• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Wanace

Nothing like taking the time to breed and train a pokemon just to see it flat out suck in battle.

My poor 5 IV Storm Drain Cradily with Stealth Rock and Recover will never live up to it's potential. :(

Oh well, at least I have it if I ever need it again.

The Feb PC Scizor and Gengar worked exactly like that. I can see if it's possible for me to get the distro again, worst case scenario is I delete the wonder card and get it again.

Are there any megastone pokes you wanted? And since my games are set to English they will be in English except for the trainer name which would be pokesen in katakana. I can also Sr for a preferred nature (and technician for scizor) for fun.

I'm trying to build up an event collection and I don't like weird gaps, so I was hoping for none or all of them : P

A matching nature for each would be incredibly awesome as well. Are you interested in the Spring 2014 Magmar and Electabuzz? I can trade you a VGC Mamoswine (Adamant-locked) plus those two (SR'd for nature) for all six, if you think it's a fair trade.

However, if it's too much bother to grab and SR for all six, I'll just take as many as you can give me.

A low speed feebas with Mirror Coat can actually be deadly if it's very tankish. I actually have a 5IV feebas with 0 in speed with mirror coat and wondering if I should build it up to snuff competitively

Counter/Mirror Coat will almost always go last no matter what (since it has negative speed priority), so speed doesn't matter for that.
Thanks, I forgot about Mirror Coat during my excitement.

Slightly annoyingly, it's a Modest Feebas, but it does have Mirror Coat. I was actually planning on working on a bulky Calm build after getting a 5 IV Modest.

My Poke plushies from the 711 lotteries, plus my Blue Samurai Pikachu got earlier this month.

Daww, I need to get myself a Sylveon plush one day ^^

lupinko

I'm trying to build up an event collection and I don't like weird gaps, so I was hoping for none or all of them : P

A matching nature for each would be incredibly awesome as well. Are you interested in the Spring 2014 Magmar and Electabuzz? I can trade you a VGC Mamoswine (Adamant-locked) plus those two (SR'd for nature) for all six, if you think it's a fair trade.

However, if it's too much bother to grab and SR for all six, I'll just take as many as you can give me.

I can try to find out next week. The ones I got are for myself but are available for cloning. But I understand why you wouldn't want a clone.

No guarantees but I'll see what I can do.

Ugh, why did Game Freak ever think it was a good idea you'd have to encounter the legendary birds 11 times before they'd go to a fixed location? That just yells "bad game design".

Whoa, just MM'd my second shiny: a flawless Garden Scatterbug : D

I don't normally like shiny Scatterbug/Vivillon, but definitely keeping this one for bragging rights.

Curious how many eggs I've hatched though. I wonder if it's gone past 1000 by now?

I can try to find out next week. The ones I got are for myself but are available for cloning. But I understand why you wouldn't want a clone.

No guarantees but I'll see what I can do.

Thanks! That's more than good enough for me ^^

Most of the time I really struggle to find others who will do non-clone event trades. Obviously it's much harder when you have to let go of your Pokemon and/or when you don't have spares.

Ugh, why did Game Freak ever think it was a good idea you'd have to encounter the legendary birds 11 times before they'd go to a fixed location? That just yells "bad game design".

Yeah... that's just... I thought it was a joke when I first read that.

On the plus side, their nature/stats aren't fixed when you meet them at the cave. Although that's not much of a benefit if you don't care for stats.

I just caught it. Accidentally killed it a few times first, my 5IV Protean Greninja is just too much of a badass. So I just threw a Quick Ball, and it stayed in. :lol

That's the final Legendary I needed. Damn, I have them all.

cu0BzMr.jpg

CNSVBxq.gif

So they can keep the tedium of roamers while allowing you to SR for a good one with ease. It's a huge improvement for competitive players and I hope they do something similar with Lati@s.

EDIT: And it doesn't really take that long to encounter the birds enough times.

I just caught it. Accidentally killed it a few times first, my 5IV Protean Greninja is just too much of a badass. So I just threw a Quick Ball, and it stayed in. :lol

That's the final Legendary I needed. Damn, I have them all.

Nice!

Now you just need to wait for Diancie and the others : P

Nice!

Now you just need to wait for Diancie and the others : P

Now I'm deathly afraid that something will wipe out my save and destroy everything. :lol

Not allowing us to take backups is lunacy in this day and age.

So they can keep the tedium of roamers while allowing you to SR for a good one with ease. It's a huge improvement for competitive players and I hope they do something similar with Lati@s.

EDIT: And it doesn't really take that long to encounter the birds enough times.

You say that like it doesn't make it any less annoying.

Well if you have a digital version of the game you can just copy everything from the SD card.

Nope, physical here. Not gonna bother spending money on something that imo should've already been a feature in some way, either.

Pokémon X is my only 3DS game, so I dunno if any others keep their saves on the game cartridge too. Back in the Gameboy days it was logical, now it just feels weird.

How awesome would it be if GF added in a NG+ mode. I'd love it.

Muku

I've got almost the entire Pokedex in the Pokemon Bank. If that shit crashes, I'll be pissed.

Same. If something happened to that, I'd probably rage quit. But I trust that more than I do than keeping all of the stuff in-game. You have to saved to do a lot of stuff, and after reading about a few game deaths ... then yeah. Pretty sure my copy was used and sold to me as "new"
Gamestop of course
while on vacation last Oct. So I think I'm a bit more paranoid than I normally would be.

Nice Blue! Congrats on getting them all! (I see you got dat Phione now too.)

Next month.... Diancie! I really need to find my ticket and see if there's anything I should know before just heading to theater day 1. Also going to have to prepare myself. It's a Saturday and you know it's going to be full of kids. Just want the Diancie though. ;_;

JoeM86

Next Battle Competition details confirmed:

Registration Period: July 3rd to July 10th 2014
Battle Period: July 11th to July 14th 2014
Battle Type: Rotation Battle
Pokémon Restrictions: Eevee, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, Glaceon & Sylveon only, Kalos Native Only
Banned Pokémon: Pokémon not related to Eevee, Pokémon not captured or hatched in X & Y
Entry Prize: 1000 Pokémiles

The Eevee Friendly makes a return in Generation VI and once again comes within the form of a Rotation Battle. In this battle, you can only use the evolutions of the Pokémon Eevee. Pokémon are lowered to Level 30 and you can battle 10 times in a day.

10274198_10152557152383689_1869879800893381253_n.jpg

Wanace

Next Battle Competition details confirmed:

Registration Period: July 3rd to July 10th 2014
Battle Period: July 11th to July 14th 2014
Battle Type: Rotation Battle
Pokémon Restrictions: Eevee, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, Glaceon & Sylveon only, Kalos Native Only
Banned Pokémon: Pokémon not related to Eevee, Pokémon not captured or hatched in X & Y
Entry Prize: 1000 Pokémiles

The Eevee Friendly makes a return in Generation VI and once again comes within the form of a Rotation Battle. In this battle, you can only use the evolutions of the Pokémon Eevee. Pokémon are lowered to Level 30 and you can battle 10 times in a day.

10274198_10152557152383689_1869879800893381253_n.jpg

This is an interesting competition. I've been thinking about breeding up some eeveelutions anyway, good excuse to do so!

Talk about First World Problems, I'm trying to come up with a good Team configuration now that I've got a lot of lvl 100 Pokémon.

My current team is:

Rayquaza(*): Hasty/Air Lock/Overheat, Fly, Earthquake & Outrage
Greninja: Hardy/Protean/Surf, Ice Beam, Extrasensory (or Grass Knot) & Dark Pulse
(Mega) Ampharos: Naughty/Static/Thunderbolt, Discharge, Focus Blast & Dragon Pulse
(Mega) Charizard (Y)(*): Modest/Solar Power/Solar Beam, Heat Wave, Focus Blast & Fire Blast
Yveltal: Bold/Dark Aura/Dark Pulse, Oblivion Wing, Phantom Force & Focus Blast
Zygarde: Serious/Aura Break/Dragon Dance, Outrage, Land's Wrath & Extreme Speed

Battle box is:

Swampert: Naughty/Torrent/Waterfall, Hammer Arm, Stone Edge & Earthquake
Salamence: Calm/Intimidate/Dragon Claw, Draco Meteor, Fly & Earthquake
(Mega) Garchomp: Timid/Sand Veil/Stone Edge, Earthquake, Dragon Claw & Dragon Rush
(Mega) Charizard (X): Docile/Blaze/Dragon Claw, Flare Blitz, Earthquake & Fly
Gallade: Gentle/Steadfast/Psycho Cut, Close Combat, Poison Jab & Swords Dance
(Mega) Tyranitar: Adamant/Sand Stream/Crunch, Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Giga Impact

I've also got:

Talonflame: Timid/Flame Body/Brave Bird, Fly, Fire Blast & Flamethrower
Arceus (N): Bold/Multitype/Earth Power, Blizzard, Psychic & Judgment
(Mega) Mewtwo (X): Sassy/Pressure/Recover, Hyper Beam, Psystrike & Aura Sphere

But now I'm basically lost as to how I can combine them into one (or two) good teams. I feel like 90% of my Pokémon have Earthquake. I can't send my Charizard Y and Rayquaza into battle together, because their abilities cancel each other out. Anyone got any tips? :p

Wichu

Talk about First World Problems, I'm trying to come up with a good Team configuration now that I've got a lot of lvl 100 Pokémon.

My current team is:

Rayquaza(*): Hasty/Air Lock/Overheat, Fly, Earthquake & Outrage
Greninja: Hardy/Protean/Surf, Ice Beam, Extrasensory (or Grass Knot) & Dark Pulse
(Mega) Ampharos: Naughty/Static/Thunderbolt, Discharge, Focus Blast & Dragon Pulse
(Mega) Charizard (Y)(*): Modest/Solar Power/Solar Beam, Heat Wave, Focus Blast & Fire Blast
Yveltal: Bold/Dark Aura/Dark Pulse, Oblivion Wing, Phantom Force & Focus Blast
Zygarde: Serious/Aura Break/Dragon Dance, Outrage, Land's Wrath & Extreme Speed

Battle box is:

Swampert: Naughty/Torrent/Waterfall, Hammer Arm, Stone Edge & Earthquake
Salamence: Calm/Intimidate/Dragon Claw, Draco Meteor, Fly & Earthquake
(Mega) Garchomp: Timid/Sand Veil/Stone Edge, Earthquake, Dragon Claw & Dragon Rush
(Mega) Charizard (X): Docile/Blaze/Dragon Claw, Flare Blitz, Earthquake & Fly
Gallade: Gentle/Steadfast/Psycho Cut, Close Combat, Poison Jab & Swords Dance
(Mega) Tyranitar: Adamant/Sand Stream/Crunch, Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Giga Impact

I've also got:

Talonflame: Timid/Flame Body/Brave Bird, Fly, Fire Blast & Flamethrower
Arceus (N): Bold/Multitype/Earth Power, Blizzard, Psychic & Judgment
(Mega) Mewtwo (X): Sassy/Pressure/Recover, Hyper Beam, Psystrike & Aura Sphere

But now I'm basically lost as to how I can combine them into one (or two) good teams. I feel like 90% of my Pokémon have Earthquake. I can't send my Charizard Y and Rayquaza into battle together, because their abilities cancel each other out. Anyone got any tips? :p

There's no nice way to put it, but if you take these online (which I assume you're doing as they're level 100)... prepare to get wrecked.

Anyway, there are two approaches you could take with those Pokémon. Play by the Rated Battle rules and ditch the legendaries, or go all-out and cram as much power onto the team as possible.

Tyranitar/Swampert/Salamence/Garchomp/Greninja/Charizard Y might be decent (just watch out for the clashing weathers)
With legendaries, you could have Rayquaza/Yveltal/Arceus/Mewtwo/Charizard Y/Greninja.

If you actually want to win battles, level 100s aren't enough - you'll want to at minimum Super Train (or equivalently EV train) your Pokémon, and optimally try and get new Pokémon with better natures (for example, your Garchomp's nature lowers its Attack stat; ideally you'd want a Jolly nature to lower its unused Sp. Atk instead). You don't need to train all the way to level 100 for online; level 50 is enough, since the default battle mode temporarily sets all levels to 50 (Battle Spot doesn't raise levels if you're lower than 50, hence training to level 50 might be useful).

I'm not planning to go online, don't worry about it, at least not competitively. I might have a few games for fun, which is why I just want to mix and match a decent all-round team. Most of them have been super trained (or reached full EV spread), too.

Wichu

I'm not planning to go online, don't worry about it, at least not competitively. I might have a few games for fun, which is why I just want a decent all-round team.

And most of my 'mon have been Super Trained.

Ah, fair enough. It still depends on whether you want to be 'that guy' with a team full of legendaries :p

Ah, fair enough. It still depends on whether you want to be 'that guy' with a team full of legendaries :p

Probably not. :p I'm currently only rocking Rayquaza, because he's a badass.

It's a nice thought that I could be that guy if I wanted to, though. :lol

I tried breeding/selecting by nature, but got tired of not getting any good ones. I must've hatched two dozen eggs trying to get a Hasty Froakie, and it just wouldn't come.

I tried breeding/selecting by nature, but got tired of not getting any good ones. I must've hatched two dozen eggs trying to get a Hasty Froakie, and it just wouldn't come.

That's where the Everstone comes in handy : P

But I suppose you need a Hasty male in the right egg group first.

I'm also stewing over the right moveset for a Sap Sipper Goodra. Right now I'm running Curse, Earthquake, Body Slam and Outrage. Not too sure about it though.

Just watching a random video and a funny thing is seen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZMItl0cmp4
You can hit yourself in confusion while frozen? My guess is the Slowking was using scald which auto-thaws and that property still applies but maybe someone knows better.

Well if you have a digital version of the game you can just copy everything from the SD card.
Thing is that doesn't help if the 3DS breaks or goes missing.

Use a Timid nature Greninja instead, our Modest if you want more power.

I'm also stewing over the right moveset for a Sap Sipper Goodra. Right now I'm running Curse, Earthquake, Body Slam and Outrage. Not too sure about it though.
Take out Body Slam, replace with Aqua Tail, Power Whip, or Poison Tail.

Veelk

Banned
Hey, does anyone have a spare Charizard Y megastone they would be willing to part with? I got Pokemon X, and it's pretty much the only thing I want from Y.

Just wondering, has anyone actually managed to grab a pokeball pattern vivillon?

Yeah, I was a bit crazy and mailed my Pokemon Y to France.

(Also, in case anyone asks, I'm not trading it away or cloning it. But if you're interested and don't mind, I might be able to get a Wonder Card-injected one.)

Yeah, I was a bit crazy and mailed my Pokemon Y to France.

(Also, in case anyone asks, I'm not trading it away or cloning it. But if you're interested and don't mind, I might be able to get a Wonder Card-injected one.)

Don't care if it's cloned, as long as someone in GAF can provide me one. Need to stay on top of the vivillon collection.

Whoever gets me that pokeball vivillon first can pick one of these for trade.

Mewtwo
Cobalion
Zygarde
Mesprit
Shiny Gible
Shiny Magikarp
Shiny Crustle

I'm about to close my fairly successful Mudkip breeding project; is anyone interested in some leftovers?

All are male, Jolly with Damp and egg moves Ice Ball, Avalanche, Yawn and Barrier.

I have pretty much every 5 IV spread except the all-important no Special Attack one. Although, if you really one, I can try to breed a no Special Attack one.

I nearly forgot about the mudkip lol. Thx for the trade.

Cross posting from the Pokemon Community Thread.

I've just completed another round of breeding and I'm left with a number of pokes that are available to whoever wants them. There's a lot of them, so feel free to request multiples if you like. My FC is in my profile, so just send me a PM if you're interested.

Thanks!

Gastly x37 (20m, 17f)
Timid Nature
Levitate
Luxury Ball

Cleffa x41 (34f, 7m)
Modest Nature
Magic Guard / Cute Charm
Heal Ball

Squirtle x13 (12m, 1f)
Bold Nature
Rain Dish / Torrent
Net Ball

Dratini x15 (9f, 6m)
Jolly Nature
Shed Skin / Marvel Scale
Repeat Ball

Charmander x4 (Male)
Adamant Nature
Solar Power / Blaze
Timer Ball

Bulbasaur x6 (Male)
Calm Nature
Overgrow
Nest Ball

Deino x5 (3m, 2f)
Timid / Modest Nature
Hustle
Luxury Ball

Piplup x5 (Male)
Rash Nature
Torrent
Heavy Ball

Might pick up Pokémon Y tomorrow, since I don't want to restart on X and they don't allow multiple saves.

If I put some of my X 'mon in the Pokémon Bank, can I import them into my Y game?

Redd

Might pick up Pokémon Y tomorrow, since I don't want to restart on X and they don't allow multiple saves.

If I put some of my X 'mon in the Pokémon Bank, can I import them into my Y game?

I'm pretty sure you can. You can't move items though through pokebank.

Top Bottom