• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Style

Banned
Pulled the trigger on Pokemon X since I got a Nintendo 3DS and pretty excited to revisit Hoenn in the near future. Looking forward to be joining the fray.

one_kill

So does someone have the Pokeball Vivillon? I've got a few spare shinies and legendaries that I would offer for a clone.

Pulled the trigger on Pokemon X since I got a Nintendo 3DS and pretty excited to revisit Hoenn in the near future. Looking forward to be joining the fray.
Cool dude! Welcome!

My little brother got Pokemon X recently too :D

Man, I'm so glad that to get my Pokemon in ORAS I can just withdraw them in bulk from Pokemon Bank. After ORAS I'll be working with a total of 5 games so I probably won't ever get rid of my sub. It just saves so much time.

Man, I'm so glad that to get my Pokemon in ORAS I can just withdraw them in bulk from Pokemon Bank. After ORAS I'll be working with a total of 5 games so I probably won't ever get rid of my sub. It just saves so much time.

Yeah I have been very pleased with it so far. I was skeptical when it was announced as a sub, but I can't really complain at all so far. It will be great for ORAS that is for sure.

Jmac71

I just ordered Y. Should be here Monday, I can't wait to get started. Maybe I'll have it finished by the time ORAS comes out.

Seil

Not yet!

There is a lot of pokemons in this game too. Barely made it to the second gym and I have encountered a lot more than the common rats and birds.

Yup, the Kalos dex has over 450 Pokemon. The friend safari adds more to what's available natively in Kalos in the postgame, too haha. Definitely plenty of variety.

Edit: On an unrelated note, I'm trying to MM for an Umbreon, and I now have a 6IV female. Have a spare 6IV male as well, and I'd be surprised if I don't get more. Not going for hidden ability, the current male has Run Away. Luxury Ball, only egg move is Wish. Up for grabs if anyone happens to want it. Same if there's a 5IV spread anyone would be interested in, though I doubt this combination is highly sought after =p Currently just wonder trading/releasing the 5IV ones.

Edit: On an unrelated note, I'm trying to MM for an Umbreon, and I now have a 6IV female. Have a spare 6IV male as well, and I'd be surprised if I don't get more. Not going for hidden ability, the current male has Run Away. Luxury Ball, only egg move is Wish. Up for grabs if anyone happens to want it. Same if there's a 5IV spread anyone would be interested in, though I doubt this combination is highly sought after =p Currently just wonder trading/releasing the 5IV ones.

If you would be ok with getting early pokemon (only in connecting cave), I would gladly take one.

Seil

Can someone lend me Deino with Earth Power for breeding purposes?

Well, I didn't have one, but I do now lol. Wanted a female in a luxury ball anyway, so found my White copy, caught one, onto Black 2 for the tutor, then up to Bank and here it is. Got 5 eggs, kept a female, but the other four are up for grabs, all in luxury balls.

M Gentle X/31/31/31/X/31
M Lonely X/31/X/31/X/31
M Hardy X/31/X/X/X/31
F Mild X/31/X/X/X/31

Edit: Oh, the original female I transported up is available, too. Serious nature, no 31s.

If you would be ok with getting early pokemon (only in connecting cave), I would gladly take one.

Yup, no problem. I've got a living dex and these are just byproducts that would be released otherwise haha.

FC: 2878-9608-8408

Yup, no problem. I've got a living dex and these are just byproducts that would be released otherwise haha.

Cool, I will post my FC when I get home from work. I was going to try and trade with another gaffer tomorrow afternoon between 3:00 and 4:00 PM central, if that works?

Well, I didn't have one, but I do now lol. Wanted a female in a luxury ball anyway, so found my White copy, caught one, onto Black 2 for the tutor, then up to Bank and here it is. Got 5 eggs, kept a female, but the other four are up for grabs, all in luxury balls.

M Gentle X/31/31/31/X/31
M Lonely X/31/X/31/X/31
M Hardy X/31/X/X/X/31
F Mild X/31/X/X/X/31

Edit: Oh, the original female I transported up is available, too. Serious nature, no 31s.

Luxury ball you say? Cool, can I get the female mild one? :)

FC is in my profile, ign Buzz. Adding you in a minute. Anything special in return?

Muku

Awesome, it's totally worth the shiny Umbreon in the end. Just curious, what nature Umbreon are you going with?

Seil

Luxury ball you say? Cool, can I get the female mild one? :)

FC is in my profile, ign Buzz. Adding you in a minute. Anything special in return?

Whatever's fine.

Awesome, it's totally worth the shiny Umbreon in the end. Just curious, what nature Umbreon are you going with?

Well, was going for Calm, and still will since I already have a 6IV female for it and don't want to start another atm lol. But the question made me realize I should've considered something else due to the lack of Foul Play here. Hopefully ORAS will fix that =p

Not that I figure I'll be using Umbreon a whole lot anyway x.x But I like 'em and the shiny.

Edit: Then again, I could just not use a physical attack at all. Not like it's a huge deal with how pitiful its attack stat is anyway.

Thought Pokémon Y would be cheaper by now, it's still €40 over here. Those Steam sales have really spoiled me. :lol

Looks like I'll just have to wait for ORAS. Might train a decent online team in the mean time.

one_kill

Hmm, can't think of anything else right now. If you don't have one, everything is fine. :)
Thanks dude!

I have a spare Uxie. Stats are ok I guess, but it's adamant. I do have a couple of 6IV spare legendaries if you're interested. They are Victini (Jolly), Genesect, Mew (Jolly), and Meloetta. I can give you the Uxie and another if you want. They're just sitting in the bank anyway.

My FC is 0103 9712 6861
IGN is James

Edit: Ah dude, I'm headed for bed. Will try to reach you tomorrow :) Thanks again

Thanks dude!

I have a spare Uxie. Stats are ok I guess, but it's adamant. I do have a couple of 6IV spare legendaries if you're interested. They are Victini (Jolly), Genesect, Mew (Jolly), and Meloetta. I can give you the Uxie and another if you want. They're just sitting in the bank anyway.

My FC is 0103 9712 6861
IGN is James

Edit: Ah dude, I'm headed for bed. Will try to reach you tomorrow :) Thanks again

For bed? It's 2PM around here. :p

Sorry, had to go somewhere. I'll gladly take the Uxie and the Mew. The Victini sounds tempting, too. Any other event pokemon you need? Happy Hour Inkay or something like that?

one_kill

For bed? It's 2PM around here. :p

Sorry, had to go somewhere. I'll gladly take the Uxie and the Mew. The Victini sounds tempting, too. Any other event pokemon you need? Happy Hour Inkay or something like that?
It's 10.50PM here lol

I'm cool with events, just need the Pokeball Vivillon. I'll give you the Victini too.

Anyway, I'll see ya when I see ya. Thanks dude

What are the advantages of online play for Pokemon X/Y? I have never played a Pokemon and do not own a 3DS.

Online tournaments is probably one of the bigger draws I'm guessing. I don't play competitively so I'm not the best person to say but I know a lot of people who play just for the online battling.

What are the advantages of online play for Pokemon X/Y? I have never played a Pokemon and do not own a 3DS.

Online battling is pretty nice, like Wyndstryker said and you definitely want to check out the GTS and Wondertrade. GTS is where you offer or look for specific mons, while Wondertrade is all random.You pick the pokemon you want to trade and someone else does the same. It's fun! You can end up with garbage, but also get Legendaries or some other really cool stuff.

Other online features are of course friendcode stuff and being able to see other people online "passersby" so you can do random trades or even battles to random people of choice.

It's the closest to a pokemon MMO without being an mmo as it has some mmoish features.

I've been keeping track of my June International Challenge progress. I'm using Mega Garchomp, Special LO Tyranitar, Scarf Aurorus, Lum SD Taunt Skarmory, BD Azumarill, and Mega Manectric. Yes, those are the three mons you see on the JIC banner.

But I screwed up and Mega Garchomp has Sand Tomb instead of EQ so I can't really use it. This makes Aegislash significantly harder to deal with than I had intended. Also, apparently Aurorus should have Nature Power but I have Icy Wind. So the correct set is Hyper Beam/Ancient Power/Freeze Dry/Nature Power for anybody wondering.

Seil

Have another 6IV male Eevee up for grabs. Also have males of every 5IV spread and females of most of them. May start just autoreleasing males and only keep 6IV females unless people are interested in 6IV calm males with Wish lol.

Anyone up for a best of 3 match? I feel like playing some games.

edit: Preferably doubles
I'll be happy to battle you once the International Challenge is over and I can give this Garchomp Earthquake. :p I also need to make small adjustments to two other movesets.

Korosenai

I'll be happy to battle you once the International Challenge is over and I can give this Garchomp Earthquake. :p I also need to make small adjustments to two other movesets.

What is this international challenge you speak of?

And cool :p Just pm me anytime you want to play and i'll try to get on.

Korosenai

Not sure if it's been talked about yet or not, but would the Mega Stone for Sceptile combined with Unburden give it a speed boost before it goes Mega and changes abilities?

Because that would be awesome if so.

Also, thank you Aveyn for the Mudkip!

No problem!

I think that's all the Mudkip requests done and dusted. I still have about three left if anyone still wants one (two minus Attack and one minus Speed). However I've traded away the 6 IV parent, so it's unlikely I'll breed more.

So I have almost planned my team:
Greninja – Water/Dark
Charizard X – Fire/Dragon
Gallade – Psychic/Fighting
Aegislash – Steel/Ghost
Rotom – Electric/Grass

Who can be the last Pokémon that I can catch or breed in Kalos? One that doesn't share any type with the previous ones.

one_kill

Not sure if it's been talked about yet or not, but would the Mega Stone for Sceptile combined with Unburden give it a speed boost before it goes Mega and changes abilities?

Because that would be awesome if so.

I hate Unburden so I hope not :p
but I'm pretty sure it won't work since I don't recall mega stones disappearing when you mega evolve

I hatched 8 5IV Larvitars in the last day, wondering if it's worth hatching any more in the hope I finally get a 6IV, or if I should just move on to the next Pokémon in my list.

Greninja – Water/Dark
Aegislash – Steel/Ghost
Rotom – Electric/Grass

Who can be the last Pokémon that I can catch or breed in Kalos? One that doesn't share any type with the previous ones.

You could always go for a Normal/Fairy type.

Greninja – Water/Dark
Aegislash – Steel/Ghost
Rotom – Electric/Grass

You can be crazy and throw in a garbage pokemon to screw around like a Bidoof or Zigzagoon lol. But realistically you can always go with a Carbink (Rock/Fairy)

MarkusRJR

So I bought both X and Y back on launch day, but the more I use my 3DS the more I realise I rarely ever change cartridges. I basically end up leaving whatever game I'm playing in the slot (currently Zelda: ALBW) and realizing I want to a play a bit of Pokémon after a while with no cartridge on hand.

Would I be able to buy the digital version of Y and interact all three X/Y copies with Pokémon Bank?

fek

So I bought both X and Y back on launch day, but the more I use my 3DS the more I realise I rarely ever change cartridges. I basically end up leaving whatever game I'm playing in the slot (currently Zelda: ALBW) and realizing I want to a play a bit of Pokémon after a while with no cartridge on hand.

Would I be able to buy the digital version of Y and interact all three X/Y copies with Pokémon Bank?
Yes, you can do that.

Top Bottom