• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Breeding Goomy right now. Just got a Lax 31/31/31/0/31/31 one. I guess it's IVs are perfect if I was going to use a Physical Goodra shame about the nature though.

Usobuko

Banned
To those that want Misdreavus, is it possible to postpone it to tomorrow as well. I have no luck hatching my 5IV Vullaby atm.

one_kill

So at my in laws, I decided to play a match while my wife and I were watching a movie. This guy had a fairly thought out team, but I took a strong lead early on. When my Mega Venusaur was putting his Pokemon asleep, he took a stalling position. He didn't do anything. He just let the counter run out and make the moves for him.

This is the second time today I've had to face that kind of tactic. "I'm not going to win, so I'm going to not do anything in the hopes you might quit."

Hmm, what Ability would you say is best for Accelgor?
For me, it would be Hydration.

Clefargle

Ok, do am I crazy or is the only way to do 6v6 singles by directly challenging someone from the PSS? Why the fuck would they leave out the original and proper format in battle and battle spot? I feel like Im taking crazy pills!

Dryk

Finally hatched a shiny Honedge. It doesn't take after its parents very well though, it only has 31 in Atk, Def and SpD. Narrowed HP down to 4-9 :|

Ok, do am I crazy or is the only way to do 6v6 singles by directly challenging someone from the PSS? Why the fuck would they leave out the original and proper format in battle and battle spot? I feel like Im taking crazy pills!
Gamefreak haven't liked 6v6 since directly after they invented it. It's just something you have to deal with, I know its hard.

one_kill

sure, add me

===========

anyone have one of those legendries ?

Darkrai , deoxys , melotta , the 4 sword of justice , genesect , kyurem , zekrom, reshiram
regis and regigias
What else do you need dude? I'll let you clone a couple.

Yeah it sucks. It's my favourite format too.

Alchemy

Honestly doubles is more fun, a lot more guys are viable in doubles. Plus Stealth Rock doesn't matter.

Doubles can be fun, but my biggest problem is its harder to deal with bad match ups in doubles. In 6v6 singles, you have more of a chance to play around bad match ups and mistakes. While I prefer singles, doubles is fairly interesting so I don't mind being forced into it.

I just wish GameFreak would have more options available for singles 6v6.

Boogiepop

Man, breeding HA sucks. I got a female with the HA and a ditto breeding, and I feel like I'm getting the HA at a rate of like 30% or something. I have the everstone on the mother and the Ditto has the destiny knot. What exactly are the breakdowns for passing HA, anyway?

JoeM86

The first Battle Competition for Pokémon X & Y has finally been revealed. The Test Competition, previously announced with the last Generation V one, will be running from February 21st to February 24th. Entrants are limited to players who participated in the 2013 Global Showdown competition for Black 2 & White 2, but there will be 10,000 further entries allowed from Friday 31st January 2014. Full details, including the type of battle and all restrictions will be revealed then, as well.

Also, the BW/XY PGL conversions are starting to roll out. Japan is done. Parts of Europe are done also.

GamerSoul

Whew, the first Chansey I found on a Friend Safari was carrying a Lucky Egg. I'm now forced to raise my guys because of the lack of PokeBank. lol.

mandiller

I caught a shiny Ferroseed in the friend safari. I was initially very excited but then learnt that there's no way to teach it stealth rock or any other cool moves. Did they really not include any useful move tutors in this game? Is it possible to trade it back to Black2/White2 using Pokemon Bank (when it gets released)?

If not it'll be shiny but rather useless :-/

JoeM86

I caught a shiny Ferroseed in the friend safari. I was initially very excited but then learnt that there's no way to teach it stealth rock or any other cool moves. Did they really not include any useful move tutors in this game? Is it possible to trade it back to Black2/White2 using Pokemon Bank (when it gets released)?

Nope, no tutors and no trade backs.

However, there should be a load of tutors in the next game.

Firestorm

They usually remove move tutors in new generation games to incentive players to buy the second iteration (Emerald/Platinum/BW2).

FSLink

Banned
Whew, the first Chansey I found on a Friend Safari was carrying a Lucky Egg. I'm now forced to raise my guys because of the lack of PokeBank. lol.

If you want to get more, just have a lead Pokemon with Compound eyes, with your 2nd Pokemon with Frisk + Thief. Makes it easier to get what you want.

one_kill

Heatran , Shaymin , Arceus , Tornadus, Thundurus and Landorus ,Celebi , Jirachi , Azelf ,Uxie, Mesprit
I'm kinda burnt out so I probably won't be playing any time soon, but I can lend you a few next time.

In the meantime, I think if you clone some of the legendaries you already have, you can easily snatch a couple more via GTS. Heatran and the three Lake guardians are pretty easy to get with the shiny Suicune or Palkia you've cloned before.

Shiny Mew is also attractive to some passersby who may offer you event legendaries like Arceus, Jirachi, Celebi, and Shaymin.

Also, some people here have cloned and handed out shiny Shaymin and Arceus so maybe you can get one from a cloner.

Pretty awesome thanks!
Actually, you don't need to have Thief. Chansey usually throws whatever it's holding with Bestow so long as the Pokemon you have out in the field isn't carrying an item.

I usually just lead with a Pokemon with Compound Eyes, then switch to a Pokemon with Frisk.

ugoo18

Getting really tired of shiny hatching -_-

3 shinies hatched for my current pokemon hunt all with the wrong ability only for the next 10+ normal pokemon to have the right ability -_-

Wichu

Hypothetical (?) situation:

my team: Tyranitar / Skarmory / Mandibuzz / Scizor / Talonflame / Gliscor
opponent's team: Chesnaught / Greninja / Goodra / Klefki / Talonflame / Aegislash

Tyranitar's just about been KOed by Greninja's Hydro Pump followed by Grass Knot. What's my best play now?

Tiamant

Hmm, what Ability would you say is best for Accelgor?

Mine has Hydration. Due to it's frailness, burn or poison aren't that bad, but paralysis completely shuts it down so if you manage to set up rain he can be back in action.

Sticky hold doesn't have much use and Unburden is kinda situational since there are very few things that can match Accelgor speed.

Man, breeding HA sucks. I got a female with the HA and a ditto breeding, and I feel like I'm getting the HA at a rate of like 30% or something. I have the everstone on the mother and the Ditto has the destiny knot. What exactly are the breakdowns for passing HA, anyway?

It's a 60% rate for the hidden ability to be passed down I think. I've been breeding 5IV slowpoke with the God Ditto and getting a lot of Hidden Ability children. Maybe just bad luck?

Out of curiosity, I flipped open my DS Lite to see the mons I gathered in White 2.

Holy shit, the DS Lite's screen is so tiny. Holy shit the DS's screen is so tiny. Holy shit, the Pokémon are so tiny. Holy shit.

How did I live like this, is the question.

MicH

Out of curiosity, I flipped open my DS Lite to see the mons I gathered in White 2.

Holy shit, the DS Lite's screen is so tiny. Holy shit the DS's screen is so tiny. Holy shit, the Pokémon are so tiny. Holy shit.

How did I live like this, is the question.
Also, using the D-Pad to control is slow and hurts my finger now :( Damn you circle pad!

Also you should totally get a DSi XL just for DS games

SeZMehK

Mine has Hydration. Due to it's frailness, burn or poison aren't that bad, but paralysis completely shuts it down so if you manage to set up rain he can be back in action.

Sticky hold doesn't have much use and Unburden is kinda situational since there are very few things that can match Accelgor speed.

What was your build for accelgor since now that I have a Luxury HA shelmet, I'll breed my own. Lol.

Boogiepop

It's a 60% rate for the hidden ability to be passed down I think. I've been breeding 5IV slowpoke with the God Ditto and getting a lot of Hidden Ability children. Maybe just bad luck?

Maybe. I guess I'll dive back into it and hope I don't get screwed. The bigger problem is probably still that I'm breeding for TR, so I'm mixing 31 and 0 speed. I've said it before, but they really, really need a way to differentiate those through marking next time around. Like the ability to put a red mark in addition to the normal black or something. It would also be great if someone had a zero speed variant of the god ditto, but I guess I'm not going to get that lucky...

Mostly I just need to finish breeding TR stuff so I can be happy with 31 speed again like a normal person.

Top Bottom