• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Quest1

Just had a hell of a first match against my opponent at Nugget Bridge. Came down to the last two turns and I made two perfect freaking plays. I'm hyped. Glad I ended up taking the game, too

GamerSoul

What Pokemon are you using?

I'm doing singles. so 3v3.
I'm choosing from
Pumpkaboo defensive wall, Stoutland, Blaziken, Greninja lol. That's all I have really raised other than Masquerain at this point.

I definitely have some weakness too. damn lol. And it's showing against the better players now. A Speed boost team is just no fair. the guy had Yanmega with detect, Scolipede, Blaziken, Ninjask.

Sigmaah

Holy crap dude. How do you have so many perfect shiny Pokémon?!?

Bang Bang Nigga (95% are perfect shiny)
http://imgur.com/JUYhT4P
http://imgur.com/Dq1TRQ9
http://imgur.com/TWsjzXq
http://imgur.com/vypxykg

All from being able to clone :D

Is the O m e g a Arceus 6IV?

Just checked and it only has speed iv lmao.

Sweet lordy lord...I'm okay with the one named O m e g a. Are all three of them called that?

And you have a perfect...shiny...Phantump. Good lord. But yeah, sure, we can trade. Much gratitude. I at least want to attach good stones to the Pokemon I trade you, so let me do that. Are we registered on each other's 3DSes?

Ya we are registered, you're Aimee right? You don't have to give me your stones, just happy to give out mons I don't need :D

CrimsonN0

I'm choosing from
Pumpkaboo defensive wall, Stoutland, Blaziken, Greninja lol. That's all I have really raised other than Masquerain at this point.

I definitely have some weakness too. damn lol. And it's showing against the better players now. A Speed boost team is just no fair. the guy had Yanmega with detect, Scolipede, Blaziken, Ninjask.

Speed Boost can be trouble, but as long as you can survive one attack from them you can usually finish them off in turn.
Toxic stalling also works okay against some of them.
You could also get a Prankster pokemon with Thunder Wave.
One game I played my opponent Baton Passed Speed Boosts and a Sword's Dance to a Rhyperior, but I Paralyzed him a Body Slam - making it all useless.

Kirlia

Banned
Thanks so much, Sigmaah! I am very grateful!

Three down, gawd knows how many to go. But I will make it happen.
Bet right after I make it happen, Pokemon Bank comes out.

Sigmaah

I hate you. Seriously.
Not really.
Maybe...

: D

If you can clone or know someone who can, I can lend whatever mon you want and u can clone it yourself or get a buddy to clone it for you! All my mons are up for share!

Thanks so much, Sigmaah! I am very grateful!

Three down, gawd knows how many to go. But I will make it happen.
Bet right after I make it happen, Pokemon Bank comes out.

Anytime! What other legendaries you need? I got a bunch to spare!

one_kill

I'm choosing from

I think you need more bulkier Pokemon. Greninja and Blaziken are cool, but they're so fragile. I initially had Infernape in my main team, but decided to remove him for Gliscor who serves as a defensive wall, earthquake attacker, and toxic staller.

I'm not sure about Stoutland, but I think you could do better.

Also, I don't think your team would do well against stall so that's something to think about.

: D

If you can clone or know someone who can, I can lend whatever mon you want and u can clone it yourself or get a buddy to clone it for you! All my mons are up for share!

Anytime! What other legendaries you need? I got a bunch to spare!
Sigmaah, do you have any 6IV spare legendaries?

GamerSoul

Speed Boost can be trouble, but as long as you can survive one attack from them you can usually finish them off in turn.
Toxic stalling also works okay against some of them.
You could also get a Prankster pokemon with Thunder Wave.
One game I played my opponent Baton Passed Speed Boosts and a Sword's Dance to a Rhyperior, but I Paralyzed him a Body Slam - making it all useless.

heh nice. My Stoutland has Thunder Wave for now lol. He's not the fastest but he can take a hit so it may come in handy. I feel like I'm still missing something with my team combinations. I need to find something with decent sp. defense.

I think you need more bulkier Pokemon. Greninja and Blaziken are cool, but they're so fragile. I initially had Infernape in my main team, but decided to remove him for Gliscor who serves as a defensive wall, earthquake attacker, and toxic staller.

I'm not sure about Stoutland, but I think you could do better.

Also, I don't think your team would do well against stall so that's something to think about.

Yea you're right. Those two are pretty fragile and all it takes is that one matchup to decide if I lose or not. I'll train some more guys when I can. Stoutland is my boy so I'm not giving up on him just yet! lol

Thanks for the advice guys.

spiritfox

heh nice. My Stoutland has Thunder Wave for now lol. He's not the fastest but he can take a hit so it may come in handy. I feel like I'm still missing something with my team combinations. I need to find something with decent sp. defense.

Yea you're right. Those two are pretty fragile and all it takes is that one matchup to decide if I lose or not. I'll train some more guys when I can. Stoutland is my boy so I'm not giving up on him just yet! lol

Thanks for the advice guys.

Set up Trick Room and watch them become slower every turn.

Kirlia

Banned
Just got a Lucario in Wonder Trade named "superbowl." Weird. You think the owner would have seized the opportunity to flaunt their favorite team with something like "go seahawks" or "go broncos" but I guess they don't have a favorite/didn't think about that.

Also got a Flygon and a Darumaka earlier! Otherwise, not altogether eventful.

Soodanim

I'm slowly but surely working my way to a complete dex, but last night I looked at some of the evo stone and trade evo item locations on Serebii and it seems some (e.g. shiny, dusk, dawn, king's rock) are only available once or twice per game. I thought they had sorted it out this gen when they put in a stone shop, but only selling 3 stones there is weak. I have completed the game, let me buy whatever I want. Price them at 100k per stone if you like, just don't limit mW like this.

Or is serebii wrong?

one_kill

I'm slowly but surely working my way to a complete dex, but last night I looked at some of the evo stone and trade evo item locations on Serebii and it seems some (e.g. shiny, dusk, dawn, king's rock) are only available once or twice per game. I thought they had sorted it out this gen when they put in a stone shop, but only selling 3 stones there is weak. I have completed the game, let me buy whatever I want. Price them at 100k per stone if you like, just don't limit mW like this.

Or is serebii wrong?
Play the Balloon attraction here http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/
It's random, but it's a better way of getting evolution items including stones

Also the 100,000 stones are for mega evolutions. To get the price down, buy 99 premier balls one at a time at the shop where they sell different types of Pokeballs.

macklelol

Or is serebii wrong?

If you don't have PokeMiles for the shitty Balloon Popping game, you can do Secret Super Training to get evolution stones.

Soodanim

Thanks guys. I think I'll have to do the secret ST, as 3DS never goes anywhere to collect miles. At least there's a method or two.

I've done the mega evo stones thanks, what I meant is that they could set the rare stones at a ridiculous price if they wanted, because it would be nice just to have them there available to buy (and my le wow grinding as made me a rich man).

JoeM86

Ahead of the reveal of the data worldwide, and after its reveal yesterday, the official Korean site has seemingly inadvertently revealed the regulations for the upcoming Beta Competition WiFi tournament for Pokémon X & Y. It's possible that these regulations may change, but we'll have confirmation on Friday.

First, the battles are to be Double Battles and you can use any Pokémon in the National Pokédex, but you cannot use transferred Pokémon.
All Pokémon will be made to be Level 30 in the competition.
In addition to that, there's a new regulation included. In this competition, you can only have 20 battles per day, but if you participate in less than 20 in one day, you can make it up in another so if you make 15 battles in Day 1, then you can do 25 battles in Day 2.

After the competition, there will be a survey on how it was run, running from February 28th to March 7th. We'll bring full details, including confirmation of this, on Friday

http://pokemonkorea.co.kr/news/news_view.asp?IDX=10161&page=1&SrchString= is the link. My Korean isn't the best so if anyone can confirm, it'd be appreciated.

Muku

Well, it's pretty clear the Raikou I got on GTS is hacked. Took it to IV dude and he listed all off as decent. Okaaayy.. then he continues by saying how can you get by with... and lists all of them. How is that possible while hacking? To make it look it has all decent stats and all 0 stats?

Well, it's pretty clear the Raikou I got on GTS is hacked. Took it to IV dude and he listed all off as decent. Okaaayy.. then he continues by saying how can you get by with... and lists all of them. How is that possible while hacking? To make it look it has all decent stats and all 0 stats?

I think "decent" is the worst judgement he gives.

It probably was hacked to be awful (for trolling purposes).

Muku

I think "decent" is the worst judgement he makes.

It's probably was hacked to be awful, for trolling purposes most likely.

Guess it's not meant to be that way so it's not something they'd think about, in terms of something have all 0's, which by default they wouldn't.

I'm sure it was, but was pulled from Johto, so troller has had it a while. Or maybe I got it from someone who got trolled. Knew it'd be too good to be true. Fuuuu. Didn't mind he fact it already had Pokerus but ugh.

one_kill

Guess it's not meant to be that way so it's not something they'd think about, in terms of something have all 0's, which by default they wouldn't.

I'm sure it was, but was pulled from Johto, so troller has had it a while. Or maybe I got it from someone who got trolled. Knew it'd be too good to be true. Fuuuu. Didn't mind he fact it already had Pokerus but ugh.
Offer it for Entei
Then offer Entei for Raikou

That way you can keep swapping back and forth til you get a Raikou with good stats

Muku

Offer it for Entei
Then offer Entei for Raikou

That way you can keep swapping back and forth til you get a Raikou with good stats

Oh I'm going to toss him back up. Just waiting since I've got something else up at moment I want to get rid of too. I imagine the trading between dogs is pretty easy?

Spinluck

Holy shit. Just beat my friend (who's a cheap fucking bastard).

Had Gale Wing Talonflame, (Huge Power I assume) Azumarill, and fucking Mega Khan.

Beat him 3 straight times until I tried my other team on him, he then won 2 straight.

My first team had Poison Heal Gliscor, Eviolite Porygon 2 (freaking awesome), Garchomp, Spiritomb, Iron Fist Infernape, and a Weakness Policy Sigilyph.

Our first match, my Sigilyph swept his entire team, it was hilarious. Didn't see it coming. Second match, my Gliscor walled out like 3 of his Pokemon. His Magnezone in particular was annoying, but once I took him out it was a wrap (it knew HP Ice). He also had a Staraptor with Endeavor just to troll me.

My second team couldn't handle him. He did make an adjustment and threw in Frosglass (it knew Taunt and had that weird ability which would've fucked my first team up) who is a damn troll. Overall, I think if I had a stealth rocker, I would've won with that second team. I will post them here if anyone is interested.

I'm still very much so a competitive Pokemon noob. I wasn't quite done building the team I wanted, and threw it together last second just cause he was talking shit. Lol. Glad I won some though. Any suggestion for a good Stealth Rocker? I'm eyeing Mamoswine and Forretress. He has Ferroseed who I sure he'll use for Rapid Spin.

EDIT
The brutal mass murdering Sigilyph (fuck you Talonbitch)- MNPG-WWWW-WWW5-X9HR

The Great Wall of Gliscor (this one is pretty long lol)- P2SG-WWWW-WWW5-X9LT

Garstomped- 29LW-WWWW-WWW5-X9NX

I suck (At one point I mess up and accidentally forget to Mega Evolve Charizard lol)- 293G-WWWW-WWW5-X9Z2

What was I thinking- DWGW-WWWW-WWW5-X9ZJ

not the funnest battles to watch, but there are some lol's.

one_kill

Had Gale Wing Talonflame, (Huge Power I assume) Azumarill, and fucking Mega Khan.

Beat him 3 straight times until I tried my other team on him, he then won 2 straight.

My first team had Poison Heal Gliscor, Eviolite Porygon 2 (freaking awesome), Garchomp, Spiritomb, Iron Fist Infernape, and a Weakness Policy Sigilyph.

Our first match, my Sigilyph swept his entire team, it was hilarious. Didn't see it coming. Second match, my Gliscor walled out like 3 of his Pokemon. His Magnezone in particular was annoying, but once I took him out it was a wrap (it knew HP Ice). He also had a Staraptor with Endeavor just to troll me.

My second team couldn't handle him. He did make an adjustment and threw in Frosglass (it knew Taunt and had that weird ability which would've fucked my first team up) who is a damn troll. Overall, I think if I had a stealth rocker, I would've won with that second team. I will post them here if anyone is interested.

I'm still very much so a competitive Pokemon noob. I wasn't quite done building the team I wanted, and threw it together last second just cause he was talking shit. Lol. Glad I won some though. Any suggestion for a good Stealth Rocker? I'm eyeing Mamoswine and Forretress. He has Ferroseed who I sure he'll use for Rapid Spin.
Forretress is better imo, but both it and Mamoswine can die in one hit unless Focus Sash is held.

To be honest, I don't think Stealth Rock is particularly useful, but to each his/her own.

Quest1

Ahead of the reveal of the data worldwide, and after its reveal yesterday, the official Korean site has seemingly inadvertently revealed the regulations for the upcoming Beta Competition WiFi tournament for Pokémon X & Y. It's possible that these regulations may change, but we'll have confirmation on Friday.

First, the battles are to be Double Battles and you can use any Pokémon in the National Pokédex, but you cannot use transferred Pokémon.
All Pokémon will be made to be Level 30 in the competition.
In addition to that, there's a new regulation included. In this competition, you can only have 20 battles per day, but if you participate in less than 20 in one day, you can make it up in another so if you make 15 battles in Day 1, then you can do 25 battles in Day 2.

After the competition, there will be a survey on how it was run, running from February 28th to March 7th. We'll bring full details, including confirmation of this, on Friday

http://pokemonkorea.co.kr/news/news_view.asp?IDX=10161&page=1&SrchString= is the link. My Korean isn't the best so if anyone can confirm, it'd be appreciated.

Any word on how sign ups if you didn't participate in the last season are gonna work? I really wanna play in this.

And does anyone know the competitive implications of leveling down to 30, if any?

Spinluck

Forretress is better imo, but both it and Mamoswine can die in one hit unless Focus Sash is held.

To be honest, I don't think Stealth Rock is particularly useful, but to each his/her own.

It was for his Talonflame in particular. I can't think of much else that'll stop it.

pokeGAF did mention Tyranitar as a viable counter, so I think I'll just raise a good one.

one_kill

It was for his Talonflame in particular. I can't think of much else that'll stop it.

pokeGAF did mention Tyranitar as a viable counter, so I think I'll just raise a good one.
You can teach Garchomp Rock Slide or Stone Edge to hopefully OHKO Talonflame.

Gliscor's good too. It also has access to Stone Edge and Rock Slide. Even without EV investment, it can kill Talonflame in one or two hits.

JoeM86

Any word on how sign ups if you didn't participate in the last season are gonna work? I really wanna play in this.

And does anyone know the competitive implications of leveling down to 30, if any?

Apparently they're opening up registration for a limited amount on Friday.

Usobuko

Banned

The brutal mass murdering Sigilyph (fuck you Talonbitch)- MNPG-WWWW-WWW5-X9HR

So shameful, 11 turns and he did nothing. You might as well put other boosters like Curselax down there and the result will stay the same.

spiritfox

Oh Shiny!

UiHBWrF.jpg

Well screw you too, game.

edit:

Vulpix - #037 (Timid)
HP: 31
Att: 31
Def: 31
SpA: 31
SpD: 22 - 23
Speed: 31

Well it's ok I guess... But Drought would have been so much more useful.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
I got myself a 3ds and picked up X as my first pokemon game since yellow. :3 it's been a lot of fun!

is it normal to not run into many gym's early on? i have a team of roughly lvl 35-40 but i have only just gotten my third badge, have i been missing stuff? i vaguely remember being able to do some gym's out of order in the original series, but i have noticed block paths that require events for progression so I've been assuming that i wont see a gym until i find another blocked path...

also is there a pokemon that's really useful for dumping HM's on? like a flying/water type that can use strength or something.

one_kill

I got myself a 3ds and picked up X as my first pokemon game since yellow. :3 it's been a lot of fun!

is it normal to not run into many gym's early on? i have a team of roughly lvl 35-40 but i have only just gotten my third badge, have i been missing stuff? i vaguely remember being able to do some gym's out of order in the original series, but i have noticed block paths that require events for progression so I've been assuming that i wont see a gym until i find another blocked path...

also is there a pokemon that's really useful for dumping HM's on? like a flying/water type that can use strength or something.
The Pokemon games are linear so you'll be going through each gym in order.

With HM, I used Pangoro for Surf, Cut, and Strength, and Talonflame for Fly.

Bunnelby can learn Cut, Surf, Strength and Rock Smash and can be found with the Pickup ability. Don't give it an item to hold and it will randomly pick up and hold useful (especially early on) items for you.

Top Bottom