• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Tiamant

What was your build for accelgor since now that I have a Luxury HA shelmet, I'll breed my own. Lol.

Timid, 252 spe, 252 sp at., 4 sp def.

Bug Buzz
Giga Drain
Me First
Spikes

Spikes can be changed for things like Sludge bomb, Yawn, Guard Swap, Focus blast...
Me first requires prediction, but if you do it right things like Draco Meteoring a Noivern can (and will) happen.

Finally be careful, Accelgor has some useful pre-evo only moves so only evolve it when you are completely sure.

SeZMehK

Timid, 252 spe, 252 sp at., 4 sp def.

Bug Buzz
Giga Drain
Me First
Spikes

Spikes can be changed for things like Sludge bomb, Yawn, Guard Swap, Focus blast...
Me first requires prediction, but if you do it right things like Draco Meteoring a Noivern can (and will) happen.

Finally be careful, Accelgor has some useful pre-evo only moves so only evolve it when you are completely sure.

I loved the tag team we had yesterday. :D Hopefully the RNG gods smile upon me and I get a shiny one. I still haven't got a shiny golett. Wish I wasn't at work so I can hatch more eggs. Lol.

Dandalf

Neo Member
Ugh.

625 eggs into an attempt at a Masuda Method shiny Hawlucha and nothing to show for it yet.

I'd hoped with the reduced shiny odds it'd be a bit quicker, but it seems I'm in for another long haul with MM shinies in X and Y until I can get the shiny charm.

Damn Bank...

Son Of D

Need a little help with building a team. As well as some EV and item suggestions. So far I have:

Growlithe (Planning to evolve into Arcanine)
Jolly
Intimidate
31/31/x/31/31/31
Close Combat is learned as an egg move

Scyther (Planning to evolve into a Scizor)
Adamant
Technician
31/31/31/31/x/31

I'm thinking about a Florges to get with these two, as well as an Aggron. If I go with Aggron I'm torn between Mega Scizor or Mega Aggron. It definitely could do with some Special Attackers.

Korosenai

Need a little help with building a team. As well as some EV and item suggestions. So far I have:

Growlithe (Planning to evolve into Arcanine)
Jolly
Intimidate
31/31/x/31/31/31
Close Combat is learned as an egg move

Scyther (Planning to evolve into a Scizor)
Adamant
Technician
31/31/31/31/x/31

I'm thinking about a Florges to get with these two, as well as an Aggron. If I go with Aggron I'm torn between Mega Scizor or Mega Aggron. It definitely could do with some Special Attackers.
Aggron is really only good if it goes mega, so if youre planning on using Mega Scizor you probably shouldn't worry about Mega Aggron.

Delio

Well my power ranger team is going okay so far. Having to play around not having certain HA tho which sucks but eh I can deal.

Quest1

*continues to complain to gaf about my shiny golett.*
What are everyone's current breeding projects?

Took an unusually long time compared to other breeding projects with Ditto the God, but finally got both my machops out, singles and doubles. I wanted to use the doubles one for the nugget bridge tourney but I don't think I'm gonna finish training it by tonight (unless I super scam it up at work haha).

Sigmaah

Best iv calc? Just bred shiny gligar with Agilty/baton pass and it's x/31/31/31/31/31... Got the right ability but FUCK I NEED MY HP!!! I must know what it is!!!

I got it on my 3rd egg, first batch! YAY!

Wichu

I was literally typing this post up to complain about not getting a shiny Espurr yet, when I hatched a shiny Espurr.

Complaining to GAF works. I will never doubt again.

Boogiepop

Any chance anyone would be willing to do a quick trade-trade-back so I can evolve my Phantump?

Anyone?

Also, I just tried the balloon popping attraction thing for the first time and... holy crap, I think this may be the most poorly design thing attached to a mainline game yet. I mean, the Dream World minigames weren't good, but they were a hell of a lot better than this. The entirety of the "game" seems to be trying to figure out how the scoring works, and I still don't know. Serebii seems to claim small and fast is what to go for, but that's giving me as many 2s as it is 10s and I absolutely cannot tell the difference. Just straight up terrible, yuck.

RoySFNR

Anyone?

Also, I just tried the balloon popping attraction thing for the first time and... holy crap, I think this may be the most poorly design thing attached to a mainline game yet. I mean, the Dream World minigames weren't good, but they were a hell of a lot better than this. The entirety of the "game" seems to be trying to figure out how the scoring works, and I still don't know. Serebii seems to claim small and fast is what to go for, but that's giving me as many 2s as it is 10s and I absolutely cannot tell the difference. Just straight up terrible, yuck.

I've got some spare time if you still need the trade back thing. FC is in my profile :)

Anyone?

I'll trade you. Are we friends yet?

EDIT: Greninja'd.

KiraFA37

Anyone?

The scoring is a lie. A guy on gamefaq (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/68339429) digged in the code and saw that the score was randomly generated. Frankly my experiences agree, you just receive an item at the end and hope it is the one you want.

Wichu

My shiny Aegislash has >6 DEF IVs. I know your pain.

My shiny Chespin had 31/0/31/x/31/31, and no hidden ability. Beat that :p

Instacheck came out right after, so I got a perfect one that way

My shiny Delphox randomed 5 Sp. Def, which is annoying... but my shiny Chimchar's random 31 Attack makes up for that.

ugoo18

Was thinking of breeding a Sheer force Nidonking to possibly replace Greninja but i can't decide whether my protean Greninja or a sheer force Nidoking would be more useful in the long run. Both running a similar movepool covering bug, water, ice and in Greninja's case Grass Knot vs Thunderbolt for Nidoking.

EDIT: Rather than a Bug move on Nidoking, i'd instead have a fighting move.

macklelol

Was thinking of breeding a Sheer force Nidonking to possibly replace Greninja but i can't decide whether my protean Greninja or a sheer force Nidoking would be more useful in the long run. Both running a similar movepool covering bug, water, ice and in Greninja's case Grass Knot vs Thunderbolt for Nidoking.

Greninja is faster and its attacks hit a bit harder than Nidoking's non-STAB attacks, but Nidoking has better coverage and is a bit bulkier. Are you not planning to use Nidoking's STAB attacks?

ugoo18

Greninja is faster and its attacks hit a bit harder than Nidoking's non-STAB attacks, but Nidoking has better coverage and is a bit bulkier. Are you not planning to use Nidoking's STAB attacks?

What are Nidoking's STAB attacks?

Greninja + A Life Orb hits harder than Sheer Force Nidoking + A Life orb?

macklelol

Nidoking is Posion/Ground type, so a special attacker Nidoking can use Earth Power and Sludge Bomb/Wave, and a physical Nidoking can use Earthquake and Poison Jab.

Greninja has a higher special attack stat and gets STAB on every attack, so most of Greninja's attacks will do more damage than Nidoking's coverage attacks. Nidoking's STAB attacks hurts, though.

Yeah. Greninja has base 103 Sp. Attack over Nidoking's 85. Life Orb + Protean (BP*1.3*1.5) also provides a larger boost than Life Orb + Sheer Force without STAB (BP*1.3*1.3).

Tiamant

Was it sehzmehk who used a Nidoqueen on multibattles last night? That thing hit hard and surprisingly fast, now I'm interested in the nido family.

Boogiepop

The scoring is a lie. A guy on gamefaq (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/68339429) digged in the code and saw that the score was randomly generated. Frankly my experiences agree, you just receive an item at the end and hope it is the one you want.

Jesus. That's atrocious. The crazy thing is they even had plenty of time for the damn thing, since it took a while before it popped up. How did this even happen?

L.O.R.D

found this two photo in reddit

http://imgur.com/r/pokemon/aaioNJM
aaioNJM.jpg

http://imgur.com/HAjXSPE
HAjXSPE.jpg

i hope some one add this at the OP

Boogiepop

Man, I just really want bank already. Full access to my legendaries and whatnot, extra storage space so I can breed more freely, and the drive to finally complete my dex... I need it!

I don't collect Mewtwo so I don't know about its worth, but Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde are easy to get on the GTS.

Mewtwo are real easy to come by on the GTS, and I guess statistics work in its favor: There is always going to be 1 Mewtwo in each X/Y game cart. In comparison, Xerneas only exists in X and Yveltal only exists on Y. Zygarde is similar to Mewtwo in that respect, so that's why I lumped it together with Mewtwo.

Still, I think we can agree that the Kalos legendaries are easier to snatch than the other regions at least.

one_kill

What's good (non-legendary) GTS bait now that Bank is out (in Japan), anyway?
What are you after?

Mewtwo are real easy to come by on the GTS, and I guess statistics work in its favor: There is always going to be 1 Mewtwo in each X/Y game cart. In comparison, Xerneas only exists in X and Yveltal only exists on Y. Zygarde is similar to Mewtwo in that respect, so that's why I lumped it together with Mewtwo.

Still, I think we can agree that the Kalos legendaries are easier to snatch than the other regions at least.
The way I seee it, most people hold on to their Mewtwo because it competitive. Mewtwo also has an exclusive mega stone unlike Xerneas and Yveltal.
But yeah, Kalos legendaries are easy to get.

Really? I thought Mewtwo was among the uber elite.

btw do you still want that Cubone? I'm online now.

Not at all, I mean a few of us managed to fill up a box filled with Mewtwo lol.

You still remember that? ;___; Aw shucks. I'm not ready now, I'm still at work. Will you still be around in 30 minutes?

Top Bottom