• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

I have evolved a number of them already as I can post them on the GTS and usually get any legendary within minutes. However, the females tend to sit. People want dem boys.
I think I'll try that. Going through the small amount of effort involved in making my Y copy generate Ocean Vivillon may have been worth it after all.

I've found that a lot more Pokémon are viable with Sticky Web support. It makes me really happy. Now if only Armaldo was usable at all ever... ;_;

Aw, man, I only have one Monsoon and Marine, and none of the others you listed...but I do have a spare Savannah Vivillion in a Poke Ball. Is that okay? Or I could breed you a Modern Vivillion with 4+ IVs.

If the Monsoon or Marine are in PokeBalls and called "Vivillon", would you mind if I cloned one for myself and then trade it back to you in trade for the Ocean(s)?

I think I'll try that. Going through the small amount of effort involved in making my Y copy generate Ocean Vivillon may have been worth it after all.

Totally worth it. They go so quick.

Shoot, Anorith is almost twice as fast as Armaldo! Maybe I'll just raise one of those freaking
adorable
things instead. I could totally make one work... right guys... guys? ( ._.)

Korosenai

I've found that a lot more Pokémon are viable with Sticky Web support. It makes me really happy. Now if only Armaldo was usable at all ever... ;_;

Armaldo is so cool too! I recently bred a perfect one with Aqua Jet.... Armaldo could be really good on a trick room team.

Muku

OH THANK THE RNG GODS!!! Day #16 and 5th egg of the day is shiny Ponyta! Finally, good grief.

Edit: Oh thank god 31/31/31/x/31/31 too. Perfect pony. On a side note though, if I got the HA and for some reason wanted to change to a non HA, would ability capsule work on that? I know it can swap from non to non, but wasn't sure about if it had a HA.

Quest1

Anyone wanna run some sets? Singles or doubles, hell even triples.

I'm thinking of coordinating a 64 or 32 man singles double elim tournament for GAF when the doubles one is over and the nugget bridge one slows down. Which could be a couple months from now tho haha. Would I even have enough interest?

Muku

Congrats! About time, it sounds like.

Thank you! Yeah.. after last nights count I was about 900 eggs. :(

EDIT: Okay, now I have almost a full box of 6IV Ponyta. I'm glad I got rid of a few before because it'd be a box+ otherwise. If anyone wants any, please let me know. Willing to take whatever you'd like to trade for it. Just need to find them homes.

All Adamant with egg moves: Low Kick, Double Kick, Flame Wheel, and Morning Sun.

Run Away
x5 Female
x3 Male

Flash Fire
x3 Female
x1 Male

Flame Body (HA)
x10 Female
x7 Male

Anyone wanna run some sets? Singles or doubles, hell even triples.

I'm thinking of coordinating a 64 or 32 man singles double elim tournament for GAF when the doubles one is over and the nugget bridge one slows down. Which could be a couple months from now tho haha. Would I even have enough interest?
Oh god, Double Elim. If you go with that format then you have a good chance of having trouble with the Losers bracket. :/

Quest1

Thank you! Yeah.. after last nights count I was about 900 eggs. :(

EDIT: Okay, now I have almost a full box of 6IV Ponyta. I'm glad I got rid of a few before because it'd be a box+ otherwise. If anyone wants any, please let me know. Willing to take whatever you'd like to trade for it. Just need to find them homes.

All Adamant with egg moves: Low Kick, Double Kick, Flame Wheel, and Morning Sun.

Run Away
x5 Female
x3 Male

Flash Fire
x3 Female
x1 Male

Flame Body (HA)
x10 Female
x7 Male

Flash fire female please?

@PreyingShark
Also, why do you say there's be trouble in losers? I've helped coordinate love fgc locals so I don't see any issues, unless there's something I'm not thinking of.

Boogiepop

Flash fire female please?

@PreyingShark
Also, why do you say there's be trouble in losers? I've helped coordinate love fgc locals so I don't see any issues, unless there's something I'm not thinking of.

I'd say just make sure you make it super, incredibly clear up front that it's double elimination. The tournament before the current one on GAF had a serious issue with people disappearing and never responding once they were in the loser's bracket.

Kirlia, would you like/need the purple Elegant back?

Man, I wish I could breed my own Monsoon
or Pokéball
Vivillon... sometimes regional differences are awful. *Pout*

I don't think we'll see the rumored/leaked
Pokeball
Vivillon for quite a while, if ever. Shame, too. That and the
flower garden looking
one are quite nice.

Dandalf

Neo Member
Woot! The hard (boring) work paid off!

After 982 eggs, I hatched a shiny Hawlucha!!

ifeMIgb.jpg

His IV's are 31/31/31/31/31/x - which kind of sucks, and I'll need to use an Ability Capsule on him, but I was thrilled to finally see his purple wings!

Muku

ifeMIgb.jpg

His IV's are 31/31/31/31/31/x - which kind of sucks, and I'll need to use an Ability Capsule on him, but I was thrilled to finally see his purple wings!

Congrats man! Know that feeling. Had to take a double look at my shiny earlier, LOL.

Kirlia

Banned
Against my better judgment, I am breeding Phantump again in order to get a shiny. This time, the 6IV JP Imposter Ditto is in play with my 5IV Harvest Phantump. Wish me luck, friends. I will probably need it very badly.

So I go looking for a floette in friend safari so I can start breeding parents to eventually go for a shiny with the Masuda Method. Before I can get my sync to work I run into, you guessed it, a shiny floette.

Bold 2-3/28-29/18-19/31/21-22/31 (Blue Flower).

Masuda Method is still go...

EDIT:
On my third batch of eggs:
Flabebe
Bold
31/0/31/31/31/31

My luck today is quite incredible.
Now I just need to get a foreign parent, I wish I could transfer my JPN Ditto already.

MicH

I have a 5IV (-Atk) Timid Shield Dust male Ocean Scatterbug in a Premier ball with your name on it...

Okay, thanks!
Oh my god, thank you! What would you like in return?

I'm currently breeding Timid Hustle Nidorans (I know I have an extra perfect (31/x/31/31/31/31) male one left.

I also still have some No Guard Machops w/ Knock Off, Bullet Punch and Ice Punch, Lightning Rod Cubones w/ Iron Head and Detect and much more. These are just my recent breeds.

Zantar

Neo Member
OH THANK THE RNG GODS!!! Day #16 and 5th egg of the day is shiny Ponyta! Finally, good grief.

Edit: Oh thank god 31/31/31/x/31/31 too. Perfect pony. On a side note though, if I got the HA and for some reason wanted to change to a non HA, would ability capsule work on that? I know it can swap from non to non, but wasn't sure about if it had a HA.

Unfortunately, using an ability capsule on a HA doesn't do anything :(

MicH

So, who else is trying to Masuda a shiny and what are you MMing?

I'm currently working on getting a shiny Nidoran. Hopefully a male, but a female would be ok too. That blue Nidoking, though. I want!

QP3

Gosh I miss playing this game. I went to bootcamp and had to leave it behind.

Can someone fill me in on what went down with the Poke Bank? I see it brought up a lot but don't know the details.

MicH

Gosh I miss playing this game. I went to bootcamp and had to leave it behind.

Can someone fill me in on what went down with the Poke Bank? I see it brought up a lot but don't know the details.
I was supposed to come out December 27th, but it didn't because their servers were really unstable. It only came out in Japan, but was quickly pulled. Alas, it was re-released on the Japanese eShop like a week ago and the rest of us are still waiting. So yeah, it sucks

SeZMehK

I wish the bank would come out already so I can work on my living dex and clear out my boxes of all the trash pokes I got. >.>

keakster

Anyone willing to part with Charizardite Y?

- I have an Ability Cap (or any combination of items from the Maison Shop worth 200 BP)
- Jolly Outrage Gible 4 IV breeding partners
- Timid Gastly 4 IV breeding partners

PM me if interested!

edit: Done!

I'm currently working on getting a shiny Nidoran. Hopefully a male, but a female would be ok too. That blue Nidoking, though. I want!

I've decided to go back to work on a Chespin for the third time. I can't use a Chesnaught with the normal colour scheme. I just can't. I'll only do this until Pokemon Bank comes out.

Aggrotek

Was working on Noibat but decided to stop for a while and finish my Pokedex. I was at like 500+ eggs.

Korosenai

Burned myself out big time with this game.

Gonna return to it when I can but it sucks not having the same drive that I did before.
Same here. I dont think ive actually sat down and bred a Pokemon in about two weeks. Ive only been doing double battles every now and then on the battle spot and playing some matches on showdown.

Do you feel burned out on breeding or the game in general? You should take your Pokemon youve bred and use em online.

Delio

Morning guys! My breeding efforts are going well. My Power ranger team I mentioned is just missing a ton of items now. ugh trying to get a choice scarf and a few more choice items.

QP3

I was supposed to come out December 27th, but it didn't because their servers were really unstable. It only came out in Japan, but was quickly pulled. Alas, it was re-released on the Japanese eShop like a week ago and the rest of us are still waiting. So yeah, it sucks

Ahh that's a bummer. It seems surprising to me...aren't they usually on top of their releases and schedules?

It doesn't affect me much regardless, but still I think it is an awesome idea and will be great for those who still have all their data.

Aggrotek

Update on my Kanto dex list:

Parasect
Diglett
Golduck
Primeape
Rapidash
Magnemite
Voltorb
Tauros

If you have any of these Pokemon that you don't need/want feel free to PM me about donating them!

(Brought to you by the ASPCP: Aggro's Society for the Protection and Cruelty to Pokemon)

Same here. I dont think ive actually sat down and bred a Pokemon in about two weeks. Ive only been doing double battles every now and then on the battle spot and playing some matches on showdown.

Do you feel burned out on breeding or the game in general? You should take your Pokemon youve bred and use em online.

I think it's in general, though to be honest although I've bred so much Pokémon, I haven't really done too much battling at all in X Y. A few times with friends around here, but not online.

I'll have to try it out, haha.

JackHerer

I love how shiny Hawlucha looks. Is Hawlucha a viable competitive pokemon?

Top Bottom