nidoqueen to start phazing, that really threw me off. And Avalugg's bulk. God damn. Even with poor typing, god damn.

I was actually curious about tracing regenerator. Now that I see it works, gotta be careful around those pesky Porygon2's with my Tangrowth.

Yeah, Nidoqueen is a bulky phazer. That's why I thought she could take a hit from Mawoswine. ;_;

Avalugg has lived an Azumarill's Play Rough after a Belly Drum. And a (super effective) Rock Blast from Cloyster after Shell Smash does barely 50% lol. I love that guy.

A lot of Pokemon used online threaten it though. It probably thrives when trick room is up, but a lot of Pokemon with access to fairy, fighting, and flying moves outspeed it.

Trick Room? Where we're going, we don't need Trick Room. Jolly + 252 Speed IVs + a free Dragon Dance on the switch = outspeeding tons of stuff. Anyone who says Scrafty sucks just isn't using him right!

macklelol

Yeah, Nidoqueen is a bulky phazer. That's why I thought she could take a hit from Mawoswine. ;_;

Avalugg has lived an Azumarill's Play Rough after a Belly Drum. And a (super effective) Rock Blast from Cloyster after Shell Smash does barely 50% lol. I love that guy.

Well, Mamoswine can OHKO Shield Form Aegislash, so I don't think Nidoqueen stood a chance.

azumarill.gif

#184 Azumarill [Adamant]
IVs: 31 / 31 / 31 / 18 / 31 / 31

So I finished my first ever breeding project and ended up breeding a hex flawless Marill afterward. Oh well.

I need to breed some special attackers. My teams always lean way too heavily towards physical.

Any suggestions?

Well, Mamoswine can OHKO Shield Form Aegislash, so I don't think Nidoqueen stood a chance.

Yeah, she's weak to both of Mamo's STABs and I knew it had a Life Orb. So that was just poor judgement in retrospect.

Edit: could I have a Vullaby too please?

macklelol

Ah alright, thanks dude :D
Once you're ready, I'll sneak outside

Got them ready to trade. They'll have 4IVs, and apparently they are Impish. Could've sworn my Mandibuzz was Bold. Not like it really matters.

IGN is Boa Toh, just send me a trade request for a Vullaby, Usobuko and one_kill.

one_kill

Got them ready to trade. They'll have 4IVs, and apparently they are Impish. Could've sworn my Mandibuzz was Bold. Not like it really matters.

IGN is Boa Toh, just send me a trade request for a Vullaby, Usobuko and one_kill.
Thanks dude! Be on in a minute

What's up with online today? So many disconnections and errors.
Must be... it can't be... POKEBANK

macklelol

I need to breed some special attackers. My teams always lean way too heavily towards physical.

Any suggestions?

Yeah, she's weak to both of Mamo's STABs and I knew it had a Life Orb. So that was just poor judgement in retrospect.

Edit: could I have a Vullaby too please?

Lucky for you, I managed to get 3. Send me a trade request later.

Muku

Good luck on trying to chain trade for legendaries. I know in beginning it was doable by folks, but a week ago I started to try. Waiting on bank has become a bit tiresome and wanted something to pass the time, so figured what the hay. It's like a brick wall. You can trade for a few things, but that's about it. Xerneas and Yveltal are things no one wants. I have had no luck moving beyond that. Tried to trade them for the birds, but no bites.

Though, I have found that getting Milotic is fairly easy. I have some leftover breeding rejects from when I was tackling Zorua. 5IVs with a couple of egg moves and folks eat them up and give me Milotic's for 'em. Can't say I've had much luck with other breeding rejects yet.

Wow, did that last night. LOL. Binged enough got through half the episodes.

ffdgh

Woot got lucky again with Masuda. 128 eggs and I now have a 5iv shiny iron fist chimchar. :D

Have a box full of them actually lol.

Windam

Scaley member
Can anyone Friend Safari me for a Dratini/Dragonair? I've been fishing for over half an hour on Route 21 with a Super Rod and not a single Dragonair. :'(

Top Bottom