• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

ugoo18

Does anyone have either any spare Moody Smeargles or a Smeargle Safari?

Thanks everyone. Time to WT for the next hour or so. Lol.

Edit: Anyone interested in skarmary w/ stealth rock, brave bird and whirlwind rejects? Of course, luxury balls. Lol

Could i get one of those as well?

My FC is 5026 - 4484 - 2541

IGN is Rahl

Nelo Ice

Banned
I can also clone some 6IV Jap Ditto's tomorrow if anyone still needs one?

Got a few other things I need to clone too!

Would not mind one if I could. I particularly need it for a friend and he said he'll give me a shiny honedge and maybe other goodies since he is a competitive player where I'm casual lol.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Should I even attempt trying to breed a perfect shiny Skarmory without the Masuda Method? I was thinking of soft resetting once I get a perfect one.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Crap, I just realised that when I accidentally took out Skarmory from the Day-Care, it deleted Brave Bird and Whirlwind. :/ I wasn't planning on using them, but in the next game, moves that can be passed down shouldn't be deleted.

macklelol

Crap, I just realised that when I accidentally took out Skarmory from the Day-Care, it deleted Brave Bird and Whirlwind. :/ I wasn't planning on using them, but in the next game, moves that can be passed down shouldn't be deleted.

You can relearn egg moves from the move relearner, so it's not really a big deal.

Also, egg moves will still pass down as long as you don't take out the parents at all, even if they get pushed off by level-up moves.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
You can't soft reset eggs (and even if you could, the IVs would also change).

Oh, I knew the IVs didn't change but I don't know why I thought the shiny value would.

What EV spread should I use on my Skarmory once I breed a perfect one? I'm thinking of having Roost, Stealth Rock, Autotomize and Steel Wing on it. Or should I replace Steel Wing with Whirlwind?

one_kill

Holy shit, just fought a dude who used Sticky Web and Knock Off. My team's ok with Sticky Web because four of them usually go second anyway. However, Knock Off is so fucking annoying.

I made a few mistakes, but I was able to stall long enough for him to realise that he was going to eventually lose. He gave up despite having three Pokemon left.

His tactic would've worked better if he had poison spikes or stealth rock. Fighting Mandibuzz was annoying. Toxic, Roost, Whirlwind, and Knock Off. I fortunately had my Gliscor which it couldn't do anything about.

I haven't really fought a Mandibuzz before so I was pretty surprised by how well it could stall. If Sticky Web wasn't in the field, I would've switched in my Azumarill. But I was concerned about Knock Off and Toxic so I played it safe... especially after he had poisoned my Porygon2 and knocked off its Eviolite, lol.

Ty one_kill for the lucky egg! :)
np dude :D

Oh, I knew the IVs didn't change but I don't know why I thought the shiny value would.

What EV spread should I use on my Skarmory once I breed a perfect one? I'm thinking of having Roost, Stealth Rock, Autotomize and Steel Wing on it. Or should I replace Steel Wing with Whirlwind?
Why do you want Automize? Toxic, Roost, Stealth Rock, Whirlwind. In terms of EV spread, maybe 252 HP, 80 Def, 176 SpD?

Wichu

I would go with Brave Bird instead of Steel Wing, and Whirlwind instead of Autotomize. Autotomize doesn't seem very useful, and Steel Wing's coverage and power is worse than Brave Bird's (you can Roost off the recoil anyway).

Toxic is an option instead of an attacking move, but then you auto-lose to Taunt.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Why do you want Automize?
I would go with Brave Bird instead of Steel Wing, and Whirlwind instead of Autotomize. Autotomize doesn't seem very useful, and Steel Wing's coverage and power is worse than Brave Bird's (you can Roost off the recoil anyway).

Toxic is an option instead of an attacking move, but then you auto-lose to Taunt.

I was thinking of getting my speed up with Autotomize, laying down a Stealth Rock and just Whirlwinding enemies.

one_kill

I was thinking of getting my speed up with Autotomize, laying down a Stealth Rock and just Whirlwinding enemies.
You won't be outrunning a lot of the sweepers, especially if they're scarfed. Skarmory is about physical defence, set up, and stall.

Whirlwind has negative priority, so you'll almost always go last when using it.
Oh wow, I didn't know this. This makes my previous match more confusing lol.

Top Bottom