• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Mexico's having a Premiere Challenge right now that has over 300 players or something like that.

Let the fight for 15 CP begin! Though to be fair there are other prizes.

Korosenai

All Pokemon have 5 ivs... These are my spares from like, 3 months ago that I need to get rid of.

3x Impish immunity gligars
10x jolly moxie scrafty with egg moves
2x adamant thick fat swinub With egg moves
1x Calm poison point skrelp with egg moves
1x Adamant contrary inkay
10x modest rotom
9x jolly scrappy kangaskhan
10x timid serene grace togepis with egg moves
1x Bold cursed body frillish with egg moves

My fc is in my profile, just pm me what you want and when you can trade.

Set out to MM a 31/X/31/31/31/31 shiny Amaura. Anticipated it taking days, if not weeks.

Got a shiny 31/2/31/31/31/31 in the first box.

Well that was faster than anticipated.

lupinko

I kinda killed my drive in playing with other things, but I'm trying to get back now.

Tho with the way I was playing it was a big time sink.

What does everyone expect for ORAS post game? Is it likely we will see the Battle Frontier return?

Personally I really want to see the challengers team and then pick my leads accordingly, like Pokemon Stadium. I hated that in Maison you just went in with your team preselected. Running the same lead pokemon 50 battles in a row gets repetitive. Anyone think/hope we'll go back to that format?

Korosenai

I love playing Battle Spot and picking my Pokemon instantly, and the other person spending the full 2 minutes trying to think of the perfect combination to fight my team.

I love playing Battle Spot and picking my Pokemon instantly, and the other person spending the full 2 minutes trying to think of the perfect combination to fight my team.

That other person sounds like me.

I like the "freedom" of team preview, but sometimes I spend way too long thinking things. Especially if you can only bring 3 or 4 of your Pokemon out in battle : (

When I used to practice with my gym team I would bring two other pokemon that weren't ice just to troll the other team. Normally something that would steam roll fire/fighting/rock/steel.

Seil

Finally got my shiny Eevee, woo! Will go about evolving it into Umbreon soon and then figure out what I want to do next lol. I stopped checking most male IVs, so no extra 6IV males, and no females either x.x I do have all 5IV spreads on both male and female though if anyone's interested in some. Will probably be releasing them in the next day or so lol.

Looks like we missed eachother again last night Seil, will have to try again the next few days.

Yeah. Holding onto it for ya, shoot me a pm whenever you think you'll be available. I'm usually free in the afternoon/night CDT, but things come up out of nowhere x.x

Finally got my shiny Eevee, woo! Will go about evolving it into Umbreon soon and then figure out what I want to do next lol. I stopped checking most male IVs, so no extra 6IV males, and no females either x.x I do have all 5IV spreads on both male and female though if anyone's interested in some. Will probably be releasing them in the next day or so lol.
What's the nature? :O

Seil

What's the nature? :O

They're Calm, which of course isn't going to be desirable for most lol. The decision was made before it hit me that Foul Play wasn't an option here lol(and I already hatched a 6IV female by then so decided screw it). Hoping ORAS will fix that.

They're also in luxury balls and know Wish. Standard abilities(Run Away/Adaptability).

Edit: Oh, also still have 4 Deino in luxury balls with Earth Power but that's really their only value lol. Gonna be getting rid of these soon too.

M Gentle X/31/31/31/X/31
M Lonely X/31/X/31/X/31
M Hardy X/31/X/X/X/31
F Serious no 31s (caught and transported from White)

They're Calm, which of course isn't going to be desirable for most lol. The decision was made before it hit me that Foul Play wasn't an option here lol(and I already hatched a 6IV female by then so decided screw it). Hoping ORAS will fix that.

They're also in luxury balls and know Wish. Standard abilities(Run Away/Adaptability).
lol, that nature is exactly what I need. I'm willing to take a few off your hands.

EDIT: To be specific, I'm making an Eevee Friendly team. It's going to be special-oriented so the nature is worth testing on certain Eeveelutions.

Seil

lol, that nature is exactly what I need. I'm willing to take a few off your hands.

EDIT: To be specific, I'm making an Eevee Friendly team. It's going to be special-oriented so the nature is worth testing on certain Eeveelutions.

Well, I'm your guy then lol. Which ones would you like? I've got multiple males of every 5 31IV spread and at least one female of each.

FC is 2878-9608-8408

lupinko

Gaf should I keep this movie Darkrai or continue SR for better IVs? My Y game is not finished yet so I don't have the IV guy and am relying on the psypoke iv calculator.

This is a 3 IV timid Darkrai.

At the highest 9/31/19/31/27/31.

Keep or redo?

Edit: I tossed it, 4 iv or bust.

Wichu

Gaf should I keep this movie Darkrai or continue SR for better IVs? My Y game is not finished yet so I don't have the IV guy and am relying on the psypoke iv calculator.

This is a 3 IV timid Darkrai.

At the highest 9/31/19/31/27/31.

That's only 2IV - the Attack stat shouldn't count. You made the right decision :)

lupinko

That's only 2IV - the Attack stat shouldn't count. You made the right decision :)

Thanks! Speaking of lucky the Pokebank Celebi I got for my Y game was bold and 3IV for Def, SpA and Spd.

I'm having a lot of fun using that in the game with a Naive Oshawott, Adamant Chespin and Adamant Charmander, all three already in their second forms and a multi scale bold Lugia and an impish Regenerator Hooh.

I want to get the bike at least so it's easier to hatch eggs between both X and Y but the movie is out next month so I should get to the IV dude soon or something for Diancie! :x

Oh right I'm going to be breeding adamant shell armour turtwigs with egg moves, so just throwing that out there.

After getting it alongside X at launch, I finally finished Y today. In X I used the Exp. Share for a few random sections of the game and breezed through it, so in Y I had it off the entire game aside from a bit of Victory Road grinding.

In terms of difficulty with the Exp. Share off, Y was actually slightly tougher for me than White 2's Challenge Mode. Despite battling every trainer I was constantly underleveled, and I reached the Elite Four with my team at 57-58 compared to the mid-high 60's in my X playthrough (I didn't even have it on too often). I never lost any battles, but I had a close call or two on occasion.

It pretty much reconfirms that the Exp. Share is easy mode in X/Y. While I still wouldn't call the game hard with the item off the whole time, I don't think the game comes anywhere close to being the easiest in the series (relatively speaking since none of the Pokemon games are that challenging normally).

On another note, I ended my playthrough by SRing Mewtwo and eventually got a decent one: Timid 31/x/15/31/13/31. I know the defenses are average, but any time I got one with better IVs in one defensive stat, the other would be close to 0. =p

Shizuka

I'm sorry for the dumb question, but I've stopped following news about the game after I finished it. Which pokemons have been distributed worldwide since the X/Y release?

I'm sorry for the dumb question, but I've stopped following news about the game after I finished it. Which pokemons have been distributed worldwide since the X/Y release?

Nah, it's not dumb.

Pretty much nothing.

Got Fancy Vivillon and Diancie to look forward to though!

lupinko

Does anyone have PokeBall Paris Vivillion? I'd accept a clone and I can offer my Japanese exclusive Pokemon Center and Corocoro events for cloning.

Korosenai

That other person sounds like me.

I like the "freedom" of team preview, but sometimes I spend way too long thinking things. Especially if you can only bring 3 or 4 of your Pokemon out in battle : (
Im pretty much to the point now where I just do a quick glimpse, see which of their pokemon will be the most annoying, if theyre using trick team, etc and pick my Pokemon. Usually takes me about 15 seconds.

lupinko

Can you clone lupinko? I can lend you the one Mother Green gave me

I don't know how, though i do have two 3ds. Typically I just ask others to do it since I lack the knowledge.

And yes I'm interested.

Darkrai not up for grabs because I haven't redeemed it yet. That's going to take some time and luck to get a competitive good IV Timid.

Edit: does using a synchronize pokemon as your first when redeeming an event from the Delivery Girl help with the RNG? I'd do it if it helps to get a Timid or Modest Darkrai.

Also which is better Timid or Modest? Does Darkrai need the speed boost really to body mofos?

Edit:
Is Paris Vivillion exclusive to France? I read on a google search that it's also coming to Japan? Or is that just random forum speculation?

Muku

Hm, not heard of the Pokeball Vivillon being distributed anywhere else thus far. Though if it was released here that would be amazing!

Also looking for the Pokeball Vivillon. Can be a clone, not a stickler on that for event Pokemon. Or if I could borrow one to clone, that would be amazing as well. Not sure what someone might be looking for in return, but let me know and I'll see what I can do.

lupinko

I have a Pokeball Vivillon I can spare, actually. But right now I'm busy trying to not snap this DS in half.

Oooh, I'm interested, and can you still rename the yveltal to its original name or swap with a new one? :D

Oh right here are my Japanese Event Pokes:

February PC Gift Scizor Lv25 Female Adamant Technician
February PC Gift Scizor Lv25 Male Adamant Technician
February PC Gift Gengar Lv25 Male Modest & Timid
PC BC Mega Gyarados Lv50 Female Jolly & Adamant
PC BC Mega Scizor Lv50 Male Jolly & Adamant
PC BC Mega Kangaskhan Lv50 Adamant & Jolly
PC BC Mega Gengar Lv50 Male Timid
PC BC Mega Gengar Lv50 Female Timid
PC BC Mega Tyranitar Lv50 Male Adamant
PC BC Mega Tyranitar Lv50 Female Jolly
PC BC Mega Mawile Lv50 Male Adamant
PC BC Mega Mawile Lv50 Female Jolly
Corocoro March Charizard Mega X Lv36 Male Adamant

macklelol

Hm, not heard of the Pokeball Vivillon being distributed anywhere else thus far. Though if it was released here that would be amazing!

Also looking for the Pokeball Vivillon. Can be a clone, not a stickler on that for event Pokemon. Or if I could borrow one to clone, that would be amazing as well. Not sure what someone might be looking for in return, but let me know and I'll see what I can do.

I can give you my Pokeball Vivillon to clone. I got it through Powersaves, though, if that matters.

Korosenai

Just got Pokemon Y happy to be joining PokemonGaf :)

Welcome! Just an fyi, i'm doing a giveaway if you want anything!

All Pokemon have 5 ivs... These are my spares from like, 3 months ago that I need to get rid of.

2x Impish immunity gligars
9x modest rotom
7x timid serene grace togepis with egg moves

rrc1594

Welcome! Just an fyi, i'm doing a giveaway if you want anything!

2x Impish immunity gligars
9x modest rotom
7x timid serene grace togepis with egg moves

Okay Thank you

lupinko

Ahhh, thank you for the offer, but I'll have to pass. Going for a clone of a legit one. :(

Yeah I'm on the same boat as Muku on that one.

Even tho the powersaves one is more or less the same thing.

Edit: Welcome any new players, and feel free to add me and I'll give you 5iv Pokemon with awesome egg moves for nothing in return really.

Just add my NA FC in my profile. And pm me your FC in return.

My ingame name is Black Mamba.

You are looking at Mawiles, Gibles, Starlys, Axews, Larvitars and other awesome mons.

I got a lot of 5IV Froakies with a Hasty Nature and egg moves, should I train one of them (I got one which is 31/0/31/31/31/31 with Protean), or try and go for a Timid one?

I got a lot of 5IV Froakies with a Hasty Nature and egg moves, should I train one of them (I got one which is 31/0/31/31/31/31 with Protean), or try and go for a Timid one?

Hasty sounds fun if you had some 6 IV ones. Otherwise, Timid is probably a bit safer. Either way, Froakie/Greninja is kind of fragile, so I'm not sure ^^

Also, special thanks to lupinko for hooking me up with the PC BC Mega Pokemon!

pcgya2.png

Now for the painstaking mission of collecting them all... uncloned. Dun dun dun!
I only have the Gyarados : P

lupinko

Hasty sounds fun if you had some 6 IV ones. Otherwise, Timid is probably a bit safer. Either way, Froakie/Greninja is kind of fragile, so I'm not sure ^^

Also, special thanks to lupinko for hooking me up with the PC BC Mega Pokemon!

pcgya2.png

Now for the painstaking mission of collecting them all... uncloned. Dun dun dun!
I only have the Gyarados : P

Thanks for the non-clone Electabuzz Event and VGC Shiny Mamoswine Event!

I'll get you the mega Tyranitar and Mawile when they show up again.

rrc1594

I haven't played a Pokemon game since Ruby, so all the info and statistics in the OT blew my mind. At the same time made me more excited to play the game. Question should I focus on that info after I beat the main story or quicker the better. Gaf has broken me I spent like 20 mins picking out my first Pokemon.

lupinko

I haven't played a Pokemon game since Ruby, so all the info and statistics in the OT blew my mind. At the same time made me more excited to play the game. Question should I focus on that info after I beat the main story or quicker the better. Gaf has broken me I spent like 20 mins picking out my first Pokemon.

I can give you awesome mons just for fun. And just enjoy the game first and then join the competitive metagame afterward.

CassSept

Yeah don't read too much into stats and breeding yet. There is an absolute ton of Pokemon in Kalos (450!), just choose the team based on your preference (well, maybe keep some type variety but it's not that necessary). Don't trouble yourself with metagame yet.

Yeah, just have fun playing the main story first. I only just now started getting into breeding the right type of Pokémon, I have an entire list I still need to go through.

Here's what I managed to breed so far:

Larvitar, Adamant nature, 31/31/31/X/31/31
Beldum, Adamant nature, 31/31/31/X/31/31

Still on my list:

Weavile, Adamant/Jolly
Gible: Adamant/Jolly
Cyndaquil: Modest
Froakie: Timid
Scyther: Adamant
Ampharos: Modest
Horsea: Modest/Timid
Bagon: Jolly/Adamant
Ghastly: Modest/Timid
Mudkip: Adamant
Fletchling: Jolly
Ralts: Calm/Modest (female)
Ralts: Jolly/Adamant (male)
Charmander: Timid/Modest/Naive
Deino: Modest
Houndour: Timid
Riolu: Mild
Trapinch: Adamant/Jolly
Electrike: Timid
Aron: Adamant
Totodile: Adamant/Jolly
Pikachu: Timid
Piplup: Calm
Dratini: Mild

All with 5 or 6 IV's. I have my work cut out for me.

If anyone has any of the above Pokémon with corresponding nature they wanna send over, lemme know. I've got a 6IV Ditto to breed with, so the natures are the bigger problem.

Just play for fun and try not to read too much. You can do everything else after finishing the game : P

Well, only thing you can't do--unless you restart your game--is reset for Xerneas/Yveltal with great stats. But it's not a massive deal for most.

Wanace

Well I finally got my complete living dex in Pokemon bank, minus the event legendaries.

If anyone has one they are willing to trade, I'd love you forever.

I really have nothing much to offer but if you want something decent I can try to get it for you. I have a 6 IV Garchomp and Salamence that I can breed if you like.

I guess I'll start in order for my search, so if you have Mew, that'd be awesome.

I do have a Jirachi and Celebi already. Jirachi is a gamestop event legendary from a long time ago, I randomly had it on my Pearl cart. Celebi is Pokemon bank version.

Yeah, just have fun playing the main story first. I only just now started getting into breeding the right type of Pokémon, I have an entire list I still need to go through.

Here's what I managed to breed so far:

Larvitar, Adamant nature, 31/31/31/X/31/31
Beldum, Adamant nature, 31/31/31/X/31/31

Still on my list:

Weavile, Adamant/Jolly

All with 5 or 6 IV's. I have my work cut out for me.

If anyone has any of the above Pokémon with corresponding nature they wanna send over, lemme know. I've got a 6IV Ditto to breed with, so the natures are the bigger problem.

I'm pretty sure I have both Jolly and Adamant Sneasel with 5IVs. Weavile was a staple in my ice gym.

I do have a Jirachi and Celebi already. Jirachi is a gamestop event legendary from a long time ago, I randomly had it on my Pearl cart. Celebi is Pokemon bank version.

Sorry, can't help, but nice! It'd be cool if I suddenly had an event legendary randomly on my game carts X D

However, I do have Poke Ball Vivillon clones for Muku and lupinko. These aren't Powersaved ones either, I think.

parisvivclone.png

If anybody wants to share them, feel free, but I can't clone so you'll need to do it.

KiraFA37

Sorry, can't help, but nice! It'd be cool if I suddenly had an event legendary randomly on my game carts X D

However, I do have Poke Ball Vivillon clones for Muku and lupinko. These aren't Powersaved ones either, I think.

parisvivclone.png

If anybody wants to share them, feel free, but I can't clone so you'll need to do it.

Want, but I can't clone :( .

Top Bottom