• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Boogiepop

What are you after?

Nothing in particular right now, though I eventually want to make myself a Japanese language dex, so being able to get the legendaries without needing to give up any in exchange would be nice (+now that I'm thinking about I believe I actually did fill in my living Japanese dex of the new X/Y Pokemon outside of the legendaries and Phantump/Pumpkaboo, because screw them and their uncancelable evolutions.)

Tiamant

Not at all, I mean a few of us managed to fill up a box filled with Mewtwo lol.

You still remember that? ;___; Aw shucks. I'm not ready now, I'm still at work. Will you still be around in 30 minutes?

Yeah sure, I'll be around here ;)

Ah, that picture represents rarity not power, now I get it!

SeZMehK

Well I am home from work but work came home with me... >.<

I hope that I can get lucky to get a shiny golett since I've had no luck so far. Damn you RNG Gods!

macklelol

Nothing in particular right now, though I eventually want to make myself a Japanese language dex, so being able to get the legendaries without needing to give up any in exchange would be nice (+now that I'm thinking about I believe I actually did fill in my living Japanese dex of the new X/Y Pokemon outside of the legendaries and Phantump/Pumpkaboo, because screw them and their uncancelable evolutions.)

???

Everstone prevents them from evolving, I know this first-hand.

one_kill

A lot of the bank legendaries out now are mostly Japanese, but some are Korean. There are a couple of English ones too. From what I've been reading, they're getting harder to get.

I chain traded to get a number of bank legendaries, but I'm not sure if my method still holds up. People are saying Porygon-Z is where it's at right now. So maybe...

1. Breed Elgyem, Darumaka, or Baltoy
2. Trade for Rhyperior
3. Trade for Milotic
4. Trade for a legendary bird
5. Trade for a Swords of Justice (-Keldeo)
6. Trade for Porygon-Z

I'm not sure if it'll work. I've stopped refining my method after I completed the dex.

Should I even bother with any speed evs for gliscor? Or just straight 252 sp.d?
It depends, but my Gliscor's been doing great without any speed investment. Also, why SpD?

Boogiepop

???

Everstone prevents them from evolving, I know this first-hand.

It doesn't through GTS, and I'm pretty sure online in general from last time I checked.

Edit: In fact, if I remember correctly the only method, at least online, was to trade it as an egg, and it would keep its region. But I never got around to getting help with that, unfortunately.

macklelol

I've gotten hit by it before. I think it's meant to be an anti-trolling measure to stop people from going "lol, bet you thought this would evolve." But I've definitely had it happen to me before. :(

Edit: A collaborating source.

I suppose GTS and Wonder Trades are an exception. Trading a Pumpkaboo/Phantump with an Everstone through a regular trade will prevent the evolution, though.

ugoo18

Elygem still has some pulling power, a friend of mine was able to trade an Elgyem for a Shiny 6IV Unown. Most likely cloned but still surprised it was able to get that.

Sigmaah

It depends, but my Gliscor's been doing great without any speed investment. Also, why SpD?

Gonna use gliscor for agility/baton pass so I wanna be able to keep him in for at least a couple hits so I can get them agilitys in. His def is already good so I don't think it needs much investment anyway. Might be wrong tho!

aaioNJM.jpg

Every time I see Giratina I can't help but think it's the dumbest looking legendary, if not Pokemon - at least its "Altered Forme." Picturing it scampering towards you with those 6 caterpillar legs is the least threatening image I can think of.

Korosenai

Was thinking of breeding a Sheer force Nidonking to possibly replace Greninja but i can't decide whether my protean Greninja or a sheer force Nidoking would be more useful in the long run. Both running a similar movepool covering bug, water, ice and in Greninja's case Grass Knot vs Thunderbolt for Nidoking.

EDIT: Rather than a Bug move on Nidoking, i'd instead have a fighting move.

Greninja is probably better than Nidoking. It's faster and Protean is just too good of an ability.

Nidoking is only guaranteed a OHKO with Thunderbolt against Greninja, and that's if it can somehow pull off its attack first... which most Greninja's who are leads use focus sash.

RoySFNR

Is there any way to get rid of eggs faster than hatching them? I keep messing up and end up with a lot of eggs that have useless pokemon in them. Breeding while being tired really limits the amount of space in the boxes haha.

macklelol

Is there any way to get rid of eggs faster than hatching them? I keep messing up and end up with a lot of eggs that have useless pokemon in them. Breeding while being tired really limits the amount of space in the boxes haha.

You're just gonna have to hatch them all.

Boogiepop

Damn you rain! It just doesn't want me to EV train attack ever. I tried going to route 14, and it was raining. Then I went to 19 instead and fought one battle before the rain moved there. Now I'm back in 14 to finish up. Still, damn you rain!

MicH

Every time I see Giratina I can't help but think it's the dumbest looking legendary, if not Pokemon - at least its "Altered Forme." Picturing it scampering towards you with those 6 caterpillar legs is the least threatening image I can think of.
The Altered Forme looks all kinds of stupid. I really don't like it either

Zantar

Neo Member
Damn you rain! It just doesn't want me to EV train attack ever. I tried going to route 14, and it was raining. Then I went to 19 instead and fought one battle before the rain moved there. Now I'm back in 14 to finish up. Still, damn you rain!

You can also train attack in route 5 with scraggy hordes. It's a bit annoying because gulpin come up just as often, but it's better than nothing haha

Just curious, when it comes to singles, does everyone here follow Smogon rules? If they do ban Mega Lucario (which is looking pretty likely, sigh) I'll probably end up raising a Mawile as a replacement. -_-

one_kill

Just curious, when it comes to singles, does everyone here follow Smogon rules? If they do ban Mega Lucario (which is looking pretty likely, sigh) I'll probably end up raising a Mawile as a replacement. -_-
I don't follow Smogon rules and I don't think many people here care.

Btw, why is it likely that Mega Lucario will get banned?

Nekki

I don't know why I've come up with this question just now, but.. I'm breeding Sneasel. Both parents have 5 IV, different spread (one lacks attack, the other SpD). Is this right, or should both parents have the same IV's??

Also do I want a Sneasel with 6 IV? lol

Boogiepop

Huh, Mega Lucario is on the verge of ban? Interesting, I guess. And I'm sure you could find some people here who don't care about Smogon rules.

Seriously though, get into doubles because that's where it's at. I tried it seriously for the first time in B/W and I haven't looked back since.

backlot

I don't know why I've come up with this question just now, but.. I'm breeding Sneasel. Both parents have 5 IV, different spread (one lacks attack, the other SpD). Is this right, or should both parents have the same IV's??

Sneasel will never use Special Attack so there's no real benefit to having a 6 IV one.

I was just double checking. The last time I battled online prior to this gen was generation 4, where people would disconnect if you used evasion or "banned Pokemon" and the general understanding was that 6 v 6 was "Smogon rules". I was just wondering if that was still holding up today.

There's a lot of posts here about how Mega Lucario is too strong, unpredictable (you don't know if it's a physical or special sweeper or mixed until it's too late) and yadda yadda yadda. Truthfully, I'm surprised people have that much of a problem with it. I thought Blaziken, Gengar and Kanga would be the end of it. I wonder who will be the next target. -_-

http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...-michael-jackson-extreme-speed-demon.3498655/

Huh, Mega Lucario is on the verge of ban? Interesting, I guess. And I'm sure you could find some people here who don't care about Smogon rules.

Seriously though, get into doubles because that's where it's at. I tried it seriously for the first time in B/W and I haven't looked back since.

I would like to consider it, but I'm the type of person who likes to use my favourites--who are unfortunately mostly glass cannons. If I could find a way to make them work in doubles I'd be pretty happy, but I just can't see how it would work out. :/

one_kill

One is holding a Destiny Knot right?

IVs are randoms. If you have a 6IV parent and another 6IV parent, you're likely (I don't want to say guaranteed since I don't know) to get a 5IV mon. As for the spread, it's random.

6IV doesn't really matter in most cases. Just as long as you get perfect IVs in the stats you want, that's fine. HP, Def, and SpD should generally be perfect. Attack/Sp Attack is give or take. Speed should be perfect unless you're going for a Trick Room team.

I was just double checking. The last time I battled online prior to this gen was generation 4, where people would disconnect if you used evasion or "banned Pokemon" and the general understanding was that 6 v 6 was "Smogon rules". I was just wondering if that was still holding up today.

There's a lot of posts here about how Mega Lucario is too strong, unpredictable (you don't know if it's a physical or special sweeper or mixed until it's too late) and yadda yadda yadda. Truthfully, I'm surprised people have that much of a problem with it. I thought Blaziken, Gengar and Kanga would be the end of it. I wonder who will be the next target. -_-

http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...-michael-jackson-extreme-speed-demon.3498655/
I assume most people here don't use legendaries... well, not competitively anyway. I use Landorus since it's not banned from Battle Maison.

And Mega Lucario possibily getting banned is surprising. A number of Pokemon in the OU counter it and it dies in one hit most of the time.

I'm OK with Mega Blaziken being banned, but I've had no problems with it. Mega Kangaskhan should be banned because it sucks!

Nekki

Sneasel will never use Special Attack so there's no real benefit to having a 6 IV one.

One is holding a Destiny Knot right?

IVs are randoms. If you have a 6IV parent and another 6IV parent, you're likely (I don't want to say guaranteed since I don't know) to get a 5IV mon. As for the spread, it's random.

6IV doesn't really matter in most cases. Just as long as you get perfect IVs in the stats you want, that's fine. HP, Def, and SpD should generally be perfect. Attack/Sp Attack is give or take. Speed should be perfect unless you're going for a Trick Room team.

I figured as much. Thanks guys, I was getting tired of this D: And yes, they hold Destiny Knot.

Boogiepop

Well, that felt good. Just beat a random dude online who loaded up with legendary pokemon with my TR team... in which I had forgotten the training step of giving my latest setter its TMs. I was crippled and I still plowed through him! Ah, the difference halfway decent training makes.

Wichu

Woo, got a shiny Mew from a random passerby! Too bad it's an obvious hack, but dex data is dex data :p

At least I have something to offer when people show me random event Pokémon.

Boogiepop

Oh yeah, I've also come to grips with that stupid balloon game. It's incredibly poorly made, but it's essentially just a random lotto for your pokemiles that gives out evolution items. So that's fine by me. But it's still really poorly done.

Edit: Oh, and I just fought a dude using a shiny Meowstic, and that thing has a nice golden shine about it. I like it!

Wichu

Oh yeah, I've also come to grips with that stupid balloon game. It's incredibly poorly made, but it's essentially just a random lotto for your pokemiles that gives out evolution items. So that's fine by me. But it's still really poorly done.

Edit: Oh, and I just fought a dude using a shiny Meowstic, and that thing has a nice golden shine about it. I like it!

Yeah, shiny Meowstic looks awesome. I just got a shiny Espurr, but I want one with the hidden ability, so I'm still breeding them :p

Top Bottom