• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

one_kill

So I fought a Mega Venusaur for the first time...
and it sucks.

Worse yet, it was Mega Venusaur vs Mega Venusaur! I still won though.

I really need a special attacker in my team.

Edit: I'm currently fighting against a Mega Metwo X and it's amazing how it's rendered useless once Toxic starts going.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
So I fought a Mega Venusaur for the first time...
and it sucks.

Worse yet, it was Mega Venusaur vs Mega Venusaur! I still won though.

I really need a special attacker in my team.

Edit: I'm currently fighting against a Mega Metwo X and it's amazing how it's rendered useless once Toxic starts going.
dat S rank

L.O.R.D

finally , managed to change Shedinja's ability ti sturdy
man, battle institute is very hard

they always target him at first , and they always have 1 super effective move against him
even pansage

i used Gourgeist and Shedinja at first line
made Gourgeist use worry seed on Shedinja then switch to carbink
the problem here is when Gourgeist change the ability of Shedinja to insomnia , any attack here will kill him
protect will prevent Gourgeist's worry seed from landing on Shedinja
ans i used Focus Sash too

so after many retries of that method , i managed to do the first step
then switched to carbink ,then protect on Shedinja , then manged to do the ability switch

no , i am testing new method , is there anyway to made Gourgeist make worry seed the last one ?

Korosenai

Ok, so I changed my doubles team for the tenth time in like 3 days and now i'm finally happy. Time to train them now in game.

edit: Just played some more matches on Showdown.... literally only in Pokemon can you win 10 games in a row then lose about 10 games in a row lol

Quest1

Ok, so I changed my doubles team for the tenth time in like 3 days and now i'm finally happy. Time to train them now in game.

edit: Just played some more matches on Showdown.... literally only in Pokemon can you win 10 games in a row then lose about 10 games in a row lol

I feel you. When I was practicing for the GAF tourney thing, was at one point ranked in the top 100 on the VGC ladder. The. Went on a cold spell and fell off the board almost. It's good practice though and helps you see what pkmn cause you problems.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
So I'm currently training my Kangakhan. What's a good spread for it? I'm thinking of having Crunch, Power-Up Punch, Earthquake and Facade. Since I'm going to use Crunch instead of Sucker Punch, should I give it 252 in Speed? Or should I go for higher HP?

Wichu

So I'm currently training my Kangakhan. What's a good spread for it? I'm thinking of having Crunch, Power-Up Punch, Earthquake and Facade. Since I'm going to use Crunch instead of Sucker Punch, should I give it 252 in Speed? Or should I go for higher HP?

Go for Return instead of Facade - it's nearly 50% more powerful unless you're statused. There's not really much reason to have Crunch over Sucker Punch IMO.

I'd use 252 Attack/252 Speed regardless of whether you're using Sucker Punch. 100 Speed is pretty decent, and you want to be outrunning things to hit them with your other moves.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Go for Return instead of Facade - it's nearly 50% more powerful unless you're statused. There's not really much reason to have Crunch over Sucker Punch IMO.

I'd use 252 Attack/252 Speed regardless of whether you're using Sucker Punch. 100 Speed is pretty decent, and you want to be outrunning things to hit them with your other moves.

Facade would really come in handy if I get burned, though, since it bypasses the Attack drop.

Korosenai

I feel you. When I was practicing for the GAF tourney thing, was at one point ranked in the top 100 on the VGC ladder. The. Went on a cold spell and fell off the board almost. It's good practice though and helps you see what pkmn cause you problems.

It's pretty frustrating, because you win some games and think wow, this team is awesome. Then you proceed to get your ass kicked and it just makes you not even want to play.

Wichu

Facade would really come in handy if I get burned, though, since it bypasses the Attack drop.

True, but most things that are going to be burning Kangaskhan are Ghost-types which aren't hurt by Facade anyway.

Also, the power loss while you're not burned is very significant; for example, Return 2HKOes Machamp, while Facade only 3HKOes and thus leaves you open to getting Dynamic Punched in the face.

Firestorm

If anyone missed GAF Tournament sign-ups but wants to play, Nugget Bridge Major tournament signups are under way and use the same ruleset:
http://nuggetbridge.com/forums/topic/3897-nugget-bridge-major-3-signups-have-begun/

I really, really prefer having Sucker Punch for that priority. HP over Speed imo.

Also don't use Facade. Return will be more useful in more situations.

Quest1

It's pretty frustrating, because you win some games and think wow, this team is awesome. Then you proceed to get your ass kicked and it just makes you not even want to play.

Just try to remember what you're consistently losing to or how. And then find the work arounds. If you're gameplan doesn't work and you know it won't because of the pkmn your opponent brought, try and switch it up and do something that might not make sense, but works for the situation. That's the fun part to me. Trying to adapt. And sometimes we lose. RNG dictates that too haha. Don't let it discourage you.

MicH

Bred a perfect 31/x/31/31/31/31 AND a perfect 31/x/31/31/31/0 Bold Yamask in the very first and same batch. I love when this happens. It literally took 15 minutes to get and that was even with using a 0 Speed Ditto first

Korosenai

Just try to remember what you're consistently losing to or how. And then find the work arounds. If you're gameplan doesn't work and you know it won't because of the pkmn your opponent brought, try and switch it up and do something that might not make sense, but works for the situation. That's the fun part to me. Trying to adapt. And sometimes we lose. RNG dictates that too haha. Don't let it discourage you.

Good games on Showdown! Let's play again later in game.

Bred a perfect 31/x/31/31/31/31 AND a perfect 31/x/31/31/31/0 Bold Yamask in the very first and same batch. I love when this happens. It literally took 15 minutes to get and that was even with using a 0 Speed Ditto first

I bred 5IV Marowak, Ampharos and Exploud in less than 40 eggs(combined). I still need to find and personally thank whoever at game freak came up with the destiny knot mechanics.

L.O.R.D

yay

just got my master degree
Be1Yd0TIgAApXHU.jpg

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Wow, Sableye is a beast in Doubles. I can priority Will-o-wisp threats and Recover to heal up. I just took down a Mega Mewtwo Y at max health with a single Foul Play after it killed my Mega Kangaskhan. I can't take a single Moonblast from Mega Gardevoir, though. :(

Wow, Sableye is a beast in Doubles. I can priority Will-o-wisp threats and Recover to heal up. I just took down a Mega Mewtwo Y at max health with a single Foul Play after it killed my Mega Kangaskhan. I can't take a single Moonblast from Mega Gardevoir, though. :(
Sableye is a beast at everything! Any non-Fire physical attackers pretty much get wrecked by him. Lol.

MicH

Sableye is a beast. I love using him. Priority Taunt and Recover are awesome

I think I've finalized my Trick Room team. Currently have Porygon2, Reuniclus, Ferrothorn, Cofagrigus, Machamp and Marowak. I feel like breed a Gastrodon and/or Empoleon as extra members, too. This is the core, anyway. Gonna bring some revenge killers, too.

This is fun!

Trading my LV 70, Jolly nature, 5IV, EV trained Charizard with Charizardnite X stone.

I'm looking for a Lucarionite stone and (insert offer here)

PM me if interested.

Charizard X is the bees knees for competitive battles but I prefer Mega Lucario.

I also have a LV 65 5IV Timid EV Trained Volcarona for trade.

one_kill

Trading my LV 70, Jolly nature, 5IV, EV trained Charizard with Charizardnite X stone.

I'm looking for a Lucarionite stone and (insert offer here)

PM me if interested.

Charizard X is the bees knees for competitive battles but I prefer Mega Lucario.

I also have a LV 65 5IV Timid EV Trained Volcarona for trade.
Any more info on Volcarona? Nature, EV spread, etc.?

SeZMehK

Omg, I am finally done with today's cleaning of my bedroom. I've mentioned before that I have a child on the way. I was rearranging the room for the soon to arrive baby items. I am looking forward to seeing my little baby girl!. Tomorrow I've got more cleaning to do, until then pokemon time! :D I am still waiting on one person to finish trading with me for my rejects. I will now be wonder trading them all away.

MicH

Anyone here have any Machop breeding rejects? Looking for one with Bullet Punch, Knock Off and/or Ice Punch. I have some misc. stuff to trade

Omg, I am finally done with today's cleaning of my bedroom. I've mentioned before that I have a child on the way. I was rearranging the room for the soon to arrive baby items. I am looking forward to seeing my little baby girl!. Tomorrow I've got more cleaning to do, until then pokemon time! :D I am still waiting on one person to finish trading with me for my rejects. I will now be wonder trading them all away.
Congrats on getting a baby girl soon :D

SeZMehK

Anyone here have any Machop breeding rejects? Looking for one with Bullet Punch, Knock Off and/or Ice Punch. I have some misc. stuff to trade

Congrats on getting a baby girl soon :D

Thanks. The machop is on my list to breed eventually. Not sure when. Today, I was working on skarmory w/ stealth rock, brave bird and whirlwind.

Kirlia

Banned
I bred 5IV Marowak, Ampharos and Exploud in less than 40 eggs(combined). I still need to find and personally thank whoever at game freak came up with the destiny knot mechanics.

Definitely. And is it only in sixth gen that having an Everstone on a Pokemon with an ideal nature results in a 100% chance of having babies with that nature? In past generations, I know that holding an Everstone would increase the chance of having the same nature as the parent holding it, but I don't think it was a 100% rate until this gen...

And congrats to you, Sez! I hope the baby girl has a healthy birth!

SeZMehK

Congrats Sez!

Definitely. And is it only in sixth gen that having an Everstone on a Pokemon with an ideal nature results in a 100% chance of having babies with that nature? In past generations, I know that holding an Everstone would increase the chance of having the same nature as the parent holding it, but I don't think it was a 100% rate until this gen...

And congrats to you, Sez! I hope the baby girl has a healthy birth!

She better have good IVs.

No but seriously, congrats!

Thanks everyone. Time to WT for the next hour or so. Lol.

Edit: Anyone interested in skarmary w/ stealth rock, brave bird and whirlwind rejects? Of course, luxury balls. Lol

MicH

Thanks everyone. Time to WT for the next hour or so. Lol.

Edit: Anyone interested in skarmary w/ stealth rock, brave bird and whirlwind rejects? Of course, luxury balls. Lol
I'd like one, but my internet is completely borked right now, I have no idea why. Can't even load a Youtube video or even log into the PSS. Wut!

I have some 0 Speed Solosis, Cubone, Ferroseed w/ egg moves and Yamask to trade if you're interested in any of that

Top Bottom